AN HOUR AGO RT @kelliberglund: So this insane basket of candy from @girlslifemag will be the death of me 🍭🍉 is this a good or bad thing..? http://t.cpic.twitter.com/JZOK8EZ3IB/…

AN HOUR AGO @kelliberglund @kelliberglund Hope you enjoy! Nom it up, girl😋🍫

2 HOURS AGO So you have an online crush—now what? http://t.co/eBmMKqi04G

COMMENTS

Wanna go for gold this school year? Here's how

It’s a new school year, and you’ve got some serious goals that are gonna make it the best one yet. The only problem is that motivation isn’t...

i just found out i got a d in literacy and i promised my mom i would get straight a and b's how can i tell before she gets my report card

Hey jadarocks2401, you just gotta sit down and break it to her. Tell her you will try to bring that D up next semester. And look on the bright side that's your only bad grade. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by jadarocks2401 on 11/12/2012 12:51:31 AM

Mod!
Thnx lots for your help! I can also count on you! And I will try!

by Imdoodlebug on 9/8/2012 11:58:43 PM

Mod!
I do get enough sleep and and I talked to them and they didn't help And our iPads are always being stupid!

Hey girl,

The good news is that you can still learn without an iPad -- they're great resources, but you might actually learn more from taking notes by hand! And talking to your teachers and explaining your feelings of being overwhelmed and wanting to keep up will really help, I promise! You can also talk to a family member or guidance counselor about scheduling your time so that you are on top of your assignments and less stressed. Don't forget to have fun and relax once in a while too Smile

Meghan D.

by Imdoodlebug on 9/8/2012 11:43:39 PM

Mod!
I'm in 8th grade and they are packing us done on homework and it is just half a month into the school year and we are having probs with our iPads and stressing me out! I have already used a 150 page notebook up! Have any tips? Would luv to hear from you and thnx lots!

Hey girl,

Try talking to your teachers about your stress and progress in the class. If you go to them for help now, you'll show initiative and impress them that you care about your grade! They can share study tips and time management ideas with you and help you get a better idea about how to handle your homework effectively. Try not to stress too much, and always get enough sleep!

Meghan D.

by Imdoodlebug on 9/8/2012 11:20:12 PM

By celebrate hard work, I think they mean celebrating your impossible success on that book report, and by impossible, I mean impossible for me. English isn't my best subject

by peppercyndaquil13 on 9/1/2012 10:01:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay so this year I'm going to 7th grade and me and one of my BFFs were shuffled into a new class. There's a group of girls in this class who we've known for a really long time and are good friends with. The problem is, every time we hang out with these girls my friend becomes a completely different person. She ignores me and acts mean to me. I have loads of other friends and I am pretty close with many other people, but I can't stand for her to be ignore me every single day! What can I do?

Hey girly, why don't you try talking to your friend one-on-one and calmly telling her how you feel. Tell her that you feel like she ignores you when you hang out with those other girls and how it upsets you. Once your friend is aware of what she's doing and how it makes you feel, she should try to change the habit pronto. If she doesn't make more of an effort to consider your feelings, then she prob isn't a very good friend to have.

lauren I.

by RockMusicFanatic on 8/31/2012 4:57:35 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok my first day of school is tomorrow and i don't know why but i'm totally nervous.i'm going into the sixth grade wich means i'm still in the same school.i don't know if it is because my old friend hannah or people saying something mean about me or what!seroiusly why do u think i'm nervous and is there any way i can calm myself down by tomorrow? thanks!

Hey girlie! It's normal to be nervous before your first day (I'm nervous, and I've had a lot of first days!).  Before tomorrow, focus on one thing you're really excited about.  IS there a sports practice you'll get back into or a book you really want to read in English? Focusing on the good parts will help you relax a little and not be so worried about whatever it is you're worried about! xoxo

Kate G.

by cgirl109 on 8/27/2012 4:23:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So yesterday I was suppsosed to help my bff clean out her locker, and i completely spaced on it and walked home. Now she is really really really really mad at me. I have apologised a lot and she hasn't replied to my texts. What can i do to show her that i didnt ditch her on purpose. OH and we only have two classes together.
HELP! THANKS SOO MUCH

Hey chica!  Surprise her with something sweet, like a batch of her fave kind of cookies or a mixed CD with her fave jams.  She probably feels a little ditched, so showing her that you care will no doubt cheer her up.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by favcolorgreen on 8/24/2012 9:11:43 AM

Good tips... My goal is to make friends and get straight As...

by Acutiebookworm on 8/24/2012 1:28:02 AM

I'm really mad this year because my school I moved to last year had 6th grade in elementary and with 5th graders. So 7th grade is my first Middle school year, It will mess up everything! Plus I hate the town I live in since most kids are rich and I live in an apartment complex. I feel like I don't belong and hate my life right now. PLEASE help me! I don't know how this year can be any good!

Hey girlie,

I don't think starting middle school in 7th grade is any different than starting in 6th grade. You're with the rest of your class, so it's not like you're behind at all! It's still a chance to meet new people, branch out, try new things, work hard, learn a lot, and grow up a little. The amount of money you have or the place you live won't affect your middle school experience - it's what you make of it. So commit to making this year amazing. Join a new club or sport, challenge yourself to talk to new people each day, explore new interests or hobbies, etc. If you spend your time doing something fun, you'll have less time to dwell in all the things that are "wrong" with your life. Life, just like middle school, is what you make of it. Be grateful you have a place to call home. Be grateful that you get to go to school. And be grateful that you're in control of your life - make it count!

Lauren C.

by Glitterheart16 on 8/23/2012 11:41:27 PM

@BandGeek134, ask your Civics teacher for extra help by making he/she explain easily, get a study buddy, go ask your parents that you're struggling in civics and you need some tutoring. You can also go ask the people who use to take civics in 7th grade at your school of how they dealt with the same problemo.. All the best man! Well, you're not a man, but you know what I mean..

by Susmita24 on 8/23/2012 10:22:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
A couple weeks ago, I got my ears pierced, as well as a second hole on one ear. Once my friends saw it, they said you were supposed to get second holes on BOTH sides of your ears.
I feel kind of self conscious now about just having one! Should I go back and get another second hole? Or are my friends wrong? Or am I being silly?
Thanks for your opinion!

Hey girlie,

No way! Your friends are wrong, because you aren't "supposed" to get anything - you should go with what feels right and what you like. Personally, I think having the first holes and then one more hole on one side sounds cool. You could dress it up by wearing studs in the first holes, then a long chandelier/chain earring in the second hole. Or you could keep it casual with studs all around. I think it's cool and unique - so if you want to keep it this way, do it! And if you ever want another hole later on, go for it. Do what you love and don't worry about what they think<3

Lauren C.

by spacemadness on 8/23/2012 9:54:41 PM

My goals are to get straight As and to get a lead in the school musical. I plan on reaching them by studying often and giving my all in school, and practicing for my audition every day.

by supersingershannon on 8/23/2012 9:44:05 PM

@bandgeek totally dont worry about 7th grade! im going into 9th grade so i already know how you feel! just work hard, stay cool, and you'll be getting straight A's in no time!

by blueyes909 on 8/23/2012 9:40:25 PM

Modmodmod
So tomorrow for my school is regestration day where we find out
what classes we have and who with. So two of my best friends already
Know who they have and I don't cuz I'm not going to regestration
until tomorrow and I am so nervous!!! Advice please? Thanks

Hey girlie,

Just take a deep breath! It's nothing to be nervous about - it's exciting! You can't change who you get and it won't affect your friendship with your besties (since you'll still talk/hang out outside of school), so look forward to it as a chance to meet new people and experience new things. It's awesome to start a new school year - so many possibilities! Smile

Lauren C.

by sailaway11 on 8/23/2012 9:37:34 PM

Hiya I'm back and also giving great advice if you need it just text me on my profile or join my club Advice Queen!

by Gracie206 on 8/23/2012 6:59:00 PM

OMG Frown This is gonna be a tough year for me... My mom told me that if i bring ONE C home this year shes taking away my phone and laptop for two months! Its nearly impossible! Im in the seventh grade and ill be taking Civics! That stuffs hard!! Frown Goodbye Girlslife for like Months!!! Frown

by BandGeek134 on 8/23/2012 5:50:29 PM

Im gonna get straight A's Smile

by Milkdog64 on 8/23/2012 5:42:54 PM

Hey girls!
I've been an advice queen for a while, and I figured I'd start "advertising" again, since school is starting and whatever. Smile
So post on my profile or one of my advice clubs (Profile will probably be quicker!) if you need some advice!
I do anything from hair to style to boys! Smile
Xoxo
Rosellen

by ziirnn on 8/23/2012 5:27:41 PM

My goal is to get straight A's. I'm a seventh grader taking high school classes, so its really important Smile

by kenzi143 on 8/23/2012 3:59:39 PM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by dance/musicluver316 on 8/23/2012 3:59:27 PM

My friend where my Dad lives keeps asking me and hugging me about shaving my legs. Should I text my mom and say "Hey Mom, my friend keeps asking me when I'm going to start shaving and that's all she talks about! When can I start shaving?"Please help!!

Hey chica! I would definitely have a talk with your mom about it. I'm sure she'll listen to what you have to say if this is something you really want to do. If you don't think your ready or your mom doesn't you can maybe try hair removal lotion! Here are two articles that I think will help you! One is about how to talk to your mom and if she says no to letting you shave and the other is about hair removal lotions. Check them out!

My Mom Won’t Let Me Shave!

How-to: hair removal lotion

xoxo

Carly S.

by jrprodigy12 on 8/23/2012 3:12:59 PM

Hey chicas! Need advice on school, relationships, health related issues, friendships, boys, and other day to day probs? Check out my page, and ask away!
XOXO,
alindgren

by alindgren on 8/23/2012 2:47:59 PM

so i just have 1 question: what exactly is going out for "pizback to za?" (4th paragraph)

by soccerlover99 on 8/23/2012 1:46:05 PM

Join my club if your a loser looking for advice

by field2300 on 8/23/2012 12:50:01 PM

i really want to be more confident and talk to the people i would never talk to and i wanna eat healthier maybe lose some wieght

by kenziebieber7 on 8/23/2012 11:16:44 AM

MODMODMOD
At least once a week my family eats at this sandwich shop. There's this cute guy that works there and I want to get to know him better and flirt, but its awkward with my family right there. Should I just forget about it or what should I do? Thanks so much!!!!

Hey girlie! Don't flirt with your fam right there, but maybe you can offer to order the sandwiches or go to the register and pay the check to strike up a convo.  Lots of little conversations can add up later on! xoxo

Kate G.

by misbubbles on 8/23/2012 11:05:45 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I need help ASAP because I haven't slept well for the past 5 nights. I have been up really late just laying there and with nothing to do. IDK why! I can't stand it espesh with school coming up soon. I don't know what to do!!! please help me because i can not sleep at all. and then i am grumpy for the next day. Frown

Hey chica! Talk to your parents- there are come medicines and supplements you may be able to take to make you sleepy.  If not, try doing something that you do a lot- reading your fave book or watching a movie you see all the time.  That'll help your brain relax a little.  xoxo

Kate G.

by WinnieGirlie on 8/23/2012 11:04:53 AM

hmmm... I wanna be captain of my club soccer team, make the school soccer team, make $100, and make straight A's

by bunnehz on 8/23/2012 10:33:54 AM

ohhh... yay! im first comment!
And great work, GL! awesome advice

by amlove on 8/23/2012 10:20:15 AM

Some of my goals for this school year are getting straight A's and getting in the fall play, and I plan on reaching 'em by reminding myself of these goals all the time.

by otter77 on 8/23/2012 10:18:31 AM