AN HOUR AGO Find out your body confidence: #GLQuizzes http://t.co/rxV4mmtlqo

2 HOURS AGO Keep those brows in check! Follow these tricks on how to keep up with them: http://t.co/MaRLHigakT

3 HOURS AGO Treat that awful sunburn before it gets worse! How to save your skin: http://t.co/JOuY0NMjsd

COMMENTS

The easy move for totally toned thighs

Be a DIY thigh master with this anytime move you can do pretty much anywhere (though on stage at a school assembly isn’t exactly our first choice...

Mod mod mod mod mod Do you think 14 is a good age to start taking pilates? I really want to do it c:

Hey girl,

I don't think age is a factor as much as your fitness level, so if your parents are fine with you taking a class or using a pilates video, that's a great way to get toned!

Meghan D.

by MusicIsLove123 on 12/29/2012 10:11:55 PM

mod mod
hi. so, i play on my school's boys football team (we dont have a girls team, & im the only girl on the team), and lately ive been getting a lot of nasty comments from other girls, saying things like "shes only doing it to hook up with all the guys" and stuff like that- im not, i genuinely love football. ive been trying to ignore them, but its getting worse. what should i

Hey girl, I'm so sorry to hear that. First of all, it's awesome you're playing football because you're passionate about it. Do not let what those other girls say get to you. Take the high road and ignore them. If one makes a snide remark to your face, tell her flatly you're on the team because you love the game, not because you're trying to get with the guys playing it. So long as you know the truth and are proud to proclaim it, what those girls think won't matter (they're probably just jealous you do get to hang out with all those cool guys anyway).

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by dancergirl73 on 9/10/2012 8:25:57 PM

Mod mod mod
I didn't really do anything this summer except stay in my house all day (lame, I know.) So, I ended up gaining like 8 pounds! Never. Again. Plus, I already had a few pounds to lose. It's in my thighs, hips, booty, and my belly. How can I get rid of it ASAP? I want to be in the best shape ever by the end of the year so I can start off 2013 right. Which gives me a few months, but I really just want to shed this excess weight as soon as I can. I also have a really hard time keeping up with exercise routines. And eating healthy is a huge challenge for me, for some reason. Any tips?
By the way, I'm home schooled (*sigh* -- I hate it) so I can't join track or any sports or anything.
Thank you in advance!

Hey Graciegang, click this link http://www.girlslife.com/Search.aspx?q=exercise, for a whole range of articles on dieting and exercise tips! Good luck and hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Graciegang on 9/6/2012 11:35:55 PM

I keep on asking questions & when I check back for a response I see my comment & then an admins name or something at the end of the comment but no response! Whats going on.??!

Hannah H.

by VictoriaBieberz on 9/4/2012 3:58:09 PM

Hey! I have problem, I have HORRIBLE cardio. I am most definitely not over weight & I used to be a pro at the pacer test in school now when I attempt to run of the treadmill I can only run for about TWO minutes. What's going on & how can I increase my cardio big time?

Hannah H.

by VictoriaBieberz on 9/4/2012 3:14:05 PM

Mod mod mod
How can i feel more awake in the morning? I have to get up at 6 or earlier and even though i get 9+ hours of sleep i feel tired. How can i boost my energy? Thanks

Hannah H.

by Brookerb on 9/3/2012 9:15:59 AM

Mod mod mod
School starts tomarrow And i have gym 3rd hour every other day. My face gets really red really easily and my gym teacher make us run a lot. Then its emabarrassing to go to my next class! How can i keep this from happening? ThanksSmile

Hannah H.

by Brookerb on 9/3/2012 9:12:56 AM

Mod, MOD, MOD
My question was what are exercises for legs, thighs, and abs. Also if the G-life Healthy You program is still going on and if so could you give me the link plz.
Thanks

Hey girlie,

We still post Healthy You articles sometimes, but the official "program" is over for now. But you can still catch all the articles by going to the Healthy You Program tag - it's never too late to start from the beginning and work through them so you can get in shape! Plus, use the Healthy You journal on your profile to keep track of your fitness progress <3

+ http://www.girlslife.com/tag/healthy-you-program.aspx

As for leg, thigh and ab workouts, here are the tags to our faves! Good luck girl!

+ http://www.girlslife.com/tag/favorite-ab-workouts.aspx

+ http://www.girlslife.com/tag/lean-leg-workouts.aspx
Lauren C.

by lotsaluv101 on 8/30/2012 5:32:50 PM

MOD, MOD, MOD
If you look below, you only answered one of my questions... so if you could answer that now, that would be great!
Thanks!

Hey!

What was your question girlie?
Alexis G.

by lotsaluv101 on 8/30/2012 11:20:12 AM

MOD,MOD,MOD
What are some other leg and thigh exercises? Oh and and some abs and arm exercises? Well, basically I need all the kinds of workouts like full-body toning and such, Because I've been trying the GL workouts for like a month and im seeing results on my abs, but not much on my thighs and legs. Also, what are some healthy eating choices that I can make thats NOT almond butter (allergic) , plain or greek yougurt (bleh!). One more thing, when I was at the library I was reading your past issues and they talked about the g-life, healthy body, healthy you program. Is that still goning on and if so could you redirect me to it somehow? I need to loose weight and not just for the sake of dropping pounds and sizes, but for me and so I can start living a healthy life. Please be specific when answering my questions.
Thanks!

Hey girly, glad that your trying to live a healthier life!  Keep up with the GL excersizes and stay active and your bound to see results. It might just take some time. Look here for some healthy food ideas: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/06/27/Fuel-up-right-with-these-post-workout-eats.aspx
Lauren I.

by lotsaluv101 on 8/29/2012 2:53:21 PM

i really want to try this but i am confused on how to do it. Can you please explain it a little more!? i feel dumb asking but i just don't get what to do!

hey! So I think you just have to tense your muscles and then relax them and be sure to press your thighs against your fists and you push out with your fists. That exercises the thigh muscles Smile

Helen S.

by sbieber13 on 8/28/2012 7:07:21 PM

Awesome!

by fallsb-ball on 8/28/2012 11:54:28 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD whats the fastest working workout with thighs and abs?

Hey girl! Running engages your abs and thighs and helps slim them down! xoxo

Kate G.

by hawii12328 on 8/27/2012 11:28:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
So, I am 11, and I am obsessive over my calories. I am a vegan, gluten free girl. I am also an excessive dancer. Right now I probably have about 1,000 calories a day. I weigh like 85 pounds. What should I do? I feel like I eat less and less everyday now. I am worried...

Hey girl! It's good to realize that you are not eating healthfully.  You might want to take a leaf out of Lea Michele's (Rachel on Glee) book and go to being vegetarian instead of vegan for your health.  It'll give you an opportunity to eat more food and fuel your body.  xoxo

Kate G.

by WinnieGirlie on 8/27/2012 10:34:50 PM

Hey gals! Join Just the girls! It's a club where we talk about everything girl related: sports, health, makeup, hair, shopping, hobbies, GUYS, and EVERYTHING ELSE!!! Positions still open! Plz join!

by cousin11 on 8/27/2012 8:28:39 PM

Mod!
Is there any way to get rid of a double chin besides having to resort to cosmetic surgery? ... And I have a feeling that doing "neck exercises" will just result in having a thicker neck. It's really embarrassing and makes me feel self conscious. Help?

Hey!  you could do neck exercises, like you said, but I think the best way to deal with this is to accept this feature of yourself. You are beautiful just the way you are, and you'll feel better if you think that way too!

Helen S.

by sonnet on 8/27/2012 7:21:04 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
People ignore me and they don't give a ding if I'm hurt. Does that mean people don't care about me? I'm thinking about changing schools if people don't like me. Is that a good idea?

Hey! I'm sorry people seem to react to you that way, but don't give up, of course people care about you! Just keep putting yourself out there and trying to make friends. I know it's hard, but a positive attitude goes a long way and it does get better. Changing schools is a very personal decision that requires a lot of thought. I think you'll feel better about this if you talk to a parent or trusted adult and get their opinion too. good luck!

Helen S.

by transform2314 on 8/27/2012 6:43:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have headaches, like everyday. And when I have a headache, I never wanna get up and exercise cuz it hurts too bad. I normally take a Tylonol or an Ibprofuen and it works for a little while, but then a few hours later my head hurts again! What's causing this and how do I prevent it? Thanks so much!

hey! I would talk to your doctor, but in the mean time see if any of these tips work: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/03/19/what-to-do-and-how-to-deal-with-migraines.aspx hope this helps!

Helen S.

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 8/27/2012 6:17:58 PM

I am so insecure...I lost a bunch of weight last year by eating healthy and staying active...over the past few months I've been under a TON of stress so I've been compulsively over eating just for no reason. I'm up about 15 pounds and I hate it! I feel awful about myself and I can't find the motivation to get back into my healthy routine again. I'm so discouraged.
Please help.

Hey girl! Don't feel bad about yourself- everyone deals with stress differently, and everyone cracks under the pressure once in awhile.  Good for you for losing the weight and getting healthy last year! Think of this as a learning opportunity.  Now, you know when you're stressed, you tend to over eat.  Next time you get stressed, you can focus on finding healthy ways to relax, like yoga or eating HEALTHY snacks.  I promise you'll be able to get back on your healthy routine and be back to feeling good about yourself in no time! xoxo

Kate G.

by abbeyroad99 on 8/27/2012 4:53:15 PM

Hey girlies! Do you need advice?? It's Sunny, your advice queen!! Come over and join my club, ADVICE FOR YOU! If the mods havent answered your questions yet... I can! Just come on over! Top positions are going quickly! So please hurry!! Smile

Xoxo,
SunnySmile

by Sunny4132 on 8/27/2012 12:57:05 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
Please answer this right away!!! I have, like this bump on my cheek it feels and looks like a pimple, and I have another one on the other cheek directly across from it. What are these? And how can I get rid of them - I have picture day tomorrow and concealer won't cover it!!!

Hey chica! They are probably pimples, so put some pimple buster on them and ask your mom if you're really worried about them. xoxo

Kate G.

by Sarah510 on 8/27/2012 10:59:50 AM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
My school picture day is tomorrow and I have no idea what to wear!!! I have golden brown hair that goes down to my shoulders, carmel brown eyes, tan skin and the background is going to be ocean blue. It's either this peach lace top,,with ruffles, or an electric purple one shoulder top, with sequin burst embellishments. I have nnnoooo idea what to wear!!! Please answer right away!!!I want to look sweet, girly, and pretty. Help!!!

Hey chica! Try the peach top, it'll make you look really tan and stand out against the purple background! xoxo

Kate G.

by Sarah510 on 8/27/2012 9:45:07 AM

Come join my club Healthy Eats! Positions open!
Or come join my club the IT GIRL! Positions open!

by iheartparis101 on 8/27/2012 9:05:04 AM

OMG Thank you GL! This is so helpful Smile

by HappyFeet16 on 8/27/2012 8:04:38 AM

MOD I'm getting my upper lip waxed today, and I was just wondering how bad it hurts, and how long the pain lasts after it's over. Don't worry, I can handle the truth Smile How long will it stay red? Also, how long does my upper lip stay hairless for?
Thanks bunches!!! Smile

Hey chica! It doesn't hurt so much as sting (at least with eyebrows that's the case, I've never gotten my upper lip waxed).  It'll sting for about 3-4 minutes after and then be red for an hour or two.  Your lip should stay hairless for about a month after.  xoxo

Kate G.

by HappyFeet16 on 8/27/2012 8:04:14 AM

Never heard of that one before. Oh well, sounds like it worksLaughing

ATTENTION!!!!!!

Aloha! So, I have a new club. Yay! And I really want/need
new members! It's called "RaNdOmNeSs RuLeS!" and by the name of it, you can probs tell the club is going to be VERY random. And it is!!!! It's a place where you can be 100% yourself an NO ONE will judge you. Post random advice, updates, whatever. So if you're random (like meTong), please come join! I'm on mainly every day! Also, if you're interested in being an officer, go fill out the form on the club page ( 5 positions left!) Thanks so much!! ~Ann

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 8/27/2012 1:34:49 AM