6 HOURS AGO How to ask a guy out and not be super awk and sketchy: http://t.co/l6Imxj9xVp

9 HOURS AGO Feelin' crafty? Make mom the perf #MothersDay prezzie: http://t.co/Of1DdcU6k7

10 HOURS AGO 6 excuses to get off your butt and have some fun outdoors: http://t.co/z1vY4OZjTX

COMMENTS

What's wrong with your shape? (Hint: Nothing!)

Shapewear is a term that’s used to describe tight-fitting undergarments, like Spanx, that make the body appear thinner by keeping tummies and curves tucked in and smoothed...

They sound like those thingies women would wear under their dresses in the past...corsets?

by §♥greyson_chance♥§ on 8/25/2012 5:57:14 PM

I've never even heard of Spanx before. =\ I need to get out of the house more often.
But I HAVE heard of corsets, which I've just recently studied, and it seems like spanx is similar. The corset was worn under Victorian woman's clothes, all the way to the civil war, and was tightened to the point that is crushed organs or jumbled them together. More then 8/10 woman had serious health problems because of it, and 1/20 of them had a chance of dying after extended use.

by WelcomeToTheDorkSide on 8/25/2012 3:51:09 PM

I only wear spanks when my shorts are too short or I'm on my period. When I'm on my period, it helps ensure no leaking, especially at school. I have a pair that is a little big, so it's not super tight. Also, I buy boy short underwear and wear it like spanks, just not soo tight. The thing is, it's not for my shape, it's for comfort of not flashing or leaking. To avoid problems like this, just be smart about it. Smile Hope this can help someone!

by jewels101 on 8/25/2012 12:46:53 PM

i hate spandex. their not uncomfortable or anything, trust me, but they look HORRIBLE on me cuz im not that skinny. i have to wear them for vball, its not my choice. i wish vball didnt require spanx...

by lilmissamazing on 8/25/2012 12:10:47 PM

I wear spanx everyday, but less for the body slimming purposes than for the fact that it makes me feel comfortable. I like shorts and skirts and I wear shorts for sport practices all the time. I like how the spanx cover and don't show anything if I cross my legs or stretch.

by lilac1397 on 8/23/2012 10:00:47 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod
Please help me! I don't have any bras. It's not that my breasts aren't developed enough for one--they are. I probably wear about a B cup. I always have to wear a cami with a shelf or my boobs hurt just walking. And cami's don't even give enough support. I've tried to talk to my mom so many times, but I always get so scared and I just can't do it. I know, my moms been there before, and I shouldn't be embarrassed, but I am...Probably because my mom has never talked to me about growing up whatsoever. Not shaving, periods, my body changing, anything. So talking to her about bras would be something totally new to me. And I'm too scared to do it. How can I get over it and talk to her? Also, what do I say, when, and where? btw, my moms short on money right now, so I can't go to a professional place and get fitted and stuff.
Thanks!

Hey girlie,

You definitely need a bra! There's NO reason to deal with this pain anymore - you're growing up, and it's natural to need a bra. It's not even embarrassing because it's nothing taboo or weird. Every older girl uses a bra if she wants to, so it's not something to be ashamed of! I actually love shopping for bras because they come in so many pretty cuts, colors, and types. Personally, I think you need to take a deep breath, walk right up to mom, and tell her straight - "Hey mom? I think it's time for me to buy a bra. Do you think we could go to the mall together this weekend to pick one out?" You don't need a professional to get fitted - head to Forever 21 and grab a few sizes to try on. When you find the one that feels light and comfy, go for it! Since you're not used to talking about this stuff with mom, you're freaking out. But if you jump right in and tell her straight what's going on, it'll make it a lot easier! <3

Lauren C.

by Graciegang on 8/23/2012 9:08:49 PM

Weird thing is, a girl was trying to promote this today in gym. She said it makes you feel better. I said I don't have any and don't plan on using it anytime soon. Phew. I'm so glad I wasn't motivated to use it.

by Gabriella123 on 8/23/2012 7:50:07 PM

It sounds like a horrible trend. It sounds like it hurts!!!

by Milkdog64 on 8/23/2012 5:50:47 PM

I think everyone should love who they are! I know that it may be hard for some people but the least that you can do is try. I think having an unhealthy image of yourself is not, healthy! If you don't agree with my opinion I'm sorry

by gen_gen11 on 8/23/2012 5:46:25 PM

ouch. when girls turn to things like this, i always think, is it worth it to look like that on the outside, if it is killing everything inside?

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 8/23/2012 7:37:11 AM