13 HOURS AGO Make sure your first school dance is a night to remember!: http://t.co/cpIIIDwyjP

14 HOURS AGO Got a bad case of dance fever? Here's all the homecoming advice you need: http://t.co/f1AVsQG1cd

15 HOURS AGO Get up & be active with your BFF this fall w/ these fab and festive fall activities!: http://t.co/sIdZZkduFe

COMMENTS

Toys by the truckload: Ashley helps kids in need

When you’re little, toys are a big deal. Ashlee Smith, a 13-year-old from Reno, Nev., understands this – that’s why she started Ashlee’s Toy Closet...

Hey girl, I get what you mean, but because the pastor tells stories about helping people in similar situations, he will be able to help you with your situation. If your worried about people getting involved, if you call the number I gave you, they can give you better advice than I can without getting directly involved.

As far as the little boy, it sounds like he needs someone to teach him certain things, but it's not your responsibility. This is another reason why I think you should talk to someone else. I understand that you care a lot for him, but you have a lot of stress on you and I think you should share some of those stresses and worries with an adult who can help such as your pastor or a professional who answers the number I gave you.

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:48:18 PM

Mod mod mod the kids parents and cousins and stuff who are my age say I'm too protective of the kids and shouldent help them so much because ill be stuck with them getting in my way and expecting me to take care of them all the time when they need to learn to fend for themselves and stay out of the way and they need to learn themselves how to keep safe not have me intervene all the time but, it's really really hard to let go of them yknow what I mean?

hey girl, I know what you mean. I think you should talk to your youth pastor or another adult that you can further explain the situation to for more advice.

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:40:26 PM

Mod mod mod most of the other teens there and pastor are very very friendly, what's a way to show I apprechiate it?
Also sometimes it's a bit uncomfortable how friendly they are, they really look out for my well being while im there and I'm not used to that to the degree they do it

It's great that they are friendly and want to look out for you! You can show them that you appreciated just by a simple 'thank you' or giving them a smile. I'm sure that looking out for you and being kind makes them feel good too.
Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:35:56 PM

Hey girly, you could throw on some comfy jeans and a tank. I love looking at thrift stores or second hand stores for cute finds for cheap! If you want to look more awake and wide-eyed, swipe some mascara on your upper lashes, maybe add some lip gloss and just go. I wouldent worry about what you wear and just go and have fun! And you don't need to donate, people understand that not everyone can donate all the time and you prob won't be the only one not donating. It's good to know that the people there know what your going through even though things might hit too close to home. Feel free to talk to your youth pastor about anything you don't want to share in the group or don't feel like you can tell others.

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:31:45 PM

Hey girl, I understand that you need a break from time to time. If the children your talking about are in trouble that could endanger them, you need to tell an adult. If you don't want to tell a councelor or another parent, talk to a volunteer at youth group, a police officer or other public official, or a teacher. If you call the number I gave you, you can talk to someone anonymously about giving the kids help. You could also get help for yourself or get other ideas for resources. Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:24:53 PM

Hey girly, I def. think you should go. You might find a trusted adult to talk to there. It sounds like a great idea to get out of the house for a little while and do something you'll enjoy. Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:16:13 PM

Mod mod mod did u find out about the email question?

I haven't gotten a response yet. Try looking at this link.

For profile questions:

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:13:45 PM

Hey girly, I'm not trained to help you with this tough question. I'm glad your concerned about your health and I also want you to be healthy. I think you should try talking to a doctor. Also, the phone number I gave you is a great resource with a lot of helpful people and its completely confidential. Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:12:28 PM

Mod mod mod I'm homeschooled and can't attend school for multiple reasons like family issues, pure exhaustion, emotional issues, learning difficulties having too much else to do etc
Plus school isn't the right choice for me and the school system is too textbook format for my taste
But is there any online schools where u can do an hour or less a day?

Hey girl, I'm sure there are homeschooling options out there for you. Ask your librarian to help you look for the info.

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:09:48 PM

Mod mod mod thanks for all your help by the way

Your very welcome. I'm really glad I can help you.

Lauren I.