2 HOURS AGO Who else is *so* ready for #Thanksgiving tomorrow? This is a sneak peek of us in like fourteen hours:

3 HOURS AGO We're thankful for our family + friends... and @taylorswift13. Who are you grateful for?

4 HOURS AGO #QUIZ! Has your crush noticed you?

Expert tips for gettin' fit this school year

The key to feeling awesome isn’t looking like a model—it’s all about feeling comfy in your own skin. One of teen fitness expert Kathie Dolgin’s favorite ways...

I need to lose about 20 pounds. Any ideas?

hey! don't think about dropping pounds to meet a deadline. instead focus on having a healthy lifestyle year round with moderate exercise and a balanced diet. You may not drop weight in two weeks, but that's the way to maintain the right weight for your body. at girl's life we promote the idea that a healthy you is the most beautiful you there is. That being said I'm gonna direct you to our fitness page for all our info on healthy living Smile

Helen S.

by Trumpet98 on 3/14/2013 4:33:26 PM

Hi, okay so I've recently lost 25 pounds and I want to be a cheerleader but I've never cheered before!! I'm 13. Is it too late?? I used to do gymnastics but I fractured my ankle so I'm pretty flexibleSmile please please please answer me soon I want to know if I'm wasting my time about cheering

Hey kilgore7, you're soo young of course you can still cheer. Find out when the cheer tryouts are at your school, if you haven't already and start practicing. If you know any cheerleaders ask them what kind of workouts they do or foods they eat. I think you should practice for a couple minutes a day flips, tumbles, roundoffs, etc. Maybe dedicate a day to each one, but don't do too much. Also try to find some cheerleading blogs to see what cheer life is like. You can read books about it too. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Kilgore7 on 9/2/2012 8:48:00 AM

Verrry helpful!! Smile

by fallsb-ball on 8/29/2012 1:29:35 PM

Hey girl,

Yes, that is totally normal! Everyone's bods are totally different, and yours will happen when your body is ready Smile

Meghan D.

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 8/24/2012 11:31:31 PM

So I want to join my high school crew team, but you need to pass the swim test to join, and I'm not a great swimmer since I haven't been able to practice much. My parents work 9-5 and are pretty busy, and the pool is too far away for me to go on my own to practice. This is kinda weird, but are there any exercises that will help me become a stronger swimmer without actually swimming? Tryouts are soon and I really want to make it.
Also, I've tried to post this 4 times already and it doesn't appear! Do you know why? Thanks!

Hey girl,

Doing cardio and building upper body strength will help you build endurance for swimming, and you could also ask your parents if there is a way you could still get to the pool to practice (a friend or neighbor driving you, or a teen you know). Also, when the mods are busy we can't answer your question super instantly, but you don't need to post multiple times because we will get to it as fast as we can!

Meghan D.

by coracat on 8/24/2012 10:49:40 PM

i go 2 school an hour away and the bus in the afternoon leaves at 5:00. then we eat and i need 2 get my homework done. where can i get exercise in there?
Also i was trying to create a club and it wouldn't let me type or select anything but the description. thx

Hey girl,

Try exercising when you get home from school before it gets too late! Even if it's just a little a day, at least you'll be getting something! As for the club, you can type the description yourself and then add officers after it is created and approved!

Meghan D.

by kewauneegal on 8/24/2012 10:37:26 PM

what are dumbbell squats?

Hey girl,

I think they are squats that you do while holding weights! If you want more exercise tips you should talk to your gym teacher for personalized suggestions!

Meghan D.

by sfluv on 8/24/2012 9:47:57 PM

FIRST TO COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

by Jbug77 on 8/24/2012 8:39:13 PM

Mod mod mod
Im in volleyball and would rather wear a sports bra then a normal bra during practise. But practise is right after school and i cant wear a sports bra with my normal outfit.

Hey girl,

Just change into your sports bra in the locker room when you change into your practice outfit! You can always change bras in a stall instead of in public.

Meghan D.

by flammer3 on 8/24/2012 7:47:22 PM

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?