1 HOURS AGO Kick your costume up a notch with 6 Halloween beauty DIYs: http://t.co/1KW6HBlNQb

2 HOURS AGO Put THIS on your pie: http://t.co/7BjsohLMXk

3 HOURS AGO You've never had a crush...should you be worried: http://t.co/HCuRItau98

COMMENTS

What if your school had a boy recession?

Get ready for the new school year with Flynn Meaney’s The Boy Recession. Julius P. Heil High is going through a boy recession. Yep, a boy recession. All...

OMG i would DIE if my school had a boy recession! jk i would not care very much at all

by pointeshoegrl on 8/27/2012 7:47:47 PM

Well there's only like four or five decent guys who aren't hot shots in my school.... So nothing would really change. Just that the boyfriend addicted girls would go crazy. But I think I'd survive. This sounds like a cool book! I love romance~

by Gabriella123 on 8/24/2012 11:39:10 PM

Mod Mod Mod Mod
Please get back to me a.s.a.p
ok so tommorow im supposed to go on vacation with my mom and sister to my grandmas house for a family reunion. Problem is my cousin is going and i don't want to go if shes going. She just gets all the attention and then i would be upstairs alone anyways. Plus i would have to go on a 3 hour car ride with her so really i would just get in a bad mood. Should i even go i don't wanna let my grandma down, but if im not gonna be socializing with the fam why go? Thanks in advance

Hey girlie,

There's no reason to let your cousin ruin your whole trip. You should take advantage of the chance to spend time with your grandma, mom, sister, and any other fam members you haven't seen in a while! Who cares if your cousin tries to get all the attention? Your fam isn't stupid - they can see her trying too hard and they know exactly what she's doing. If she's annoying in the car, listen to your iPod and try to drift off to sleep. If she's annoying at the reunion, take a deep breath and move to another room or outside. But family is precious, so I definitely would not let my cousin keep me away from seeing the people I love. It's not worth skipping the whole trip just to avoid her! And it's not fair to your grandma to let something petty like this keep her from spending time with you <3

Lauren C.

by mtf1998 on 8/23/2012 11:48:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD my mom wants me to start reading books, the thing is, i do, but she doesn't want me to read books about, as she defines it "school drama" no the clique or stuff like that, but i dont want to read ones that seem like school reading list books, what do you suggest?

Hey girlie,

I think it's always about balance. For every one book she wants you to read, try to compromise and read one of yours. Those "school reading list" books are on the "list" for a reason - because they're classics, they make you think, and they're really good. Give them a chance! Reading should be fun, so try to lose yourself in the story and don't hold a grudge based on who recommended the book. <3 It's such a fun thing, to escape life and slip into the life/experiences of someone else!

Lauren C.

by lemonlime123 on 8/23/2012 9:45:44 PM

I would find guys from other schools

by Milkdog64 on 8/23/2012 5:48:10 PM

I don't think this will ever happen at my school! One of my classes has 23 boys and only 10 girls!

by cahbead21 on 8/23/2012 5:11:33 PM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by dance/musicluver316 on 8/23/2012 4:01:18 PM

Ah! All of my best friends gone? Frown I'm a tomboy and ALWAYS been, there would be WAY too much drama in a school with only a few guys and a TON of girls, i would know cause my school is like that (art school) so i usually hang out with most of the guys Smile

by aqua_sunflower23 on 8/23/2012 10:04:17 AM

I would pretty much die if there were no h=guys or cute guys at my school!!!!!

by kenny_peace_panda22 on 8/22/2012 3:45:18 PM

I would not need to deal if my school went through a boy recession; I wouldn't care.

by otter77 on 8/22/2012 3:27:58 PM

Oh well i go to an all girl school. Don't matter...

by DramaDudette on 8/22/2012 2:17:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
So I made a bet with my mom that if I could read 10 books during summer she'd get me something. I am debating on an iPod touch and a laptop. Which should I choose? I'm so frustrated! I keep going back and forth! Help!!!

Hey Girl! Sounds like a cool bet you made with your mom!  Both a laptop and an iPod touch are amazing! Which do you need more? If you have another iPod I'd say go for the laptop, but if you don't have an iPod and you think you'd get a lot of use out of it then you should  get that! A laptop would be very useful for school, and entertainment in your free time though!  It's up to you, both are great and that's so nice of your mom. And CONGRATS on reading 10 books this summer!!! xoxo

Carly S.

by jrprodigy12 on 8/22/2012 1:56:24 AM

they should have a sequel called the girl recession, ha! That's how my elementary school was. there were WAY more boys.

by Glitterheart16 on 8/21/2012 11:41:22 PM

i went to a summer camp where there were twice as many girls as there were guys. it kinda was a boy recession.

by Bluestar479 on 8/21/2012 10:56:49 PM

cool book i might get it!!!!!

by cutiepie14231 on 8/21/2012 8:32:18 PM

I go to an all girls school and I love it so I wouldn't mind much. I go to acting classes and a teen group where I meet plenty of guys. Now if all the guys in my town moved away, I 'd definately freak out!

by Naryu on 8/21/2012 7:45:38 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!
the boy i liked last year is in my class, since we have free sitting in most of them he picks a seat near me, like 2 seats away. Ive also noticed he stare at me- A LOT! in homeroom we sit @ different ends of the table (im in back he sits at the front) and ive felt that feeling that someone is looking at you PLENTY of times in homeroom. Its like he stares every chance he gets! Do you think he likes me? Bc im not interested, ive moved on... please reply asap!

Hey! It's possible, but if he doesn't go out of his way to talk to you or anything, i think you're in the clear.

Helen S.

by YayaYuiki on 8/21/2012 7:24:01 PM

That sounds like an amazing book! So on my list of books to read!

by kelsea davis on 8/21/2012 7:03:54 PM

I would FU-REAK out If they were all going to move away, I would run right up to my crush, last second, then kiss him and yell, "I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED YOU!!!" The run away with my arms up in the air leaving an, "what just happened?!??!"
expression on their face.

by Rainbow♥123 on 8/21/2012 5:30:53 PM

Sounds pretty good! I wanna try it!

by fallsb-ball on 8/21/2012 5:22:43 PM

AAAAAH!!! Boys are like a necessity! cAN'T THE SCHOOL STOP GETTING IN GIRLS! Most of the staff think that like oh, htey can't get inot that couple stuff. They're too young. Do you know who they are. Old single ladies or just plain old. We girls need to stand up and fight all boy recessions across the nation.

by transform2314 on 8/21/2012 5:16:12 PM

Haha, that happened to me, my 8th grade class had one boy and twelve girls!

by orangeache on 8/21/2012 3:19:53 PM

RAWR

by mintychocolate12 on 8/21/2012 3:01:51 PM

Yesterday, me and my friend went shopping. When we came back, her other friend (they are really close friends) left her a present since she was sick for the whole summer. and so I was there when she opened it. the gift had so much thought into it. she gave her chocolate, a shirt, a drawing, a Gary (from spongebob) headband and they all stood for something. and I just felt so bad because I knew she has a better friend than me because I never gave her something with so much thought. so now I just feel like a blob because I think my friend likes her other friend more. and school starts on Thursday and I don't want to feel so bad when I head back.
thanks. ~Gabbyw123

Hey chica! Different friends are good at different things- you might not be great at giving gifts, but you might be a better listener or funnier than the other friend.  Make an effort to let this girl know you care about her in a way that you do well- it shows you care about HER and not about how much she likes you.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Gabbyw123 on 8/21/2012 1:28:34 PM

Do you guys love fashion? Do you like Taylor Swift? I just solved BOTH of your problems.
I have a Club called Fashion Advice 101. We talk fashion and I do my best to give daily fashion tips. Vice President is open. Let me know if you would like to be it. If you would want to be it please let me know on my profile not the club page.
I also have another club, True Swifties. If you LOVE Taylor Swift from her music to her style this is a PERFECT club for you too! Positions are also open. Just go onto my profile and tell me which position on which club. I hope you join both! XOXO ~Fashion designer

by Fashion designer on 8/21/2012 1:04:13 PM

This book doesn't look that bad! I might want to try it...

by pretty123 on 8/21/2012 12:38:14 PM

MOD MODD MODDD?
So basically a boy recession is when they take out all the jocks, sporty boys, etc right?? And keep the nerds, the quiet ones, the okay ones?? Right??? But where does the jocks, sporty boys, etc go??? A special school??

Hey girl! The review says they moved away (maybe they all switched schools?), but you'll have to read the book to find out what happened to them! xoxo

Kate G.

by Susmita24 on 8/21/2012 12:36:08 PM

Seems sort of like the book Flipped, with the story changing from POV's.

by snowver11 on 8/21/2012 12:33:21 PM

Can't wait to read it!!

by mangochick12 on 8/21/2012 12:01:25 PM

My school has been having a boy recession. It stinks! but the nerds at my school are the cutest

by radiogirl on 8/21/2012 11:21:47 AM