1 HOURS AGO 19+ stellar polishes to primp in: http://t.co/hHcERJybSS

13 HOURS AGO Hey fit chicks, say hello to your new favorite workout: http://t.co/GZ50ygVlNX

16 HOURS AGO Which character from @thegivermovie are you? Take the quiz and find out: http://t.co/V1rdFyMROQ

COMMENTS

In the News: First day nightmare

Perry Hall High School in Baltimore County, Maryland had the worst first day imaginable today when a student brought a gun to school. A 17-year-old student with...

Also (because I forgot this in my previous comment) don't think that just because you don't go to whatever school or live near whatever city n't happen to you. This can happen anywhere. The place where this happened is (not was, IS)one of the safest communities in the area.

Also, don't assume that just because there was a shooting that this school is a bad school. It is a great school and it only takes one crazy personn to mess things up for everyone. Columbine was also a pretty high-class school. Not that Columbine was like this, but you get my point.

by jonastwilight on 8/30/2012 3:55:37 PM

This is awful! What is wrong with the world these days?? This is one of the reasons why I'm glad to live in a small community and go to a small school.. You never hear the talk of those things around here

by 99Jade86 on 8/30/2012 3:30:05 PM

omg thats so mean whats wrong with this world right now Frown Hannah H.

by arianagrandeforever on 8/30/2012 1:29:03 PM

Oh please, you should see other countries. The students die everyday.

by prettylollipop21 on 8/30/2012 2:40:21 AM

What's happening to us? Shootings in schools, streets, movie theaters, even in TEMPLES!!! I wish the best for that family.

by jayjay927 on 8/29/2012 11:10:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MODY MOD
I have a HUGE fear of stuff like this happening. I live not too far from an important city so I have fears of terrorist attacks. Whenever a school shooting comes up I get nervous, but now I'm terrified since I'm starting high school! The school I go to is big, but still. How do I deal with these fears!!?? Please help!!

Hey girl! Remember that the reason stuff like this makes the news is because it's SO RARE.  Out of thousands and thousands of schools in the country, one school every once in a while has an incident.  Schools are usually safe places, so remember that! xoxo

Kate G.

by emmyie11 on 8/29/2012 7:06:13 AM

A girl was stabbed at my school a few years ago. She was a random victim; in thw wrong place at the wrong time. Luckily she survived, but school here has felt very unsafe since.

by thumperella14 on 8/28/2012 6:44:55 PM

MOD!!!!!!!MOD!!! My school is so hypocritical! Last year a student I WAS friends with threatened to shoot three girls,including my best friend. He was caught with a gun at a football game, and expelled. My friend and I were so relieved. And yet the school has allowed the gun man to return this year. I'm terrified, I don't trust him, now I don't trust my administrators. They say they're doing everything to make the school "safe", then why'd they let him back? My best friend is terrified she's been diagnosed with anxiety because of it. How can I help her to feel safe again?

hey! that's awful! I can't believe your school would allow him back. You should tell your parents, all of you, so that they can contact the administrators and find out exactly what measures are being taken to keep your friend and everyone else safe. Since she was explicitly threatened that should be the school's priority. good luck!

Helen S.

by arg5890 on 8/28/2012 5:39:42 PM

Some of you are making assumptions and I'd like to clear things up.

The student was not targeted. He was shot at random as far as the authorities know. That does not under any circumstances excuse the shooting, but please get all of the information before you make judgements.

by JonasTwilight on 8/28/2012 3:05:19 PM

That is horrendous and the worst first day imaginable! School's need to be a safe learning environment for everyone!

by fallsb-ball on 8/28/2012 12:11:27 PM