Fact or fiction: Getting your ears pierced really hurts

My mom said I could get my ears pierced when I turn 12, and my birthday is right around the corner. I’m really excited, but I’m...

i got my first piercings done when i was 4, and then i got an infection, but then when i was 8 i got them done again and the i got my second peircing above my first, and it hurts at first, then they are sore for a couple days and then its fine.

by gardianunicorn on 8/30/2013 3:33:51 PM

Got mine done at Claire's, and GL is right: there's a quick pinch and then some throbbing for a few hours. After that they don't hurt, as long as you take care of the new holes.

by AllyJean on 7/17/2013 12:42:49 PM

I have my ears pierced twice, and im going to say you can feel it. it is like a sharp pinch and then it is over. A good place to get your ears pierced would be Claire's. that is were I have done booth of mine. they do the piercing for free when you pay for the earrings. all of their earrings they pierce with a hypoallergenic, so you should have an allergic reaction to them.

by pumkinpoodle on 6/18/2013 10:14:32 AM

I got my ears pierced twice and need to get them pierced again(think I'm allergic to non-gold earrings)it hurts a little bit but its not agonizing

by bella0105 on 5/22/2013 5:46:32 PM

Hey thnx I'm totally gonna pierce my ears now it's a good thing in my country it's traditional so I can get mine anywhere anytime

by AwesomeAmber on 1/12/2013 8:52:53 AM

I felt like someone was flickinging my ear lobe.

It won't hurt at all!!! I worried way too much and it was fun!

by Redhotfire on 12/16/2012 5:13:32 PM

nothing really hurts about getting your ears pierced. But I totally disagree about the gun. The past two times i got my ears pierced it was with a gun and i haven't had any problems. Hope your ears look great! Smile

by GLROCKS2017 on 11/15/2012 7:29:31 PM

I got mine when I was 10. It really didn't hurt at all so for all you girls that haven't gotten them done yet: don't be afraid!!! It really doesn't hurt... and believe me, you'll be happy you did. There aren't many choices in clip earrings

by gymnastqueen00 on 10/22/2012 10:20:43 PM

I was super afraid of getting mine pierced but i got it at Claire's and i barely felt it!

by physicschick on 10/20/2012 2:09:29 PM

Its fine, it only hurts for about half a second!!!!!

by lilbabestar on 10/10/2012 1:55:10 PM

Don’t avoid that sweet craving today. If you restrict yourself now, you might end up eating way too much at your next meal.
As the holidays really take off, what's one thing you HAVE to do this year?

A dog’s mouth is cleaner than a human’s.

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?