2 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

6 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

7 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

He said, she said: Did he cheat or did she make it up?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year. Last September he went camping and one of his childhood friends who happened to be a girl...

MOD MOD MOD!
I do homeschool and all my friends just started 6th grade at the middle school. They don't answer my calls or texts and one of them said that some of them are spreading rumors about me. I feel left out of the loop. I found out my best friend replaced me last week. There aren't a lot of kids my age in my neighborhood that I could try to be friends with either. I go to youth group at the church but nobody talks to me. I would invite friends to come over, but my parents aren't onboard with that because I have younger siblings. I feel forgotten. Any advice?

Hey girl,

Try talking to your friends at school and invite them to do stuff, even if it's not at your house -- maybe you could meet for dinner or at the mall. You can ask them directly (but not confrontationally) about the rumors, but if they say they didn't do it, give them the benefit of the doubt and believe them since they are your friends! Invite yourself to do stuff with them instead of waiting for them to ask you, and try introducing yourself to people at your youth group so that you can make new friends, too.

Meghan D.

by Baileymoose on 9/15/2012 11:21:16 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD!! So one of my closest guy friends is a year behind me but everyone is getting asked to homecoming (Im in highschool hes not) i was going to ask him if he wanted to be my backup homecoming date because i would just want to go as friends but i would want a date. is that mean? one of my friends who is also friends with him said he probably just say sure but im not sure if thats mean or not?

Hey girl, yeah, back-up date is a little harsh (at least that phrasing). Just ask him to go with you as a friend instead. He'll get the message it's not romantic but you won't have to make him feel like he's second choice (even if he is).

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Taffy18 on 9/3/2012 5:39:41 PM

MOD MOD
Ok so you all know that school is coming I start the 4th its COMING!! Anyways I have hairy black arms! I am really embarrassed and everyone says don't worry but I am!!! I know a lot of girls have it but Im still embarrassed last year I wore everyday long sleeved anything that covers my arms! I am going to 5th grade so I wanna not be embarrassed in my own skin what should I do?

Helen S.

by misstomboy1 on 9/1/2012 1:32:48 PM

Ok so i had a boyfriend and my friend told him i was weird ,and i liked him so much i really did act weird around him, but i thought he really liked me because when my best guy friend hinted that he wanred to go to the dance he got really jealous. But i ended up not going to the dance cuz i went to my cousins house in la. But i dont know if he broke up with me cuz im weird or cuz i didnt go to the dance... and its been 6 months and i cant get over him even though he is kinda rude. what should i do to get over him and why do you think he broke up with me???? Thanks!!!!!

Meghan D.

by avaflava11 on 8/31/2012 2:36:35 PM

*Mod*
I really dont know why, but no guys have any liked me or asked me out. I really dont see why.. I consider myself pretty, I'm sweet, funny, and I try to be as as nice to people as I can. I feel really awkward when my friends talk about their boyfriends or guys who like them, cause none of that stuff has ever happened to me! I've liked guys who I thought liked me back, but they never told me or anyone else. Do you think something is wrong with me?

Hey girlie,

There's nothing wrong with you! It's all about timing. Think about it - two people have to come together, be attracted to each other, like each other, be around each other, have a lot in common, have the chance to talk to each other and grow closer, want a relationship, and then have enough time to develop a relationship. It's not easy! And it's super rare for the timing to work out. There's nothing wrong with you - just keep being patient and making yourself happy by picking up hobbies, joining clubs and working hard at school/sports. If you're happy on your own and not desperate for a BF, I swear that's when the guys come along. Support your friends, because you would want the same from them. It will happen for you! I know it! <33333

Lauren C.

by 99Jade86 on 8/30/2012 11:34:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD HI I NEED HELP<3
ok so i go to an all girls high school and the guy i used to go to school with that ive liked for a while goes to an all boys up the street and hes coming to my school dance in a couple of weeks which is like halloween-themed. we've been talking the past three days for a couple hours after not talking since last year when we graduated. anyway he started the convo and askedd how i liked school and said he was happy i liked it, and that hopefully he saw me soon which is the most foward hes ever been bc hes not really into like comminicating via fb.also im moving in a couple years and he told me not to go. anyway we used to flirt like 24/7 at school and i think he kind of liked me bc we literally flirted so much! anyway so now that im seeing him soon how can i make an impression? like whats cute that i can wear and also how can i be flirty and like reignite what we had between us? thanks and do you think he might like me idk? xx -marianna

Hey Marianna,

That's awesome that he's been talking to you more recently! Since you've been chatting a lot, it would be totally cool to go up to him at the dance and chat. Ask him what's up, if he's having fun, who he came with, etc. Just be chill about it and go with the flow. Personally, I would even take a deep breath and ask him to dance during a slow song Smile That way, you make a great impression - you're confident, fun, interested in him, but also afterward you'll show him you have your own life (since you'll go back to your friends and have a good time). He sounds like he's interested, so use that to give you confidence! As for what to wear, go with what makes you feel comfy - skinny jeans and a sequined tank, a mini skirt and button down blouse, maxi dress. Whatever you like! Smile

Lauren C.

by tomdaleyislife on 8/30/2012 9:30:02 PM

The other day me and my boyfriend were hanging out and he asked me what girls want in a guy, so i told him someone sweet and romantic and stuff and then i said what do guys want? And he said sweet, cute and popular. Then he also said your not really popular your kinda in the middle. Should I break up with him? I dont really care about being popular. I like to just be me and if people like me great, if they don't i dont care but he said he likes popular girls then said i wasn't popular. Does that mean he doesn't like me?

hey! It just means that he's kind of inconsiderate. I think if you even kind of want to break up with someone you should. with bf's you should be totally sure you want to be with them. At the very least I think he should apologize to you.

Helen S.

by artgirl008 on 8/28/2012 7:37:50 PM

ok, so I am so confused about guys.I always wonder why guys and I become really close and I begin to have a thing for him and it seems like he has a thing for me and I try to hint at the fact we've been really close and talking a lot. Their comment is alwayysss "I'm too busy, but don't worry I want to hangout with you" or "It's not you, my schedule just doesn't match up" We share secrets with each other; like we are so close but I can never get to the next step. I am almost 16 and I have never had a true boyfriend. Just close guy friends. Please give me some advice !

by maniheartsmakeup22 on 8/27/2012 9:01:41 PM

mod mod @kateg do you know of any articles that could help me?

Hey girl! Try this one: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/03/12/first-kiss-help.aspx

Kate G.

by Ljbdaisy on 8/27/2012 12:06:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD Okay, so my boyfriend stopped calling over a month ago. I have no idea why, except that maybe me saying "I miss you" freaked him out (his response was "oh. okay.") But he had told me a ton of times that he would be lonely when I was at camp. He missed my birthday (and he knew the day) so I have no idea whether he considers us broken up or what. I just wish he would call to explain, but I used to be the one that called most of the time, and I don't want to look desperate. I have no idea what happened, and I really miss him. He was really sweet up until the time he didn't call.

Hey girl! Seems weird, so why don't you text him a casual "Hey, can we chat?". If he doesn't respond, there's nothing wrong with calling him to know what's up (I would say don't call him more than once, though, if he doesn't pick up).  If you don't hear from him in a week or two, I'd consider yourself a free girl and move on! xoxo

Kate G.

by romanticbookworm13 on 8/27/2012 12:05:20 PM

Mod mod
I need some tips on kissing. Can you tell me how and when the right time to kiss is? Please? Thanks do much

Hey girl! I can't tell you when the right time to kiss is (it's different for every relationship).  Kissing is pretty natural, so for your first kiss, just softly press your lips to the other person's and then pull back.  Don't get fancy until you're comfortable with a simple kiss. xoxo

Kate G.

by Ljbdaisy on 8/27/2012 11:51:20 AM

If it was me I would break up with him, because if you can't trust someone then you are not comfortable with them. so yeah i would say bye to him.

by j4zm09 on 8/26/2012 12:55:18 PM

Mod! Mod! Mod!
So I just started school And this year I started wearing make up and Im really trying to work on myself to be more confident and just better in everything. I want to talk to people that I wouldn't have. Im kinda having a rough time with it though. I start to question who I am and where my place is and who I want to be friends with but I don't want to leave my old friends. I guess I don't know who i am because I ALWAYS feel this longing to be somebody else. What do u think?

Hey girlie,

I think what you need to do is push yourself to be better (since that's what your goal has been) without trying to push yourself to be someone else. In other words, be a better YOU - don't turn yourself into something you're not. Before you make a choice, ask yourself seriously - do I like this? Is this something that expresses who I am? Even though it might scare me/make me nervous, am I comfortable with this? There's a difference between challenging yourself to be more outgoing and turning yourself into a whole new person. So every step of the way - your clothes, your music tastes, your friends, your hobbies - ask yourself if you actually like it, or you just want people to SEE that you like it. And if you remind yourself to question everything, you'll be more likely to make choices that reflect who you are. Also, don't be afraid to change - growing up is full of changes and switches in personality. And that's ok, as long as you're not forcing them or modeling yourself after someone else. You gotta be you! Smile

Lauren C.

by Icecreamluver on 8/26/2012 12:02:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Hi, I am going into sixth grade and I am so nervous! Gah! What should I do? How can I make friends who are like me (I am a dancer)? Ugh, help?!!??! I'm paranoid about everything.

Hey girlie,

Try to remember that EVERYONE is nervous! Going to a new school isn't easy for anyone, but you'll get the hang of it after a little while of being there. First, remember why you're there - to learn. Work hard, raise your hand in class, do your homework, ask questions if you need it, etc. Be bold in your academics! Next, be outgoing. Join a new club or sport similar to what you love to do, sit at a new lunchtable, talk to the girl who has the locker next to yours, etc. All of these things will help you settle in faster because you're meeting more people, doing new things, and making the most out of your time! <3 We also have a book about surviving middle school - click on the link below to learn more, because it could really help to prep you for the first day! Smile

Lauren C.

by WinnieGirlie on 8/26/2012 11:03:09 AM

Wow i think they r cheating

by heather99 on 8/26/2012 10:34:56 AM