2 HOURS AGO Hey fit chicks, say hello to your new favorite workout: http://t.co/GZ50ygVlNX

5 HOURS AGO Which character from @thegivermovie are you? Take the quiz and find out: http://t.co/V1rdFyMROQ

6 HOURS AGO The thigh gap thing has gone far enough #BodyPeace: http://t.co/9KEmVRd8uf

COMMENTS

Not a stellar student? How to do your best this year

I’m going into eighth grade and freaking out because I’m horrible in school. I want to be smart and try my best, but I always get...

Hey girl,

It's totally normal to have questions about your period, but relax, because it happens to everyone! It doesn't hurt, and you can still go in the pool or ocean if you have a tampon. If not you can still have fun on the beach and chill poolside! And when you have your period, you wear a pad or tampon so it won't get to your pants.

Meghan D.

by marylofal16 on 12/10/2012 8:39:27 PM

(sorry this is off topic, it wouldn't let me post on the other page!) Mod mod mod!!!!! So i havent got my period yet and i have soo many questions! Here are three... Does it hurt when you get it? Can you have summer fun with a period? Does the blood just pour out when you have it and go right though your pants?

Hey girl,

Meghan D.

by marylofal16 on 12/10/2012 8:38:59 PM

BLOOD? NOT!
Okay, so my mom has never gotten a period since she was like 15. I've already been having mine for almost a year now, but it happened twice were I would skip a month. Will I end up like my mom?

Hey Girl. It's unlikely that your mom doesn't have her period naturally, but there are some medicines and medical conditions that can prevent women from having their periods. A woman's cycle is different in each person, yours could be longer than the average girl's. it's also really common for someone who has only recently gotten their period (yes, 1 year is recent) to be irregular.

Hannah H.

Hannah h.

by Buckeyemike42 on 12/4/2012 9:52:23 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I haven't gone out with a boy yet, and all my friends have. I feel so left out! I do have a few crushes and they have talked to me, i just don't know how to make a move.

Hey girl,

There is no pressure to date just because your friends are! It's more than ok to wait until you find someone you like. If you want to talk to your crushes, try starting a casual conversation about school or tv. Once you are friends it will be easy to talk to them!

Meghan D.

by Glittercupcake on 11/24/2012 9:19:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!! Not the best athlete.........So i am the straight A student in the family. But my older sister is the sports star. I get jealous! Anyway i am a star when it comes to skiing but i live far away from the mountains. I play softball but i hate it. I am an ok player at tennis but i enjoy that much much more than softball. I just need help on what to do when high school coems around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey girl! you don't HAVE to be a sports star. I bet your sis is pretty jealous that you're such a great student. don't compare yourself to her, just be the best YOU you can be!

xoxo

Katie L.

by marylofal16 on 11/21/2012 8:38:39 AM

Hi mod, I don't want to be rude but why does GL recycle the same celebrities... There are so many great, empowering women and men out there that could be done for a cover story. Why do the same people over and over? Also, did GL get rid get rid of their special report? If so, please please please!! put it back in the issue it was my favorite part of the magazine!! Thanks!

Hey girl,

Thanks for your feedback, we always love hearing from GL girls! We try to feature the top celebs you want to see, and we always love hearing what you think of who we feature in the mag and online.

Meghan D.

by appleduck101 on 11/9/2012 9:57:00 PM

MODMODMOD.
Okay, so I'm a pretty good student. I'm in the gifted education program at my school, I take a math class a level above my average grade, I go to the High School every morning first period for Spanish even though I'm only in seventh grade, and on my last grade card I got straight As. No minuses. But this year has proven to be an issue. I'm the biggest procrastinator! I'm sick of shoving eight class periods worth of work in at 2 am Sunday night. How can I organize myself?

Hey grace1089, you have set aside enough hours during the week for your homework. Maybe when you come in from school take a 30 minute break, then spend 2 hours on homework, take another break, another 2 hours eat dinner and call it a night. Try something like that to be sure you're getting all your work done and enough rest. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by grace1089 on 10/28/2012 10:58:31 PM

thanks you guys are so helpful Smile)))

by Livibits on 9/14/2012 9:12:05 PM

Hey Girlies!
My name is Haley and I'm a sophomore in high school. Do any of you need advice? I've been through it all, so ask away!
You can ask me anything! Just leave a comment on my profile and I'll answer on your as soon as possible! Hope to hear from you!

by haleyhay3 on 9/2/2012 7:23:11 PM

Today I'm having a sleepover with a new friend. Last time I had her over we played a few games and watched a movie (which she didn't really seem interested in). Also, she doesn't really like doing stuff like mani/pedis which I do with my other friends. What are some activities I can do with her?

Hey genieinabottle, ask her what she'd like to do. That way you both can be happy. Hope this helps and have fun! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by genieinabottle on 9/2/2012 5:30:44 PM

Hey girls! I have a club going on called, 'I'm Sorry'! It's something new I'm trying out and the title explains ALL! Go search it!
And Fairy Tail fans! I have a club for you guys too!

by Gabriella123 on 9/1/2012 10:23:08 PM

I know how that feels. I usually have problems in science and English. Those two classes make me wanna just run away to St. Louis

by peppercyndaquil13 on 9/1/2012 9:08:33 PM

mod
how do i get people to join my club its called club random

by pandasrock292 on 8/31/2012 2:03:09 PM

I'm new at this site and I'm having trouble with my avatar's pic. How do I get to choose which pic I want to use?

Hey girl,

Your picture / avatar will be deleted if it's personally identifying, so try to choose something generic that you still love!

Meghan D.

by karate star* on 8/31/2012 1:12:21 PM

helloSmile

so my bf is sooo nice and sweet but maybe to much.. he gets mad even when i talk to another guy thats just my friend and he texts me all the time and i feel so smothered so what should i do.. thx

Hannah H.

by arianagrandeforever on 8/30/2012 1:26:30 PM

Another one little question.
About the diary. I didn't mean to read her diary. She doesn't know. I was over her house, and she sent me upstairs to get her music notebook. She writes lyrics like me and her notebook was small. Believe me the both notebooks were together and I didn't know which was which. Do I read one first which turned out to be her diary. Should I tell her sorry for that? Or should I just keep it to myself?

Hey girlie, Just keep it to yourself.  I'm sure she wants to keep that stuff secret, so don't embarrass her and make her feel more uncomfortable by letting her know that you know. xoxo

Kate G.

by Rainbows_rawr on 8/28/2012 1:44:58 PM

Okay there are 3 people here this is a bit personal. I will label each person A B C. A and B are married. A is C's older brother. A and B always fight. C knows that in the past A has even hit B. A swears he doesn't hit B anymore. But A and B recently got in a fight. B was crying and C was so scared. C kept telling A not to hit B or yell at B. A kept trying to clam C down. Every time A and B get in a fight C always get scared. C is very emotional. What should C do? (I know you might think it's me but it's not it's my friend. My friend doesn't know I know. But I accidently read her diary.)

Hey girl! First of all, you "accidentally" read you friends diary?  There might be a reason she wants to keep these things personal.  And C needs to make sure she doesn't get in the middle of the fight.  I know it's hard, but she doesn't want to get in the middle of a fight where she might get hurt, so tell C to talk to a family member she trusts about the sitch. xoxo

Kate G.

by Rainbows_rawr on 8/28/2012 1:10:48 PM

MODMODMOD
hey... This is REALLY embarrassing! I talk to my mom about EVERYTHING except for this because its just so personal!

Hey girl! Unfortunately, whether it's right for you depends on how you feel about doing something against your religion.  What you're doing is safe and natural, but if you feel bad about it after, find other ways to feel good (like Yoga)! xoxo

Kate G.

by Indibrown10 on 8/28/2012 12:08:46 AM

It's not always fun being the nerd either...

by genieinabottle on 8/25/2012 4:19:44 PM

I have two questions:
1. I'm going into seventh grade, and taking AP (advanced placement) math as a regular class (I will be doing 8th grade math-- pre algebra), and Spanish, so I need some tips on how to study and remember things easiy (I have ADHD, so things that can attract my attention quite easily too)
2. I won one of the daily giveaways this week, and was wondering how often I could win, because I want to enter for next months grand prize.

Hey girl,

As for the prizes, you can win once every six weeks! As for study skills, try talking to each of your new teachers after class and asking for tips on how to learn the material. They will love your initiative and will probably have tons of great and helpful tips!

Meghan D.

by happyone123 on 8/24/2012 10:06:17 PM

Wow. I'm having the EXACT same problem! This helped.

by transform2314 on 8/24/2012 8:22:51 PM