Bridget M.

is modding

2 HOURS AGO That one guy who ruins your shot with all the other guys🙅:http://t.co/46y1GfIeZ77

6 HOURS AGO You won't believe what @CodySimpson has planned for you in the new year: http://t.co/DJW7Q9hpP9

7 HOURS AGO How Santa Claus made this deaf girl's dream come true: http://t.co/UxzfjK8mLX

COMMENTS

5 reasons breakfast rocks

When you’re rushin’ to make the bus every morning, a little thing like breakfast just doesn’t seem super-important. But it’s good for way more than just silencing...

I love vanilla yogurt topped with strawberries and honey. De-licious!

by olivia1234 on 8/8/2013 10:22:18 PM

Hey girls! Looking for advice on school and friends? Need someone to listen to you vent? I'm here! If you want advice or just someone to listen to you, feel free to post a comment to my profile or visit my Advice Queen page! Have a great day Laughing

by ohheyitsjennyy on 10/7/2012 9:56:12 PM

I'm wondering how to lose some fat/flab...I'm 13 and 5' 3" and I weigh like 115 lbs but I'm really muscular and flexible. I work out some days 3-4 hours a day from dance and soccer and gym class. How do I get rid of some extra flab?! I still have it on my stomach and inner thighs! I eat healthy and maybe 1000 calories a day but I haven't lost it yet. Any tips?

Hey girl,

Don't be so hard on yourself--if you're living a healthy lifestyle, that's more important than how you look! If you want to add new exercises to your weekly plan, check out our workout channel for tons of ideas. http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx

Meghan D.

by SOCCERalltheway on 10/5/2012 7:54:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok so i was wondering if you have any idea what is the average weight for a girl who is five feet tall and is naturally thick?can u please awnser this question because i really really want to know.

Hey! I know there are ways to look up this info, like if you search for a "bmi calculator" and enter your height and weight it will show you the healthy weight range for that height and weight combo. hope this helps!

Helen S.

by cgirl109 on 9/29/2012 2:56:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
hey how come u never really awnser my questions anymore?everytime i try it never comes up on the site.

Hey girl,

We have mods working to answer your questions asap, but when we're busy it can take a little longer! I don't see any questions from your username submitted in the last hour, but if you resubmit I will answer whatever question you have!

Meghan D.

by cgirl109 on 9/28/2012 9:49:22 PM

Omg thanks soooo much mods! U dont know how much better this makes me feel!!!!!!!

by Sunny4132 on 8/27/2012 5:05:25 PM

Mod!!!
Hi i dont know how many calories i am supposed to eat. I am 14 years old, and weigh pounds. I need to know how much calories to eat, and how many to burn? Im soooo fat!Frown

Hey girl! You should be eating about 2,200 calories a day at your age to stay healthy.  If you want to lose weight, eat that amount of calories and work out 5-6 days a week for an hour.  Try doing cardio at least 4 of those days.  As long as you're eating healthy calories (fruits, veggies, and lean meats!), then you'll be healthy.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Sunny4132 on 8/27/2012 4:46:22 PM

Mod!!
Please help! I eat and eat an eat and i have gained 13 pounds this summer because
I eat sooo much while i watch tv. Help!!

Hey chica! First thing first- no more munching! No matter how good those chips look in that commercial, do NOT eat while you watch TV.  You don't realize how much food you've eaten, and most of the time, you are eating junk.  Instead, when you feel like grabbing a snack, have a glass of water and ask if you're actually hungry.  If so, have a piece of fruit or some hummus and peppers.  Next, make TV an active thing (or nix it altogether for something outside!).  Tell yourself for every TV show you watch, you'll do 10 crunches, and for every hour you watch TV, you'll take a 10 minute long walk in your neighborhood.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Sunny4132 on 8/27/2012 4:41:27 PM

MOD MOD MOD please reply i have posted this and no replies
I am about 5 feet and weigh  pounds. I am 12 years old. I am muscular and exercice alot, so i dont know why i weigh this much. i have been showing the signs of having my period soon so that may contribute. Am i fat? I am really scared about this.Please help as i have been feeling sad and fat all the time. Thank you.

Hey girl.  You are not fat, and gaining weight before your get your period is totally normal! Also, muscle weights more than fat, so while you may weigh more than you like, it's healthy, since you're muscular! xoxo
Kate G.

by puddinface7 on 8/27/2012 11:05:05 AM

MY BGF won't talk to me for no reason and now i know why! Its because he has a new girlfriend. Why would he ditch me for this girl Frown He always ends up getting his heart brokken because hes the most commeted guy ever! Hes just amazing and it scares me thinking about him giving his first kiss to this girls. His last relationship was 3 years and fom what i heard was that people think this relation ship is going to last at least 5, people tell me that they think a like and can finish each others sentences. I can't stop thinking about this it bugs me soooo much i'm so depressed latly! and i can't talk to him at school im home schooled!!! Frown plz help me. how do i get him to talk to me again.?

Hey chica! Unfortunately you can't choose who this guy gives his first kiss to, or keep him safe from ever getting his heart broken.  It sounds like you may have a crush on him, so it might be a good idea to slow down and let him get used to his new relationship.  Try texting him in a week or so and seeing if he responds then. xoxo

Kate G.

by Jbug77 on 8/27/2012 10:20:00 AM

I love breakfast, it's my favorite meal. My mom sometimes makes me hot chocolate and toast with butter! YUM! It's so good. It's a French thing that my mom's parents would make her when she was a kid and living in France.

by yogageek24 on 8/24/2012 8:53:48 AM

I luv having cheerios n milk, french toast, or a simple bagel n cream cheese. Delicious!!

by uniquester on 8/23/2012 7:05:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD !!!
Hi umm i am a little overweight and i am 14 yrs old. Umm i was wondering, how many calories shuld i burn/ day and eat/day? Am i supposed to burn every calorie that i eat, to be healthy??!?

Hey girlie,

NO WAY should you burn every calorie you eat! Calories give you energy and help your body work, so you need them! The best thing to do is talk to your doctor to find the right "calorie count" for your body and lifestyle. Talk to your doctor about what foods to eat, exercises to do, and ways to stay fit. After you chat about getting healthy, you can also check out our healthy recipes section and our workouts section to find ways to mix up your new routine Smile

Lauren C.

by Sunny4132 on 8/23/2012 5:57:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Has anyone won the Fab Fiction contest yet? I'm so nervous!!!

Hey girly! Not yet! The winner will be notified as soon as the judging is finished! Good luck! xoxo

Carly S.

by jrprodigy12 on 8/23/2012 2:37:35 PM

Carly S.

by field2300 on 8/22/2012 4:56:44 PM

Hey, every morning my mom makes these really good for you organic smoothies.Between those and the water it takes to get all SEVEN of my vitamins down I'm full do you think Thats an alright breakast?

Hey girly! Sounds yummy! It depends on what your mom puts in your smoothies. If she puts protein powder or greek yogurt you should be fine, but you need to make sure you're getting protein at breakfast! xoxo

Carly S.

by cookiemonster15 on 8/22/2012 4:26:56 PM

Some of my fave breakfast foods are cereal, cinnamon buns, and yogurt.

by otter77 on 8/22/2012 3:12:04 PM

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! Although, sometimes not the healthiest.... Cinnamon rolls, waffles, pancakes. Sorry!

by AlwaysDreamer on 8/22/2012 2:03:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
School starts tomorrow for me and one of the things I've been doing to prepare was cleaning my face. My skin was finally clear until this morning when i woke up with this HUGE zit on my cheek! HELP!!

Hey sweets! Try not to stress out, that will only make it worse! Make sure to wash your face tonight before you go to bed and if you have any pimple cream you should put that on it (maybe even now and then again before you go to bed). Here's a GL article on acne that has some tips i think will work for you! Have a great first day! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/02/01/skin-pimples-blackheads.aspx xoxo

Carly S.

by Sparksfly on 8/22/2012 1:59:45 PM

Can you give me some fast 5 minute breakfast ideas to eat when school starts for me on September 4rth?? I wake up at 6:30, I leave at 7:20, school starts at 7:30. I usually never eat breakfast, sometimes a glass of milk, at schol for lunch, if there's fruits or something I like I eat lucnch, but if everything disgust me I just always drink milk..People say that because I skip breakfast and lunch most of the time and always drink milk I become skinner and taller. I want to know some good breakfast ideas to eat..the last time I ate a good breakfast on school days was when I was in 3rd grade when my mom forced me to eat hard boiled eggs and toast..I'm going to 8th grade, already very tall and skinny, but I wanna become healthy.. PS:You gotta be at school some minutes early so you're not tardy.

Hey girly! Skipping meals is definitely not a good idea. You should talk to your mom about packing a lunch or snacks so that you have more to eat on the days that you don't like the food in the cafeteria! For breakfast, try cereal, toast with peanut butter (or soy nut butter), yogurt with fruit and granola, protein bars, frozen breakfast foods (waffles, pancakes, toaster strudels), or bagels with cream cheese (peanut butter's good too!). A glass of milk is good to go with any of these just try not to make it the only thing you have! xoxo

Carly S.

by Susmita24 on 8/22/2012 1:03:02 PM

Everyone thinks I'm really annoying. I try to stop talking so much but I can't stop talking for some reason

Hey girl! Try getting a journal to write down a lot of your thoughts instead of saying them all out loud! Keeping a journal can be fun and it's a great way to get your thoughts out! Keep being yourself, but maybe try not too be too overwhelming? Make sure to talk to different people that way you're not talking only to one person and throwing it all at them. If people still say you're annoying try reaching out to new people and making new friends! xoxo

Carly S.

by field2300 on 8/22/2012 12:59:51 PM

Special k chocolatey delight

by field2300 on 8/22/2012 12:58:16 PM

I <3 breakfast!!

by fallsb-ball on 8/22/2012 11:40:37 AM

My BFF is turning 13 next week. We want her to have a good birthday, but the thing is that we can't celebrate at our houses. We decided to go out to the mall and eat or whatever, but that just sounds like something we do everyday. What are some great ways to celebrate her birthday in public? (PS There'll be about 6 of us)

Hey girl! Sounds fun! I love birthdays! What about going to a bowling alley, a roller skating rink, a libby lu (I'm not sure if they'll have one near you or not), a restaurant you've never been to, a zoo, or the movies! If you're doing something that you do a lot try putting a twist on it! Maybe if you go to the mall do a scavenger hunt! Or if you go to the movies dress up in your favorite characters! Anything will be fun with all 6 friends! Have a blast! xoxo

Carly S.

by Shadow.Fall691 on 8/22/2012 9:57:07 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I'm a tall girl with wide shoulders and long legs. I've been reading some of your responses to people about losing 2-3 pounds a week, so I tried it, but for girls like me, 2 pounds is outcome a glass of water. My friends always tell me how tall I am, and I act like it's a compliment, but it makes me feel different. I'm at least 3 inches than all of my closest friends, I tower over boys, and My legs give out at ramdom times cause they're so long. I'm going into freshman year and I'm the tallest girl there. That isn't something I'm proud of. I used to feel good about it but now it's a constant reminder that I'm not normal. I've been told getting into shape helps, but so far, it makes me feel worse. What should I do?

Hey girl! What you need is to feel more confident in yourself! Did you ever think some people could be jealous of your height? I've always been one of the shortest of my friends and I wished I was taller for years! I would constantly be complimenting my super tall friends by saying wow you're so tall, but I never meant it in a bad way; I was jealous of their height! Since then I've learned to be more comfortable with my height, but right now it doesn't seem like you're at that point. Maybe you should talk to some of your friends, confide in them and say hey I don't love being tall, and it kind of hurts  my feelings when you say that. Talking to your friends, a parent or another adult you feel close to always helps! If you're still feeling down try other ways to gain confidence! Check out this article! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/08/17/i-want-more-confidence.aspx I think it should help! xoxo

Carly S.

by kk25225 on 8/22/2012 9:47:09 AM

Starting tomorrow, i haveing tryouts for my highschool soccer team. Im a freshmen so this is my first year and im really nervous. We have 3 days of tryouts and for the first 2, there are going to be one in the morning and one in the late afternoon. I know im not in the worst shape of all thr girls, but im definately not the best either. What are some things i can do (either the day before aka today, or the day of) that will help me have enough energy to do good at our tryouts? Or foods that will give me plenty of energy?

Hey girly! I would say for the day before, try not to be too active and tire yourself out, but maybe go on a shorter run or do a little bit of cardio. Try to get a good nights sleep the night before! Then of course eat lots of proteins both days and some carbs! I'm sure you'll do great! Sounds like you have a fun season ahead of you! xoxo

Carly S.

by LilyLookALike on 8/22/2012 8:53:52 AM

Modmodmod
I really want to start wearing makeup to school this year. I only want to wear mascara but I'm not sure how to ask my mom. I know that sounds weird but I'm really bad at speaking up on stuff like that. Thanks!

Hey sweets! How about you ask your mom if she has a little while to talk and then talk to her about makeup and tell her how you're growing up! I doubt she'll have a problem with it as long as you sit down and have a conversation with her. Talking to your mom about things like this and building a stronger and more open relationship with her at your age will make it easier in the future to comfortably talk to her about things! Don't be afraid to  speak up I'm sure your mom would love to talk to you about wearing makeup and anything else you'd want to talk to her about! Good luck! xoxo

Carly S.

by Myipodrox16 on 8/22/2012 2:05:40 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Hey so I am a dancer, and that means tank tops and leotards all the way. I do not have a lot of hair at all on my armpits and it is blonde, but I need to look but I THINK I might want to shave there soon because even tho there isnt a lot...

Hey gal pal,

I totes know how you feel. If you feel like you would be more comfortable shaving then knock your socks off! It doesn't sound really necessary right now but do you what's in your gut!

Jordan S.