6 HOURS AGO You want dermatologist-approved skin—here's how to get it at home: http://t.co/QnHOyrxeqe

9 HOURS AGO Are good things comin' your way? Check your #horoscope to see: http://t.co/X0oqJA2AV2

10 HOURS AGO Betcha didn't know flaxseed could do this: http://t.co/BVSiatO8sk

COMMENTS

Fact or fiction: Getting your ears pierced really hurts

My mom said I could get my ears pierced when I turn 12, and my birthday is right around the corner. I’m really excited, but I’m...

It dosen't hurt unless they get infected. Then it stings, but if you take care of yours then it never should hurt.

by galegirl on 10/9/2012 7:10:26 PM

i got mine down at my hair dresses she was really good it dosent hurt s its more of a shock then a little pinch its not that bad i got one with my name on xx

by mibby1 on 10/8/2012 12:12:41 PM

Painless...

by how_now_brown_cow? on 10/5/2012 8:18:53 PM

i got my ears perirced at Claires. They turned out fine. Its just a sharp quick pinch then everything is over and you feel proud when your done

by kyra678 on 9/26/2012 4:54:36 PM

I have no idea if it hurts loo I got kine peirced when I was about 1 maybe

by nymah08976 on 9/23/2012 12:03:12 PM

It doesnt hurt at all when you get ears pierced and your ears wont throb at all! but jus take care of the newley pierced ears because you ca get an infection and wont be able to put earings in the ear

by unique730 on 9/22/2012 5:26:31 PM

Hey girlies out there,

Piercing, does it really hurt?

Well you will feel a sharp pinch that might make you wanna make a loud scream [I did]. But it doesn't HURTTT. Some people make it more than what it really is, but at the end of the day, it's worth that 1 second of 'pain'. Trust me Smile

Tips on how to overcome your piercing prob:

1- Every place that pierces will let you bring a stuffed animal that you can hug during the event. (Any place that says "no" are meanies.
2- Having that question in your head asking "what place should I go and trust?" Go to Clair's. They are really good at this stuff.
3- Go with a friend. They will hold your hand if you're scared. [If their a true friend they wouldn't make fun of ya ;)]

*Try not to get a "rookie" but if you do don't stress over it. Just trust that they will do it safe & right Laughing
*DO NOT move or jump around while they are in the process. Because then, you will have BIGGER probs to worry about!

Good luck girlies!
Lizzie <3

by neonroxursox on 9/21/2012 12:06:40 AM

It hurts less than a shot. I have two piercings on each each and they both felt the same getting them done. I got them done at the same place both times (proffesional place) NOT at claire's (my mom wouldn't let me but I'm glad she didnt) my friend got them done at claire's and they were SOOOO uneven

by cookiemonstah123 on 9/19/2012 7:16:05 PM

It's just a little click and then bam you have earrings! but pull you hair back, I know someone who had their hair go into the hole with the earring, it's pretty nasty!

by penguinpink12 on 9/18/2012 2:21:08 PM

the frist time i got my ears pierced it did not hurt but i got them done at claires and they were put i worng. the 2nd time i got them they hurt so much. dont get them done at claires.
i am might be geting my ears pierced for my birthday( in the same place on my ear since they closed up) and my mom said she would like to have them done with a hollow needle since they dont just push the sink to the side so they dont cause bumps.

you have to clean them them or they may hurt to change them, last time id int every day i could not chang them with out getting sick.

good luck