2 HOURS AGO RT @NiallsBlueEyes9: Thank you @girlslifemag I got my book :) YAY! :) pic.twitter.com/2Yrh9pCq98

2 HOURS AGO How do you feel about smoking? Sound off on the survey: http://t.co/DYrp6lJmWF

5 HOURS AGO 20 ways to flirt with your crush: http://t.co/M6GN4Lfh2r

COMMENTS

Period panic! What if I get it at school?

I haven't gotten my period yet, and I'm afraid I'll get it for the first time at soccer practice or school or somewhere. Help me! Dear Worried, Every...

Mod!!
Lucky mee!! NOT! I am going to have my period on the first day of school. Frown help?

Hey girlie,

Check out this article for tips on how to know your period is coming and ways to stay prepared on that big day. Then, read up on our Periods, Period articles so you know all there is to know about periods (if you don't know already!) - the more you know, the better prepared you'll be Smile

Lauren C.

by Sunny4132 on 8/23/2012 5:14:13 PM

Mod mod mod!
I have a question... Do people actually send in the questions that are the artical? How can i send in a question? Thx!

Hey girl,

You bet! You can send in advice questions by clicking on this link Smile

Lauren C.

by Sunny4132 on 8/23/2012 4:58:10 PM

sorry! but i thought all of this info was obvious and kinda like a whole page of DUH!!

by divasa on 8/23/2012 4:56:35 PM

Ik Im so scared too!

by LouisTomlinsonLover on 8/22/2012 6:13:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
My face always turns beet red! Even when I'm not embarrassed! It turns red when someone looks at me, brings attention to me, if I'm talking, or standing beside a cute guy. It really brings down my self esteem(which is already low) & sometimes forces me to not be social. &when people notice it&point it out it gets worse. I've tried everything from breathing exercises to placing my hands or water bottle on my cheeks. Please help! i need advice on how to make it stop going red all the time! Smile

Hey girl! Check out the last part in this article: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/08/17/i-want-more-confidence.aspx ! Hopefully that will help! Also one of my best friend's faces gets red all the time, but she's learned to make a joke out of it. She just laughs it off and is like whoops i can't help it! Maybe if you try talking about it with your friends and just lightly joking about it you'll feel better! And guess what?!? I bet no one notices it as much as you do, so if you act like nothings wrong I'm sure no one else will even notice! xoxo

Carly S.

by junior on 8/22/2012 3:34:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
What can i do about cramps, cause now i have them, and I want them gone before i go back to school (1:15)because i have gym. help?

Hey chica! Ask your mom or the nurse if you can take some ibuprofen! That should help get rid of the cramps in no time! Also if you have time to take a shower or bath they both help a lot! Hope you feel better! xoxo
Carly S.

by Jas.cathy on 8/22/2012 3:26:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
what do i say to the nurse, and how do i tell my mom i got it? thanks Smile

Hey sweets! No worries! I'm sure your mom knew it was coming! Just pull her aside and let her know. She'll understand your situation and be super helpful! When you go to the nurse just say that you got your period but it's your first time so you don't have anything to use and then if you are struggling with either a tampon or pad ask her how to do it. She deals with situations like these on a day to day basis and is ready to help you! xoxo

Carly S.

by Jas.cathy on 8/22/2012 3:15:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
hi, i think i just got my first period, and idk what to do, because i just came home for lunch (from school)and i found this red-ish brownish stain in my undies. None if my friends have pads, and i have to go back to school soon, so i cant run to the store and get some. What do i do? thanks (:

Hey girl! Try going to the nurse at school! She should definitely have something and will be able to answer any of your questions! If you don't have tampons or pads put a little bit of toilet paper in there for now but make sure to talk to an older girl (mom, friend, grandma, nurse, etc.) and have her help you! Don't worry you'll be fine! and congrats! You're getting older! xoxo

Carly S.

by Jas.cathy on 8/22/2012 3:00:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD !!!!
Last night, I got a total of ZERO hours of sleep. I've had insomnia for about a month now and it seems to just be getting worse. I've already been to the doctor twice with barely any feedback. I've tried EVERYTHING! I feel so sore and I have no energy right now but my mind just can't shut down. Whenever I try to sleep, my heart starts beating faster and I just can't. I'm supposed to go to dinner tonight with my friends. Should I skip it since I am feeling this way? I really want to go!! The doctor said maybe I should see a psychologist. Should I? I need advice!

Hey girlie!  If your doc thinks you should see a psychologist, he or she probably thinks it'll help, so talk about it with your 'rents.  If it helps you sleep, then it's worth it, right?  Go hang out with your friends- feeling tired at home isn't going to make you feel better.  Try and get a little nap in (half an hour or so) before you see them, it might help you feel better.  I hope you feel better soon, sweetie! xoxo

Kate G.

by Eaglette on 8/21/2012 1:22:52 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMMOODMOD
MOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got my period on Monday and my friend has a pool party on Friday!! It's been less than a year since I first got it, I'm not even a teenager and I've only been able to put at tampon in once!!!!
WHAT SHOULD I DO!?!?!?!