AN HOUR AGO As if you needed another, here are 11 more reasons to get super psyched for Thanksgiving: http://t.co/qZgpABAxHB

1 HOURS AGO This book definitely hits it outta the park! Enter to win a FREE copy of Fast-Pitch Love from @AstraeaPress today: http://t.co/jHVWU9v01z

2 HOURS AGO Srsly, is this No-Shave November or No-Man November? Tell us why you're still single: http://t.co/RLnjoWMtNM

COMMENTS

Fact or fiction: Getting your ears pierced really hurts

My mom said I could get my ears pierced when I turn 12, and my birthday is right around the corner. I’m really excited, but I’m...

Mod mod mod
My thoughts and feelings are illogical sometimes

The mind can do tricky things.  Keep going to your youth group and try talking to an adult you trust about these feelings.

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/7/2012 1:33:14 AM

Hey girly, I really don't know how that works. You'll need to talk to a social worker. I'm sure your school guidance counselor can help you with this. Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/7/2012 1:32:13 AM

Mod mod mod where can I get some really low rise jeans for cheap?
And how can I make myself look thinner?

Hey girly, try American Eagle. If your looking to get healthier, there are tons of great recipes and workouts in our health and fitness section. I think you'll be interested in this one: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/09/04/GLs-in-jean-ious-workout.aspx Also, make sure you wear clothes that fit you, wearing clothes that are too tight are never flattering and wearing clothes that are too loose can make you look bigger than you are. xoxo

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/7/2012 1:30:44 AM

Mod mod mod what are some of your favorite foreign dishes that are simple to make? Could u share the recipes?

Hey girl, I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Try googling or checking our our recipe section.

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/7/2012 1:29:29 AM

Mod mod mod I try to let it go but some things are so traumatic I can't get them out of my head

Hey girl, this is tough and it takes time to heal. Talking to a professional could really help.  Wishing you the best.

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/7/2012 1:28:24 AM

Mod mod mod
I hate my artwork, how can I improve it?

Hey girly, try checking out a library book on art or sign up for an art class at a local community college or community center. Good luck!

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/7/2012 1:27:37 AM

Mod mod mod how do you move on from things you can't deal with so they don't control your life anymore

Hey StrawberryPatchKid, I was dealing with this same issue not too long ago girly. I found the easiest way to move on from past situations, whether they be embarrassing or painful, is to focus on the future. Instead of being sad about the past which you can't change, decide to be happy about the present and future which you do have an impact on. The more you think about the past, the more you carry negative energy around, which will only bring you more of negative energy. Do things that make you happy. Whenever I feel myself becoming sad or angry I watch a funny clip of my fave comedy show. Sometimes I choose to remember pleasant memories. I hope this helps ya! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/7/2012 12:59:33 AM

Mod mod mod im going through some really rough things, what are healthy ways to cope?

Hey StrawberryPatchKid, it's good to get all of your feelings out that you are experiencing. Try jotting your thoughts down in a journal or notebook. Writing poetry or music is also good. Exercise is also good for the mind so try that. I enjoy doing yoga each day to center my thoughts. Expressing how you feel to someone is very helpful, so dial up that bestie and vent away. Hope this helps ya feel better! If you ever need any more help hit up my profile page. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/7/2012 12:09:03 AM

Hi Smile
I got my ears pierced for the first time in May, I was 15. I got them done at Claire's specifically because they use the gun and will do both lobes at the same time if you request it. I was SO afraid it was going to hurt, which is why I waited so long but I promise you it doesn't hurt as much as you think. You get so worked up and it's honestly like someone pinched your ears. After they're in they put this stuff on your earing that cools it and they feel a lot better. Unfortuneatly for me the earring got stuck in one of the guns and that hurt but they got it really quick. The throbbing after probably hurts more than the initial pinch but it's not too bad. Trust me, you'll probably be so excited about getting your ears pierced you won't notice much. Definitely make sure to follow the cleaning instructions you're given, an infection hurts worse than the pinch and the throbbing! Good luck!

by BaileyMarissa on 9/6/2012 11:47:23 PM

I got mine pierced at Claires, and I didn't get an infection. However, I was apparently really bad with needles, and almost blacked out. I had to sit down for fifteen minutes afterwards. I hate needles.

by vicy998 on 9/6/2012 10:08:45 PM