AN HOUR AGO 20 ways to flirt with your crush: http://t.co/M6GN4Lfh2r

1 HOURS AGO RT @InternQueen: SO excited to have execs from @USATODAYcollege @GOLINglobal @girlslifemag & more at 1st ever #InternQueenParty #DC! http:/http://t.co/FPbSl5siz2

2 HOURS AGO Glam up with @thegivermovie-inspired nail polish: http://t.co/BZdTlAzmjY

COMMENTS

Get picture-day perfect in 8 steps

The camera turns to you as you sit against the blue...

Umm... no offense GL, but I do not agree with this post at all. You say that you are not going to cake on the makeup. Meanwhile, you use 7 different products! That is crazy! If that is your idea of a little makeup, I don't even want to see your idea of a lot. No offense to anyone, this is just my personal opinion, but I am pretty disappointed with this post.

by Gigglegirl12 on 8/2/2013 8:56:34 PM

I try to use minimum makeup as possible, so if it was your picture day and you could only use... one item listed above, which would you choose? I want to use only the concealer but idk if that would look okay or if I have to use foundation under it, because I don't prefer to use foundation. Thank you!

Hey girl! Personally, I would use powder foundation. It
banishes shine and covers up imperfections, all with a flick of your wrist! Good
luck!

Melissa T.

by azuki on 7/9/2013 4:36:02 PM

MOD, MOD, MOD!
I have mineral powder foundation. Can I use that in pics? It's SPF 15. Does it need to be a powder for HD?

Hey girlie-

Mineral powder foundation works great, that's all I use!

Alexis G.

by cheetah#1 on 10/4/2012 7:27:53 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Tomorrow is my picture day, and I was wondering if this would be a good outfit: A pink, patterned top, blue skinny jeans, brown moccasins, a flower necklace with cool, brown, wooden beads, and a wide belt around my waist? Thanks Laughing <3

Hey pokemon_girl11, yeah girl that sounds really really cute. Take a good picture tomorrow! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by pokemon_girl11 on 9/9/2012 10:23:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! please edit this post for the photos. the Revlon photo ready foundation is not for pictures. photo means light, meaning it is supposed to look great in any light, be it daylight, or early morning light or bad bathroom light. NOT flash. it has flecks of shimmer in it and that is NOT way you want in a photo. check out revlon's claims for this foundation.

what you really need for a picture foundation is one with little or no SPF because SPF gives off a slightly powdery and white tinge.

thanks Smile

by popcornpiggie on 9/3/2012 10:29:29 PM

Modmod
None of these tips work, and I never look good in my school photos. What can I do besides smile, because I already know you're gonna say that? Don't ask me how, I just know a lot of stuff

Hey girl,

Aside from these tips, try tilting your head a little off center -- it will make your smile look better! And you're right -- definitely put on a great smile Smile I'm sure you'll look beautiful!

Meghan D. Meghan D.

by peppercyndaquil13 on 9/1/2012 10:23:41 PM

I agree with tori42, and besides, you don't have to put ALL of it on, i suggest just the Photo Ready Makeup, concealer, and blush! I mean on pic day I might put on the liner and shadow too, but still!

by cheetah#1 on 8/31/2012 6:18:12 PM

Everyone just leave GL alone! This is not "caking" makeup on, we are simply using a little make up to enhance your features and face. They are not saying put it all on your face or you have to do this. A little goes a long way, so if you just put the foundation on your cheeks, forhead, and chin with a dab or two and blend. Its not "caking" it on.

by tori42 on 8/30/2012 5:56:47 PM

Can GL make a Google+ account for people who want to follow GL but can't have a Twitter. Or FaceBook. Or Tumblr. Or Pinterest? Please? I really want to follow GL and see their beauty tips without having to log on to GL and find the tips. Please? Please answer! Thanks! XOXO Tabitha Hannah H.

by jrprodigy12 on 8/30/2012 1:56:38 PM

by jrprodigy12 on 8/30/2012 1:10:32 PM

I, again, agree with you guys, and by the way,
jo_crox, I love the princess diaries too!

by newsies on 8/30/2012 8:48:53 AM

Sorry GL, I'm not caking myself in makeup for picture day. Aren't we supposed to be confident about the way we look and NOT have to layer on makeup? Isn't that what GL is supposed to represent? Confidence in us girls?
Honestly.... why do I still read these articles?

by jo_crox on 8/29/2012 10:58:30 PM

How come Girls Life always talks about makeup ? They say how to take a picture is by loading up on makeup ? Come on . They say no need to cake on the makeup , but that's all their telling you to do ! In my opinion Girls Life is giving bad advice to girls . Instead of telling them they have to cake on makeup to get a good picture , they should tell girls how to accept themselves for who they are , no matter how their picture turns out . And seriously ? Who wants to go through all that trouble anyways just for a picture ? I apologize if anyone finds this offensive , but this is just my personal opinion . I hope that Girls Life will post more blogs about hinge that rely matter in the world . Or at least just talk about something other than makeup .

by Tazmeyer49 on 8/28/2012 5:37:07 PM

sorry for the negative comment, but this article should have been about getting rid of frizz, how to smile comfortably, and how to get prepared when you are standing in line for pictures. this article just didnt do anything for me.

by parischick2 on 8/28/2012 11:59:52 AM

MOD, MOD, MOD!
Is curling your lashes like 5 days a week bad for your lashes? Follow up Q- Can lash curlers cut off your lashes?

Hey girlie! Curling your lashes isn't bad for you- just make sure you're taking off the makeup you put on them at the end of the day!  Unless you're pressing REALLY hard with the curler (ow!) then you shouldn't be able to cut off your lashes with an eyelash curler.  I know they look like terrifying torture devices, but they really aren't that bad! xoxo

Kate G.

by cheetah#1 on 8/27/2012 12:26:16 PM

I've been taking bad picture day pix lately, but I can't really wear all of this makeup...I thought that this article would be about hot to de-frizzify hair or something...
not to mention the fact that all of this makeup put together costs $107.00!!!!!!! That's almost $50 dollars away from the price of adopting a kitten from my local shelter!!!!

by newsies on 8/27/2012 7:22:49 AM

I hate smiling. When i smile, it looks weird, and it hurts a little. I prefer frowning 'cause it doesn't hurt at all and relaxes your face. Plus I look great frowning.

by cheetah#1 on 8/26/2012 8:50:54 PM

I heard that revlon photoready foundation is actually not for photos bc it's all glittery, someone said that the name is just a misconception... idk

by limegreengal3803 on 8/26/2012 8:50:20 PM

I hate photos! I used to be kind of a camera hog but now I absolutely hate pictures...

by Acutiebookworm on 8/26/2012 8:32:56 PM

I need to buy some BB cream ! I'm really pale so I have a lot of discoloration, so it could be really helpful ...

by kenzi143 on 8/26/2012 6:55:50 PM

My mom has the Photo Ready Makeup. The shade she has isn't a good one for her, but I can ask her if I can borrow it!

P.S.- I have REALLY bushy brows. Wah! LOL

by cheetah#1 on 8/26/2012 6:45:22 PM

unfortunately, this article came a few days too late! my picture day was on the 2nd day of schoolFrown

by myfatsquirrel on 8/26/2012 6:34:46 PM

Christian sites for teen girls?

Hey girl,

I've heard of christianteenagers.net, but GL.com cannot fully recommend outside sites/guarantee that you'll find what you're looking for there. I know we also have a number of Christian readers who have created clubs on GL.com, so you could always go there if you're looking to connect to girls who share your beliefs Smile

Lauren C.

by * Queen of the Fashionistas* on 8/26/2012 12:53:23 PM

MOD I have 2 questions I was wondering you could help me with:
1. What's concealer? Does it act kinda like a BB Cream?
2. I just got a pair of red pants from Forever 21 that cover 3/4 of my legs. I was wondering what tops and shoes would match well with them.
Thanks bunches!! Smile

Hey girlie,

1. BB Cream acts as a foundation, for overall light coverage on your face. Concealer is a cream/liquid that covers smaller problem areas, like undereye circles, pimples, blemishes, scars, etc.

2. You could wear those pants with all sorts of shoes - wedges, a brown sandal, plain flats, or pumps! On top, go with a lightwash denim boyfriend shirt, a camel brown trapeze tank, a black and white striped fitted tee, a floral tee, a white loose flowing blouse... the options are endless! Smile

Lauren C.

by HappyFeet16 on 8/26/2012 12:40:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I like this guy, whom I assume knows I like him (or at least used to) considering my friends used to always say that I do. He's in a couple of my classes so I get to talk to him (when I work up the nerve) in my last class he talks to me and is always trying to annoy me (examples: touches my hair, fixes things that I've done, stuff like that) then the other day he admitted that he thought it was fun to annoy me out of nowhere. he was joking around, saying that he loves me and always has haha (we've known each other since elementary) Last year my friends told him I liked someone else (which wasn't a lie, I did like someone else. What I never told anyone was that I still liked him.) So, I'm just wondering if you know why he acts like this with me. I don't recall him acting like this to other girls (that I've seen). In fact he hugs all his other female friends. He's hugged me like...once in all the time ie known him. So, why does he act this way?

Hey girlie,

He totally sounds like he's flirting! We don't know him obviously so we can't guarantee he's flirting and he has a crush, but usually guys annoy/tease/compliment/joke around with the girls they like. Especially since he doesn't act this way around other girls (way to be observant!), it's a pretty good sign Smile

Lauren C.

by Princess6066 on 8/26/2012 12:19:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Yesterday I went shopping and I got a bag that looks kinda dirty. It's white with blue and red with leather straps and it is a summer bag. How can I lighten it without damaging the rest of it? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

First off, check the tag inside. Are there care instructions on how to clean it? If so, go by those. If not, if it's a canvas bag (like most summer bags are), pre-treat the dingy parts with a Stain Stick and throw it in the washing machine on the gentle cycle with cold water. You might not be able to get it all out, but it'll brighten it up a little!

Lauren C.

by Jetdoggy24 on 8/26/2012 11:59:08 AM

Cool!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hey girls! Need advice on Beauty/Fashion?! Be sure to check out my club Baylee's Beauty Beat! Don't worry, with my tips, you'll be totally gorgeous in no time Smile

by BayleeBeautyQueen on 8/26/2012 11:12:41 AM

If you buy all of that you will have spent $108. That's expensive!

by hidi75 on 8/26/2012 10:34:35 AM

I HATE THE NEW REVLON LIP COLOR! THEY JUST COPIED CLINIQUE'S CHUBBY STICK!!!! Clinique is much better, TRUST ME!

by heather99 on 8/26/2012 10:31:16 AM

Hey everyone! It sunny !! You go to advice queen i can give you advice on ANYTHING! From boys- to family and makeup and school and friends.... AND SOOOOO MUCH MORE! Come check out the open positions, and ccomment on my profile that you want to be in my club! Hurry! Spots are limited!!
Xoxo,
SunnySmile

by Sunny4132 on 8/26/2012 10:23:31 AM

Xoxo,
SunnySmile

by Sunny4132 on 8/26/2012 10:22:40 AM

MOD MOd MOD MOD MOD
School is starting tomorrow, and I need some shorts to wear to school. I live in NC so it is hot most of the time. My schools dress code is that you must have shorts that go to your fingertips when yo put your arms down. I used to get mine from Delias but there is no Delias near me anymore. Are there any places that I can get cute (and cheap) shorts for school?

Hey girlie,

Of course! Go for a pair of bermuda shorts - they're long enough but will still give you a cool summer vibe. I found a bunch at Kohls, JC Penney, and Walmart! Check those stores out and see if there are any you like Smile Here are some links below so you know what to expect!

Lauren C.

by awtechnofish on 8/26/2012 9:38:54 AM

Thanks this is very helpful and I like how the revlon photo ready is relatively AFFORDABLE for me thanks a lot can't wait to go to the store

by natalyc on 8/26/2012 9:38:34 AM

Wow. Ya think GL could be a lil more considerate for girls who DON'T wear makeup?
My picture day is next Wednesday and my birthday's tomorrow!
Now, what am I supposed to do?

by Dee_Has_Cookiez on 8/26/2012 8:42:14 AM

hey everybody!! please join my club "like a blank canvas"! its for writers and poets and book lovers!! you can find it on my profile, please join!! =] positions available.

by High Tops FTW on 8/26/2012 8:02:04 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In winter when I'm outside my nose always turns bright red and my friends and fam always make fun of me calling me santa. How can I stop y nose tuning red? Or at least how can I hide that y nose is red???

Hey girlie,

There isn't a whole lot you can do to prevent this, but there are some ways to make it easier. First, if you can do it, wrap your scarf around your nose whenever you can. That way, you keep it warm and avoid the blood vessel color probs! ;) Some doctors suggest that the sun makes the problem worse, so always use sunscreen (sometimes you can get it in a moisturizer), even in the wintertime. Mineral makeup is also great at covering redness - it won't be a miracle product, but it could help cut down on the BRIGHT red you get <3

Lauren C.

by mininami28 on 8/26/2012 7:49:37 AM

so next weekend i'm going to sea world with my church group i dont think we have group shirts so i dont know what to wear to be comfy and appropriate also i have two friends going how can i make sure i include both of them on rides where its a two seater? thank you and its pretty hot here in florida thanks

Hey girlie,

First off, don't sweat it with your friends! It's just the bus ride, so try to sit 2 of you on one side and the other person across the aisle, on the other side. That way, you can all still chat Smile As for what you should wear, I'd keep it simple - a pair of skinny jeans in case the building is cold, plus a cute tee shirt/blouse (with a modest neckline since it's a church group). You could even wear a tank top with a cardigan Smile

Lauren C.

by makmnm on 8/26/2012 7:40:10 AM

Oh my gosh thank you thank you thank you GL for posting this article! Last year's school picture for me turned out AWFULLY and I REALLY want to get a good one for the yearbook this year!!

by HelenaPS on 8/26/2012 12:50:49 AM

Wow this is a LOT for one picture. But it's helpful!!! Thanks!!!

by pretty123 on 8/26/2012 12:31:15 AM