1 HOURS AGO He spilled the beans about your crush—what would you do? http://t.co/kLUPJpNn4K

3 HOURS AGO 4 fab ways to do fur this season: http://t.co/o6CFtNvOHj

4 HOURS AGO Oh snap—is your future lookin' bright? Check out this week's #horoscopes to find out: http://t.co/ayjfrfE8MP

COMMENTS

Desperate or dateable? What he really thinks when you make a move

Hey just wondering–if a girl asks a guy out, is it sweet or does it sound too desperate? I really want to know! His Answer: “Most...

Mod Mod Mod
i broke with my ex beacuse i went with my mom to help her work and i broke up almost 2 months ago and i still like him what should i do

Hey enstana, do you know how he feels about you? Have you spoken to him since the breakup? Xoxo

Lynae P.

by enstana on 10/5/2012 1:07:21 AM

Mod Mod Mod
this guy liked me and i liked him but when am on fb i add him as a friend and he unfriend me i dont get him he was sweet and nice mod what does this mean

Hey girly, it's hard to tell. Guys can be super confusing. Are you sure that he's into you? Maybe he only uses FB for close friends and family, maybe he didn't recognize your FB picture. There are a million possible reasons. Play it cool for awhile and see what happens.

Lauren I.

by enstana on 10/3/2012 1:25:06 AM

MOD!!! MOD!!! MOD!!!
ok so im really not new to the whole dating thing. but this one realy stumps me. ok so last year i had a special conection with is boy. we were really coming close to "dateing", but summer came along. threw-out the summer we only saw each other 3 or 4 times. Frown for the first few days of school, we were close agian. but just reciently, he has been totaly ignoring me! why is that?!!
please help

Hannah H.

by kathapple17 on 9/20/2012 4:48:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Okay, so i just met this guy, and he two years older than me. Hes really cute, and i feel like we're meant for eachother. Theres just one flaw. He goes to a different school and he lives like 25 minutes away and its really hard to hangout especially with school. What should i do? xoxo, KatieBieber

Hey girlie,

These can be tricky situations, but when it comes down to it, your options are pretty simple.  Really all you can do is keep in touch with him whenever possible for the both of you.  Text him, call him, visit him, videochat him.  Just anything to keep things flowing and up to date.
Jordan S.

by KatieBieber on 9/5/2012 4:57:02 PM

I don't know what to do with my crush anymore. :/ I like him 20% now. So I technically don't have a crush...? It's good to know that guys don't find it desperate though!

by Gabriella123 on 9/5/2012 4:36:30 PM

MODMOD!!
Things have become really awkward between me and a guy I like. He doesn't make eye contact with me at all and just looks around whenever it's just me and him. We used to hang out and chat alot! Plus, my friends just make things worse by hinting really loud that I like him.Advice?

Hey girl, I'd ask your friends first of all to lay off. It sounds like this guy may have gotten the hint you like him and isn't quite sure how to act around you anymore. So try to brush the awkwardness aside. Make eye contact with him and act as if things are the way they were. If he still plays it weird, ask him if anything's up and let him explain to get to the bottom of it.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by luvleylady13 on 9/3/2012 8:35:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!! So like I feel like everyone is getting asked to homecoming and Im not and all the guys in my class are super popular and obnoxious so i want to try to talk to a guy before school in the hallway but i get super nervous and feel like he thinks im weird. What should i do? My friend is like just go up and talk to a guy its not that hard but i get super scared and feel like they are judging me. PLEASE HELP ME!

Hey girl, don't worry about your friends or anyone else. Challenge yourself to talk to a guy (doesn't have to be the cutest in the school) and just get through that conversation. Try complimenting him on something he's wearing. If you're in a class, even ask about a homework assignment — it's a good little ice breaker in case you can't think of anything else. Above all, take a deep breath, be you and be confident. Chances are he might be nervous too talking to you so make him feel at ease and you will, too! Good luck! xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Taffy18 on 9/3/2012 5:34:22 PM

So there is this guy I am talking to. We have been texting. He asked if I ever stay after school, cause it would be nice to hand out with somebody besides (one of our friends that we always hang out with). Then I was talking about how I really wanted to go see this movie, but it was rated R, and he said he would show me how to sneak into a movie. And he always asks if I am going to the football games and we meet there. Do you think he likes me? I have heard from some people that he is going to ask me to homecoming.
THANKS SO MUCH!

Hey lovemoi, sounds like he likes you to me. He's trying to spend time with you and is always talking to you. Flirt back and let him know the feelings mutual. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by lovemoi on 9/2/2012 7:06:12 PM

Quick questions- is it weird that i would rather be friends with a guy and then date him rather than date i guy i just met? And also i wanna make more friends this year (guys and girls)- i have a nice group of friends (mostly girls) but idk how to make guy friends- i act kinda tough around guys cuz i dont want them to think im wimpy or anything but actually i'm super sensitive.... I think some guys might be intimidated by me....or do they just think im annoying? Also i have a problem with getting jealous easily-i don't get insane or anything but when i look at other people i compare them to me and i always seem jealous- even of my friends (but i dont let it on)- Please help!!!

Hey Justmecheyenne, make those guy friends the same way you made your girlfriends. Talk to them in class, wave whenever you see them and ask them how they're doing. Since comparing yourself to other people makes you jealous, try to stop doing it. I know this is much easier said then done, but the more you work at it, the better you'll get. I hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Justmecheyenne on 9/2/2012 6:26:07 PM

MOD help! This cute guy in my band class i really like but i really shy and i hate to ask boys out but if i know them well i would but i'm so shy and i don't know if he likes me or not please help me as soon as you can because i haven't had a bf in 1 year and i don't know what to do and I don't know if he has a girlfriend but i don't know what to do other than ask you or take and wait for my prince to come so i would love for you to help me please and i have read every story on ice breakers and crush much and nothing is helping me so please please tell me what to do to get a bf I am dying here thank you so much if you help.

Hey BabyBird25, you just gotta put those fears behind you and go after this guy. Ever heard the phrase fake it until you make it? Well in your case, pretend to be confident and flirty. Start saying hi and holding conversations with him. The more you talk with him, the more you'll get an idea for how he feels about you. You can always tell when someone likes you back so pay attention. Try complimenting him every once in a while or ask him questions. You two could talk about instruments, classes, and other things. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by BabyBird25 on 9/2/2012 5:08:43 PM

MOD!!!! PLEASE HELPP!!!!!!
Ok so there is this guy in my science class that i really like Smile The other day he had a purple flannel shirt on so i was like " Cool shirt" and he was like "thanks" Smile So the next day i had on a pink hollister shirt and he was being sarcastic and goes "Nice shirt" we talk alone sometimes walking to the bus (we dont ride the same bus tho): ) Ive heard from alot of people that he really respects the women he dates, and he nos how to treat a woman and that makes me want him even more!!!! I wanna no wat to do! Should i make a move....if so.... wat move!!!!!!! Or should i... I DONT KNOW!!!! PLEASE HELP!

Hey southerngirlswagg, I think you should continue taking it slow. Flirt a little here and there, through compliments and jokes and see how he responds. If you are getting vibes that he likes you back, ask for his number and then take it from there. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by southerngirlswagg on 9/2/2012 12:52:33 PM

MODMODMODMOD!! my friend has a crush on the same guy i do so i told her well u totally deserve him so i think u should go out with him so she told people she liked him and i kept me liking him a secret but my best guy friend is like best friends with my crush so he was of course trying to get my crush to like me and it was working. so afterschool i went to my friends locker and my crushes locker is right next to hers and my friend was talking to someone else so i waited behind her. my crush started talking to me and he was being so nice and i like him so much so i had like no idea what to say so i kept smiling and nodding and of course now my friend thinks i was trying to steal him and backstab her even though i was only coming to her locker to talk to her! but the thing is i really like this guy he was my first kid kiss in 1st grade and he liked me last year but i didnt know and i was trying to b a good friend and let her have him but ive likd him longer. Help!!

Hey sweetbaby12, this is a tough sitch girly. I think it may be best that neither of you talk to this guy. Whether you or your friend begins dating him, someone is going to be hurt, and you don't want to end a friendship over a guy. How about you guys just be friends and find some other cute boys at your school? I know it will be hard, but in  the end I think it will be worth it. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Sweetbaby12 on 9/2/2012 9:25:33 AM

Mod Mod Mod:: So I like this guy, and we've texted a few times for a couple of hours at a time, and we've talked a couple times in Science, since we sit close to each other. My friend told him I like him and asked if he likes me, and he said i'm pretty!!!!(he put the four !) and she asked if he liked me too and he said 'i guess'. we talked the next day in night, but so far i texted first 4/5 times. hes got a lot of girls after him, and i dont wanna just let it go, but i don't wanna seem desperate. Sorry it was so long, and thanks (:

Hey veggigurl, even though lots of other girls like him, you are definitely on his mind. He said you were pretty and you guys have texted a few times. I would wait and see if he texts you first. Since so many girls like him he may be used to being text first, so give him a few days to see what he does. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by veggigurl on 9/2/2012 3:00:28 AM

Last year I had science class with this boy I really liked. We had assigned seats and I got to sit across from him. We would always talk about weird stuff, and do really stupid things just to make each other laugh. Sometimes when we finished tests early he would draw hilarious pictures on the back and show me. Then one day our teacher switched our seats because we were talking to each other to much! (He had gotten in moved before for talking so he wasn't mad about that.) He didn't pay any attention to me for the rest of the year! This year I want him to notice me again. How do I get him to?!? Also, why did he not pay any attention to me?!?!
Also, what are some good ways to pamper myself before the stress of school?

Hey! 1) Just say hi to him again, and keep chatting with him when you see him. 2) Sometimes something that you notice a lot like him ignoring you may not seem significant to him. He might not have been ignoring you, but since he didn't sit next to you anymore, it was inconvenient to chat like you used to. 3) To pamper yourself before school, treat yourself to a day somewhere special, a beach the park, anywhere you won't have the luxury of spending all day once school starts.

Helen S.

by turnonthemusic1 on 9/1/2012 4:24:39 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!!
ok so theres a boy in my class who i liked last year and i catch him staring at me- A LOT. We have free sitting in ALL of our classes and at lunch. He will sit by my best friend bc i always sit by her! He talks to me during talk time that we get everyday and in class!!!! in homeroom we have assigned seats and his desk is right across the isle and he'll walk up to my desk while im drawing (my favorite passtime) and just pull up his chair and watch. Do you think he likes me? He also defends me from mean boys and acts like he's off his meds in front of me to make me lol! Please reply ASAP!!!

Meghan D.

by YayaYuiki on 8/31/2012 8:33:00 PM

I asked out y bf and we have been going out for almost a month. He is so sweet.

by Starrgirl1 on 8/31/2012 7:43:50 PM

I asked out a guy once....he said noFrown

by myfatsquirrel on 8/31/2012 6:32:20 PM

MD MOD MOD
So I was almost positive this guy liked me and today he made a mean joke about me and knew I was right there. Aterward he seemed genuinely sorry kept asking me if I was mad ( I said no because I had just brushed it off). Then continued flirting with me as usual throghout the day. Was I silly for thinking he liked me or was he ust having a jerk moment?

Hey girl,

He might be teasing you because he does like you, but he might also just be a jerk! Since he apologized, you could give him another chance, but that's up to you. Being mean is never good, no matter what the intention! If he says something mean again, though, I would try focusing your attention on someone who will treat you with the most respect, because that is what you deserve!!

Meghan D.

by cookiemonster15 on 8/31/2012 5:22:15 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!! please help me
my friend has a crush on the same guy i do so i told her well u totally deserve him so i think u should go out with him so she told people she liked him and i kept me liking him a secret but my best guy friend is like best friends with my crush so he was of course trying to get my crush to like me and it was working. so afterschool i went to my friends locker and my crushes locker is right next to hers and my friend was talking to someone else so i waited behind her. my crush started talking to me and he was being so nice and i like him so much so i had like no idea what to say so i kept smiling and nodding and of course now my friend thinks i was trying to steal him and backstab her even though i was only coming to her locker to talk to her! but the thing is i really like this guy he was my first kid kiss in 1st grade and he liked me last year but i didnt know and i was trying to b a good friend and let her have him but ive likd him longer. help!!

Meghan D.

by sweetbaby12 on 8/31/2012 4:02:09 PM

I would so ask a guy out, its so weird like I hate the call and text thing it, makes me more nervous then just going up to a guy and talking to him. Tong
haha ik that was really random! but great advice!

by j4zm09 on 8/31/2012 3:17:35 PM

MOD MD MOD
Hey have a question: How do you become a MOD? It seems very cool and i would like to help other girls with problems sonce even though i have to ask for advice sometimes i can gve ood advice too! So thanks!Smile Smile Smile

Hey girl,

You have to be 18 to become a mod (see our intern page for more info! http://www.girlslife.com/page/Intern-at-Girls-Life.aspx), but you can start an advice queen club until then!

Meghan D.

by puddinface7 on 8/31/2012 2:30:27 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
So there's this new kid in six of my seven classes in school with me. He's sort of cute, and we talk a lot. I don't know if I like him, or if I even want a boyfriend my freshman year, but if he likes me, I'd like him back. I flirt a lot with him (but I flirt with like, EVERYBODY lol) and he flirts back, but I don't know. He teases me a lot, which is totally different from other guys, cuz they treat me like royalty. I like that he sees me as an equal, cuz I can definitely play back, but does he like me?
Thanks in advance Smile

Meghan D.

by whycantibeaninjaturtletoo on 8/31/2012 1:05:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD So theres this guy in my P.E. class that i sit by and he may like me but idk...he walked me to class the other day and talked to me a lot. Becuz of the way he acts around me, my friends think he likes me, and I like him too. So he has basketball tryouts on Tuesday and I have them on Wednesday, and he is really good so he we obvi get a callback and tryout again on wednesday. My friend and I are going to the YMCA to play more bball after and I was just wondering how to invite him without sounding weird? And any other tips on how to act around him? thanks soo much!

Hey girl! Just keep it casual. Say something like, "hey, a friend and I are going to the YMCA to play ball. You wanna join?" As far as how to act, just be yourself and be confident!

If ya want, check out these articles about flirting:

lauren I.

by zeus11 on 8/31/2012 12:47:21 PM

I have two very important questions: One, I have never been asked out (well once there was a sitch where i kind of ran away because i didnt want to say no but other than that i have been sadly lonely) Frown So how can i get boys to ask me out? I am smart so do they think im a nerd or something? Last year i was kind of mean to a guy i liked and nice to another boy i liked. Does meanness turn boys off? or maybe if im nice do they think im a push over? Would they like that? Because i am NOT.I dont want to become someone i am not for a boy.I'm assertive, but not mean. The real me is not mean but nice to you unless you bully me then i will tell you to KNOCK IT OFF. And two: How can i become a MOD? I think that i could give some good advice, even though i have to ask for advice sometimes. Smile thanks love you!

Hey girl, never change yourself to try and get a guy! Don't try to be mean and don't try to be a push over. The right guy will like you for exactly who you are. Don't worry about if a guy likes or doesnt like the way you are and just be yourself. Being confident in who you are is sure to impress. xoxo

lauren I.

by puddinface7 on 8/31/2012 11:12:38 AM

there is this guy that i kinda like who i catch looking at me a lot! we dont get 2 talk a lot but wen we do he usually smiles do u think he likes me??? or am i just bananas 2 think that?!?!

Hey girly, sometimes its hard to tell! but if he smiles at you thats def a good sign. Check out these links to help ya out.

lauren I.

by slgoethel on 8/31/2012 7:46:00 AM

Want advice on everything and anything? Is your dream job an actress or singer? Head over to my club, Lights, Camera, Action for advice on getting to the big screen, and my advice queen, which guarantees accurate and quick answers.

by pretty123 on 8/31/2012 12:07:47 AM