3 HOURS AGO What kind of sister are you? http://t.co/R0BoPmeZug

4 HOURS AGO Give your closet a killer makeover: http://t.co/CimNERzkMm

5 HOURS AGO GL's connecting with the cosmos to cast your #horoscope: http://t.co/6q0cyyIeCt

COMMENTS

GL's Skincare Sessions: Score clear skin in 3 steps with Clean & Clear Essentials

We’re always in search of skincare products that’ll deliver healthy, glowing skin. Since tons of derms tell us that using a regular, three-step system (cleanser, toner and moisturizer)...

mod mod mod i love having clean skin so are their any other things i can do with washing my face Smile

Hey Girl, do you mean other things? Washing your face is numero uno, but you could also exfoliate, moisturize, or wear a face mask to get that healthy glow. Be aware though of what you're doing because you could end up aggravating your skin.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by 2cute03 on 3/21/2013 12:55:45 PM

I looked up clean and clear ingredients, and their products are so full of harmful
chemicals!

by 11mints on 1/8/2013 12:12:13 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!
It's thursday and this mornig i woke up with a big shinig zit on my nose. Saturday is a huge day for me, I have two performances with my choir, Jasmine (me) is going to a little girls party, I am taking my sister and we are going to gat santa pictures, and that evening I am going caroling. I really cannot have a zit for Saturday, what is the fastest way to get rid of it? Thank you so much
-Cookie99

Hey babe-

Make sure you keep your face clean. You can also try dabbing on some neosporin or vas aline-- this can help dry it out and help it heal faster. There are tons of natural remedies like lemon juice and tea tree oil that can help speed up the process as well. Just make sure you wash your face before you apply any kind of treatment to the zit!

alexis g.

by cookie99 on 12/6/2012 9:29:59 AM

@ perfect 'n popular
what product did you use? i need to know asap.

by candycraver3 on 11/20/2012 7:49:55 PM

Help i have this really weird acne-rash thing on my upper arms and i keep getting pimples on my legs. How do i fix it?

Hey girl, keep your skin clear first of all, but check the products you're using. Have you started using anything new recently? It's important to make sure your skin isn't reacting to anything. If you haven't, show your 'rents and get their take. It may not be as noticeable as you think.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by skipperb5 on 11/12/2012 7:31:05 PM

hey, I have these products for sensitive skin, and this stuff is amazing. I am one of the few people in my school with acne early. (I'm 11!) Luckily, my mom is super supportive and she got me this. It makes my skin smooth and silky. I seriously recomend this for any person who is acne- ridden. It cuts back your acne from 10(pizza face) to a 2(still some small pimples, but moderatly clear skin)I love it, and you should get this too! Smile

by perfect n' popular on 11/3/2012 11:40:50 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have Combination skin and i get zits all over my face ( mostly forehead ) I use Clean & clear essentials for oily skin, they work on my face but my forehead zits are becoming impossible! How can i make them disappear? they got bad to the point people start calling me pizza face Frown

Here's the problem. I'm 21 and im still dealing with acne :/ its a problem that isnt going to be away easily. The only thing i suggest is that you wash your face twice a day. Keep it nice and fresh. And know what? If youre feeling extra oily, wash it right then and there, making it 3 times a day. Keeping your face clean is one way to not feel so crummy about all of the acne. Also another thing is do NOT scrub your face. If you scrub it way too hard you will spread oil and dirt around, causing more acne. Not to mention it just makes it sensitive and not happy. As long as you keep washing on the daily and take care of yourself you;ll eventually start clearing up. Oh also drink lot of water! Btw dont forget to ignore all of those jerks calling you pizza face. Like theyve never had acne. PSH. Theyre dumb. For real. Feel better girl! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by pretty_princess1024 on 10/30/2012 8:35:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have lots of trouble with the ance. I know I don't wash my face often, but it seems like my ance soap isn't working as well. It is a few years old. I can't afford to buy new products. What do I do?

Hey girl, I'd try using regular soap or getting a cleanser like Cetaphil for your skin day and night (it isn't too pricy). The point is to keep your skin clean, and you need to use products that haven't expired.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by wesdelwarrior on 10/29/2012 8:57:40 PM

I use this one clean and clear face wash, it's just a normal one, but I have perfect skin(im 13) it works, but it only will work if you hardly ever get pimples.

by averya on 10/5/2012 10:25:05 PM

*MOD*
Hi I think there should be a contest were the clean and clear stuff is the prize I think a lot of people would like that comment if you would!!!Smile

Hey! I know they have a lot of beauty product contests, so keep an eye out and maybe clean and clear will be up for grabs!

Helen S.

by fashion4ever:) on 9/22/2012 12:44:18 PM

MODMODMOD!!!
i use all the recomended products, but i still get acne!!!uUsually, i only get smaller pimples, not large zits, but they are still really noticable. the only way to make bumps go away is to pick at them, and then they turn red and scar!!!how do i prevent this and what is causing it??

Hey girl,

It can be tempting to pick, but that only makes things worse! Acne can be caused by a variety of things -- not exercising enough, not eating right, not getting enough sleep, stress, hormones or other factors. If over the counter products aren't helping, talk to your parents about seeing a doctor/guardian for your acne so they can help you clear your skin up!

Meghan D.

by smithleah83 on 9/15/2012 9:52:47 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!
I always get bite by mosquitos and I can't help but scratch. It looks REALLY bad. How can I protect from mosquitos and how can hide thos red mosquito bites? (they are even on my face!)

Hey girl, I know what you mean, mosquitos love me too. Just make sure to wear bug spray! Or, you could try rubbing dryer sheets all over too. It's probably better not to cover mosquito bites with makeup, but put anti-itch cream or spray on it to help with the scratching. Good luck!

Lauren I.

by mininami28 on 9/12/2012 4:55:08 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!

Hannah H.

by mininami28 on 9/11/2012 1:28:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
For clean & clear, i have th 2nd "part", nothing else, of clean & clear. I use Cetaphil than the liquid clean & clear. is that ok? Xoxo

Hey girl, I think with face routines, different things work for different people. Experiment with it and if it keeps your skin clear, then it's perfectly fine. xoxo
Alyssa B.

by doglover463 on 9/10/2012 8:39:01 PM

*Mod*
Could u please reply to the question I asked b4? Also, how long does it take for questions to be answered?comments to be posted?

Hey girl,

I don't have any previous questions from you, but if you repost I will be happy to answer! We have live mods from 9am until 1am, but how long questions take to be answered depends on how many are submitted at one time!

Meghan D.

by 99Jade86 on 9/1/2012 11:16:18 PM

Mod mod mod
I dont know wat bts means could u tell me?Thanks

Hey girl! BTS= Back To School xoxo

Kate G.

by donsana on 8/28/2012 8:07:14 AM

I have a pretty good acne system. I sometimes use a mudmask thing. U only need a little 4 ur entire face. Then I use Stridex pads to clean my pores. Next I use Clean and Clear deep pore (its really strong). Last, if I have a pimple somewhere, I use Clearsil on it. DO NOT WASH THE CLEARSIL AWAY!!!! But I had a huge pimple once and it was gone in 2 days with Clearsil.

by wheatenterrier on 8/25/2012 3:46:06 PM

so when i get up in the morning my face is a little bit oily, but then after a wash my face its super dry. but then it seems like as soon as i get to school my face is very oily again...its actually kinda gross. so what kind of skin do i have? and what products would you recommend?

Hey chica! You seem to have oily skin, but you don't seem to be moisturizing it right! Because it doesn't have enough moisturizer after you wash it, it produces extra oil, which makes it so icky once you get to school! Try using something for oily skin and focusing on moisturizing. xoxo

Kate G.

by xTayTayTallx on 8/23/2012 12:12:03 PM

I really want to use this stuff in the article, but am afraid it will be a bit too expensive. Is there an off-brand (like Target) of this line that is cheaper but will have the same effect? Thanks so much!! Smile

Hey girl! I'm not sure if there's a target brand that's the same as clean & clear, but  I do know that they sell the clean & clear products at target ranging from about $3-$5 in price. I would check that out, but if that's too expensive test out some target brand or other inexpensive face washes and similar products to find the ones that are right for you! xoxo

Carly S.

by fallsb-ball on 8/22/2012 11:52:26 AM

Please reply!!!!!!
Okay, so I don't make friends that easily and I am starting 9th grade. I never hang out with friends after school or talk to them. Can you give me any tips on how to make more friends and how to ask for their phone number or ask them to go somewhere after school (for ex. their house)? And if I do hang out with them after school, what am I suppose to say? Becuz I am really shy and don't talk that much. Thank you so much!!!!!!

Hey chicky! To make friends, try and join new clubs and meet some people that you haven't talked to much before.  Joining a club automatically gives you something to talk about- the club! Try inviting people to come with you places (to your house, or to grab an ice cream cone at your fave place).  Try and have an activity in mind- like catching a movie on TV you really want to see or going shopping for a dress for a school dance.  That way, you can talk about that if the conversation slows down on other things.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by michelle132 on 8/21/2012 12:48:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Okay, so I have smelled my lips before (by kind pursing my lips up to my nose) and they always smell really bad! So I did an experiment,I rinsed them off and dried them and they smelled fine. But then I licked my lips and they smelled horrible again! And I had just brushed my teeth/tongue! What do I do to fix this problem? Thanks

Hey girl! Try some mouthwash- it sounds like the problem might be your breath, not your lips! Make sure you're drinking enough water and flossing! xoxo

Kate G.

by chick987 on 8/21/2012 11:11:02 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hey! I recently went back to school shopping and got two pairs of colored jeans. One is a darkish violet, and the other is a darkish mustard/burnt orange. I can only keep one and can't decide which! My style is 70% classic, 20% girly, and 10% glam. Thanks so much!

Hey chica! Choose the one that matches more things in your closet! xoxo

Kate G.

by krusha27 on 8/21/2012 9:28:16 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOOOODDDDD!!!!!
This weekend I am going to an amusment/water park with my church and that night at the park there is going to be a concert. Could you give me a few ideas of outfits to wear that is stylish, comfy, has layers, and can easily have a bathing suit under it or change into it easily. Also a few hair and makeup ideas. Thanks!!

Hey chica! Here are some outfit ideas!  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/06/26/Headed-to-the-amusement-park-3-outfits-to-wear.aspx As for hair and makeup- stick to the waterproof stuff and keep it light- you'll probably be sweating and reapplying SPF! Keep your hair out of your eyes by Putting it in a cute braid, since braids can get wet and still look cute, you won't be fussing after a couple rounds on the water slide! xoxo

Kate G.

by isyrocks on 8/20/2012 11:42:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD:
So I want to run for homeroom representative for student council,but in order to do that,I have to give a short speech at the "election". I'm terribly scared & I don't know what to say in my speech. What if I get so nervous that the speech just turns into rubbish!? What if I make a fool out of myself or forget the words? I'm so nervous about performing a speech in front of people I don't really know!! Should I give the speech anyway or just sign up to become a regular member instead of a rep?? PLASE HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey chica! Push your limits and give the speech! Practice before with your parents and have them give you tips on your speech so when you're reading it, you are well prepared! xoxo

Kate G.

by MadMaddie911 on 8/20/2012 10:18:59 PM

okay i have freckles and is there a different way to apply concealer??? thanks

Hey girlie! If you want to keep your freckles, apply concealer just to your blemished and blend really well! Unfortunately, there's no way to hide a blemish that doesn't include hiding your adorable freckles! xoxo

Kate G.

by loppyears12 on 8/20/2012 9:02:33 PM

Looks like it actually works! I really want to try this stuff!!

by fallsb-ball on 8/20/2012 8:33:44 PM

modmod
so i dont really know what kind of skin i have not super dry but not that oily and i mostly have blackheads and i hate trying to pick them it hurts what should i do?? HELP!!!!

Hey! my skin's kind of medium too. I like to use st ives scrub at night and a tinted moisturizer in the morning. that's a good way to balance the dryness and oil Smile

Helen S.

by millia7 on 8/20/2012 8:30:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I start school in about a week and i have a little bit of acne what are some good home remides to get rid of acne. and what are some cheep good working acne cleansers. thx

Hey! check out these articles

Helen S.

by niccer13 on 8/20/2012 8:26:19 PM

MODMODMOD
I have a LOT of white-heads on the side of my face. What should I do/use to get rid of them? Thanks! Smile

Helen S.

by ellie hills on 8/20/2012 8:03:47 PM

Don't buy products just because they're oil-free, though. In the US, "oil-free" just means it doesn't have animal, plant, or mineral oils, but most of the time companies add synthetic oils that are just as bad (or way worse!) than the natural kind.

by delisioso on 8/20/2012 7:39:35 PM

Do you guys love fashion? Do you like Taylor Swift? I just solved BOTH of your problems.
I have a Club called Fashion Advice 101. We talk fashion and I do my best to give daily fashion tips. Vice President is open. Let me know if you would like to be it. If you would want to be it please let me know on my profile not the club page.
I also have another club, True Swifties. If you LOVE Taylor Swift from her music to her style this is a PERFECT club for you too! Positions are also open. Just go onto my profile and tell me which position on which club. I hope you join both! XOXO ~Fashion designer

by Fashion designer on 8/20/2012 6:37:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
okay so during the school year my mom packs my lunch and makes my breakfast. she usually puts in some cookies and chips but i want to cut that stuff out of my diet. i normally dont have time to make my own recipies and go grocery shopping with her but i really want to start eating healthy. what are some easy ways to keep from eating bad food and get a flatter stomach?

hey! I'm sure your mom wouldn't mind having one or two less things to pack, so why don't you just tell her to nix the cookies please? here's some exercise tips too: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/07/03/Totally-Ab-sessed-Your-favorite-six-pack-workouts.aspx
Helen S.

by iskate100 on 8/20/2012 5:20:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
hey so whenever i run alone in my neighborhood (its really kid friendly and safe) i get discouraged and usually end up walking. i know i am able to run at least 3 miles straight because that is what i always run with my friends. how do i encourage myself to keep running while im alone with no one there to challenge me? thanks!

hey! you could try imagining what your friends might say if they were there to egg you on and if that doesn't work maybe you can come up with some kind of reward system for yourself. Like 1 mile = 5 chapters from your favorite book or an episode of a tv show you love Smile

Helen S.

by iskate100 on 8/20/2012 5:17:06 PM

I picked this system up a couple days ago ( the non-sensitive) and I am soooo excited! A lot of stubborn blackheads which I started thinking were freckles are gone. Only complaint? The toner burns slightly but it's not bad and I can feel it working deep in my skin.

by cookiemonster15 on 8/20/2012 4:26:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Ok so on my forehead I have like, bumps that have been there for a while, & I dont know how to get rid of them! Help?

Hey girl, make sure you only use face cleansers on your face and wash everyday!

Lauren I. Lauren I.

by lillycap98 on 8/20/2012 3:54:31 PM

I use the sensitive skin clean and clear routine on my skin because i have extremely dry sensitive skin. I also have eczema so i have extremely good luck when it comes to my skin as u can see . but the routine works really really well

by username0000 on 8/20/2012 3:15:45 PM

This looks really helpful, and I'm thinking of getting it. Can't wait to try it out!

by pretty123 on 8/20/2012 3:04:16 PM