Week of Great Hair: Weighty Wednesday!

Samy Fat Hair “O” Calories Thickening Shampoo, $7, Perf for girls with... Fine, limp hair Product promises... The flat-on-top-of-your-head hair is a difficult style...

So I have REALLY poofy hair, and none of the anti-frizz products work on my hair. I know for a fact that a flat iron works to get my hair to actually lie flat, but my mom always tells me that I should be proud of my curly hair, and then gets all mad at me whenever I even blow dry my hair straight. I have no idea how to ask my mom for a flat iron, and I really want one before I go back to school, so how should I ask?

Hey girlie!

Just sit down with your mom and calmly explain why you want the flat iron. Be mature and let her know that this is something you really want. You don't always have to flat iron your hair, plus that'll cause damage anyway. So make sure you tell her that the straight hair isn't going to be an everyday thing but just a way to make your hair manageable for you. She is right, you should be proud of your curly hair, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to wear it straight every now and again either!

Alexis G. Alexis G.

by arcusashue on 8/30/2012 9:43:39 AM

Mod Mod MOd
My hair is thinning out. I'm getting bald spots in my hair. And my hair seems to fall out really easily, for example if I just brush my hands through my hair. What can I do to stop the hair fall.

Hey girl! Go to the doctor as soon as you can.  Hair falling out isn't normal, and it's def something you need to talk to a professional about. xoxo

Kate G.

by iheartglee on 8/29/2012 10:59:41 AM

hey guys can you put a new quiz on the site on which mindless behavior member should you be crushin on. I would appreciate you taking my idea under consideration.Smile

Hey girlie! I'll suggest it to our editors! xoxo

Kate G.

by kamkam12 on 8/29/2012 10:57:02 AM

@Fashionista9400: Same here! My hair can be pretty thick sometimes. I try to reduce its "hugeness" by getting layers in my hair and straigtening it. It works!

by HappyFeet16 on 8/29/2012 10:51:46 AM

OMG that's awesome that it's sulfate free!!! If only it was paraben free......

by HappyFeet16 on 8/29/2012 10:50:33 AM

MOD! Okay, so I'm going to a formal social gathering next week. It's going to have teenager and their parents. I'm going to be wearing a tan lace dress and tan heels. How should I do my makeup and hair?? Thanks!!! P.S. MY mom only let's me wear natural colors so nothing dramatic Smile

Hey chica! Stick to neutral, but dusty shades.  Pink lids and a really shiny lip will look awesome! Also, try hair half up half down and curly if you can! xoxo

Kate G.

by HappyFeet16 on 8/29/2012 10:49:37 AM

I have thick hair. Now I need thin! How do I do that?

by Fashionista9400 on 8/29/2012 8:29:00 AM

Instead of a headband, roll up a bright bandana and tie it around your head. Retro-cute!

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?