3 HOURS AGO Can girls make the first move—or is that weird? http://t.co/tgtlB9KNYl

5 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 Western chick wrangles these @BuccoCapensis navy boots: http://t.co/o8FUIQYMbr

6 HOURS AGO Snag a sneak peek of @jacquieleemusic's new EP: http://t.co/CsAj7j0goN #thevoice

COMMENTS

Not a stellar student? How to do your best this year

I’m going into eighth grade and freaking out because I’m horrible in school. I want to be smart and try my best, but I always get...

Hey girl,

It's totally normal to have questions about your period, but relax, because it happens to everyone! It doesn't hurt, and you can still go in the pool or ocean if you have a tampon. If not you can still have fun on the beach and chill poolside! And when you have your period, you wear a pad or tampon so it won't get to your pants.

Meghan D.

by marylofal16 on 12/10/2012 8:39:27 PM

(sorry this is off topic, it wouldn't let me post on the other page!) Mod mod mod!!!!! So i havent got my period yet and i have soo many questions! Here are three... Does it hurt when you get it? Can you have summer fun with a period? Does the blood just pour out when you have it and go right though your pants?

Hey girl,

Meghan D.

by marylofal16 on 12/10/2012 8:38:59 PM

BLOOD? NOT!
Okay, so my mom has never gotten a period since she was like 15. I've already been having mine for almost a year now, but it happened twice were I would skip a month. Will I end up like my mom?

Hey Girl. It's unlikely that your mom doesn't have her period naturally, but there are some medicines and medical conditions that can prevent women from having their periods. A woman's cycle is different in each person, yours could be longer than the average girl's. it's also really common for someone who has only recently gotten their period (yes, 1 year is recent) to be irregular.

Hannah H.

Hannah h.

by Buckeyemike42 on 12/4/2012 9:52:23 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I haven't gone out with a boy yet, and all my friends have. I feel so left out! I do have a few crushes and they have talked to me, i just don't know how to make a move.

Hey girl,

There is no pressure to date just because your friends are! It's more than ok to wait until you find someone you like. If you want to talk to your crushes, try starting a casual conversation about school or tv. Once you are friends it will be easy to talk to them!

Meghan D.

by Glittercupcake on 11/24/2012 9:19:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!! Not the best athlete.........So i am the straight A student in the family. But my older sister is the sports star. I get jealous! Anyway i am a star when it comes to skiing but i live far away from the mountains. I play softball but i hate it. I am an ok player at tennis but i enjoy that much much more than softball. I just need help on what to do when high school coems around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey girl! you don't HAVE to be a sports star. I bet your sis is pretty jealous that you're such a great student. don't compare yourself to her, just be the best YOU you can be!

xoxo

Katie L.

by marylofal16 on 11/21/2012 8:38:39 AM

Hi mod, I don't want to be rude but why does GL recycle the same celebrities... There are so many great, empowering women and men out there that could be done for a cover story. Why do the same people over and over? Also, did GL get rid get rid of their special report? If so, please please please!! put it back in the issue it was my favorite part of the magazine!! Thanks!

Hey girl,

Thanks for your feedback, we always love hearing from GL girls! We try to feature the top celebs you want to see, and we always love hearing what you think of who we feature in the mag and online.

Meghan D.

by appleduck101 on 11/9/2012 9:57:00 PM

MODMODMOD.
Okay, so I'm a pretty good student. I'm in the gifted education program at my school, I take a math class a level above my average grade, I go to the High School every morning first period for Spanish even though I'm only in seventh grade, and on my last grade card I got straight As. No minuses. But this year has proven to be an issue. I'm the biggest procrastinator! I'm sick of shoving eight class periods worth of work in at 2 am Sunday night. How can I organize myself?

Hey grace1089, you have set aside enough hours during the week for your homework. Maybe when you come in from school take a 30 minute break, then spend 2 hours on homework, take another break, another 2 hours eat dinner and call it a night. Try something like that to be sure you're getting all your work done and enough rest. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by grace1089 on 10/28/2012 10:58:31 PM

thanks you guys are so helpful Smile)))

by Livibits on 9/14/2012 9:12:05 PM

Hey Girlies!
My name is Haley and I'm a sophomore in high school. Do any of you need advice? I've been through it all, so ask away!
You can ask me anything! Just leave a comment on my profile and I'll answer on your as soon as possible! Hope to hear from you!

by haleyhay3 on 9/2/2012 7:23:11 PM

Today I'm having a sleepover with a new friend. Last time I had her over we played a few games and watched a movie (which she didn't really seem interested in). Also, she doesn't really like doing stuff like mani/pedis which I do with my other friends. What are some activities I can do with her?

Hey genieinabottle, ask her what she'd like to do. That way you both can be happy. Hope this helps and have fun! Xoxo

Lynae P.