AN HOUR AGO Don't worry; shaving your arms will not make your hair grow back like a sasquach: http://t.co/xbnHVhvheI

2 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

3 HOURS AGO #DudesDecoded—What "going out" reallllly means: http://t.co/82lzQAmYHK

COMMENTS

7 ways to feel great about Y-O-U

Everyone has days when things just don’t go their way, so if you’re feelin’ a little off, chances are you’re not alone. But that doesn’t mean that...

This was a really great article. I haven't been feeling myself these past couple of months for various reasons... but this is a great way to start of the New Year! Horaay for 2013

by purpleprincess60 on 1/4/2013 3:40:16 PM

JellyBeanChick

by JellyBeanChick on 1/3/2013 7:14:13 PM

I'm going to get a mile on my forehead removed and I'm really scared and nervous! How can I calm down?

by esmeepup on 12/9/2012 8:04:22 AM

last year i was in 6th grade and everything was perfect.i had my best friend in all my classes and never really had truble in my classes. my friend had a horrible year last year.she had no friends in her classes,she got bullyed and she just was depressed all the time.i felt so bad for her i helped her by talking to her but i didnt really know what she was going through.but now everything changed when i went to 7th grade i have my best friend in one of my classes im getting bullyed and not doing as great in school like i did last year im always so depressed.and now my friend has more friendsin her classes, doesnt get bullyed and shes a A student.what do i do and im getting soooooooooo lazy lately Frown

Hey girl,

Don't be too hard on yourself! School can be really stressful, so it's normal to feel overwhelmed at times! If you are having trouble keeping up with the work in a certain class, you could ask your teacher for study tips so they'll know you want to make an effort to do better. If you're being bullied and worried you're becoming depressed, it's really important that you speak with a trusted adult such as a parent, teacher, guidance counselor or doctor ASAP so they can help you sort everything out. For additional help, check out this post: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

by holly6090 on 11/24/2012 11:08:47 PM

I always get A-grades. Jealous?

You shouldn't be.

What I lack in fails for tests,is replaced by awkwardness, insecurity, mental ramblings, overthinking and other emotional and mental disabilities and disappointments.

More importantly, I can always feel the pressure everyone puts on me. If someone gets a higher mark than me, even if he had one mistake less, they're over-excited and rub it in my face.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT!

I'm happy for everyone that gets a high mark. You should be happy for yourself and not compare yourself to other people!

Please appreciate getting a fail for a test once in a while.

At least you won't create a perfect image of yourself.

by Moira1999 on 11/17/2012 5:36:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! Laughing
I am 12 years old i think I have a weight problem. I am 116 I am not sure how to lose weight. I am always sucking in my stomach to make the illusion I am skinner than i am. But My thighs are the issue. I am not sure how to lose the inner thigh weight! If anyone could help me with inner thigh weight could you email me at? It woulld help sooo much!
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

Hey Girl, I am sorry but we cannot email you or ask for any personal info. 116 lbs is not always overweight, it depends on things like your height, muscle mass, and how much you exercise. Try this link:

For your legs, scroll over to health and fitness and down to workouts. I know there is one specifically for legs that was posted a few weeks ago.

I hope this helps!

hannah H.

Hannah H.

by cheyenne1Dlover on 11/6/2012 1:46:19 PM

Mod! Mod! Mod! Mod! Mod!
My uncle died last November. He and I were really close. I haven't been to the cemetery since he was buried. I want to go but I want to go by myself. I need some time with him by myself. The only problem is I'm not old enough to drive so my mom would have to take me but I need time to myself and I don't know how to ask her if I can go and tell her I want to go alone. Also, for his funeral a family friend asked for pictures of him to make a video. Then they decided to make a collage. Most of the pictures of him and me that I have are in that collage and I can't get them back and I don't want to seem insensitive by asking my aunt for them. Please help me! Thank you!

Hey Sweetheat118, tell your mom you'd like to go alone. Explain to her the same way you did to me. I'm sure she'll understand. Do the same with your aunt. Let her know how important those pictures were to you and how they're your only copies. If you feel awkward, get your mom to do it. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Sweetheart118 on 11/1/2012 10:04:06 PM

I just need some help with something: today was the school dance and for some reason, a whole bunch of people came up to me in the middle of the dance to tell me they decided they hate me. I am really hurt but don't want to show it. I don't know if they hate me because I'm a 95% + student or because I'm the "popular girl". I've never done anything mean to them and I don't want to go to school tomorrow. How do I bring this up with them, or others and how do I feel good about myself again? I feel totally crappy and down-in-the-dumps. If anyone has advice or has ever been in my situation- help would be appreciated.
Thanks, kwiny12

by kwiny12 on 10/31/2012 11:46:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD! So, right now I'm having a hard time transitioning from 6th to 7th grade... middle school is a lot different. But I honestly don't know what I'm so worried about as I'm a straight-A student who respects her teachers and has lots of musical an artistic talents. I try to tell myself that there would be so many kids who would love to have a life like me, but yet I feel so pressured to be perfect. Sometimes I'm intimidated about what the future has to hold. I've had a lot going on lately, too. Any advice for the stress that I'm putting on myself? Also, if you could go back to when you were in 7th grade and change any of your actions or decisions, what would you do? Thanks for reading my little essay. Smile

Hannah H.

by Emma23416 on 10/18/2012 11:55:17 AM

MOD MOD
I have a lot of blackheads. What can I use to get rid of them???

Hey girlie, find a face wash and an spot treatment cream that are formulated for blackheads. Clean & Clear makes some, and I'm sure other brands do to. It will help you target the ones that you have and prevent new ones from popping up.

Lauren T.

by Lizzylizard101 on 10/14/2012 8:03:20 PM

MODMODMODSmile
hey Smile ok so i have a really important problem. im 12, and im trying to lose weight. so now i bet ur thinking, "oh, your such a little girl, you dont need to lose weight! i bet you're like 110 pounds!!Smile" well im not. im 175. and thats BAD. unhealthy. and i hate how im so fat too. i dont look as fat as i am, because im really tall so the fat is, uh, i guess, spread out around my body, but i still look fat. i have love handels and big thighs and most people think im 15 or 16. so anyway, ive been trying to lose weight, and ive told a few of my friends, but theyre all "oh you dont need to lose weight!! you're growing its kinda just gonna backfire. it wont work anyway." so now im stuck. should i not worry about it till im 15 and endure this deppressing fact for 3 more years? or can i actually lose weight now? i have gotten my period, idk if that has anything to do with weight, but just in case it does, yeah. so please help!! i really wanna slim down for spring/summer 2013!!

Hey lilmissamazing, I think you should start loosing weight. Get your body in shape now so that by the time you're 15 you won't have to worry about how you look.

Also it's something that would make you happy and I'm all for happiness. For exercise and diet tips and suggestions search through our articles. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by lilmissamazing on 10/11/2012 9:42:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Okay, so I'm not the one to admit or tell anyone anything but it's eating me alive. When I was around 5 or 6 years old i was molested my brother who was around 12 or 13. I remember everything about it but don't want to share it, it hurts too much. When I was around 11 I remembered it and it has followed me every since. I carry a knife and I don't let any of my guys friends touch me that often aside from a hug or a handshake. I'm turned into a paranoid 16 year old. Please Help!

Honey! I am so sorry this happened to you. Im glad you finally felt safe enough to tell someone and Im glad I can be here for you. My best advice would be to get help. From someone you trust. And if youre nervous about close relatives knowing, you could tell your guidance counselor at school! They would give you advice and piece of mind and probably be able to suggest things that would help you recover. Just know that you are not alone, other girls have gone through the same thing as you and I think you're very brave for being honest about it. Good luck hon! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by ImJustMe96 on 10/9/2012 10:33:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Okay im done with waiting! I'm in 8th grade now and I STILL haven't gotten my period. Is there something wrong with me? Everyone of my friends has gotten theres except me! and all of my friends make fun of me because i'm small chested. HELP PLEASE! Smile

Hey! I know it seems like it's taking forever, but I promise you will get your period. Try not to focus on it too much and it won't upset you. If your friends tease you, either ignore them or ask them why they think it's so funny. Good luck and hang in there!

Helen S.

by KatieBieber on 9/22/2012 12:23:21 PM

MOD I'm a sophomore nd I'm on varsity soccer team nd then a new girl came a few weks ago nd took my spot nd is being so mean to me! I got moved down to JV nd I asked the coach y I got moved down bc I felt like I shld  know y since I worked really hard to get on varsity nd then I got n huge trouble for tht w the head coach nd almost got kicked off nd then a few days ago we had a game nd my coach said I could play w varsity tht game and then he had me sit the bench the whole time nd then yesterday we had another game nd he told me to play w varsity again nd I sat the bench for a while and toward the end I asked if I could play nd he told me if I ask that again he would kick me off the whole soccer program then he told the head coach who got even more mad at me idk what to do! I just want to transfer so bad! I've come home crying everyday the past few weeks idk how to handle this even my parents don't know what to do!

Hey girl,

Maybe you could schedule a meeting with your parents and the coaches to discuss why you're on JV and what you can do? They might have gotten upset by your asking if they thought you were being negative about being on the JV team, but if you work really hard maybe you can play some games on varsity. If you're on the bench, at least you're a part of the varsity game, but I totally get why that would be upsetting! If this girl is mean to you and you're crying, though, you should definitely talk to your parents about bringing it up with the coach and finding a solution that works for everyone.

by SnowBoarder88 on 9/21/2012 10:28:59 PM

Hey girl,

by SnowBoarder88 on 9/21/2012 9:49:56 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
I always feel so worried about what everyone thinks about me. And I never feel perfect. Any tips to make me feel better about myself?

Hey chica, remember, no one is perfect! It's our imperfections that make us unique- it's not a bad thing! Try making a list of things that you really like about yourself. You could even do this with a group of friends, everyone can help add to everyone else's list. Whenever your feeling down about yourself, go over that list to remind yourself how awesome you really are.

Lauren I.

by monopolyandpenny2000 on 9/21/2012 10:48:14 AM

MOD MOD o my problem is that I'm nervous persenting to my class.

Hey girl,

It's totally normal to be nervous before a class presentation, but the good news is that everyone else is probably nervous, too! Imagine you're only saying these things to your friends and not to the whole class and you'll be less nervous. You can also practice your presentation on your friends or family to get more comfortable with it!

by XOXO42815 on 9/16/2012 12:54:11 AM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
I think i have a problem........ when i look in the mirror i see this fat girl, but i didnt starve myself. i just didnt eat as much as i used to. it really got on to me when my sister said i was fat, and my crush said i was.. I,m about 80 pounds now, and i,m 11. Does that sound fat to you??? Thanxs Smile

Hey girl,

Weight is different for everyone, so there's no correct weight for your age -- it depends on height and other factors, too! But I do know that you are PERFECT the way you are! As long as you are eating healthy and staying active, you do NOT need to think about how much you are eating and calories -- just stop when you are full! Don't listen to other people being unkind--just focus on living a healthy lifestyle, and that can mean different sizes for different people! If you are feeling down because of what others are saying and your perception of yourself, please please please talk to a trusted adult like a parent, older family member, teacher or guidance counselor about how you are feeling. They can help you work through why you're feeling this way and help you!! You are never alone and you are AMAZING the way you are!

by amanda16 on 9/15/2012 10:26:57 PM

I've asked a question on here two days ago and nothing showed up…so yeah. But I really need help. Next week I have to present something to my reading class and I'm really nervous getting up and talking infront of everyone. I really need advice on how to be calm and everything when I'm up presenting. You don't even have to be a MOD. I'll take anything I can get!! Please help!! Oh, and please don't say picture everyone in their underwear!! Thx!!

Hannah H.

by XOXO42815 on 9/13/2012 4:01:18 PM

Sometimes i find myself thinking of embarresing moments from the past. I concentrate on the memory and think of one thing i am proud of myself for. Example: if i got the guts to climb the monkey bars in fifth grade and hang upside down. Then my skirt fell down and showed my undies when i was hanging. i would think, "I'm proud of myself for being brave to try the monkey bars" and that makes me feel better

by lms229 on 9/9/2012 9:29:56 AM

@helloimawkward1
Maybe the people in your PE class just wanted you to feel good about your attempt at it. About your crush, my idea is that he's trying to get a little bit of attention from you, so, I would say to give him some! (:

Hope this helps!
Brittany R. <3

by brittbear98 on 9/8/2012 6:41:16 PM

Can i tell you guys something wierd? yesterday during PE i had to do the pull-up test. of course i didnt get any,but when i dropped down, i got more attention than the only girl who got any pull-ups!! i got multiple high fives,a few claps,and my crush said "nice try!" (yes!). so what exactly do you think that this means? i've never been popular in my whole life or anything...

by helloimawkward1 on 9/8/2012 5:08:00 PM

I usually Blow bubbles or write the lyrics to songs i like in fancy handwriting or doodle or make up a new hairstyle or look t the note i still have that my crush gave me 2 years ago saying he liked me back (which still gives me the same rush of excitement) or sing in my head this gofy sng i made up with my friends in 6th gradeor think o random hilarious memories that are irrelevant to the current situation. Wacky cheerful stuff! Smile

by sarahaqua17 on 9/8/2012 4:35:00 PM

Some ways that I chase away my blues are reading and listening to music.

by otter77 on 9/8/2012 2:42:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD please answer, this is so important to me. so i was on the modified field hockey team last year, and they never make cuts so i didn't practice for this year. this year, too many girls tried out so they had to make cuts. i'm not the best runner, and i'm not too good at field hockey, but i thought i was better than some of the people that made it, but i didn't make it. i'm really really sad about it. i don't want to have to go to school and see the girls wearing their jerseys and spirit and see two of my friends talking about their games and i definitely don't want to tell people on my afternoon bus that i'm on it because i didn't make the team, even though i was on the team last year! i'm gonna miss going to team bonding and having all that fun. how do i get over my sadness and avoid being sad when i see everyone in jerseys at school? please don't say to think about who has it worse, thats what everyone says. i just wanna feel better. thanks Smile Xx

Hey! That's so sad, I'm really sorry. I think you're just going to be upset for a while, but one way to work on feeling better would be to try to join another activity you're interested in, or maybe practice up for next year's tryouts. good luck!

Helen S.

by laughlots on 9/8/2012 1:53:53 PM

MOD MOD!
Hey, so whenever I try a mirror thing "find something you like" I always focus on the BAD things, and I can't help it!

Hey girl,

Try turning what you see as "bad" into something positive -- those things are what makes you unique! If you stop seeing things as good and bad and start seeing them as who you are, you'll be a lot happier Smile You are beautiful inside and out!

by WinnieGirlie on 9/7/2012 11:55:19 PM

Mod Mod mod mod mod mod!!!!
Please I really like this cute guy for a while now, but the problem is I don't know him. I never talked to him in my life but I decided that this year I'm finally going to say hi, but I don't know how. Like whenever I want to I'm gone & when I pass him in the hallway I notice him after he walked passed me. Please answer me it's so hard for me just to say hi and I actually have been having dreams about him. The other thing is I feel like I'll NEVER stand a chance because there's girls that look like models and Im just not pretty. ( I'm not trying to fish for compliments it's just something I believe)

Hey girl,

If he's shallow enough to care only about looks, he's not worth your time, even though I'm sure you are beautiful! If you want to say hi, just go up and introduce yourself! You don't have to be flirty and you will probably be nervous, but if you just start a casual conversation about school it won't be that awkward! Good luck Smile

by Icecreamluver on 9/7/2012 11:12:51 PM

That's what I always tell my friends when they're feeling blue!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ATTENTION! Need advice? Join Problem Place. Not only will we boost your self esteem, we'll also give you advice and help you through sticky situations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over-whelmed by fashion? My club, The Chichi Circle, will help you find your personal style, how to rock it and keep you updated with the latest trends while socializing with other club members.

by Shadow.Fall691 on 9/7/2012 10:25:21 PM

mod mod mod!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl,

Long distance relationships can work, but it can be tricky! Check out these posts on long distance relationships for more info and advice! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/03/12/long-distance-love.aspx http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/05/24/My-boyfriend-is-moving-across-the-country.aspx

Meghan D. Meghan D.

by PlushPurplePanda on 9/7/2012 10:13:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have a cussing problem...I get really angry easily and then I start to cuss ALOT. Well this girl is threatening to tell my parents about my cussing, and it's scaring me so much cuz if she tells them I'm dead in a second! HOW DO I GET HER TO NOT TELL MY PARENTS. Ps: I am trying to stop cussing right now! But she doesn't understand that.

Hey girl,

This is a natural stage that many people go through! Try talking to a trusted adult or guidance counselor about what's making you angry and why you're cussing -- if you can sort through your problems, you will understand yourself better and be able to stop more than if you try on your own. And if you tell your parents about it now, even if they're upset, it will be a lot better hearing it from you than from her, and they can help you stop!

by paramoregurl on 9/7/2012 8:20:21 PM

MOd MOD MOD mod
I tihnk this guy in my english class likes me cuz yesterday he talked to me some, said I was a good drawer and asked me to show him some more stuff today, and asked how my summer was. I was onna show him my notebook today but we had an assmebly that hour so I didn't have a chance but I think he looked over at me once or twice and in the hallyways a couple times. Do you tihnk he likes me or just wants a girl best friend?

by teampeetapercy on 9/7/2012 4:07:32 PM

MODMODMOD
I tend to fall for guys way to fast!! Is there any way to remind myself to pace myself...and just become his friend first?

by Emily241997 on 9/7/2012 3:58:22 PM

I found out my crush is bi....

Hey girl,

It's normal to have questions at that point, but if your crush isn't willing to talk about it, I wouldn't pry...he might be figuring things out and not want to chat! If he does bring up the topic, listen with an open mind and be supportive.

by teampeetapercy on 9/7/2012 3:25:09 PM

MOD MOd
Today in English this guy who I kinda know complimeneted me on my drawing on my notebook, said it looked like it was printer on there, and when I said I made another one he asked e to bring it to class tomorrow to show him. he asked how my summer was and we talked a little, He seemd nice! Do you think he might like me, or does he just wnat a gal friend? Thanks!

Hey girl,

He might like you, or he might just want to be friends, but either way, there's no harm in spending time together until you find out! If he seems nice, keep hanging out as friends and see what happens!

by teampeetapercy on 9/7/2012 3:24:21 PM

When ever I feel really sad, I sing a song that has the same problem or write one. When my parents make me mad, I write a song about it or I sing Complicated by Avril Lavigne. Laughing Music helps me with EVERYTHING.

**********ATTENTION**********

Are you a fan of the hit teen drama series Hollywood Heights? Then join my Hollywood Heights Fan Club! We'll talk about all of the episodes, give our opinions and tell what you think might happen. There are also positions open. Join now! Laughing

by Princess Keziyah on 9/7/2012 12:46:28 PM

Hey girls! I started up a new club called, 'I'm Sorry'. The title DOES explain all! So far there's three other members! Thanks to all those who joined! If you want to find out more, search 'I'm Sorry' and then click the button that has different options and click on the clubs only button. You'll see my club! But to make life easier, you can click on my username and find it! Thank you to all who join!

by Gabriella123 on 9/7/2012 7:51:12 AM

MOD
im using Maybelline Fit Me foundation and sometimes the covergirl clean foundation. do u think if i drink more water and eat better my skin will get better on its own while i still wear this make up or should i wear less and find another brand..

Hey Im.Unique.YAY!, mhmm I think the foundations are messing with your skin. The fact that you are two different products may not be good since there are different ingredients that may not combine well. If you absolutely have to use a foundation try getting a natural one. Check out Bare Minerals and Bare Escentuals. I've heard they work well. Yup, I think water will really help. I drinks lots of water during the day and I have definitely seen a difference. Also be sure to wash your face day and night (I recommend Burt's Bees acne wash and facial cleanser) and keep it moisturized. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Im.Unique.YAY! on 9/6/2012 10:42:16 PM

I have one guy friend, we used to be really close, he was my best friend. Earlier this year we got into a fight and I was never really happy with the way it ended. He's changed a lot since we were best friends and now he always complains about everything and he brings my mood down a lot and I don't like hanging out with him. I've tried to fix our friendship, but now I just want out but he's friends with some of my friends and he sits with us at lunch and I don't want to hang out with him anymore. Is there anyway to stop hanging around him without like ruining his friendship with everyone else? thxs!

Hey chicky97, mhmm this is a little sticky. As long as you don't make the situation awkward it won't be or not quite as much. Still be yourself around your friends and just try not to pay too much attention to him. Continue being friendly saying hi and asking how his day went and leave it at that. If starts to act or say something negative ignore him and go back to hanging with your buddies. I'm sure the people in your friend group will start to see that it's him causing the trouble. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by chicky97 on 9/6/2012 9:55:59 PM

MOD!
My skin was pretty decent in the summer cuz i never wore makeup but now that school is started i started wearing makeup again and im breaking out! if i stop wearing make up everyone will see my ugly skinn I have terrible acne Frown i haate wearing makeup honestly.

Hey Im.Unique.YAY!, well the makeup could be making your skin worse. What products and brands are you using? Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Im.Unique.YAY! on 9/6/2012 9:51:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I've been feeling very stressed lately. Between school, HW, church, chores. . . IDK. I just feel so overwhelmed and frazzled. Do you have any tips for de-stressing? Because of my stress, I normally get bad headaches and stomach aches. I want to not worry so much, because my mom said it's not good for me and that I'll get an ulcer if I keep on worrying, but I just can't. Please help!!

Hey DANCINGQUEEN9812, it sounds like some organization will help. If you create a scheldule that gives you time to dedicate yourself to school, chores, homework and everything else you'll be good to go. Don't forget to include breaks for rest and socializing. Sit down and go over the times you have to go to school, do homework and church. Space each thing out over the week, so you won't be overwhelmed trying to cram everything in. When you get those headaches or stomach pains, try some deep breathing exercises to calm your body down. Hope this helps girly!!!! Xoxo

Lynae P.