11 HOURS AGO Can we get a "yas" for this surfing pig? http://t.co/NKdXo1fHEB

14 HOURS AGO Listening to @BeaMiller #youngblood and wishing it was live like yesterday! #glfashbash

14 HOURS AGO Stripes, polka dots, or floral?! Find your perf print match here: http://t.co/lM41ZdRSJ6

COMMENTS

Period panic! What if I get it at school?

I haven't gotten my period yet, and I'm afraid I'll get it for the first time at soccer practice or school or somewhere. Help me! Dear Worried, Every...

My first period was at an EXTREME awk time.... but it was fine. i got my first when we had just moved from america to switzerland and the day where all the new kids get shown around by students that been there before so the situation was already nervracking awkward by itself and then it came i was going the baathroom during a break and i noticed all this blood! i was too nervous to tell anyone (especially since i didnt know anyone) so i just stuffed my under ware with toilet paper and kept a confident face!!
trust me no matter how aawk the stitch (my friend got hers while swimming and she noticed the blood in the pool, but noone else did!) you WILL BE JUST FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

by k4ndyk4ne3 on 8/17/2012 1:13:38 PM

I hate how my school uniform skirts don't have pockets, and how they don't allow us a few minutes to use the restroom inbetween classes. I have to ask during class, go to my locker and hope the teacher doesn't ask why I went to my locker. Then, I shove it in my sweater or my sock as fast as I can and go to the bathroom. And because it's all echoey and girls are always in the bathroom, it embarrasses me sooooo much:/

by alexia_directioner<3 on 8/17/2012 1:13:19 PM

Mod! Mod! Mod! Mod!
Where should I keep pads if my period comes unexpectedly? Like girls at school keep them I there backpack but when it comes the girls bring their backpacks into the bathroom and everybody knows! My pockets aren't big enough to shove them in plus you can kinda see what it is, I don't wanna carry around a purse because I'll have to worry about losing it and keep track of it because it's awkward, AND I don't want to shove it in seatshirt pocket when I go back to school because at the beginning of the year it's too hot to wear a sweatshirt? Do you have any other ideas where I could put them for accidents?

Hey girlie! I agree that taking your backpack between classes is your best bet.  You could try something super sly, like putting it into a book, but any way to you it, people will guess what's up, so you might as well just stick to the norm! xoxo

Kate G.

by Icecreamluver on 8/17/2012 1:11:26 PM

I have an irregular period and we cant have purses at my school and i cant put my tampons in my pencilpouch because my BGF has NO idea what a period it and i cant keep him or anybody out of my pencil poych.
-Any advice girls help!!

by hopie1215 on 8/17/2012 12:57:23 PM

Keep one or two pads in your pocket - if you have one, so you won't have to carry a purse around and get questions.

by Sarah510 on 8/17/2012 12:46:31 PM

cheetah#1 and puffinlover99
YOU GUYS! She is trying to feel comforted. "Periods are evil." and "Periods at school are awful!" is not going to help.

by WinnieGirlie on 8/17/2012 12:46:23 PM

Periods are the most evil things in the world. I have a ridiculously heavy period. But I actually find school easier because you don't go anywhere and you have scheduled times to change your tampon.

by puffinlover99 on 8/17/2012 11:54:27 AM

Periods at school are awful.I tried to sneak pads and stuff in at little purse, but people saw it and began asking questions! Oh, glob.

by cheetah#1 on 8/17/2012 11:45:57 AM

I got mine for the first time the summer after 7th grade..I was SO grateful it was summer!! lol I worried about the exact same things!

by maggie183 on 8/17/2012 11:39:17 AM