12 HOURS AGO RT @jacquieleemusic: ahhhh @girlslifemag obsessing over #BrokenOnesEP? i'm obsessing over YOU! 😍 thank you! so happy you like the EP. httphttp://t.co/K5tL6n6slm

13 HOURS AGO BOYS: this is whatcha do if you wanna become bae: http://t.co/0xfEpYILwF

16 HOURS AGO Strut #Elsa's beauty look for Halloween: http://t.co/p22Et0darw #Frozen

COMMENTS

7 ways to feel great about Y-O-U

Everyone has days when things just don’t go their way, so if you’re feelin’ a little off, chances are you’re not alone. But that doesn’t mean that...

MODMODMODSmile
hey Smile ok so i have a really important problem. im 12, and im trying to lose weight. so now i bet ur thinking, "oh, your such a little girl, you dont need to lose weight! i bet you're like 110 pounds!!Smile" well im not. im 175. and thats BAD. unhealthy. and i hate how im so fat too. i dont look as fat as i am, because im really tall so the fat is, uh, i guess, spread out around my body, but i still look fat. i have love handels and big thighs and most people think im 15 or 16. so anyway, ive been trying to lose weight, and ive told a few of my friends, but theyre all "oh you dont need to lose weight!! you're growing its kinda just gonna backfire. it wont work anyway." so now im stuck. should i not worry about it till im 15 and endure this deppressing fact for 3 more years? or can i actually lose weight now? i have gotten my period, idk if that has anything to do with weight, but just in case it does, yeah. so please help!! i really wanna slim down for spring/summer 2013!!

Hey lilmissamazing, I think you should start loosing weight. Get your body in shape now so that by the time you're 15 you won't have to worry about how you look.

Also it's something that would make you happy and I'm all for happiness. For exercise and diet tips and suggestions search through our articles. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by lilmissamazing on 10/11/2012 9:42:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Okay, so I'm not the one to admit or tell anyone anything but it's eating me alive. When I was around 5 or 6 years old i was molested my brother who was around 12 or 13. I remember everything about it but don't want to share it, it hurts too much. When I was around 11 I remembered it and it has followed me every since. I carry a knife and I don't let any of my guys friends touch me that often aside from a hug or a handshake. I'm turned into a paranoid 16 year old. Please Help!

Honey! I am so sorry this happened to you. Im glad you finally felt safe enough to tell someone and Im glad I can be here for you. My best advice would be to get help. From someone you trust. And if youre nervous about close relatives knowing, you could tell your guidance counselor at school! They would give you advice and piece of mind and probably be able to suggest things that would help you recover. Just know that you are not alone, other girls have gone through the same thing as you and I think you're very brave for being honest about it. Good luck hon! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by ImJustMe96 on 10/9/2012 10:33:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Okay im done with waiting! I'm in 8th grade now and I STILL haven't gotten my period. Is there something wrong with me? Everyone of my friends has gotten theres except me! and all of my friends make fun of me because i'm small chested. HELP PLEASE! Smile

Hey! I know it seems like it's taking forever, but I promise you will get your period. Try not to focus on it too much and it won't upset you. If your friends tease you, either ignore them or ask them why they think it's so funny. Good luck and hang in there!

Helen S.

by KatieBieber on 9/22/2012 12:23:21 PM

MOD I'm a sophomore nd I'm on varsity soccer team nd then a new girl came a few weks ago nd took my spot nd is being so mean to me! I got moved down to JV nd I asked the coach y I got moved down bc I felt like I shld  know y since I worked really hard to get on varsity nd then I got n huge trouble for tht w the head coach nd almost got kicked off nd then a few days ago we had a game nd my coach said I could play w varsity tht game and then he had me sit the bench the whole time nd then yesterday we had another game nd he told me to play w varsity again nd I sat the bench for a while and toward the end I asked if I could play nd he told me if I ask that again he would kick me off the whole soccer program then he told the head coach who got even more mad at me idk what to do! I just want to transfer so bad! I've come home crying everyday the past few weeks idk how to handle this even my parents don't know what to do!

Hey girl,

Maybe you could schedule a meeting with your parents and the coaches to discuss why you're on JV and what you can do? They might have gotten upset by your asking if they thought you were being negative about being on the JV team, but if you work really hard maybe you can play some games on varsity. If you're on the bench, at least you're a part of the varsity game, but I totally get why that would be upsetting! If this girl is mean to you and you're crying, though, you should definitely talk to your parents about bringing it up with the coach and finding a solution that works for everyone.

Meghan D.

by SnowBoarder88 on 9/21/2012 10:28:59 PM

Hey girl,

Meghan D.

by SnowBoarder88 on 9/21/2012 9:49:56 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
I always feel so worried about what everyone thinks about me. And I never feel perfect. Any tips to make me feel better about myself?

Hey chica, remember, no one is perfect! It's our imperfections that make us unique- it's not a bad thing! Try making a list of things that you really like about yourself. You could even do this with a group of friends, everyone can help add to everyone else's list. Whenever your feeling down about yourself, go over that list to remind yourself how awesome you really are.

Lauren I.

by monopolyandpenny2000 on 9/21/2012 10:48:14 AM

MOD MOD o my problem is that I'm nervous persenting to my class.

Hey girl,

It's totally normal to be nervous before a class presentation, but the good news is that everyone else is probably nervous, too! Imagine you're only saying these things to your friends and not to the whole class and you'll be less nervous. You can also practice your presentation on your friends or family to get more comfortable with it!

Meghan D.

by XOXO42815 on 9/16/2012 12:54:11 AM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
I think i have a problem........ when i look in the mirror i see this fat girl, but i didnt starve myself. i just didnt eat as much as i used to. it really got on to me when my sister said i was fat, and my crush said i was.. I,m about 80 pounds now, and i,m 11. Does that sound fat to you??? Thanxs Smile

Hey girl,

Weight is different for everyone, so there's no correct weight for your age -- it depends on height and other factors, too! But I do know that you are PERFECT the way you are! As long as you are eating healthy and staying active, you do NOT need to think about how much you are eating and calories -- just stop when you are full! Don't listen to other people being unkind--just focus on living a healthy lifestyle, and that can mean different sizes for different people! If you are feeling down because of what others are saying and your perception of yourself, please please please talk to a trusted adult like a parent, older family member, teacher or guidance counselor about how you are feeling. They can help you work through why you're feeling this way and help you!! You are never alone and you are AMAZING the way you are!

Meghan D.

by amanda16 on 9/15/2012 10:26:57 PM

I've asked a question on here two days ago and nothing showed up…so yeah. But I really need help. Next week I have to present something to my reading class and I'm really nervous getting up and talking infront of everyone. I really need advice on how to be calm and everything when I'm up presenting. You don't even have to be a MOD. I'll take anything I can get!! Please help!! Oh, and please don't say picture everyone in their underwear!! Thx!!

Hannah H.

by XOXO42815 on 9/13/2012 4:01:18 PM

Sometimes i find myself thinking of embarresing moments from the past. I concentrate on the memory and think of one thing i am proud of myself for. Example: if i got the guts to climb the monkey bars in fifth grade and hang upside down. Then my skirt fell down and showed my undies when i was hanging. i would think, "I'm proud of myself for being brave to try the monkey bars" and that makes me feel better

by lms229 on 9/9/2012 9:29:56 AM