Bridget M.

is modding

14 MINUTES AGO That one guy who ruins your shot with all the other guys🙅:http://t.co/46y1GfIeZ77

4 HOURS AGO You won't believe what @CodySimpson has planned for you in the new year: http://t.co/DJW7Q9hpP9

5 HOURS AGO How Santa Claus made this deaf girl's dream come true: http://t.co/UxzfjK8mLX

COMMENTS

Balance boys and besties like a pro

So you’re dyin’ to spend every second of every day with your honey, but then ya wouldn’t have many friends. And your girlies did know ya...

mod mod mod!!! help!!! i moved away this summer due to famnily problems. vut me and all of my old friends have facebook accounts. just last week they were including me in everything and were confiding in me. but now this week they seem to have gone very secretive and wont tell me anything and sometimes seem annoyed whenever i msg them in a group or individual conversations. plz help, i dont know if im doing something wrong or what!!!

Hey Girl. Maybe there's something going on you don't know about. Are those friend's fighting? Or they could just be really busy with school. You never know. Relax a little bit, and if they are still being really quiet, call them up and ask whats wrong.

Hannah H.

Hannah h.

by lili-ana on 12/4/2012 1:29:10 AM

So many long comments, dis will be sweet and short to the point. PLZ JOIN MY CLUB! It's about school, boys, beauty, friends, studying, etc. I promise it will be amazing! Laughing THX! (That was short right?)

by Vevejen on 11/19/2012 2:25:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have a boyfriend, we've kissed once but never get to see eachother. We only see eachother like once on a good day, and thats at school. We want to meet somehwere but my MOM says "not a date". She would let me go somewhere if she was there to make sure nothingbad was happening. I love him. We have been together since August. Any Ideas on places romantic and fun, that my mom cant spoil?

Hey Girl! Try ice skating or rollerblading! Your mom can sit on the sidelines and watch and it will be like shes not even there! And you can get some alone time with your cutie.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Starrgirl1 on 11/15/2012 1:27:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
So I've liked this guy Josh for a little over a year now, kinda of off/on, but for the most part, I've liked him a lot. One of my best friends used to like him too about 2 years ago, but when I started liking him she was completely over him. Now we're in 8th grade and I still like him and recently she told me she does too! When she told me, I wasn't mad at all but now that it's been a few weeks, it's getting on my nerves. We always talk about him and because they share a lot of classes (and me and him share none), she obviously has better stories of him and it makes me feel like it's a competition! I'm not sure what to do. Telling her to back off is a little mean, because technically she did like him before me, but I also don't want to deal with us "competing" over a guy! I really REALLY like him though and I know she does too, so I'm not sure if both of us backing off completely will resolve much. Help?

Hey girl! that's tough, and I get what you're going through. My best friend and I have had our fair share of shared crushes! Just try and keep it as a bonding experience. I know that sounds strange, but its waaaay better than a competition! Also, be upfront about your feelings. She probably has no idea you feel the way you do, so let her know that it makes you feel pretty rotten when she shares all her stories. Friendships should outlast crushes, so try and keep things in perspective. Hope this helps!

xoxoxo

Katie L.

by Kattrox421 on 10/3/2012 4:53:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hi Mods! I have an urgent situation =( I have a long distance friendship with my best friend. She moved away to a big city recently. Her 'rents are old-fashioned,so she doesn't have a Facebook account or e-mail. I even sent her a letter. We do text, however. My problem is that she's not replying to my texts anymore.
2 weeks ago I texted her: "Hey, are you there? Why aren't you replying to me? BTW, you gotten my letter yet? I can understand if you're busy." She texted me: "oh, i'm sorry! I'm really busy. My new school has a lot of activities this week. Sorry!" Now she's not replying at all. I sent her two texts this week. I'm scared of annoying her or something. Do you think she is ignoring me and making new friends? :O
THANKS MODS!

Hey girly, it's hard to maintain any kind of relationship when it's long distance. And moving, unpacking, new school, activities and friends will keep a girl super busy. And while she's getting involved in new things, you two might just drift apart. But that's okay. Get busy with your own activities and friends and try to get connected with some new girls or BGFs. Be patient and give your friend some space. Text her again next week and see what happens.  In the meantime, have your own fun.

Lauren I.

by LizHeartsLondon on 10/3/2012 6:34:45 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
My bestfriend and I have the best times together but i think shes been stealing from me. . . In 4th grade my favorite DS game went missing after she came over and she happen to "find" hers right after mine went missing (we had the same DS game but she lose her before mine was gone.) A mouth ago, after we went to the mall and she slept over half my live savings went missing. I ask her if she took it and she denies it but idk if she was lying. Now my whole wallet is gone. Which had a lot in it. I'm pretty sure she took it. But i'm so depressed that she would do that to me but i'm not completely sure she did it. How do i comfort her???? And get my earnings back???

Hey sheershine101, if you've really looked all over for it and still haven't found it then it is really possible she took it. When asking her about this you want to approach her the right way so she won't get angry. Bring up to her how she's taken your stuff before, and explain that she never has to do that because as your bestie you would give her anything. I think as long as you are calm and nice when talking to her she will understand and hopefully give your wallet back. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by sheershine101 on 9/30/2012 12:07:18 PM

Well I like a guy in my class and a friend found out that he likes me too! But the problem is that two of my friends also like him. I was talking to my friend about it and she said "well just remember that they like him too. Think about them before you do something that you might regret" or something like that. Not like a threat, just like she doesn't want me to hurt their feelings. I don't want to either but it's not my fault that I like him! It just seems like my friends never support me when I like a guy. They get mad at me for it or if a guy likes me back and idk why. What's going on? What should I do?

Hey girl,

Even if your friends like him, they are your friends and still want you to be happy! Talk to them about it and tell them how much you value your friendship--once you talk about it and they see how much you two like each other, they will want you to be happy. It will be a lot better if you talk to them first than if you go behind their backs, so just explain the situation and they'll understand!

Meghan D.

by Sunny79 on 9/28/2012 10:10:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay I need crush help.There's this boy who I like.We were both in the same class in fifth grade last year.I had to sit next to him at lunch every day.He was really athletic, l,funny,loud.He always teased me and made jokes about me but not in a mean way.

Hey girl,

If you're already friends from last year, that's a good thing! If you're not sure if he likes you, there's no rush to do anything, so keep talking to him as friends and see how he acts so that you can tell if he likes you or not. If he does, you can talk about it when you are both ready!

Meghan D.

by katniss50309 on 9/28/2012 10:10:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I need crush help.Okay there's this boy who I like.We were both in the same class in fifth grade last year.I had to sit next to him at lunch every day.He wis really funny, loud, athletic, and popular.He always teased me and made jokes about me but not in a mean way.We're both african american but I have glasses.Anyway now we're in sixth grade and I have extracurriculars and gym/choir with him.He still teases me a bit but not as much as he used too and to other girls too.This girl asked him out and I asked him if he said yes and when he said he said no. To her he stared at me and smiled.And sometimes I can see him staring at me during choir.The thing is I don't look really good in my glasses and I honestly don't see how he could like me.I mean I guess I'm funny and loud and smart and have a good personality but.....So do you think he likes me?the thing is I'm not allowed to date but just knowing he liked me would be enough.

Hannah H.

by katniss50309 on 9/20/2012 4:09:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay so my best friend (M) just got a new boyfriend (D)... So it was all good at first, but he would always text me, even if he wasnt texting her... She freaked out the one time because he hadn't texted her in 4 hours and the whole time he was texting me. (I didn't know he wasn't texting her.) And now "D" keeps calling me a loser, but says he's joking... The only problem is that he is now calling "M" a loser too. I told her that he shouldn't call her a loser but all she says is "well he says he's joking so I believe him." another issue is that he constantly texts me!! If I don't respond he keeps texting me until I do. I told her that he annoys me and all she said was "don't talk to him then." and I told her about his constant texting. What should I do? I feel like she's ignoring me on this.

Hey girl! Sounds to me like your best friend may be a bit jealous that you get a lot of attention from her bf. "D" doesn't sound like the greatest guy, but "M" may not want to admit that because she's happy to have a bf. It sounds like you already voiced your opinion to M, and that's about all you can do. Hopefully she'll realize he isn't the best guy for her and move on. Until then just try your best to be a supportive friend. I would ask him point-blank to stop texting you. If he doesn't stop harassing you with texts and by calling you a loser, you should go to a school counselor or administrator. But before you can call it harassment, you have to ask him to stop several times. So give that a go first. Hope this helps!

xoxoxo

Katie L.

by topaz16 on 9/19/2012 3:36:22 PM

Mod mod mod
Help, my besties are drama queens over a boy. I will call the boy A, my best friend B and my other friend C. B and C have both confessed to liking A. B and A seem to hang out like best buds, but C cant stand it. C gossips about B to her besties, and Since I also confessed to liking A as a friend, I think C is gossiping about me too. Plus, C posts stuff in facebook. groups where A is in, saying, "I Won't give up... you're still mine. And It's true, love is like a sauce, a lot of people want to dip in," obviously reffering to B. It's not even related to our group! and secretly, if I were to choose, I prefer b and a together, cause b doesnt talk about him every minute. How can I tell her (C) to lay low on the drama? she might think im jealous..

Hey lizheartslondon, you might not be able to tell her. Right now it sounds like she's really angry and super jealous. Give her some time to cool off before you approach her about the situation. Hopefully she'll find another guy to set her sights on. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by lizheartslondon on 9/9/2012 4:50:34 AM

Mod!!
My friend, who I've kown since I was like 3... is in high school and I'm not, I'm still homeschooling. How can I ask her if she still likes me or still wants to be friends, without sounding all clingy/creepy-freak like? It's really hard to find time to hang out because she's so busy with new activities.
thanks : )

Hey! Your friend may be busy, but that's not an indication that she's slipping away. As long as you make a consistent effort to hang out with each other, and you accept thefact that she won't always be available, I don't know that you need to have this talk at all.

Helen S.

by regina17 on 9/8/2012 1:42:21 PM

Mod!
The guy I like and I are both kind of shakespeare geeks, but he's friends with some of the annoying athletic guys, who he always sits with at lunch, and I always get nervous to talk to him around them, so i always act like an idiot when he's with them, but he's really nice and my friend says he probably won't notice because of that, but he and i aren't that close fiends so he isn't ever really the really nice person my other friends know around me. What should I do and how can I be better friends with him?

hey! just say hi to him more and see if you can strike up more conversations. That's how you get to know someone, earn their trust, and become good friends Smile

Helen S.

by JBgal33♥ on 9/1/2012 12:25:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
If you become an advice queen do you answer these questions in the comments?

hey! no, I think you'll have your own page where girls ask you questions Smile

Helen S.

by Taylor243 on 8/27/2012 8:39:37 PM

okay thank you Smile

by Bootsie753 on 8/27/2012 4:47:40 PM

MOD MOD
Ive tried that before and it wont let me change my name to anyone elses in the president box

Hmm, hang tight, girlie! I'm not sure how to fix your problem, but I will let you know when I find out! Ask again in a day or so and I'll try to have your answer then! xoxo

Kate G.

by Bootsie753 on 8/27/2012 4:40:04 PM

MOD MOD
hey how do you transfer club ownerships? i have a few clubs that i am prez of, but no longer want to be part of..and also there is another club where somehow i became president and also another officer and it wont let me transfer the club to someone else or edit anything. how do i fix that??? thanks Smile

Hey chica! I'm not entirely sure, bit I think you should be able to change Presidents the same way you change other positions! xoxo

Kate G.

by Bootsie753 on 8/27/2012 4:30:58 PM

Hey girls!
R u looking for a club where u can ask any question? Well if u join my club “kathapple17” u can feel free to ask me anything. No worries, there is never a weird question.
JOIN NOW! Smile

by kathapple17 on 8/27/2012 1:33:43 PM

MOD!!!! Smile
Hi sorry i already asked this question, but i still dont know how to ask a question for the advice /dear carol page. Please help?

Hey girl,

To ask a question of Dear Carol, submit your question by mail to Carol Weston at our GL offices, 4529 Harford Rd, Baltimore, MD 21214 with a self-addressed and stamped return envelope inside. The complete info is on our website here! http://www.girlslife.com/page/Get-Advice.aspx

Meghan D.

by Sunny4132 on 8/24/2012 11:14:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
My mom is SUPER strict. She's from Trinidad so she isn't costumed to how things work in the US. I'm 14 and me and this boy (that's just turned 15) really like each other. He wants to tell his mom about me but I won't let him because my mom isn't okay with dating or anything like that. I want to tell her about him so bad but I'm petrified of what she'll say. He's amazingly sweet and I just want to be able to hang out with him with going behind her back. Thanks, REPLY SOON!

Hey girly! You should talk to your mom and let her know how you feel! Let her know that you were afraid to tell her because you were scared of her reaction. Then tell her what a nice boy he is and ask if you can date. If she says no let her know that you understand her decision and then ask if its okay  if you guys hang out just as friends! Hopefully she'll be okay with that at least and it'll give you the opportunity to talk to her again in the future about this! Making sure you and your mom can have open conversation now will set you up for the future! Good luck! xoxo

Carly S.

by aintsheacutie on 8/24/2012 1:26:30 PM

Mod mod mod
My best friend is English, and she moved back to England a few days ago. I really miss her. She was like a sister to me. We used to hang out a lot, so everything is different without her. For some reason all of the emails I send to her don't get to her, and I not allowed to have facebook until next year, and I can't call her because I don't know her number. How can I get back in contact with her because I really miss her Frown

Hey chica! Try waiting a few days and see if she emails you- maybe her email changed or her box is full.  Do you have an address in England you can send a letter to?  If she knows your email, I'm sure she'll get in touch.  xoxo

Kate G.

by hermionegirl12 on 8/24/2012 7:51:39 AM

Its so hard to balance friends and boyfriends. And its never easy because someone always thinks your not giving them enough attention.

by fashionqn on 8/23/2012 2:06:06 PM

I have two best friends, one that I've been friends with for a long time. The two of us never fight and can always cheer each other up. Our other BFF we have only known for two years. Lately she has been acting mean to me and making it clear that she likes our other BFF better than me. When she got picked for something at school that I didn't, I didn't mind. I was walking up the stairs behind her when she was telling someone about the thing she got picked for and she elbowed me in the face. When I said,"OW! You elbowed me in the face!" She just laughed and told the person next to her, "She's just jealous of me." The friend that I've known for a long time has noticed her acting like this to me too, and is just as bothered by it as I am. My nice BFF and I want to know, should we just put up with it or stop being friends with her? Thanks so much, reply soon!

Hey chica! Sounds like this girl is bullying you a little bit, so it might be time to distance yourself from her.  Instead of dropping her altogether, spend less time with her and more time just the two of you.  I'm glad you have a BFF like the one who sticks by you, every girl deserves on of those! xoxo

Kate G.

by mrsboobeartomlinson on 8/23/2012 11:22:17 AM

Please join my club Love Life and One Direction!

by gleerules101 on 8/22/2012 8:44:40 PM

JOIN JUST THE GIRLS NOW!!! We will talk anything girl related; fashion, make up, guys, school, friends, celebs, hair, beauty, working out... ANYTHING! You can ask questions and we will be more than happy to answer them. And if you see that another girl has a question, go ahead and answer it. Officer positions like VP and Treasurer are open. And we are always updated! Don’t be afraid to be the first to join!
~purplepants99;)
Join JUST THE GIRLS!

by purplepants99 on 8/22/2012 8:19:15 PM

all of my boyfriends always have the same friends so it's never been a big deal. also if a lot of use had boyfriends i would have a couples movie night and stuff like that. also if you have been hanging with your BF a lot plan a all girls night and don't text your boyfriend..tell him before your having a girls night so he doesn't get upset or anything but definitely focus on your girls night Laughing

by luve2cheer on 8/22/2012 6:47:12 PM