AN HOUR AGO Here's *everything* you need for a fabulously fashionable fall. So much outfit inspo: http://t.co/8v3OtD2WhK

14 HOURS AGO Sweater weather also happens to be smoothie weather. Snag our recipes for seasonal sips: http://t.co/s00kRlDnDq #pumpkinspiceeverything

14 HOURS AGO RT @PeytonList: Lots of great questions! Keep them coming on @girlslifemag Facebook! 😻�pic.twitter.com/iuIzoC1K4Q4Q

COMMENTS

Why you should totally go for the geek this school year

I have a crush on an ugly and nerdy guy. I don’t want to tell anyone, because I’m really popular and it will ruin my reputation...

MOD MOD MOD Ok so there is this guy that I known since second grade and now im in fifth grade. Were just friends is how I see it but he always wants to talk to me and hang out with me everyday I am at school. I think he wants to be more than friends. How do I tell him were just friends without hurting his feelings because he is getting annoying and I don't want to be mean? He gets babied by his mom a little so he might feel sad or angry.

Hey vampy098, show him through your words and body language. Refer to him as "friend" and "buddy", and say things like "I'm glad we're friends" or "You are really cool to just hang with". Never get touchy feely in your body language, so if you do give him a hug make it quick and maybe pat him on the back. Hopefully he  will get the hints. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by vampy098 on 12/2/2012 11:09:24 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!
ok so i have 2 typical problems. 1. i like this guy (no dip). i think he likes this other girl whos a MAJOR flirt with him. she doesnt like stalk him, but she tries to be cool and nice and awesome around him. ik, i sound mean and snotty for this, but this makes me hate her more than i already did.(she stole my friend-long story.) and idk what to do. he's never gonna like me because i usually get really awko and nervous around him (which usually doesnt happen-im really cool and normal around most of my crushes.) and im not skinny at all. and i think being skinny matters to him, cuz hes kinda popular and sporty and all that stuff, but idk. hes at least nice to me...anyway. next question! 2. my first school dance is on friday, and im SO nervous!! the teacher talked to the class about slow dancing and stuff but im in 7th grade and the guys dont seem intrested yet (or so they say.) and im jsut nervous!! like what do i do? i need help!!!!!! and like tips and stuff!! thanks ♥

Hey lilmissamazing,you can either sit back and watch her take your man or go after him. I know talking to your crush can be scary but you have to do it. You don't want to always wonder what would have happened if you did do you? So just force yourself and start off small. You can begin by just asking him how he got into sports and who is his favorite team is. And for slow dancing, try to pick up on what everyone else is doing. If you really get lost the boy you're dancing with will help you. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by lilmissamazing on 10/14/2012 11:47:35 AM

Personally, I always go for the geeks in my class. Sometimes I tell my friends and they react with "what?!, how could you like him?". Should I try going for not so geeky guys?

Hey girl,

What matters is how you feel about them, not what your friends think! You should go for whomever you like, whether they are geeks or not Smile

Meghan D.

by yvpizza on 10/12/2012 9:27:25 PM

I have a crush on this guy who is a few years older than me and he smiles at me when he sees me but just in a friendly way I guess. I know he is off limits but I can't stop thinking about him. I don't know what to do!

by Sunny79 on 10/9/2012 9:50:17 PM

so I really like this guy. Everyone thinks were going out. My friend says he likes me. I really want to ask him out,but I dont know how. This would be my first boyfriend,and I am afraid of rejection.Please help!!!!

Hey girl,

If you ask someone out, there's always a chance of rejection, but there's also a chance he'll say yes! There's no rush to make a move, so you could try to get to know him as friends by hanging out casually and then gauge if he likes you from there! Try studying together or hanging out in a group, and if you two get along really well, you could ask him out then!

Meghan D.

by ellieamelia on 10/7/2012 12:48:02 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay so... I have shoulder length hair, I'm tall, skinny, and I like to dress and look cute(obsessed with fashion). I also like to play videogames (Games like Bioshock, Halo, and more. I'm a huge gaming nerd lol) So my question is.... Will boys find me attractive? I've never had a BF before so I don't know if my gaming obsession is a turn off. I'm a bit nervous because a bunch of new people moved to my neighborhood (there's also some old families) that have boys my age. I'm not nervous talking to them, but more with flirting, and stuff like that. My family is having a HUGE holiday party in a few months, and I'm pretty sure boys are going to come. So should I ask what VideoGames they play? Or should I stay silent? I'm curious because I think I'm FINALLY allowed to date, and I don't want to mess up lol Laughing
Thx!

Hey girl,

Boys aren't attracted to one type of girl, so there are plenty of guys out there who love girls who are into gaming. Some girls and guys are into that, and some aren't -- everyone's different, which makes the world great! You should never feel like you have to hide who you are, because the right guy will like you for everything about you, whether or not he shares the same interests. So if you want to ask guys what games they like, go for it--but don't instantly rule them out if they're not into gaming, because you might still get along really well. If you be yourself the right guy will like everything about you Smile

Meghan D.

by sweetygirl21 on 9/30/2012 12:55:53 AM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
Ok so I really really Really REALLY like this one guy me and my friends call him KoYo and i asked him out today and he was about to say yes!!!! But then he say my friend standing there and this one guy he was talking to earlier walked past and they were both staring at him so he said no but really quietly and i never get alone time with him! I really need ideas on secretive ways i can ask him out please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girly, good for you for having the guts to ask him out! Next time, just ask him when it's just the two of you. If he's alone, he won't get emberassed by all the attention. Or, you could always slip him a note or send a text. Good luck!

Lauren I.

by liamsgirl on 9/26/2012 4:26:53 PM

also my friends think he is weird and so do my older friends

by radiogirl on 9/18/2012 8:16:14 PM

i have a crush which i think likes me since he is always flexing himself and flirting and glancing at me but he i think he likes this snobby girl mod mod what should i think and do

by radiogirl on 9/18/2012 8:15:41 PM

mod mod mod!
i have two problems:
1. i have been frnds with a guy for about 3 years now and hes one of my best frnds. the other day we were tlking on the fone and he asked me out...i ws SO surprised! i dont like him like that! plus everyone always thought he was gay cuz hes not frnds with guys at all only girls...i said no but now i feel really bad and everythings all awkward. what can i do to let go of this awkwardness???
2. i REALLY like this guy. im in alot of his classes and last year he flirted with me so i firted back but he never did anything about it. all throughout the summer and first days of school i fawned over him and then my frnd TOLD HIM THAT I LIKE HIM! before it was so easy to tlk to him and we got along so well but its a week into school and i havent said so much as "oh, the tissues are right there, max" all week. i need to tlk to him if hes ever gunna be my boyfriend!! i cnt be stuck in this insecurity of saying something stupid! plz help!!! ur the best!!!

Hey girly, you were right to turn down your friend if ya arn't into him. This article might be able to help http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/03/20/How-to-turn-down-your-BGF-without-wrecking-your-friendship.aspx

And as far as your crush, since your friends talked to him, he prob already knows that you like him, so I wouldent push it too much. Check out these articles:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/06/01/Hook-a-hottie-How-to-play-it-cool.aspx and http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/08/10/The-Scoop-Sneaky-signs-your-crush-likes-you-back.aspx xoxoxo

Lauren I.

by luvinlife12 on 9/5/2012 3:04:44 PM

i love nerds!!! my frnds cousin is a nerd and i love him!!! hes so seet and hes liked me since kindergarten when he asked me to be his valentine. my friend makes fun of us for liking eachother but if it wrks for me and him thts all tht matters!!

by luvinlife12 on 9/4/2012 5:47:01 PM

MOD MO MOD
I'm starting school on Tuesday.... And I have 2 friends :/ everyone thinks I'm crazy !! I hate it how everyone is trying to be something. I used to have a lot of friends but they all went to new schools Frown

Hey eemmais1, first start by getting your two friends to introduce you to their friends. Start chatting up the kids in your classes, smile at people in hallways and stay friendly. The way to make a friend is to be one remember that. Impressions are really effective, so make sure you look great the first day. Wear a really cute outfit, have your hair and makeup done and walk into school confidently. You've got until now until Monday to pick something stylish out, so get to work girl. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by eemmais1 on 9/2/2012 10:58:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
okay so i was hanging out with my cusion and her hot boyfriend yesterday (i'v meet him before) Hes really nice and sweet! and i tolled my cusion a wile ago that i thought he was cute! well i think my cusion tolled him that i thought he was cute. And yesterday we all went swiming and i sometimes could feel him looking at me. Hes never touched me but some times i think he is winking at me. AND HES 18!!! the most imberessing part is i had something in my eye and thought i was trying to wink at him!he offers me food and says my name all the time and asks me how schools doing and stuff..what do i do and how do i go about this??? and is this in my head or is something going on?

Hey JBug77, it could be going on. You can always tell when someone is checking you out. If you begin noticing more of this, it's good to cut out any flirting since he's your cousin's boyfriend. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Jbug77 on 9/2/2012 5:43:16 PM

high school started last week and so far my only friends are sophomores and junioirs and i know a lot of freshmen but none of them are in my "group." so how do i make more freshman friends ps im really shy.

Hey kewauneegal, start saying hi to those freshman whenever you see them and introduce them to your upperclassmen friends. Ask if they'd like to hang out with you and your friends. See if they'd like to eat lunch, walk to class or chill out on the weekends together. Freshman often get lost or have trouble trying to figure out where things are and how they work, so offer your assistance. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by kewauneegal on 9/2/2012 8:57:34 AM

MODMODMOD!!!
I've been crushing on a certain guy for about a year now. He's really nice, we have the same sense of humor, and we both love music. My bff (who knows him better than anyone) said that she thinks he likes me. My only problem is that three of my other friends like him too! Help me please!

Hey luvelylady13, this is a toughie. I think you need to sit down and talk with your friends. Have everyone come to an agreement about dating this guy, because one person will end up with him and the others won't. You don't want friendships ending because of some boy. After everything is cleared up, go on and make your move girl! Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by luvleylady13 on 9/2/2012 8:27:04 AM

Modmodmod
I have a school assignment for English on which we have to write a 600 word, NONFICTION "magazine article" about school. It sounds cool, but I have no idea on what to write about. What do you think are some good topics appropriate for highschool it college students?
Second I'm in my junior year of High school and I can already feel it getting really hard even after just one week. Normally I'm a pretty good student but I can feel the work piling on especially history notes both in an out of class which is the worst because history is my worst subject and I'm not a very good note-taker so any tips?
Thanks!

Hey girl,

Since it has to be nonfiction, maybe you could choose an issue, like cheating or bullying, and do some research about it? Try reading some teen mags (especially GL!) for ideas. As for being overwhelmed by schoolwork, talk to your history teacher about study skills now. The teacher will be impressed that you're taking the initiative to care about your grades and will have some great tips to share!

Meghan D.

by Superstarlala on 9/2/2012 12:01:15 AM

Boyfriend is really immature?

Hey girl,

Check out this post for advice on having an immature crush Smile http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/12/20/How-immature-is-too-immature.aspx

Meghan D.

by * Queen of the Fashionistas* on 9/1/2012 9:34:11 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
ok so theres this guy that i havent been able to get over, since like, 4th grade. almost 3 years. (im in 7th now) anyway, so was at my friends 13th bday party, and i got my friend to ask him to slow dance with me (im really shy when it comes to guys) and his idiot friend screamed "HE SAID NO!" and so i went to the bathroom and cried/laughed LOL! but he didnt say anything. so i mean i dont know if at the school dance i should ask him again, when hes alone? Cause i think he might like me. What should i do? Thanks!

Hey girl,

I would wait for him to approach you first. If he didn't apologize after what his friend did, that's probably not a good sign! Besides, don't you want a guy whose friends will be nice to you?

Meghan D.

by foodiejr99 on 9/1/2012 9:32:32 PM

It is fine to date a nerd. My boyfriend is a nerd and he is really sweet. I realized that I really like him, and my friends all like him because he makes me happy. You need to get over what other people think and worry about what you think.

by lissau2737 on 9/1/2012 8:19:35 PM

Well thats a nice way to put it, ugly.
MODMODMODMODMOD

by foodiejr99 on 9/1/2012 8:13:33 PM

i'm with OmGabi on this one, if ur ssssoooooo obsessed with popularity then ur not mature enough 2 date.

by Prim on 9/1/2012 7:24:52 PM

I agree with this Smile Some nerdy guys are super cute. And why should it matter if they are ugly too?

by YouCanCallMeCat on 9/1/2012 7:09:38 PM

I agree. It's okay to like a nerd. There's a lot of nice guys out there that are nerds. Good luck! ^.^

by Gabriella123 on 9/1/2012 5:51:10 PM

**********ATTENTION**********

Are you a fan of the hit teen drama series Hollywood Heights? Then join my Hollywood Heights Fan Club! We'll talk about all of the episodes, give our opinions and tell what you think might happen. There are also positions open. Join now! Laughing

by Princess Keziyah on 9/1/2012 4:57:53 PM

thanks mod!!

by laxchik18 on 9/1/2012 4:00:37 PM

Going out with a geek has probably been the best choice I've ever made! They are usually the sweetest boys ever and they know how to treat a girl and they aren't full of themselves. AND they will really appreciate you for who are you are personality wise which is the best thing ever! I am currently dating someone who would usually be considered a "nerd" but I love him for it and it hasn't ruined my reputation one bit. People will think it's cool that you made the choice to date someone who isn't considered popular! I would say go for it Smile

by fun10marz on 9/1/2012 3:42:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so my bff dated this guy for a couple days, but then they broke up because she wanted to stay friends. Well me and him were sitting with a couple friends during band, and he started to tell us why they broke up. My bff walked over and got mad. she weren't on great terms for the rest of the football game. They went on different buses and everything. Anyways, I sat with him because I needed someone to sit with. We got talking and now I really like him, but him and my bff still have a lot to work out. He thinks they're getting back together when they're really not, which means they'll probably just stay friends and he'll be single. that doesn't matter though cause i can't date my bff's ex! and i don't think this crush will go away fast either. what should i do?!??! could i at least be friends with him?

hey! I think you could, but you should maybe talk to your bff about it.

Helen S.

by karategirl78 on 9/1/2012 3:27:39 PM

Mod mod mod!
ok so I really llike this guy, John, from my church. He's one year older than me.we went on a mission trip together last onth with the church and were on the same team so we got kinda close.I've known him almost forever and our families kinda know each other and im good friends with his sister who's a year younger than me. last time we saw each other he gave me a hug when he left. He's just so great but the problem is we go to differnt schools. so the only time i get to see him is at youth group at out church once a week and its only for like an hour. I just don't know how to get to know him better and how to tell if he likes me since i reallly dont see him often. any tips on like how to make striking up a convo easier when i see him or tell if he likes me. thanks so much!!

hey! The trick to a good conversation is asking questions. They keep things moving along, and generally, people like to talk about themselves. Some signs that he may like you are if he goes out of his way to talk to you or asks if you have a bf

Helen S.

by laxchik18 on 9/1/2012 3:23:06 PM

Ugly and a geek? Really? Number one,I love geeks. I'm a geek myself. Number two,that's just mean and uncalled for. I agree with OMGabi,if you are THAT obsessed with your popularity that it gets in the way of your love life,you are not mature enough to be dating. NERDS REPRESENT Laughing!!!!

by iluvmusic♥ on 9/1/2012 2:29:57 PM

Do you need healthy eating tips, or are full of them yourself? Then our club " Healthier YOU! " we have The Tip of The Day! everyday. we are there for you! Positions are open!!!

by meowgirlie1019 on 9/1/2012 1:47:27 PM

Um, super ugly and nerdy? Wow. THAT'S how you talk about your "So called crush" I agree with EVERYONE who commented on this. You shouldn't even be dating.

by WinnieGirlie on 9/1/2012 1:41:13 PM

i am a geek and i really don't believe that being a geek is a bad hting or that dating one will ruin you social life. we are people too with real feelings. the thing about us is, we know who we are and aren't afraid to hide it to be popular or liked. it's not always about school grades or glasses with us. I for one, greatly dislike labels and stereotypes becasue they show nothing about who the people really are. its what's inside that couts. think, if a different guy who would be good for you didn't ask you out becasue of your label, how would you feel? take a chance and go for it

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 9/1/2012 1:30:53 PM

Ugly and a geek? That's a mean way to put it.. And popularity isn't a big deal.. This is probably the most offensive article I've read because popularity shouldn't matter if you like someone it sounds self centered and you call him ugly and a geek

by XxBriXD on 9/1/2012 1:29:00 PM

I am going to sound harsh, but I have no other way to put it.
If you are going to go around being obsessed with your popularity status, chances are, you are not mature enough to be dating in the first place.

Simple as that.

by OMGabi on 9/1/2012 12:54:15 PM

Please join my club HERE 4 U! Ill give you advice and you can tell us anything! Please join! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo hpseals1

by hpseals1 on 9/1/2012 12:53:36 PM

Wow, if she really liked this guy, why should she care what other people think? This sounds sooooo self-centered.

by username0000 on 9/1/2012 11:44:18 AM

hey!!!! this is not fair!!!! nerds and geeks are the same kinda people, nerds is just a meaner word for geeks!!!! geeks is the kinder and better term for people like me!!!!!

by Prim on 9/1/2012 11:23:03 AM

Ugly and a geek? That's not the nicest way to put it...yeah ur popularity shouldn't matter. It's awesome that u like this guy, I just wouldn't describe him like that

by myfatsquirrel on 9/1/2012 11:17:25 AM

This article kind of offended me because I'm what you might call a geek and have a crush on a guy who is also a "geek" , and people know that, but I'm still popular, but with my own crowd, all people who are like me and my crush.

by JBgal33♥ on 9/1/2012 8:32:15 AM

Really, this girl probably hurt all of the people who are not as cool. They probably think that people won't like them. And really, you must be really self-centered if you don't think love is more important then being popular.

by sprinklz28 on 9/1/2012 12:51:15 AM