Bridget M.

is modding

9 HOURS AGO #Quiz—which classic Christmas flick are you? http://t.co/i0LF5xdOKg

12 HOURS AGO .@CodySimpson has some major exciting news: http://t.co/BsrYGeIaoe

13 HOURS AGO This throwback Christmas pic of @FifthHarmony is die for #SOCUTE: http://t.co/9GKHuKVpHl #5H #harmonizers

COMMENTS

Fact or fiction: Getting your ears pierced really hurts

My mom said I could get my ears pierced when I turn 12, and my birthday is right around the corner. I’m really excited, but I’m...

Modmodmod
ok so I'm about to turn 13 and i REALLY want to get my ears pierced a second time. The only thing is my mom is kinda uptight about this stuff, Ive never asked but I'm still not sure that shed let me. i think part of the reason though is that she thinks no one my age has they're ears double pierced so she doesn't want me to look inappropriate even though by my grade lots of girls are even getting they're ears triple pierced. That was the issue the first time i got my ears pierced at 10 because she thought most girls didn't get they're ears pierced until 14. Sorry for Rambling. Thanks!!!

Hey girlie,

If you talk to her about it calmly and show how happy it would make you, then she should take it into consideration.  I know that tons of girls your age have them double pierced already, I got mine done when I was twelve myself.  But you cannot convince her if she doesn't like the idea, pushing the subject will do the opposite of helping you.  Just work with her through it and try to be as persuasive and as understanding as you can be.  You won't know until you ask!
Jordan S.

by Myipodrox16 on 9/5/2012 6:10:24 PM

getting your ears pierced hurts less than a shot. (i should know cuz i got a shot the same day and it hurt a lot more.) so...yeah. dont worry about having it done with a earring gun, it is comppletely ok. i dont think theres really any difference, everyone gets their ears pierced with a earring gun, and seriously, i know of no mishaps.

by lilmissamazing on 9/5/2012 6:04:45 PM

I first got my ears pierced when I was 3... And don't remember a thing... I got a second hole done on each ear when I was 13 and they used a gun... There was a but tingly feeling but overall it didn't hurt... A week later I got my cartilage pierced with a needle and it was nothing compared to the gun! If I had the decision to chose I would choose te needle but overall both are pretty painless. This is all coming from a dramatic girl who absolutely can not stand needles! Lol

by glamgal97 on 9/5/2012 5:13:00 PM

Mod?
I'm gonna audition for a singing thing. I'm jittery when I first go up but feel better after. Any advice?

Hey babe,

Try your best to practice so that you can go into this feeling as cool and confident as possible.  Maybe convince your mom or bff to tag along for that extra boost.  It always helps to have somebody there to work through this with you.

When it comes down to it, jitters are something that everyone gets.  The best part of that is that literally EVERYONE understands them.  Your judges will give you the benefit of the doubt toward any small mistakes so just focus on really shining through when it comes to your best talents.
Jordan S.

by YayaYuiki on 9/5/2012 5:08:39 PM

I think the amount of pain for ear piercing is different for everyone. I had mine done in 8th grade and it did feel like a pinch. I thought it was going to hurt like as painful a stubbing a toe is, but my reaction to it was more of surprise than of pain. One minute my ears were earringless, and the next second I felt something heavy in my earlobes. It did hurt, but it more was like a throbbing feeling like when all of the blood rushes to your head. I wanted to take a break, and I was getting ready to say so, but then the lady put the other one in. My ears were sore for the rest of the night, but it was totally worth it. I think the more surprising thing of getting ears pierced is the actual weight of the earring, not the pain. If that makes sense. Also, mine were done with a gun. As long as you clean out your ears and earrings frequently, it should be fine. The only thing I don't recommend is getting them done at a place that offers to do it for free. A definite no go.

by geminidance on 9/5/2012 4:54:51 PM

Mod mod mod
I'm pretty sure there is no way I can pay for college at all
Are there any decent occupations I'll be able to get?
Scholarships aren't an option for me

Hey girl, there are all sorts of scholarships, some are academic based on good grades, and some arnt. There are scholarships for everything. There are  scholarships for girls, a scholarship for being left handed, a scholarship for helping the community. Try googling. There are also loans and grants that could help you out. In the meantime, save save save. xoxo

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/5/2012 4:50:14 PM

Mod mod mod I'm really clumsy
Help?

Hey girl, me too! Try combating clumsiness by being extra careful and paying close attention to what your doing. If you have a spill, just laugh it off.

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/5/2012 4:48:22 PM

Mod mod mod
Can a young teen work night shifts?

Hey girl, I think it depends. Most places won't hire you until your at least fifteen.

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/5/2012 4:47:26 PM

Hey girl, why not give the councelors or another trusted adult a chance. It could really help. If you want to talk to someone completely anonymously without fear of being reported call this number asap. 1-800-999-9999

xoxo

Lauren I.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 9/5/2012 4:45:58 PM

Mod mod mod
What's up with you?

Hey girly, us mods are super busy answering advice. If ya just want to chat, leave a comment on one of our profiles. xoxo

Lauren I.