2 HOURS AGO This #GLgirl gives you the scoop on gorg glowing skin: http://t.co/iY3iYtAtF7

5 HOURS AGO Currently swooning over these adorbs beach bags: http://t.co/GT2oH9Il1x

6 HOURS AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

COMMENTS

Toys by the truckload: Ashley helps kids in need

When you’re little, toys are a big deal. Ashlee Smith, a 13-year-old from Reno, Nev., understands this – that’s why she started Ashlee’s Toy Closet...

The website is wrong. It is ashleetoycloset.ort

by monopolyandpenny2000 on 9/21/2012 10:42:30 AM

That is wonderful. My parents do something around Christmas where they buy, wrap and give gifts. We help and its not only fun but it makes you feel good that you are helping someone.

by fashionqn on 9/14/2012 9:55:31 PM

Hey Girlies!
My name is Haley and I'm a sophomore in high school. Do any of you need advice? I've been through it all, so ask away!
You can ask me anything! Just leave a comment on my profile and I'll answer on your as soon as possible! Hope to hear from you!

by haleyhay3 on 9/2/2012 7:22:33 PM

I want her to go 2 my school

by peppercyndaquil13 on 9/1/2012 10:16:06 PM

Help!!! I have to get my two top canine teeth pulled at the end of september, which means for a couple months I'll have VERY noticeable gaps in my mouth when most of the kids in my grade (7th) have lost all of theirs! What do I do to conceal them?
Also, 3 weeks ago I got my first period, and today is day two of my second one! Is this normal?!?! HELP!!!!!!

Hey girlie,

First off, having "irregular" periods is TOTALLY normal! Doctors say you'll get your period about every 28 days, but it doesn't happen that way every month. Some girls' cycles will last longer and some will be shorter. Sometimes, it depends on the month because so many things can affect your period - changes in stress, sleep patterns, diet, exercise, etc. Don't sweat it Smile As for those gaps, I know it'll feel weird at first because it's such a drastic change. But I'll bet you have a plan for those gaps - either your "adult" teeth will grow in, you'll get braces to straighten your teeth and pull them around, false teeth in those holes, etc. Talk to your parents and dentist to see what you can do. In the meantime though, OWN your smile! If you smile confidently and love it yourself, no one will be shocked by the gaps. You could even smile without teeth for now, until you feel more comfy Smile

Lauren C.

by turnonthemusic1 on 8/30/2012 8:57:23 PM

Mod mod mod
I havdnt got to go to a dentist in years and my teeth are really bad, what's a way to get healthier teeth?

Hey girl, just brush and floss every day! xoxox

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 4:06:16 PM

Mod mod mod
Do you think I should just let him learn when he chooses to? He doesn't have teachers

Hey girl, I wouldent worry about teaching him.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 4:04:16 PM

Mod mod mod I think one of the babies I try to take care of that's really premature might be sick
Is it normal for babies to throw up when you burp them?

Hey girl, babies do tend to spit up sometimes, especially while your burping them. Use a burp cloth or paper towel so you dont get spit up on yourself. If your really worried contact a doctor.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 4:00:01 PM

Mod mod mod
I havent seen a few of the children in a long time nor the parents of those few I'm very worried about them and I know there's been huge fights with everyone so would it be out of place to ask where those people I haven't seen are? I really hope I'll see them again and they're ok and safe
Oh and the youth group is a thing at a church where we listen to music and play games and stuff

Hey girl, the youth group sounds great, and fun! It might not be out of line to ask about your friends that you havent seen in awhile. Just ask casually where they've been or if you can play with them soon.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:56:04 PM

Mod mod mod I think I need to teach one of the kids how to read but I know he won't cooperate
Should I just let it go and let him wait and learn when he's ready or should I try to make him learn?

Hey girl, it's nice that you want to help and it might be fun to read to him, but your not a teacher and its not your responsibility to make him learn, especially if he doesnt want to.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:52:32 PM

Hey girl, I get what you mean, but because the pastor tells stories about helping people in similar situations, he will be able to help you with your situation. If your worried about people getting involved, if you call the number I gave you, they can give you better advice than I can without getting directly involved.

As far as the little boy, it sounds like he needs someone to teach him certain things, but it's not your responsibility. This is another reason why I think you should talk to someone else. I understand that you care a lot for him, but you have a lot of stress on you and I think you should share some of those stresses and worries with an adult who can help such as your pastor or a professional who answers the number I gave you.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:48:18 PM

Mod mod mod the kids parents and cousins and stuff who are my age say I'm too protective of the kids and shouldent help them so much because ill be stuck with them getting in my way and expecting me to take care of them all the time when they need to learn to fend for themselves and stay out of the way and they need to learn themselves how to keep safe not have me intervene all the time but, it's really really hard to let go of them yknow what I mean?

hey girl, I know what you mean. I think you should talk to your youth pastor or another adult that you can further explain the situation to for more advice.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:40:26 PM

Mod mod mod most of the other teens there and pastor are very very friendly, what's a way to show I apprechiate it?
Also sometimes it's a bit uncomfortable how friendly they are, they really look out for my well being while im there and I'm not used to that to the degree they do it

It's great that they are friendly and want to look out for you! You can show them that you appreciated just by a simple 'thank you' or giving them a smile. I'm sure that looking out for you and being kind makes them feel good too.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:35:56 PM

Hey girly, you could throw on some comfy jeans and a tank. I love looking at thrift stores or second hand stores for cute finds for cheap! If you want to look more awake and wide-eyed, swipe some mascara on your upper lashes, maybe add some lip gloss and just go. I wouldent worry about what you wear and just go and have fun! And you don't need to donate, people understand that not everyone can donate all the time and you prob won't be the only one not donating. It's good to know that the people there know what your going through even though things might hit too close to home. Feel free to talk to your youth pastor about anything you don't want to share in the group or don't feel like you can tell others.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:31:45 PM

Hey girl, I understand that you need a break from time to time. If the children your talking about are in trouble that could endanger them, you need to tell an adult. If you don't want to tell a councelor or another parent, talk to a volunteer at youth group, a police officer or other public official, or a teacher. If you call the number I gave you, you can talk to someone anonymously about giving the kids help. You could also get help for yourself or get other ideas for resources. Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:24:53 PM

Hey girly, I def. think you should go. You might find a trusted adult to talk to there. It sounds like a great idea to get out of the house for a little while and do something you'll enjoy. Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:16:13 PM

Mod mod mod did u find out about the email question?

I haven't gotten a response yet. Try looking at this link.

For profile questions:

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:13:45 PM

Hey girly, I'm not trained to help you with this tough question. I'm glad your concerned about your health and I also want you to be healthy. I think you should try talking to a doctor. Also, the phone number I gave you is a great resource with a lot of helpful people and its completely confidential. Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:12:28 PM

Mod mod mod I'm homeschooled and can't attend school for multiple reasons like family issues, pure exhaustion, emotional issues, learning difficulties having too much else to do etc
Plus school isn't the right choice for me and the school system is too textbook format for my taste
But is there any online schools where u can do an hour or less a day?

Hey girl, I'm sure there are homeschooling options out there for you. Ask your librarian to help you look for the info.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:09:48 PM

Mod mod mod thanks for all your help by the way

Your very welcome. I'm really glad I can help you.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:05:01 PM

Mod mod mod im having trouble taking care of kids
They aren't my kids legally or anything like that but they need being taken care of and I'm not doing such a great job at trying to make sure they are or providing for them or guiding them
I don't know where they are or who they're with half the time which is stressful
Also one of them has been calling me mommy and his mother is mad about it and screams at him about it and I've told him he doesn't need to call me mommy because his mom won't like it but he does anyway and he's constantly begging to live with me and me be his mommy but that isn't possible right now and I don't think it ever will be
I'm also often worried about them because they're always with this person or that and most of the time I don't know where they are
They also anoy me alot of the times and I can't Handle it but I don't want to hurt them but it's to the point sometimes I can't handle them and so I haven't been around them as much lately and i feel bad

Hey girl, you really have a lot on your plate! Way too much for someone your age. I think you should try talking to an adult, like a doctor, councelor, or someone else you can trust about what your going through. Check these out:

It will help to share your worries and concerns. If you feel yourself getting really angry at the kids, step away and take a walk, count to 20, take a deep breathe,  do whatever you can do regain control and talk to them calmly.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 3:01:51 PM

Mod mod mod i need to prepare myself for having all adult responsibilities though I'm a teen and that's hard as I can't drive, are still looking for a job, are trying to educate myself, aren't in good health and don't really have the guidance I need to do so and I have to do all this while trying to take care of two households
Well more like one and one fourth but still /:
And I honestly think I'm learning disabled

Hey girl, having all those responsibilities must be really rough. It might help to find a positive adult role model you can talk to. Try having a conversation with a teacher, friend's parent, councelor or coach.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 2:50:18 PM

Mod mod mod do you know if there are any online schools where you only have an hour or less schoolwork a day and that isn't super challenging and has a lot of hands on stuff
Someone is supposed to send a letter of intent about me being homeschooled but I don't think they're going to anytime soon and I can't because I'm underage but, I want to be able to graduate and not be considered a drop out, I don't want to do online school but it's looking like it may be my only choice../:

Hey girly, school is really important and I'm glad your trying to finish! An online school sounds like a good alternative to a school that you attend in a building everyday (tho that is prob the easiest way to go). Try googling or doing research at a library!

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 2:45:04 PM

Mod mod mod private please
I think u missed a few of my questions or they didnt go through

Hey girl! They went through, I'm still working on them. Hold tight!

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 2:40:14 PM

Hey girly, I'm trying to protect your privacy best I can. I'm asking around the office about your email question and will get back to you. xoxoxo Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 2:39:04 PM

Hey girl, I understand that phone calls can get awkward, especially when we're so used to text messaging.  My advice it to just push through and get it out. And about that number, all I can do is assure you that it is completely, 100% anonymous and there is no way anyone will know that you called.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 2:36:40 PM

Hey girl,  try setting up a pre-exam appointment to talk to your doctor about your concerns. They are there to listen and help! There might be a couple of things your doc can do to make the appointment easier. But remember, taking this trip to your doctor is completely your choice. If you are really uncomfortable, you don't have to have the procedure done. You may be able to find different ways to help your skin and time of the month.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 2:31:24 PM

Mod mod mod
I like having friends over but I'm kind of embarrassed about my environment..and I can't change it

Hey chica, if your really uncomfortable at home, you could have get togethers at a friend's house or in a public space.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 2:25:13 PM

Mod mod mod
I'm trying to get a homeschool group going
What are some good field trips to do?
Do you think me having social interaction is a good or bad idea?
It's hard to trust people..

Hey girl, I think a home school group sounds like a fun idea.  You could take a trip to the zoo, a museum, a park, or any other hot tourist spot.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 2:23:55 PM

Hey girly, this is all between us. I really want you to talk to someone and get the help you need but I'm not trained to talk to you about tough stuff. Please contact thenineline.org/1-800-999-9999

It's all anonymous and someone will be there to talk and listen.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 2:03:36 PM

Mod mod mod can you please keep this private?
If I talk to you about something serious are you required to report it?
Also please don't email me for serious stuff
I borrowed someone's email to make this account

Hey girly, I'm not going to send an email so don't worry.  Please check out the link I sent you in the last post and if you want someone to talk to one-on-one give a call to thenineline.org/1-800-999-9999 . You can talk to a counselor and its completely anonymous. It won't even show up on your phone bill! So you can talk to a professional without worrying. Good luck, babe. Xoxoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 1:56:32 PM

Hey girl, I can't remove your username so I took out your question to protect your privacy like you wanted. I understand your hesitation to talk to a counselor, though they are trained to help you and I'm sure they have whats best for you in mind. I'd also like you to look at this page: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx  You might find it helpful! I very much doubt that you are a "bad kid;" people just deal with hard stuff in different ways and sometimes others don't understand right away. And I'm so glad that you've discovered that you love painting! Painting is a great hobby and can help relieve stress. Wishing you the best! xoxoxo Lauren I. Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 1:45:33 PM

mod mod mod how was your day?

Hey girl, my day is going great! While I appreciate your interest, us mods get so many questions from girls that need advice, that we don't have time to have conversations about ourselves so if you're just looking to chat, please leave questions or comments on our individual profiles. xoxoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 1:24:00 PM

mod mod mod
what was some ofyour fave field trips?

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 1:22:13 PM

mod mod mod
what kind of schooling did u do growing up?
what was some of your fave activiites?

Hey girly, if your looking for new activities to join, there are lots to choose from! I did chorus and the environmental club in school. There is something for everyone so try some out.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 1:20:23 PM

mod mod mod
Hi Kate!
How are you?

Hey girl, to get in contact with Kate, try leaving a comment directly on her profile! xoxo

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 1:18:02 PM

how do i respectfully ask a few of my friends who do habits I don't want brought into group events i have to not bring the things or do them there and they don't correctly participate in the activities we do and they often change things
I don't mind so much at non-group parties and when i just hang out with them but when my educational group and things has activities i don't want problems
Would it be rude to quit inviting them to the educational events and just hang out with them outside of it?

Hey girly, before you stop inviting your friends, calmly talk to them about how you feel. Let them know that you love hanging out with them, but that specific behavior makes you uncomfortable or you find it to be inappropriate in that environment.  If they continue being inappropriate in an educational environment then maybe hangout with them only in less academic settings. good luck.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 1:16:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm in charge of organizing and planning around 75 events for a group a year
It's mainly a thing for homeschoolers,however some aren't homeschooled anymore and some never were but they still participate and some have graduated high school
the ages is pretty much from middle schoolers to college aged kids and we're all pretty much stepping stones in ages
I need ideas like simple crafts,games and recipes we can do at my house as well as ideas for inexpensive field trips
There is usually anywhere between 3 and 20 people per event
We generally keep everything PG-13 and although we want it to be fun we need some educational stuff in there too
Also easy-to-learn skits we could do like pieces out of shakespeare and things like that would be helpful
Thanks! Please be thorough

Hey girl! All of your event ideas sound great! This site if full of awesome ideas (too many to post here!), so try looking in the "recipes" and "rock your weekend" sections and searching for anything from "sleepover ideas" (you can modify them for your events) to "babysitting" and see what ideas you have! xoxo

Kate G.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 8/29/2012 1:04:02 PM

MOD So I'm considering using a brand of hair removal cream to get rid of some hair on my upper lip, but I'm afraid that I might get a chemical burn (I know to do a test patch on my skin first). My mom said my other option is to wax it off. The only thing is I'm going to a party on Thursday and I'm afraid my lip might still be a little red. I don;t know what to do! I just want to look good for the party this thursday!! Thanks!!! Smile

Hey girlie,

Don't sweat it! I get my upper lip/eyebrows waxed, and it only stays red for about an hour after the waxing. There is much less risk of burning/peeling/unexpected side effects when you wax, so I think that might be your best bet for the party. Schedule the wax for Tuesday or Wednesday if possible - that way, the redness will definitely be gone but the hair won't have had a chance to grow back yet Smile

Lauren C.

by HappyFeet16 on 8/26/2012 9:33:24 AM

really gr8, but there's a typo. its true that every act counts

by kewauneegal on 8/26/2012 9:32:48 AM

Wow this is so inspirational!!!

by pretty123 on 8/26/2012 12:33:20 AM