AN HOUR AGO How *not* to spazz out on your biffles (even when they deserve it!) http://t.co/P9Zuw063mu

2 HOURS AGO He canceled on her to hit the movies with someone else–what would you do? http://t.co/iquGB2KiUL

3 HOURS AGO This original poem gives us all a new look at love: http://t.co/0zr0C7Xxma

COMMENTS

First day fab: Bus stop 101

It’s your first day goin’ back to school, and one of your biggest hurdles is gonna be catching the bus in the a.m. How do you...

Hey, if you need any school help or wanna help others who need help, join my club: The StudyGroup <3

by topaz1116 on 9/3/2012 9:35:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
Usually on the day before school starts, I usually have trouble going to sleep (I'm so anxious). This year, since I'm going to a new school, I have to wake up extra early! Can you give me some tips to have an good sleep?

Hey pepper444, try to do things during the day and at night to tire yourself out. Try exercising, reading, cleaning and organizing , to get you exhausted. Just finding stuff to do will get you ready for sleep. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by pepper444 on 9/2/2012 6:14:26 PM

If your bus is late, don't get upset. I did that on the 1st day, and it didn't turn out well for me.

by peppercyndaquil13 on 9/1/2012 10:03:47 PM

Hey girls! My friend showed me this website that has to do with school or something like that... Anyway it looks interesting, here's the address: middleschoolsupport.weebly.com See you there!

by elizabeth01 on 9/1/2012 8:28:17 PM

I am pretty stressed for school this year...i managed to get straight A's for the past 2 years, but this year i moved up to all advanced classes. I really want to keep up my straight A's, but i don't know if thats possible with all the sports practices, music lessons, and extra help after school. I CAN'T give up any of my sports of playing in my band and also playing piano...Any suggestions to keep my day not completely out of control??

by alexa365 on 8/26/2012 10:11:17 AM

my bus driver is meeaan... i got a referral for talking too loud. is that dumb or what? Tong

by animeninja99 on 8/25/2012 10:55:53 PM

A little bit late...I started school 2 1/2 weeks ago...

by jackieluvz on 8/22/2012 3:19:52 PM

my crush is at my bus stop lol we talk alot

by 1120sami on 8/22/2012 12:43:45 PM

MODMODMOD
There's this guy I like, and we are friends, but we only really talk online, not really in real life, and the first day of school is in a week and i don't know what I'm going to say to him, because im kind of shy and it's way easier to talk throught email!!!

Hey girly! Your totally normal! It's difficult at first to talk to someone you've been talking to online in person, but you both already know so much about each other! Try talking to him about the things you talk about online! Don't be shy you can do it! if you get over the initial awkwardness you'll be good to go! Just remember things he's said he's interested in and talk to him about them! xoxo

Carly S.

by JBgal33♥ on 8/22/2012 10:05:10 AM

Want to be popular, or just want your crush to notice you. Well we can help you with that. Need to know what dress to wear or what to do when you have an embarrassing moment. We have it all just ask and get an instant reply. http://www.girlslife.com/AdviceQueen.aspx?id=6486

by icecream8975 on 8/21/2012 7:45:57 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD
Tomorrow is my first day of high school, and I can't really figure out how to do my hair! HELP!! It's thick, straight, and dark brown Smile Thanks!!

hey! what about a cool braid? here are some ideas for ya: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/06/22/4-bold-braids-to-try-this-summer.aspx

Helen S.

by gumcard on 8/21/2012 6:27:53 PM

im the first one on my bus which comes at 6:10 so most days there is only like 5-15 other people that ride in the morning so age doesnt really matter. last year the bus driver told us we were the most quiet group shes ever had its easy to tell how, most people are just sleeping or listening to music. Lol

by myipodrox16 on 8/21/2012 4:49:46 PM

I am going into high school this year and I'm excited for it except for one thing; I am very shy. With friends I'm very outgoing and silly yet in class I hardly speak at all. I hate it. On Facebook when people post pictures and stuff about hanging with friends I envy them. It's not like I'm mean or anything, I'm just shy. I want to join clubs too but my two friends are a bit, uh, embarrassing. It's shallowish but it's kinda true. I want people to know me for me, not my few friends. I want to join a club they arn't in, but we have the same interest. What should I do?

Hey chica! Try exploring some new things that you may be interested in but have never tried! It's always nice to make new friends (but don't forget to keep the old)! Going into high school is a great time to pick up new hobbies, or sports and  I'm sure you'll meet new friends this way! As for being shy, try to strike up conversation with one person individually cause it's a lot less intimidating to start that way. It may even be a good idea to invite a few new friends to come over or do something you like to do a lot that way you're in familiar grounds and feel comfortable! Good luck! xoxo

Carly S.

by emmyie11 on 8/21/2012 4:43:05 PM

Mod mod mod
Hi, I know this is really random but I need some help. Ok so my mom still won't let me shave and I'm 14. My sister is 12 and I think she shaved using my moms razor. I asked her and she denied it but I can tell she is lying. If my mom found out she started she would be mad, she is only 12 and she doesnt even want me to do it! I annoys me that she can while I can't and I really want to tell my mom, but I don't want to be a tattle tale. What should I do???

Hey girl! If your sister is sneaking around behind your mom's back to do other stuff (like wear makeup or go out with boys), then you might want to let her know what your sister is up to.  Since it's only this one thing and since you don't KNOW that she's doing it, you might sound like you're just trying to get your sister in trouble.  xoxo

Kate G.

by daddy'sgrl12 on 8/21/2012 2:00:35 PM

Mod! Mod! Mod!
I'm going to be going to a new school. Its my last year in middle school. Can you give me some tips on making freinds. Like I know complementing them and , smiling. But can you give me some concosation starts and tips on making friends.

Hey girl! Try to find friends in clubs.  Join one or two new clubs abou things that interest you, that way you can have automatic conversation starters! xoxo

Kate G.

by saysay65 on 8/21/2012 11:57:34 AM

The only people at my bus stop is my jerky ex-boyfriend and a girl I don't like(she ditched me and she's not a nice person) and a girl who I used to talk to, so it's prety quiet in the morning. I've had the same bus driver since I was a freshman(fingers crossed she drives the bus I ride again).

by scamp24 on 8/21/2012 11:53:55 AM

I always wake up too late and almost miss the bus on the first day of school!!

by genieinabottle on 8/21/2012 8:52:56 AM

Thank you soooooo much for this article! I'm taking the bus for the first time this year (freshman). Only I'm taking the bus home, from school twice a week. Is there anything else that I need to know? Thanks!

Hey girl! I think that's it! I didn't ride the bus, but the girl who wrote this did, and she tried to be as informative as possible! xoxo

Kate G.

by newsies on 8/21/2012 8:05:19 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
i know this has nothing to do with the bus,but i was wondering where you can get elastic band skirts?
thank you and keep up the great work i love GL!Laughing

Hey girl! Check out Target and Walmart- they have lots of different types of skirts! xoxo

Kate G.

by ashsgame on 8/21/2012 2:42:50 AM

Anyone else have that one REALLY annoying person who always sits next to you on the bus? Well worry no more because the solutions are simple. you could...
1.choose an empty seat and place your backpack next to you
2.sit in the isle seat
3.pretend to be asleep Smile
4.sit next to a friend

by HannahJL on 8/21/2012 1:59:45 AM

i missed the bus SO many times last year. the entire first week, i asked my mom to drive me to school so i wouldn't have to ride the bus. BIG MISTAKE, the 2nd week i got to the bus stop as the bus pulled away and the bus driver stopped a few seconds later for me to get on. EVERYBODY was staring and most of the kids at the back were laughing.

by emroxlol on 8/21/2012 1:29:57 AM

I don't ride the bus but a few of these could apply to lunch(like finding a seat or making a friend)! Smile

by Acutiebookworm on 8/20/2012 11:39:35 PM