AN HOUR AGO Who run the world? GIRLS!...and tampons. Meet two teens who are changing the perception on periods: http://t.co/NJyhP2nt2Y #inthenews

2 HOURS AGO Oh, you thought water couldn't get any healthier? Meet our fruity and refreshing fixes: http://t.co/bguQmKYK3E #RECIPES

3 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway: 10 gals strut in style with a pair of Airwalk’s Parker shoes: http://t.co/exBiydHo2V

COMMENTS

In the News: First day nightmare

Perry Hall High School in Baltimore County, Maryland had the worst first day imaginable today when a student brought a gun to school. A 17-year-old student with...

this is terrible Frown i hate all the social issues. u know the greek mythology story about pandora? well i wish she never opened that stupid box that had everything bad. >Frown

by pandasrock292 on 10/1/2012 5:37:57 PM

Now I'm so scared. My 7-year-old brother has autism, and he gets teased a lot. I'm afraid that when he gets to high school, his big sister won't be there to protect him and he could get hurt.

mailyse f.

by bananaface13 on 10/1/2012 2:43:39 PM

This is horrible. I can only hope that steps to stop this sort of thing are put place.

by Lilyonthego on 9/19/2012 4:42:24 PM

this is just so un-exceptable. i think to make school better they need to talk to kids every other day like they do at kettle moraine middle school and i hate that school but anyway, they need to talk to kids more

by hottie1250 on 9/8/2012 9:28:07 PM

Mod:
did you get my comment earlier? Please respond...I'm freaking out from the stress of that whole situation and help would be great

by gleevamp101 on 9/7/2012 2:16:21 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that! Try calling the NINELINE at 1-800-999-9999 or http://nineline.org/

This is an anonymous site that is totally private.
mailyse f.

by Gleevamp101 on 9/7/2012 1:51:29 PM

Make guns illegal to anyone under 21. Start a non-violence campaign. Have a meeting about making rules to prevent violence.

by peppercyndaquil13 on 9/1/2012 8:55:45 PM

THIS IS JUST AWFUL WHATS WRONG WITH THE WORLD THESE DAYS. THIS SORT OF THING CAN HAPPEN ANYWHERE SO IT COULD BE AN AWESOME SCHOOL BUT ONE PERSON CAN CHANGE A WHOLE CITY FOREVER. MY LOVE GOES OUT TO THE FAMILY OF THE INJURED BOY.

SO SAD

by ccmarie123 on 8/30/2012 8:58:42 PM

Oh, and the gun discharged accidentlly from what the polive can tell, he wasnt aiming for that guy necessarily

by Kstar101 on 8/30/2012 4:34:18 PM

Perry Hall isnt that far from where i live. it is such a tragedy, SOMETHING needs to be done. Too many people get hurt in these exact scenerios, and often it's a direct resut of bullying. My thoughts and prayers are with the family of the injured boy.
btw @prettylollipop21, just because it happens in other countries doesnt make it right or any less tragic

by Kstar101 on 8/30/2012 4:27:53 PM

Also (because I forgot this in my previous comment) don't think that just because you don't go to whatever school or live near whatever city n't happen to you. This can happen anywhere. The place where this happened is (not was, IS)one of the safest communities in the area.

Also, don't assume that just because there was a shooting that this school is a bad school. It is a great school and it only takes one crazy personn to mess things up for everyone. Columbine was also a pretty high-class school. Not that Columbine was like this, but you get my point.

by jonastwilight on 8/30/2012 3:55:37 PM

This is awful! What is wrong with the world these days?? This is one of the reasons why I'm glad to live in a small community and go to a small school.. You never hear the talk of those things around here

by 99Jade86 on 8/30/2012 3:30:05 PM

omg thats so mean whats wrong with this world right now Frown Hannah H.

by arianagrandeforever on 8/30/2012 1:29:03 PM

Oh please, you should see other countries. The students die everyday.

by prettylollipop21 on 8/30/2012 2:40:21 AM

What's happening to us? Shootings in schools, streets, movie theaters, even in TEMPLES!!! I wish the best for that family.

by jayjay927 on 8/29/2012 11:10:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MODY MOD
I have a HUGE fear of stuff like this happening. I live not too far from an important city so I have fears of terrorist attacks. Whenever a school shooting comes up I get nervous, but now I'm terrified since I'm starting high school! The school I go to is big, but still. How do I deal with these fears!!?? Please help!!

Hey girl! Remember that the reason stuff like this makes the news is because it's SO RARE.  Out of thousands and thousands of schools in the country, one school every once in a while has an incident.  Schools are usually safe places, so remember that! xoxo

Kate G.

by emmyie11 on 8/29/2012 7:06:13 AM

A girl was stabbed at my school a few years ago. She was a random victim; in thw wrong place at the wrong time. Luckily she survived, but school here has felt very unsafe since.

by thumperella14 on 8/28/2012 6:44:55 PM

MOD!!!!!!!MOD!!! My school is so hypocritical! Last year a student I WAS friends with threatened to shoot three girls,including my best friend. He was caught with a gun at a football game, and expelled. My friend and I were so relieved. And yet the school has allowed the gun man to return this year. I'm terrified, I don't trust him, now I don't trust my administrators. They say they're doing everything to make the school "safe", then why'd they let him back? My best friend is terrified she's been diagnosed with anxiety because of it. How can I help her to feel safe again?

hey! that's awful! I can't believe your school would allow him back. You should tell your parents, all of you, so that they can contact the administrators and find out exactly what measures are being taken to keep your friend and everyone else safe. Since she was explicitly threatened that should be the school's priority. good luck!

Helen S.

by arg5890 on 8/28/2012 5:39:42 PM

Some of you are making assumptions and I'd like to clear things up.

The student was not targeted. He was shot at random as far as the authorities know. That does not under any circumstances excuse the shooting, but please get all of the information before you make judgements.

by JonasTwilight on 8/28/2012 3:05:19 PM

That is horrendous and the worst first day imaginable! School's need to be a safe learning environment for everyone!

by fallsb-ball on 8/28/2012 12:11:27 PM

That's awful and sad and frankly just plain wrong! That is the worst day imaginable, wow. People can be so heartless when it comes to people who aren't like them!

by angel29 on 8/28/2012 11:34:47 AM

Oh my gosh. Just because someone is different doesn't mean you need to SHOOT them.So, they're a little different than others, but come on... that's just plain heartless. Now I'm a little scared to go to school now.....

by girlscupcakespitbulls on 8/28/2012 10:53:53 AM

the world has go mad!!!! i dont like that you cant go to school with out worrying you could get shot!!!!! this is horrible and i hope my children dont have to worry about this!!!!

by Prim on 8/28/2012 8:30:33 AM

That is awful!

by iRead on 8/28/2012 6:35:03 AM

On my fifth day of school, there was a lockdown because a guy with a gun came onto my high school during lunch. It was really scary. School is supposed to be safe! This is all very upsetting to see similar situations all over the country. I am scared to go places because of these things that happen. I hope that the boy that got shot ends up okay. Nobody at my school got hurt. Remember chicas: report suspicious people! You could save a life. <3

by cali princess on 8/28/2012 2:18:47 AM

That's so sad! I would be so so frightened.

by monicaisfabuluz on 8/28/2012 12:07:00 AM

OMG!!! That's terrible... I wonder if he was aiming for that special needs kid on purpose or if he just shot him randomly. I totally agree with you Cutie00 it is scary. I mean my school isn't the best in the world but at least I can go to school without worrying that some kid is gonna bring a gun to school.

by IDKBoys on 8/28/2012 12:00:49 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
All of these articles make me not want to go to school because I am scared I am going to get killed or witness a shooting!

Hey chica! Remember that this happens only every once in awhile- schools are usually a really safe place to be! xoxo

Kate G.

by WinnieGirlie on 8/27/2012 10:32:38 PM

Y are there suddenly so many shootings? What is this world coming to when you can't even go to school with out worrying

by Cutie00 on 8/27/2012 9:28:15 PM

oh my gosh i'm about to cry. why would someone shoot someone with special needs? heartless...

by myfatsquirrel on 8/27/2012 9:15:46 PM

OMG, what a scary moment!!! If only all kids had some sense...

by TresSapphire on 8/27/2012 9:03:33 PM

OMG!!! What a horrific crisis!! And it was a special needs student! If only kids could have some sense...

by TresSapphire on 8/27/2012 9:00:10 PM

Thats so so terrible. And that is one reason I am glad to be homeschooled!

by ceahorse on 8/27/2012 8:54:47 PM

OMG that's sooo bad!! Thank the lord our school has a sort of ting, when you come into the class they check your bags/backpacks for any weapons and when anything out of the norm happens we have a lockdown.

by taylor_swift_luvr13 on 8/27/2012 8:20:00 PM

OMG i am now scared! my school is smack dab in the middle of the ghetto part of our town too!

by pointeshoegrl on 8/27/2012 7:44:26 PM

that so scary! my bro is special needs and if that happend to him i dont know what i would do! that school needs a better security system!

by purplegirl1753 on 8/27/2012 7:42:30 PM

that's just heartbreaking. I pray that he will be ok...

by liliesandroses on 8/27/2012 7:31:37 PM

What kind of jerk has a special needs kid for target. I mean not to be rude but my brother has special needs and  i love him so much. I love you Elijah! Helen S.

by kenziebieber7 on 8/27/2012 7:29:01 PM

What my school does is the boys tuck their shirts in. We havnt had any accidents since. (By accidents i mean shootings).

by BandGeek134 on 8/27/2012 7:08:08 PM

That's probably really nerve racking for freshmen just starting high school. O_o

by sweetie99 on 8/27/2012 6:54:27 PM

One of the many reasons I am happy to be in Cali instead of Baltimore. It's not terrible, but if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, you are defiantly in trouble. I'm thankful this didn't happen at  the high school my friend stared going to today. Helen S.

by CherryGirl316 on 8/27/2012 6:44:07 PM

Oh, and occurences like this are no more common than they were fifty years ago, but the news blows everything out of proportion. Also, to the people who are asking why fifteen year olds own guns, over 75% of households have at least one firearm.. Some people like to hunt.

by puffinlover99 on 8/27/2012 6:36:59 PM

The day before our school and neighbor school started, a girl was killed in a hit and run accident while walking home from her part time job at the local ice cream shop.

Please give a moment of your thought for Karen (the girl).

by Jetdoggy24 on 8/27/2012 6:35:38 PM

I don't think it's really fair to throw the poor kid to the wolves. You don't know the whole story, and he could have been in a bad situation,

by puffinlover99 on 8/27/2012 6:30:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
So there is his new guy at my school who is really cute and it hink i have a crush on him. ive talked to him and he seems really cool. the only problem is a ton of girls like him and have asked him out already and he said no. he said he is going to ask out one of my best friends and she is going to say yes. HELP! what should i do???? thanks in advanced and sorry for all of my questions!
-laney<3

Hey! don't be sorry, we mods are here to help! If you think he's going to ask your friend out there's not a lot you can do, so you may have to take some steps to get over him. It can be hard, but on the site we have a lot of articles under get a bf/ splitsville to help you guys sort out feelings like this. My advice with most boy situations is to wait and see what happens, because he might not ask your friend out at all, ya just don't know. good luck girl!

Helen S.

by socestar8 on 8/27/2012 6:23:35 PM

MOD MOD

by socestar8 on 8/27/2012 6:20:13 PM

My thoughts and prayers go out to the one that was wounded, and his family. i hope you get well soon!

by butterflygirl14 on 8/27/2012 6:13:21 PM

2 years ago my school had the same incident except no one was shot. Some had a gun a threatened to shoot a guy I knew they (the school)had to lock all the doors in the school. Plus he (the victim) was so scared he started crying. They continued school after the caught him (the problem starter)

by Purple_purple on 8/27/2012 6:05:17 PM

I I'll definitely be thinking of that kid and will always be against bullying!!!

by Rizzle1515 on 8/27/2012 5:36:21 PM

what person in there right mind would do such a thing?

by bking62 on 8/27/2012 5:32:58 PM

What the heck is wrong now? What the heck is up with all these shootings? Why are people using guns? It's not necessary. Most people who use guns use it for amusement. How the heck is it fun! Every one who uses a gun for reasons like this are sick! They need help! There's no need for a gun! Leave people alone let them live their life! The kid is 15 why do you have a gun! I don't understand what would poses people to do or even think about it. Yall are sick! That guy from the movie theater was sick! That guy from that shooting in Arizona was sick! Every person who's been shooting people in schools are sick! It's a freaking SHAME!

by Princess Keziyah on 8/27/2012 5:20:06 PM

I honestly don't know why, but as of now I think all of the shootings are linked, starting with Starting with the Aurora, Col. movie theater... Don't judge me, I just have a feeling... My prayers to all of the students, shooter, the victim, and the victim's family. They shouldn't have had to go through this, they didn't deserve it.. No one does.

by happyone123 on 8/27/2012 5:02:22 PM

I will definitely have them in my prayers god please watch over them...<3

by bunniac13 on 8/27/2012 4:55:32 PM

I hope the boy gets better.

by genieinabottle on 8/27/2012 4:53:49 PM

OMG! im praying for the person who was shot and their family as well. so horrible.
In every public high school in my city, has metal detectors, so no one brings gun into the schools, so a lot of the people and my friends, who go to the public schools, have to get there early to get in and through

by j4zm09 on 8/27/2012 4:50:42 PM

Feel better Frown

by topchef88 on 8/27/2012 4:42:55 PM

What lunatic would ever want to shoot someone? Gosh, I am right there with Sparksfly. What has the world come to today? I mean,the Hunger Games future is seeming to become a lot more practical now (sorry, though, no Peeta.)

by emily6119 on 8/27/2012 4:30:15 PM

i feel so bad !!! i know people who live there and i just thank my lucky stars they are okay!

by raeshrimp on 8/27/2012 4:25:27 PM

What's happening to our environment? Our world?!? Shootings in schools, on the streets, even in movie theaters!!! Trust me when i say the school, the shooter, and the student who got shot and their family will definitely be in my prayers. I wish for them the best.

by Sparksfly on 8/27/2012 4:08:44 PM

My heart goes out to the boy and his family.

by dogobsessedprincess on 8/27/2012 4:08:35 PM

wow, i hope that kid is okay. i think it would make things safer if schools had metal detectors at the entrances.i wonder why this kid shot the kid too........

by hutchhol on 8/27/2012 4:05:45 PM

The boy and his family will be in my prayers. I can't imagine their situation.

by sprinklz28 on 8/27/2012 3:46:52 PM