14 HOURS AGO How to rock runway hair IRL—see how this amazing teen athlete did it! http://t.co/mPo0TquIk9 #GLBeauty

15 HOURS AGO Sporty style goes chic! Tell us your fave outfit to win!: @OfficialNFLShop http://t.co/sJQuKtqiBw

16 HOURS AGO Does playing hard to get really work out? We have the scoop: http://t.co/aDqcgy19Dr

COMMENTS

Toys by the truckload: Ashley helps kids in need

When you’re little, toys are a big deal. Ashlee Smith, a 13-year-old from Reno, Nev., understands this – that’s why she started Ashlee’s Toy Closet...

Mod mod mod im having trouble taking care of kids
They aren't my kids legally or anything like that but they need being taken care of and I'm not doing such a great job at trying to make sure they are or providing for them or guiding them
I don't know where they are or who they're with half the time which is stressful
Also one of them has been calling me mommy and his mother is mad about it and screams at him about it and I've told him he doesn't need to call me mommy because his mom won't like it but he does anyway and he's constantly begging to live with me and me be his mommy but that isn't possible right now and I don't think it ever will be
I'm also often worried about them because they're always with this person or that and most of the time I don't know where they are
They also anoy me alot of the times and I can't Handle it but I don't want to hurt them but it's to the point sometimes I can't handle them and so I haven't been around them as much lately and i feel bad

Hey girl, you really have a lot on your plate! Way too much for someone your age. I think you should try talking to an adult, like a doctor, councelor, or someone else you can trust about what your going through. Check these out:

It will help to share your worries and concerns. If you feel yourself getting really angry at the kids, step away and take a walk, count to 20, take a deep breathe,  do whatever you can do regain control and talk to them calmly.

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:01:51 PM

Mod mod mod i need to prepare myself for having all adult responsibilities though I'm a teen and that's hard as I can't drive, are still looking for a job, are trying to educate myself, aren't in good health and don't really have the guidance I need to do so and I have to do all this while trying to take care of two households
Well more like one and one fourth but still /:
And I honestly think I'm learning disabled

Hey girl, having all those responsibilities must be really rough. It might help to find a positive adult role model you can talk to. Try having a conversation with a teacher, friend's parent, councelor or coach.

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 2:50:18 PM

Mod mod mod do you know if there are any online schools where you only have an hour or less schoolwork a day and that isn't super challenging and has a lot of hands on stuff
Someone is supposed to send a letter of intent about me being homeschooled but I don't think they're going to anytime soon and I can't because I'm underage but, I want to be able to graduate and not be considered a drop out, I don't want to do online school but it's looking like it may be my only choice../:

Hey girly, school is really important and I'm glad your trying to finish! An online school sounds like a good alternative to a school that you attend in a building everyday (tho that is prob the easiest way to go). Try googling or doing research at a library!

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 2:45:04 PM

Mod mod mod private please
I think u missed a few of my questions or they didnt go through

Hey girl! They went through, I'm still working on them. Hold tight!

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 2:40:14 PM

Hey girly, I'm trying to protect your privacy best I can. I'm asking around the office about your email question and will get back to you. xoxoxo Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 2:39:04 PM

Hey girl, I understand that phone calls can get awkward, especially when we're so used to text messaging.  My advice it to just push through and get it out. And about that number, all I can do is assure you that it is completely, 100% anonymous and there is no way anyone will know that you called.

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 2:36:40 PM

Hey girl,  try setting up a pre-exam appointment to talk to your doctor about your concerns. They are there to listen and help! There might be a couple of things your doc can do to make the appointment easier. But remember, taking this trip to your doctor is completely your choice. If you are really uncomfortable, you don't have to have the procedure done. You may be able to find different ways to help your skin and time of the month.

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 2:31:24 PM

Mod mod mod
I like having friends over but I'm kind of embarrassed about my environment..and I can't change it

Hey chica, if your really uncomfortable at home, you could have get togethers at a friend's house or in a public space.

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 2:25:13 PM

Mod mod mod
I'm trying to get a homeschool group going
What are some good field trips to do?
Do you think me having social interaction is a good or bad idea?
It's hard to trust people..

Hey girl, I think a home school group sounds like a fun idea.  You could take a trip to the zoo, a museum, a park, or any other hot tourist spot.

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 2:23:55 PM

Hey girly, this is all between us. I really want you to talk to someone and get the help you need but I'm not trained to talk to you about tough stuff. Please contact thenineline.org/1-800-999-9999

It's all anonymous and someone will be there to talk and listen.

Lauren I.