2 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

2 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

3 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz What kind of friends does your personality attract? http://t.co/RQkbRjeZXx

COMMENTS

Fact or fiction: Getting your ears pierced really hurts

My mom said I could get my ears pierced when I turn 12, and my birthday is right around the corner. I’m really excited, but I’m...

It's really not that bad. Just a quick pinch, then a little throbbing. I got mine at Walmart and they did a perfectly fine job. It hardly hurts. And that's a lot coming from me, because I was 9 and a wimp:p

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 9/9/2012 12:25:45 AM

Umm.... actually, hydrogen peroxide will irritate your skin. You're supposed to use it IF your ears get infected. You're really supposed to clean it with boiled (sterilized) salt water. :/ Regular ear piercing doesn't hurt much. I got my belly-button pierced and it was quite a bit worse than that. ^-^

by peace1089 on 9/8/2012 11:44:01 PM

I got mine done at the doctor (I figured that's the cleanest and safest), and he even numbed it for me! So I can safely say that for me, it didn't hurt at all! Smile

by Harry-Potter-Fan on 9/8/2012 9:56:40 PM

just pinch your earlobe with your nails and that's how much it hurts! afterwards it feels a little weird but it's not too bad

by jjinhc on 9/8/2012 5:39:35 PM

I am in 10th grade and 15 right now, and my boyfriend and i have been together since 7th grade. My dad doesn't think we should be dating, but my mom's ok with him being my boyfriend.I am not even allowed to call him. Normally, we have chorus together, so the whole not seeing eachother outside of school thing wasn't so bad, but this year, he goes to the votech and is gone half the school day and has to take geometry instead of chorus so i only see him for about 5 nonconsecutive minutes every day. I really want to be able to talk to him more or be with him more, and i'm not sure what I should do. Any advice?

by yoquieronacho on 9/8/2012 2:00:03 PM

It hurt so bad..
But i was 7. And quite a wimp. So. Its not actually that bad. Hahaha.

by goldfish123 on 9/8/2012 12:41:54 AM

I reeaaallyy want to get an industrial piercing, but I'm having trouble convincing my mom. Do you have any tips for convincing her to let me get one? Also, how can I convince my mom to let me dye my hair?

Hey girl,

Your mom just probably won't let you do those things because she loves you and wants you to look professional. Try obeying your parents and respecting their wishes -- if you still want that piercing when you're 18, you can do what you want then, so enjoy your parents while you're living with them!

Meghan D.

by CookieMonster246 on 9/7/2012 11:02:46 PM

I got my ears pierced at icing and the gun got stuck on my ear and it hurt so much and then the woman who was doing it had to go talk to the mall security guy cuz someone had just tried to steal a bunch of stuff. Looking back, its kinda hilarious.

by lissie487 on 9/7/2012 9:04:39 PM

mod mod mod!!!!!! Ok so I REALLY REALLY wanna try tampons. I asked my mom before but she said no because I'm a virgin and I won't be able to, which Is not true virgins can wear tampons, i want to use them because they're cleaner not such a mess and in gym nobody will know I'm on my period because u can't see tampons, but you can see the wings of pads. Please help me on convincing my mom!!!!!! Thanks xoxoxoxo

Hey girl,

You're right that virgins can use tampons, so try waiting a few months and then bringing up the topic again (calmly) with your mom. If you can explain why you want to use them without getting upset, you'll show her how mature you are, which may help in convincing her to let you wear them!

Meghan D.

by Tayincali on 9/7/2012 7:17:24 PM

NEVER EVER EVER EVER clean a piercing with hydrogen peroxide! Especially cartilage piercings. It will make the skin around the piercing dry and cracked. And it will make the piercing bleed and prevent proper healing. Instead use the solution the piercer gave you or a sea salt soak.

by the band geek on 9/7/2012 7:08:16 PM