4 HOURS AGO Hey fit chicks, say hello to your new favorite workout: http://t.co/GZ50ygVlNX

7 HOURS AGO Which character from @thegivermovie are you? Take the quiz and find out: http://t.co/V1rdFyMROQ

8 HOURS AGO The thigh gap thing has gone far enough #BodyPeace: http://t.co/9KEmVRd8uf

COMMENTS

Why do nice girls finish last?

Why do guys dump nice girls? Dave: So they can go out with cheerleaders. Just kidding. Bill: Sheesh, Dave, no way. I dump nice girls for supermodels...

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!
I told this guy in a text that I like him because we hardly see each other at school. he never responded, but he's shown signs that he likes me. Like, at band practice after school he'll smile and say hi...but not just any smile. the kind of smile that makes your heart want to melt, and it feels like no one else is around us. The other day we had a morning practice he walked passed me, said good morning, and smiled until he walked away. He still texts me like nothing ever happened, but I'm confused because lately he's been joking around a lot with me and I complimented him last week and he said "oh gawd, dont flatter me." does that mean I did flatter him? does that mean there's a chance that he likes me?

Hey babe,

He could definitely like you, but it seems fishy to me that he never responded to your text. Flirty behavior is always a huge indicator for whether or not a person likes you, but you also have to judge how he acts around other girls too. If he acts like nothing happened it may mean you'll have to ask him again. Besides, don't you wanna know what his true feelings are? xoxo

alexis g.

by aeroangel87 on 11/20/2012 1:26:31 AM

So i like this guy and during the beginning of school people were asking me what i thought about him. I said that we were just friends and then soon after words i started like him and then one day my friends were trying to hook us up and i was so happy and then i walked into lunch all perky because the guy i like was going to ask me out and then there was this huge commotion and then one of the girls that i hangout with called out the guy i liked name out and that was very embrassing and then i saw him walk away angryly. so then next week later he likes my friend and she is like my bestie. also she is my next door neighbor. he liked her for quite a while and then a few days later i found out that he was going to ask her out and that kinda upseted me. Now he doesnt like her now but likes another girl who sits right nexts to me. They are always flirting and it happens right in front of my eyes. Then one day i saw them flirting hardcore and that made me want to go running out the room.

Hey aquaprincess26, oh no. Girl you're not alone. Sooo many people have had their hearts broken by their crushes, including yours truly. Since you really liked him, it may take some time but you will get over him. And just think would you want to be with a person who likes someone one minute and someone else the other? He sounds really immature to me. I think you can do a WHOLE better. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by aquaprincess46 on 11/4/2012 10:44:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
My crush already knew I liked him but he never said anything to me. Last week this girl that is bffs with him told me that he wanted to be friends with me? She said that I should hang with them sometime and then the next day invited me to sit with them at lunch but I didn't because I was afraid that I would feel awkward. I looked on this girls twitter and in a couple of tweets she made it apparent that she had a guy friend that liked a girl and was having her help him. But the thing is that he dosent talk to me and I catch him staring at me even from across the lunch room. Does he like me? How do I react to this because while I would like to be friends with him I don't know how to react to this. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl! OMG it soooo sounds like he likes you. He just seems really shy! You should try sitting with them at lunch, that way he'll open up a bit. Even if it's awkward, the two of you will get in some quality time together. I know he's your crush, but if you've never talked to him, you can't really know if the two of you will make a good couple. By sitting with him at lunch you can get to know him better.

xoxo

Katie L.

by ladyinlike on 9/19/2012 4:45:24 PM

MOD MOD MODERATOR
Help!! I'm 14 years old and don't have a boyfriend my friends keep on telling me that it's te for a guy, but I'm not so sure. Sometimes I think they're right, but when I like someone they either don't like me back or they do but I start freaking out. My friends tell me that I'm being silly but I'm not sure that I'm ready. Everytime my friends go out with someone, I get jeolous and they tell me that I should get one too. But how can I stop feeling left out???? Please help!!!

Hey Chicky! If you feel like you aren't ready to have a boyfriend, you are probably right. A relationship requires work. When a guy starts to like you back, and you start to freak out, don't be afraid to tell him that you need to keep it slow. He should understand. If you are getting jealous of your friends, maybe you do want a BF, so take your time to sort out your feelings. In the meantime, schedule a Girls night occasionally

Hannah H.

by Misery13 on 9/18/2012 2:24:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MODERATOR
I've never had a boyfriend or never been kissed and i'm 15, how can I calm down and know everything is going to be alright?

Hey girl, by knowing that I have some friends who are seniors in COLLEGE who have never had a boyfriend (and some who have never been kissed), and they are beautiful, totally awesome girls with nothing wrong with them. In all seriousness though, love's a hard thing to predict, and trust me, you do yourself a disservice by putting a due date on it. Let it happen. You won't be single forever, so enjoy it for now and just see who you meet as you put yourself out there. You're beautiful, and you don't need a guy to validate that.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Gigilove321 on 9/10/2012 8:47:13 PM

by Jbug77 on 9/10/2012 8:27:38 PM

so i'm going to a new school tomarrow and i don't know anyone there. I really want to make a good impression on not only guys but all the girls. My goal is to walk in there and be like peoples breath of fresh air! Where they walk away from me feeling good! and they know they can talk to me about anything! I really wanna be the sweetheart of the school. and it's not a big school at all!
so how can i be my new schools breath of fresh air??? =)

Hey girl, that's an awesome goal to aim for, but know it'll take some time to get there. I'd start by being outgoing though and just open. Introduce yourself. Make a point to get to know your classmates and be interested in all they do. A lot of people are closed in general, and just that sunny person who talks to everyone is always refreshing, a breath of fresh air, even. Good luck!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Jbug77 on 9/10/2012 7:51:16 PM

MOD
I really don't crush on guys that much.
I've only ever dated guys that started stuff with me, and I think that's the only reason I even felt anything for them in the first place.
But there's this one guy from school. I hardly know him at all. And he's attractive. And I think about him a lot.I don't really know why, because he's not the kind of guy I would normally want to talk to. He's kind of a poser. He seems really nice though. We have a couple of mutual friends.
I thought he was way out of my league, but then he went to this big party (would've gone, but I was sick) and made out with my friend. At first I was like, ouch. But then I thought maybe he would date me then?
He transferred to another high school, so I don't see him at school anymore. But I feel like he's the first guy I've had a crush on, and I'm a sophomore in high school, so I should go for that, right? Also, how do I get to know him if he doesn't go to my school and we only have like 2 mutual friends?

Hey girl, first I would say to talk to your friend and make sure she doesn't have feeling for this guy too, since they got together at that party.  And if he makes out with random girls at parties is he a good guy to date? To get to know him better, organize a coed outing to play laser tag, see a movie, play mini golf, or go bowling and have your mutual friends bring him along too. And finally, this guy might be the first guy you really have feelings for, but he def won't be the last guy, so if it doesn't work out, don't stress! Keep your eyes open for new crushes, preferably ones that haven't already kissed your friends ;)

Lauren I.

by marylynn on 9/10/2012 2:05:51 AM

Well I like this guy who I've known since we were both five. We are good friends and we are neighbors so we hang out like all the time. I really really like him and he's admitted that I'm cute and he's sometimes wondered if he might like me, but he says we couldn't date becuz we've known each other too long or we r too good of friends. I would never let a relationship mess up the fact that we r friends and isn't it good that we know each other well? I told this girl in my class that I liked him and on the bus he said that she texted him something about me. He wouldn't tell me what she said, and I think she told him! It seems like he likes me but I'm not sure... Should I talk to him about it? Should I just give up and forget about him? I don't know what to do...

Meghan D.

by Sunny79 on 9/7/2012 6:40:44 PM

MODMODMOD
SO my mom and I never really talk about boys but I'm in 10th grade. Today I got my first boyfriend and I dont know how to tell her. She doesnt know about him. Any ideas?

Meghan D.

by tennis1997 on 9/7/2012 6:06:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
okay so i just started high school and its the third week and the first week i saw this really good looking guy, but since he was an upperclassman i figured i had no chance but he rides my bus! i was happy cuz i least i could c him then last week he started talking to me about my friend (he obviously liked her) so i told her and she said she didnt like him so i could go for it... so everyday i talk to him on the bus and he is really funny and has a great personality and stuff but im still kinda shy because sometimes he does joke around like "oh she is a freshman be careful of your language" like i am some little kid. so should i go for him? sorry it was so long but i need an answer fast befor i run out of things to talk about with him thanks <3

Hey PeytonGL, yeah I think you should. From what you're telling me it sounds like you guys had a connection. It's always best to start off as friends anyway. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by PeytonGL on 9/6/2012 11:28:35 PM

Haha, I'm a cheerleader and I get called reallllllly mean names by guys....

by fungirl123 on 9/5/2012 3:32:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
ok so i like this guy and we had a "thing for each other" last summer, but since we were on seperate teams for school, we lost touch. then i found out that at lunch during the school year, the guy i liked would go up to my best friend and say things like, "Hey girlfriend!" Or, "so when's our date?" when i heard that he did that, i decided to give up on liking him. that was going well and i wasn't even thinking about him but now i find out that he is on my team this year and in most of my classes! and everytime i think about him i get butterflies in my stomach and i get the feeling that i still like him. so my question is, should i let him have a chance? or should i forget about him altogether and look for someone else? and if i should give him a chance, how do i get his attention and show him that i like him? sorry this was so long but if you could answer this asap because school starts tomorrow and im freaking out!

I think you should just keep your mind open and see what happens. You never know what being back at school could bring! I always believe good things come to those who are open to the opportunity. So make yourself open! as for getting his attention you should talk to him! That's all it really takes. Just be yourself! Good luck girly. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by emcee1 on 9/4/2012 10:02:45 PM

So this guy likes me and i like him but he has been ignoring me so i wanted to know for sure by trying to get him jealous.
anyway, his friend has been spying on me and telling him stuff and its been irritating me but then i thought i'd use it to my advantage...
I made a plan with my friend that when his friend is spying on us i'll talk about a guy i met and how i miss him and that he lives thousands of miles away. (i made that up)
So then his friend went to my crush and i saw them talking and he looked at me. Afterwards he stared at me too. He looked kind of uncertainly at me.
And now I know that he does like me but i'm not sure if what i did was a good idea... like is it bad?
He probably thinks I don't like him that much anymore... Frown
The problem is hes really shy and I am too so we don't really ralk...
Can you please give me advice on this?? I don't really know what to do now o.O
Thanks a lot!

Hey girl!

It's normal to want to make a guy jealous, but it usually just ends up hurting both you and your crush in the end. He probably does suspect that you no longer like him as much, so you should definitely try and explain. Just tell him that you were shy, but you really like him and you thought that if you made him jealous he might be more tempted to make a move. I'm sure if he likes you as much as you like him, he'll understand.
Alexis G.

by imblonde5678 on 9/4/2012 11:51:09 AM

Cheerleaders are not always mean and stupid. I was a cheerleader up until this year when I had to pick between soccer and cheer leading. Im a straight a student and I think that I am very nice. Its kind of sad to hear these stereo types when u dont fit them!

by kaycris on 9/4/2012 11:09:00 AM

Im a cheerleader and i am not very popular, people say i am really nice, and i have staight A's. I don't like the stereotype that cheerleaders are always mean.

by heather99 on 9/4/2012 9:48:18 AM

Some cheerleaders are nice, but some are mean. My friend thinks sometimes they turn mean because of the "mean cheerleader" stereotype. Which makes a lot of sense actuaally!

by teampeetapercy on 9/3/2012 7:22:08 PM

Whya ern't you guys answering my questions?!?! I really need help and this is the only place I can get help for this stuff! Please answer the other questions I posted on here!

Hey girl, the site's buzzing, but your Q should be answered now. Check back where you posted it! xoxo
Alyssa B.

by teampeetapercy on 9/3/2012 6:17:45 PM

ATTENTION!!!!!
Please join the Save the Seals club! These seals need your help!

by hpseals1 on 9/3/2012 5:51:20 PM

Ohmygod..all the guys at my school are like that...jerks

by maggie183 on 9/3/2012 5:43:24 PM

cheerleaders aren't always the most popular girls in school or ones who have less than average intelligence. i have a best friend who is a cheerleader and she has a lot of GT classes.

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 9/3/2012 5:33:23 PM

wow, when Bill said, "you'd probably dump them," he is sooo right! Guys date popular guys the same reason girls crush on popular guys...

by stardom96 on 9/3/2012 5:24:43 PM

Kinda untrue. In my school, there's a group of girls that are the ONLY ones that have guys and stuff. Some of them are pretty, but (no offence to them) some of them aren't very pretty. I think guys are just dating them because they're popular and mean, not because they're "hot".

by ColosalMascara on 9/3/2012 5:15:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!

Hannah H.

by emcee1 on 9/3/2012 3:08:16 PM

Ugh, I hate the "All cheerleaders are annoying and popular" stereo type! I do cheer, and I'm not popular or anything like the stereo type! I also know lots of people who aren't popular who do cheer! Bill and Dave do nothing to help the reputation of cheerleaders...

by taytaychicken331 on 9/3/2012 3:07:17 PM

I've tried posting this at least 5 times but I'm not getting a response. how can I tell if I like this guy? Whtare your top 5-10 signs? Do you think I do If I'm obsessing over it this much, stare at hima lot and associate a song with him? Thanks MOD, please plaes please please answer! Smile

Hannah H.

by teampeetapercy on 9/3/2012 3:02:17 PM

This isn't very helpful. Are they saying "nice girls" aren't wothwhile to most guys?

Hannah H.

by teampeetapercy on 9/3/2012 2:58:12 PM

Should I tell my BFF who I Like? She knows him. She might tease me alittle but she's probably help me talk to him and stuff, and she might hink he's a good crush for me. should I tell her who I like? thanks MOD!!

Hannah H.

by teampeetapercy on 9/3/2012 2:57:23 PM

How can I ask someone if I can sit by thme at lunch? I might not have lubch with friends this year (I;'m tarting h.s.) and we barely have classes. I want to make new friends because sometimes I don't like mine anyways. How can I make more friends, and also how can I make friends with guys? THanks MOD!!! Smile

Hannah H.

by teampeetapercy on 9/3/2012 2:56:11 PM

HOw can I talk to my crush (who is the junior drum major in marching bnad, and I'm just a random freshman) without looking weird? I see him tomorrow at pratice. What should I say to him? THanks MOD! Hannah H.

by teampeetapercy on 9/3/2012 2:55:00 PM

How do I follow Girls' Life on Pinterest?

Hey girl, following us is simple: head to http://pinterest.com/girlslifemag/ and hit Follow All. You'll need to have an account but once you've got that, you should be able to add us easy. xoxo
Alyssa B.

by teampeetapercy on 9/3/2012 2:53:49 PM

MOD MOD
How can I make sure I like thia guy? I think I like him but what are some signs I like him?THanks!

Hannah H.

by teampeetapercy on 9/3/2012 2:53:23 PM

okay im a sophomore in high school and i really like a senior. All my friends say he likes me too and everyone can tell. We go to the same church and we constantly hang out with eachother he walks me to my classes and we drive to mcdonalds just me and him in his car. when we drive with his friends he always makes sure im in the passenger seat. My parents like him and we playfully tease eachother all the time. I want to date him or at least there be something happen. I don't want to make the first move because i'm afraid of ruining our friendship and having to see eachother awkwardly all the time. So how do I get him to make a move?
Thanks
sorry its so long!

Hey girl,

It's tough to say how you can make sure he makes the first move, but start dropping hints about your true feelings. It's possible that he's just nervous, or doesn't know how to handle the age difference. Good luck!
Alexis G.

by cgirl751 on 9/3/2012 1:33:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i like my bgf, he was in my science class and he is super nice! he is new 2 my district and his friend is also my friend. i think he might like me cuz he talks 2 me!!! please help mod!!!!

Hey girl,

Try talking to him about it! What's the worst that could happen? You'll never know if you never try!
Alexis G.

by Prim on 9/3/2012 12:42:46 PM

I dont get how guys date mean girls...

by j4zm09 on 9/3/2012 12:23:40 PM

I was wondering, is there a way to change your username or delete your account on girlslife? I would really like to know, thanks!

Hannah H.

by paipailarz on 9/3/2012 12:01:26 PM

i have a friend who has this habit of ALWAYS talking about herself, like no joke. our conversations always end up about how great her life is, what boys like her, how perfect she is (not kidding here) and how she gets so much attention because she's a cheerleader. and if its not about how great her life is, then she complains about how HORRIBLE her life is!! i don't know what to do! i'm just sick of hearing about her life all the time when she doesn't even ask me how i'm doing.

Hey girl,

I know how tough it is to have a friend that talks about only themselves, but it's not unfixable. Try talking to her about how you feel. If you're hanging out and she keeps taking about herself, remind her that there are two people in the conversation. You can tell her nicely and still get the point across.
Alexis G.

by elevenbailey on 9/3/2012 11:21:10 AM

Maybe they're just really feminine men...

by JBgal33♥ on 9/3/2012 11:15:15 AM

@Chloe<3 Hahaha. You never know~
And yeah I agree with the post. Sadly, it happens.

by Gabriella123 on 9/3/2012 11:03:50 AM

Omg Bill and Dave are hilarious!!!

by Butterfly_lover on 9/3/2012 9:16:53 AM

Cheerleaders aren't all mean!! :/ We're nice girls too!
@Chloe<3: haha(: I wonder...

by beachychick on 9/3/2012 1:03:44 AM

Im starting to think that Dave and Bill are actually girls...

by Chloe<3 on 9/3/2012 12:43:47 AM