8 HOURS AGO This #GLgirl gives you the scoop on gorg glowing skin: http://t.co/iY3iYtAtF7

11 HOURS AGO Currently swooning over these adorbs beach bags: http://t.co/GT2oH9Il1x

12 HOURS AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

COMMENTS

Gene pool: How to beat obesity

My family has a long history of being obese. They usually start gaining weight during high school. I try to stay as active as possible so this...

MOD MOD MOD!
I need help choosing sports!
So, i play softball but i don't really like it. I am in 7th grade and im going to stop playing softball when i reach high school. I have a passion for skiing and surfing. It's what im good at. But high schools have no teams for that...... I am really stuck on what sport to play!!!!! Tennis is another sport that i play and really like. I just need to work on it. My sister is an amazing soccer player. Shes always on the front cover of the paper. About once every two weeks. In my family im the smart one. I get straight A's and im proud of it. I work very hard to earn what i earn. i need your advice!

Hey Girl, try joining a club team outside of school or create one with a group of friends. There are a lot of opportunities to compete in a sport outside of school. Look into that.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by marylofal16 on 11/15/2012 4:17:43 PM

what i like 2 do is dance in my to my 5 fave songs (in abc order)
gangnam style by freezing hott(3)
home by phillip phillips(4)
ready or not by bridgit mendler(2)
somebody that i used 2 know by goyte(5)
we are never ever getting back togetherby taylor swift (1)

by kyleigh1234 on 10/31/2012 10:55:00 AM

i try to stay in shape but im still the third slowest runner n m soccer team i do 1 minute of situps jumping jacks and pushupseach and i run a lap around the midle school track every day but im still the third slowest runer on my soccer team of 15 girls what do i do

by kyleigh1234 on 10/8/2012 11:13:58 AM

i really really like this one boy at my school. hes in 4 of my classes and hes super cute, today he complimented me and he talks to me often in class. the only thing is he is kinda popular and i am sooooo afraid he doesnt like me. we've hugged as friends and as i said, i really like him! what can i do to get his attention more? do u think he likes me?

by glam on 10/1/2012 6:47:47 PM

I'm chunky and have been trying to loose weight for years! I train on a competitive swim team every day so I'm sporty and I'm not lacking exercise at all. I eat quite healthily as well, i just find it hard to stop eating once i've started. like, i'll often have seconds or snack on my friends food at school. I don't really care what other people think of me but i want to loose weight so that i will feel better about my body and so that i can improve at swimming and stuff. How can I overcome my over eating????
I'm not at all thinking about going anorexic but would it be crazy for me to maybe have half a sandwich at lunch instead of a whole one at lunch or something?

Hey Beach Girl <3, the mind is very powerful. For years you may have been telling yourself you have a problem overeating, and the more you've told yourself that, the more you've believed it and the more you continue overeating. But you can reverse this. Tell yourself you eat just enough for your body and can stop whenever you want. If you really believe this, your bod will respond and you'll eat less. Hope this made sense and will help you! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Beach Girl <3 on 9/27/2012 8:14:58 PM

hi,I need a lot of help. I have trouble with eating and staying at a healthy weight my family is built bigger. so am I but i still need help i want to be healthy.

by fashion4ever:) on 9/20/2012 5:28:56 PM

I know how you feel. On my dads side there is a huge obesity/type 2 diabetes gene. Type 2 diabetes is most common to people who have an "apple" shape. An apple shape is when you store most of your fat in your belly. My dad is not fat because he works very hard and him and I are the only ones in the family of 8 who have an "apple" shape so I have to work extra hard on staying in shape and healthy. I wish you luck on a healthy life!

by kaseyB101 on 9/19/2012 8:06:12 PM

Mod mod mod
Why wont my comments show up?

Hey girl,

When our mods get super busy, it can take longer for your comments to show up, but we are working to answer all of your questions as fast as we can!

Meghan D.

by madicadaby on 9/14/2012 8:49:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
This is extremely important and I would be very very grateful if one of you help me with this. Ok it starts like this, There is this girl in my grade and she's is really "uptight" and serious and I even used to think she was annoying. I just kept my distance and if I had to be around her I would just be polite and try to be nice. That went ok until she decided to run cross country which I do. She really doesnt fit in and doesn't have a lot of friends because she's irritating, so I was nice to her at first. But then she got really annoying and would trip and elbow people (me) during practice and races. I tried to keep my distance from her but she is extremely clingy and wont leave me alone. She even sits with me at lunch even though i (thought) I made it clear that I wasn't interested in being friends with her. She's the best tennis player at our school but she's going to run track. How do I convince her not to run track? Or get her to leave me alone without being mean?

Hey girl,

I don't think you should try to convince her to not run track -- if it's what she wants to do, she should have a chance to do that just like anyone else! If she's clinging to you, she probably sees that you're a nice girl, and she might want some friends since it doesn't sound like she has too many. If she's elbowing you, you should definitely tell her to stop, but if she sits with you at lunch, try putting your feelings aside and trying to get to know her. She might actually be really nice!

Meghan D.

by madicadaby on 9/14/2012 8:48:08 PM

Don't be worried. When your in good shape, you will not gain weight. If you really worry, try to stay away from too junk food, and ask yourself, "which one is better". But, don't put yourself under too much stress, because it will make you worry a lot, you become too skinny, like me. I worry about what i eat a lot. And i'm sure you will be a really healthy person if you stick to exercising and healthy foods. Smile

by Luv_Bug6 on 9/10/2012 7:15:15 PM

Hey guys! I just created an advice queens page so come ask me anything Smile I'll answer super fast (I'm on GL every day) and it would mean a lot since I don't have a lot of fans.

by genieinabottle on 9/8/2012 8:54:03 PM

Hey gals! I started something new that I thought would be a cool idea! I created a club called 'I'm Sorry'! The title is exactly what it's about. But to find out more~ Go search 'I'm Sorry' and then filter to clubs! Afterwards, you should see 'I'm Sorry Club'. I do get on there often so don't be fooled!
Also! Fairy Tail fan freaks! I have a club just for you guys! Blog about Fairy Tail and what not! I'm always on it!

by Gabriella123 on 9/1/2012 10:40:58 PM

@cookiemonster15
What he did was something that I'd do. I sometimes accidently do something not smart towards my crush and then look back at it and think that I just did something totally mean. So him apologizing to you is probably what I do normally. It's great that he apologized to you! So yeah, I think he meant it! Hope I helped ya~ Good luck with this hunk. ^.^

by Gabriella123 on 9/1/2012 10:38:41 PM

Do you need healthy eating tips, or are full of them yourself? Then our club " Healthier YOU! " we have The Tip of The Day! everyday. we are there for you! Positions are open!!!

by meowgirlie1019 on 9/1/2012 1:56:55 PM

Join my club. ASVICE FOR YOU. i will answer your Qs asap!

Xxoo,
SunnySmile

by Sunny4132 on 8/31/2012 7:41:20 PM

MODMODMODMOD
All of the guys in my class seem to think that if you're not a toothpick, then you're fat. I have an athletic build, so I'm not a toothpick, and I've overheard this group of guys calling me fat. This really made my confidence lower, and now I think that I am overweight, even though I'm not. How can I re-gain my confidence?

Hey girl,

It's great that you want to be comfortable in your own skin! As long as you know you're living a healthy lifestyle, that's what matters, so don't listen to them because they have no idea what they're talking about anyway Smile If you still feel bad about their teasing, you should speak with a trusted adult such as a parent, family member, teacher or guidance counselor about their teasing and how it makes you feel. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

Meghan D.

by arcusashue on 8/31/2012 5:12:26 PM

Hey so I really thought this guy liked me until today he was going around pointing to all the girls going "skinny, skinny, skinny"-points to me and totters his hand back and forth going "ahhh". I just brushed it off because I am not the skinniest but I'm not fat and I'm confident enough not to care (plus he's not exactly skinny either). But afterwards he apologized and and genuinely seemed to feel bad and flirted with me as normal the rest of the day. What should I take this as?

Meghan D.

by cookiemonster15 on 8/31/2012 3:45:38 PM

Hi! There's a boy I like that's in my math, science, english, history, and orchestra class. He told my friend that he thinks I'm hot but I don't know if he likes me. He looks at me sometimes in class. How do I flirt with him?

Hey girl, it sounds to me that he might like you! Check out these links to help ya out  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/04/09/Is-he-flirty-or-just-friendly.aspx

and  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/04/09/Is-he-flirty-or-just-friendly.aspx
lauren I.

by ballerina55 on 8/31/2012 9:34:25 AM

Ugh! ^_^ Only if there was an article about how to GAIN WEIGHT for under-weighted people like...gulp* me.... Embarassed

by Susmita24 on 8/31/2012 12:38:35 AM