3 HOURS AGO Anna & Elsa are servin' up some major hairspo! #PrincessStat: http://t.co/dQpwHoErKm

6 HOURS AGO Swap out your fatty foods for clean nom-worthy treats: http://t.co/HvO68YoFFc

7 HOURS AGO Color-changing nail polish just may be the coolest thing ever: http://t.co/sJVrKrDBFm

COMMENTS

Why does my BGF act too cool for "school" me?

This boy and I hang out every summer. But once school starts, he completely ignores me. What’s up with that? Bill: I take it he’s not busy studying? Some...

Well I like this guy who I've known since we were both five and we r neighbors and really good friends. I really really like him but I'm not sure if he likes me. He says that I'm cute but he thweren't know each other too well or we're too good of friends or something like that. If we did end up going out and we broke up I would never let that get in the way of our friendship!!! He's admitted that sometimes he's wondered if he likes me and he sometimes acts like he does but I'm not sure. And I told my friend that and she swore she wouldn't tell him, and then on the bus he said she texted him about me and he wouldn't tell me what she said. I think she might have told him! What should I do? Should I tell him that I like him? Should I just give up? I'm so confused...

Meghan D.

by Sunny79 on 9/7/2012 5:21:28 PM

There's this guy who I've been friends with since we were both five and we are neighbors and go to the same school, and I have a huge crush on him. For two years now I'll like another guy and then when that's over I go back to liking him. He has sometimes thought he likes me and he says I'm cute but he says we shouldn't date cuz we know each other too well or something. Isn't that a good thing? It seems like he likes me but I'm not sure.... And I told this girl I liked him and then my crush told me she had told him something about me in a text. I just know she told him I like him! I'm not sure what to do. Should I tell him myself? Should I just give up? I don't know what to do...

Meghan D.

by Sunny79 on 9/7/2012 4:29:52 PM

So there is a new guy at my school and he is soooo cute. I have 2 classes with him (P.E. and Drama). We have never talked before but we make eye contact a lot and whenever we do, he looks away. Also, most of his new friends are girls and its hard to tell if he likes them. Please help! I really want to get to know him more!!

Hey girlie,

Do you have anything in common? Has he joined any clubs or sports? Try to figure out if you have anything you can chat about and bond over, then get started! Add him on Facebook/AIM, chat about your classes or ask for homework help, and then grow closer as friends by asking him about his background/favorite things. It takes time - you're not gonna be besties overnight. But by getting to know him better, you have a better shot at flirting and turning this into something bigger! Smile

Lauren C.

by VLAGAgymnast on 8/30/2012 10:36:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I just got into high school and i love it (: Im getting social and all but the only thing i hate is that my boyfriend and i didnt go to the same high school. We decided to continue being bf/gf because we werent going to let that get between us. But now im SO busy and since i dont have a phone i have to get on facebook to talk to him and i just cant! Some days i go without hearing from him and i only get to see him on weekends. Im even starting to miss him so much that its interfering with my schoolwork. What do i do?! Help PLEASE. He might go to my school next year so i only need advice to get me through the year.
Love,
Desperate for help

Hey girlie,

It's great that you're doing so well in HS! Try not to let this distract you. If you can, schedule a time each week to chat with him or go on a date. That way, you stay connected and can catch up with each other's lives. But if you're too busy and everything is suffering, consider taking a break and being single for a while. I know this isn't the best option and it's kinda scary to think about, but a relationship with someone you care about deserves your time and energy. If you can't give your time and energy to it, the timing isn't right and you might need to focus on other things. Try not to force it one way or another - just work hard to make time for him and notice if he's doing the same. If it works, awesome. If not, don't beat yourself up about it. High school is tough sometimes and it takes a lot of focus to do well/make friends/join extracurriculars/make the most of it. It's natural if this relationship doesn't work out - so try to be honest with yourselves if it's better to step away <33333

Lauren C.

by babych on 8/30/2012 6:47:42 PM

MODMODMOD
so, me and my bgf are reaalllyy close. best friends. but when my one friend asked him if he had to date someone in our school, he chose me, and I think I MAY like him. at the same time, i could probably shouldn't date him since it would SO awkward once we broke up.
sorry if it seems like im not actually asking a question, i just wanted someone to talk to.
thank you so much!

Hey! totally,it's good to talk things out sometimes Smile So which do you think you'd enjoy more, the experience of dating this guy, or knowing that you have a real friendship that won't potentially get awkward? If it were me I think i'd choose friendship, but you have to follow your heart. good luck!

Helen S.

by spazyjazy99 on 8/27/2012 7:38:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD ok so this year im in 8th grade and this guy ive liked since 6th grade isnt in ANY of my classes and i never see him. we were just starting to talk a little bit last year and not im afraid he'll totally forget about me! and we arnt going to the same high school so i'll never have a class with him or anything im really sad!
Thankyou<3

Hey girl! Don't worry he won't forget about you! Try asking him to get together with a group of friends on the weekends! Even though you go to different schools you can still hangout! xoxo

Carly S.

by softball6 on 8/21/2012 4:06:50 PM

MODMODMOD
To carly S- there is no response to my question

by ljbdaisy on 8/21/2012 3:57:05 PM

MODMODMOD
I was introduced to this boy, who would be new at our school, about a month before school started. And after when he was walking away I told my friend he was cute, then my friend yelled to him saying that. 1.do you think new boy still remembers I thought that?
So the day before school started I friended him on FB and we were chatting on FB when he asked for my number, so i gave it to him. 2.Why do you think he asked for my number?
Then when we were texting I told him my classes and he said darn! I said what? he said we only have one class together. 3.Do you think he meant darn in a joking way or do you think it meant something?

Hey Girl! So sorry! Sounds like the new boy is trying to get to know you and if he heard your friend he took it as a compliment! Try and include him by inviting him to do things on the weekends and after school! Right now he's probably looking to make some new friends and who knows where it could go from there! xoxo

Carly S.

by ljbdaisy on 8/21/2012 3:17:43 PM

Don't worry about your friends if they were true friends they wouldn't be ignoring you.I as a girl hang out with guys just as much as the girls.Why don't you throw a get back to school party for you and everyone in your homeroom.

by teddy678 on 8/21/2012 11:13:35 AM

MOD MOD !!
I'm going into high school this year and I still haven't asked my mom about dating or guys at all. My friends have all been telling me I need to for awhile cuz I've never had to ask in the past but I need to know in case the opportunity ever comes! I just feel soooo awkward about it cuz I've never talked about guys or celebrity crushes or anything with her, and I'm not really sure how to bring it up without it being awkward :/ help please! Smile

Hey chica! Tell your mom that some of your friends are dating now, and ask her what the rules would be with you.  If you sound casual, I'm sure she won't be awkward about it- she'll be glad to know you are thinking ahead and want to work out rules! xoxo

Kate G.

by squigglegiggle13 on 8/21/2012 1:46:29 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
so school started today for me and I was super excited because my guy friend was in my class and we were really close last year during track but over the summer we sort of became distant. any tips for bringing the friendship back?
also today all my girl friends seemed to be ignoring me. i told my mom and she said to ignore them and become friends with guy because i connect with them better, i guess. help?
thanks so much!!!

Hey girl! Ask your friends what's up.  You need a good balance of guys and girls in your life. As for the guy- just start talking to him again, once you guys are talking on a regular basis, I'm sure you two will be as close as ever. xoxo

Kate G.

by coldplay12 on 8/21/2012 12:42:03 AM

my neighbor did that too me. then he and my other guy friend table topped me •_•

by coldplay12 on 8/21/2012 12:37:17 AM

Wow I find a few new friends

by j4zm09 on 8/21/2012 12:21:22 AM

mod mod mod
My friend is a grade ahead of me and we both have our groups of friends but we are still great friends. Any way she like has no confidence and when it comes to boys cant even look at them. I have alot of confidence and seeing her fail at school and having no confidence it kills me. HELP!!!!!

Hey girl! Introduce her to your guy friends or guys you know- having you with her while she chats with guys might help! xoxo

Kate G.

by flammer3 on 8/20/2012 9:33:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I am in a huge dilemma in 7th grade I know MIDDLE SCHOOl!. I kinda have social issues and my best friend is in none of my classes xcept lunch which is only 45 min. She like does all the talking for me I'm not shy but I don't like to talk a lot. And the other kid I know is not in my class either. I know no one and they already started forming groups. In classes when we pick seats I'm always alone. How do I make friends and get out of my social slump? Thanks SOO MUCH!

hey! making friends can be really, really hard. the trick is not to get discouraged when talking to one person doesn't work out and move on to the next one. good luck!

Helen S.

by zee100 on 8/20/2012 8:44:43 PM

Who wants to dominate the school and anyone around them? I do! I do! Well here you go. I have a new club called Alphas United which I'm sure you'll love. It'll teach you how to become popular and wipe out your competition. You can finally be in the spotlight I have been dreaming of...I mean you have been dreaming of. So come to my club Alphas United for the time of your life.

by transform2314 on 8/20/2012 8:42:56 PM

Softball6- Chat him up in the hallways or go to some of his sport games! That said, because of you guys not going to the same school consider if he's really worth it or you have better options. Maybe it's time to move on or maybe not. Good luck girlie!!! Smile

by Mtoles on 8/20/2012 8:42:51 PM

Mod Mod! Ok so this past year,this guy and I became really good frinds. We'd talk every night and we'd be joing around non stop at school. Then after 8th grade graduation, he stopped taking to me completely,along wi all the girls and some guys in our class. He made a fb... and added my little brother like 3 weeks before he added me, and has been acting like a jerk. I head from his former best friend that he wants to be 'popular' in high school and have 'popular' friens, but the thing is he was the sweetest guy I knew! And the way he's acting is not like him at all! I saw im at freshmen open house and he ignored me... whats going on? I mean, can guys really change like that overnight? Mostly I'm just mad and hurt that he never gave me a reason why.Now school'sgonna sart and I don't know if I should try to talk to him or if i should jus let it be...

hey! Yeah, guys (and girls) can just change like that over night. it's really hard but you can't take it personally. I think you should just let it be, but remember this if he finds out making new friends is hard and wants to act like he wasn't a jerk to you.

Helen S.

by mangochick12 on 8/20/2012 8:38:51 PM

Mod mod I just want to let you know that I couldn't make a club today because none of my devices I tried let me type in a presidents name.

hey! I'm sorry about that, the best advice i can give from here is to try again tomorrow or maybe try from someone else's computer if yours won't let you type a president's name. good luck!

Helen S.

by Ljbdaisy on 8/20/2012 8:11:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD the last school dance that was held at my school went terribly: there was alcohol, bullying, and fighting. my parents found out and now they're really worried, and i'm afraid they won't let me go to any of the next school dances. i really want to go though, but i'm worried too. should i talk to my parents?

Hey! Just casually bring up when the next dance is happening and see how they react, and whether their reaction is negative or positive.

Helen S.

by PuppyCT on 8/20/2012 6:54:16 PM

I have a boyfriend.. And I like him and all but he tries to act all cool and he follows the popular guys around, but thats not who he is. And cuz of that, I'm pretty much all he's got. He has people he thinks are his friends but they're not. I feel bad. My best friends family and his family are really close and they go on vacation together and stuff. She tells me its going too far, and I should talk to him.. Should I?

hey! maybe, but be prepared to learn that he feels like the popular guys really are his friends. he might not be so willing to admit that he acts differently around them as you might think.

Helen S.

by taylorswiftmylife on 8/20/2012 6:43:41 PM

Do you guys love fashion? Do you like Taylor Swift? I just solved BOTH of your problems.
I have a Club called Fashion Advice 101. We talk fashion and I do my best to give daily fashion tips. Vice President is open. Let me know if you would like to be it. If you would want to be it please let me know on my profile not the club page.
I also have another club, True Swifties. If you LOVE Taylor Swift from her music to her style this is a PERFECT club for you too! Positions are also open. Just go onto my profile and tell me which position on which club. I hope you join both! XOXO ~Fashion designer

by Fashion designer on 8/20/2012 6:36:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD ok so this year im in 8th grade and this guy ive liked since 6th grade isnt in ANY of my classes and i never see him. we were just starting to talk a little bit last year and not im afraid he'll totally forget about me! and we arnt going to the same high school so i'll never have a class with him or anythingFrown im really sad!
Thankyou<3

by softball6 on 8/20/2012 5:59:35 PM

If people see a girl and guy hanging out, they instantly think 'they're dating' He thinks your pretty and he's embarrassed about it. Don't worry about it (:

by cats-r-the-best on 8/20/2012 5:20:51 PM

does he ignore you on purpose? like, if he sees you down the hall he turns his back. or is always in a rush to do something important. if its on purpose, find better friends. if not, try to help him out w/ his important tasks

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 8/20/2012 5:16:41 PM

my brother and i have our 15th b-days in a month (we are twins). i need a diy gift for him. he likes video games and soccer, do you have any ideas? thanks! also, that you all you moderators, i love reading all of your amazing answers to everyones questions! sometimes people have the same questions as me but im too afraid to ask them! thanks again!

Hey girlie! I answered your question on the other page, let me know if you need other suggestions! xoxo

Kate G.