AN HOUR AGO 5 book babes who had #awesomesauce summer jobs: http://t.co/fbg3ePO9v9

2 HOURS AGO @thegivermovie-inspired nail polish? Uhhh, yes please: http://t.co/uJ8yvZixZz

2 HOURS AGO We wanna know how you feel about smoking! Take the survey here: http://t.co/Yzh3fCJSPk

COMMENTS

6 secrets to eating right from a pro in the know

Psst! Kathie Dolgin, founder of EnergyUp!, wants to let you in on a little secret: What you eat has far more to do with how your...

This might sound weird, but whenever I order a salad, I only eat the lettuce. I hate dressing, cheese, crutouns, ect. Everybody is like ''You're crazy!"

by Sarah510 on 1/21/2013 11:17:38 AM

There is never veggies just laying around the house so how exactly im i going to eat more fruits and veggies

Hey cutieangel606, get your parents to buy some. Let them know you want to eat more healthy, you might inspire them. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by cutieangel606 on 10/18/2012 10:07:32 PM

Actually, the amount of water you need to costume very day is half of your body weight but in ounces. My dad taught me this and he has a pro. Trainer/ dietician, so trust me

by louisianadiva4435 on 10/17/2012 10:23:55 PM

mod mod mod mod mod
I need a healthy and cheap alternative for snacks and meals i don't get allowance. I'm overweight for my age and tend to get really tired while working out.

Hey girl,

Our health section has tons of great recipes and food ideas, but if you want to change your eating habits I would talk to your parents about ways to get healthier! Offer to go grocery shopping with them or help out with dinner so that you can make your meals healthier Smile They will probably be really proud of you for taking that initiative! http://www.girlslife.com/category/healthy-recipes.aspx

Meghan D.

by fashion4ever:) on 9/21/2012 8:31:23 PM

Mod mod mod I really need healthy lunch ideas. Every day last year I packed pasta or got pizza from the cafeteria. Any ideas?

Hey MusicIsLove, oh yes girl you can get really creative with healthy foods. You can always mix a fruit or veggie with a dip. I like apples and caramel, but you can also try yogurt. Celery, broccoli and carrots go great with salad dressing (my fave is blue cheese). Lots of people also like celery with peanut butter, so check that out too. Try packing smoothies as a drink too. Mix and match your fave fruits, then add some ice and blend it all together.  Sandwiches on wheat bread are really tasty. Then there are things like trail mix, granola bars, string cheese, nuts, apple chips and baked chips you can munch on. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by MusicIsLove123 on 9/2/2012 10:00:43 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I want to be healthier but my family dousnt buy health food. They don't listen when I tell to buy something healthy. My family is always eating chips, cookies, & frozen food. I try to eat salads when they get frozen stuff but I can't do that all the time. Are there any cheap but healthy allternatives that are easy to make??? Please help!

Hey girlie,

I think the best thing would be self-control in these "family snack" situations. Just because they're having chips or cookies doesn't mean you need to have them too! If you get an allowance, put it towards fruits and veggies. Frozen foods aren't bad, but make sure you're also eating fresh stuff whenever you can. Control your portions so you aren't shoving food down when you aren't hungry. And try to pull a parent aside so you can really express how you're feeling - it's not about losing weight or looking a certain way, it's about getting healthy, feeling better, and living longer. Ask them if they're on board and if they could help you a little. This could be adding salads and fish to your family's dinner rotation, buying less "bad" snacks, or balancing it with some healthy options. Be honest and straight with them - that this isn't a fad or a hobby, it's your life <3

Lauren C.

by hlynn1019 on 8/30/2012 11:23:36 PM

MOD!
Im 16 years old, 5'2'' and 94 pounds. My mom keeps telling me Im anorexic, and that I need to gain more weight. Im not anorexic, but I definitely obsess over how much I eat and wish I looked skinnier...I stopped having my period too and my mom says Im gonna be sterile haha...I know I should probly try to gain weight but I think I look fat enough already and dont think I can make myself eat more. Lately Ive been super obsessed about food/eating and my mom telling me this just makes it worse Frown what should I do??

Hey girlie,

Obsessing over what you eat and wishing you looked skinnier - and doing something about it, like eating less - IS a form of eating disorder. You might not think you have anorexia because you feel in control, but the truth is you're seeing your body in an unhealthy way and you aren't making healthy choices about it. Since you're asking what you should do, you know that feeling this way isn't your "normal" - you know you can overcome it and develop a healthy relationship with weight/food. Talk to your mom and tell her you might not have anorexia, but you would love to talk to someone about how you're feeling about your bod. Don't be afraid of this - I know there's a weird "feeling" about talking to a counselor/therapist, but they've been through so much and they're professionals. They can REALLY help you sort through your emotions and work with you to look at your bod in a healthy, happy, accepting, loving way. You deserve to feel this way - you're beautiful! <3 Please please open up and talk about it. I think it will really help!

Lauren C.

by bubbles344 on 8/30/2012 10:46:23 PM

When you're hungry, eat a bunch of carrot sticks. they're more than 80 percent water, and will tide you over. Plus they have a bunch of nutritional benefits!

by jessm4ever on 8/30/2012 8:37:15 PM

Junk food is tough to resist but try as hard as you can because eating healthy is the way to go.

by fashionqn on 8/30/2012 2:19:41 PM

So I'm almost 15 going into my freshman year and I just feel...well.. fat. Frown I used to be a competitive gymnast but when I quit I gained a lot of weight and grew a lot. Now I weigh pounds and I'm about 5'6. I feel really uncomfortable about my weight and I feel I really weigh TOO MUCH. Help?

Hey girlie! You are not fat, you are actually right in the middle of the healthy weight spectrum for your height! You might feel bigger because you used to be so active, so just remember that now that you're doing less, you don't have to eat quite as much to fuel your body.  Try making a point to exercise a few times a week.  Soon, even if you don't lose weight (since you don't have to), you'll feel more healthy, and you'll feel more comfortable! xoxo

Kate G.