2 HOURS AGO Can girls make the first move—or is that weird? http://t.co/tgtlB9KNYl

5 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 Western chick wrangles these @BuccoCapensis navy boots: http://t.co/o8FUIQYMbr

5 HOURS AGO Snag a sneak peek of @jacquieleemusic's new EP: http://t.co/CsAj7j0goN #thevoice

COMMENTS

Copycat alert! Help your friend find her own style

Your friend is always joining the same clubs and doing everything that you do. You like her, of course, but you’re tired of seeing her every second...

Why are some girls so snotty I mean
When I'm at the mall these girls give me
Death glares for no reason my mom said it
Was because I was a lot prettier then them and
Girls are funny about that but she's my mom
So she's supposed to say that! Please give me
Some advice Thanks a lot Smile

hey! there could be many reasons that they looked at you, and you may be reading too much into it. maybe they weren't intending to glare at you in a mean way. If they were so what? You don't have to worry about them if they're just being mean. That's their problem. you just keep doing your thing girl Smile

Helen S.

by redvelvetluv on 1/12/2013 2:10:11 PM

Okay hi. So this year I started my freshman year of high school, naturally meeting a LOT of new people. One girl in particular, though it took a few months for it to really happen, i became SO close with. Closer than I've ever been before with anyone. I am not in any way lesbian or bisexual, not that I have problem with people who are, but I'm not, and neither is this new besfriend of mine. I don't view her in that way either, at all, its weird to think about. But the thing is, I feel like without her I might as well be dead. I am so emotionally dependent on her it's not funny, and I care about her so much and all I want in life is for this girl to be happy. She doesnt have a perfect life, its really rough for her at home and I always am there for her because she doesnt get the love she deserves all the time. Is there something wrong with our friendship? What am I dealing with here?

Hey girl,

The best thing about having a best friend is having someone there to lean and rely on. It's totally normal to want nothing more than your BFF to be happy, after all, that's pretty much what we all want for our best ladies. When you see someone you care so much about go through something horrible, it's very, very difficult. There's nothing wrong with your friendship. What you feel toward her is probably a mixture of caring for her as a best friend and empathizing with her situation. Just keep being the awesome friend that you are and everything will work out. Xoxo

Alexis G.

by Ernsterr on 1/10/2013 2:10:15 AM

my firend and i are best friends but she dont want me to come over anymore i dont know why how can i ask her?

by popgirl79 on 1/5/2013 11:56:48 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
I am not feeling very good but I promised my friend that I would go to her archery class with her. I think I might tell her that I am not going but I don't want to hurt her feelings or make her think that I don't want to go because I do. She really wants me to go but I really don't feel good. What should I do? Help me ASAP!!!! Thanks!

Hey girl,

I'm sure she will understand if you're sick! Just tell her the truth and that you would be happy to go with her to the class next time. Get some rest and feel better!

Meghan D.

by cupcakecutie325 on 12/17/2012 7:32:21 PM

*Mod*
I kinda need help. I'm really jelous of my best friend. I know I shouldn't be, but I can't help it. I've always felt that I wasn't as good as her ever since were little. She's not what you call "super-popular" or anything its just that everyone loves her cause of her outgoing personality. She can talk to anyone and makes new friends so easily. I try to be this this way but its just not me. I'm nice and all, but I get really shy and uncomfortable sometimes. Everyone loves her, and im kinda just her side-kick if u know what I mean. Shes also very talented and gets every bit of recognition for it too. Shes musical, good at sports, smart etc. The problem is that i compare myself to her all the time.I'm good at my own things too, but nobody notices.I'm good in school, a good writer, a pretty good singer and songwriter too.Mom says its cause my friend talks about herself so much and i keep to myself.Could u help please?This is serious. I dont feel special or important compared to her.

Hey girl, don't be so hard on yourself! You have tons of awesome talents that your friend doesn't, and there's nothing wrong with being introverted. You two complete each other! Don't be afraid to speak up about your accomplishments and invite her to your events, too. And it's okay to make new friends who like what you do, too!

Meghan D.

by 99Jade86 on 11/24/2012 10:01:31 PM

hey yall...need any advice come be a fan on my advice queen pg. or ask me a question and i will give you advice. same name as my profile. you can come to my profile to find it. cant wait to help you Smile ttyl

by katymarielove on 10/29/2012 8:28:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm having friend problems. My best friend and I have been friends since 3rd grade. But she kinda acts funny sometimes. Like sometimes she randomly starts a fight while were texting. Like she asked if i had all a's and i said yes and she said that a was a goody two shoes. Then she would randomly stop. And sometimes when my mom says no to a sleepover she'll say i'm no fun. But this time we had plans to go to the fair (the fair is a carnival) today and then she said that she had to go to her cousins so she couldn't got o the fair. Then at the last minute she says her dad is taking her without any friends. Then she posted a pic on intsagram with her friend kacey. I feel like she ditched me. And im very sad. Is she a good friend??

Hey girl,

It sounds like you and your friend need to sit down and talk in person! While things that your parents decide (like not having a sleepover or going to a cousin's) are out of your control, if she lied to you and took another friend when you already had plans, that's not cool at all, and you deserve to know what's up! Tell her that you like spending time with her and want to stay friends, but that you're worried you're drifting apart. Tell her (without being accusatory) that you were sad to see the photo of her with someone else, and ask if you did something to upset her or if there was a reason (maybe a parent?) that she went with someone else. Let her know that her friendship is important to you but that you don't like her being mean, and listen to her side too so that you can work things out!

Meghan D.

by sheershine101 on 9/28/2012 8:59:19 PM

When i saw this article i knew it was just for me. i have this friend at school who ever since ive been friends with her shes been getting bra's that were way to big for her just because i have that bra or if i get shirt thats way cute, she just has to get a shirt thats better then mine. i feel like shes competed against me and i want it to stop, because i love her to death but it kinda get annoying. Ive actually spoke to her but she just denies it! HELPPPP

by natasaxoxo on 9/24/2012 4:51:32 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!!!!
Thanks sooo much. I have one lunch with my best friend and I want to sit with her at lunch but she sits with some people in marching band that I don't know that well and I a guy I like and I'm almost afraid to ask if its ok with her because I dont want to be somewhere if I'm not wanted but I also want to get a little bit away from that other girl. What is a good way to ask that dosent sound weird????

Hey girlie, if you see her in the mornings, ask her if she wants to eat lunch together. Then she'll probably invite you to sit with her marching band friends or she might choose to sit with you. But either way, you've put the idea of eating with you in her mind and you're one step closer.
Lauren T.

by ladyinlike on 9/23/2012 7:12:56 PM

MODMODMODMOD!!!!!! So for awhile I had multiple best friends but now I am realizing that I only have one friend that I'm super close with. She's a great listener, understands me, has a personality identical to mine and we're a perfect match for each other we text all the time and tell each other everything and even though my moms only met once I can tell she likes her they were talking and laughing and getting along really well. My problem is there's a girl that I thought I was bffs with but now I'm not so sure. She has a history of lying for attention, she starts drama and she can be really self centered. Once she went off on me because I was talking about I guy I liked and said that I didn't care about anyone but myself. I don't want to just stop talking to her but I don't consider her my best friend anymore and My mom dosent like her at all. Do I carry on with knowing my best friend is and leting the other girl believe what she wants to spare her feelings?? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girlie, she sounds like the kind of girl who likes to cause trouble so it's probably best to stay on her good side. Just be friendly with her and keep your real best friend by your side.

Lauren T.

by ladyinlike on 9/23/2012 6:59:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Where can we ask questions about our friends at? Oh, and another, when does the Victorious Cat doll contest close and show winners??? Thanks

Hey girly, you could always ask a mod your question about friends or try looking for an advice club. As for the contest, I'm not too sure. Just keep checking back so you don't miss the winners.

Lauren I.

by LilacForever on 9/21/2012 7:56:58 AM

Soo i really nees advie so i have this friend we are suposedly bffs but some days we will be like tht and others we get into stupid fight like over gum and usually over things like when the other gets something the other doesnt have or for me its when she gets something i have tht i want like to be different or something she wants to play safe and she will ask what im wearing bc she doesnt wanna stand out whenvlever she comes over its usually fun but then there will always be an awkward moment where i feel like i cant really talk to her about something i feel like sometimes what i say she doesnt get or what i wanna tell her it may seem important to me but to her its stupid even tho we r both quieter people it seems like shes liked more bc she will talk a little more than i do i want a good friend who i can talk to w out feeling awkward i just dont know if its her or what i should do about our fights bc ive tried but its always my fault

Hey XOXOLOVE, you guys need to sit down and talk. She probably feels the same way as you about the fights. Find a quiet place where you guys can sit down and get all your feelings out. You both should promise to be the best friends you can to each other. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by XOXOLOVE on 9/16/2012 11:16:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD my friend Ivy loves fashion, and is a girly-girl, and likes make-up, and shorty-shorts, high heels and blah, blah, blah,while I on the other hand am a tom-boy. I hate make-up, I throw my jeans and a t-shirt, and sneakers. She always tries to force make-up on me, or get me to wear her clothes. We are best friends, and I hate to say no, but I've had enough. How can I tell her, but not hurt her feelings at the same time?

Hey snappapplez101, when she suggests you wear something, pick out something you like better instead. Or say something like "I think that would look better on you." Letting her know through these subtle hints will get the point across. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by snapapplez101 on 9/9/2012 11:38:52 PM

Seriously? I would love it if my bestie was in all my activities! And maybe your shadow's parent made her join the club because a friend was in it. My parents want me to join tennis just because my friend is in it!

by Bobalina on 9/9/2012 11:00:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD I really really like this guy that goes to my school. He's a year older than me and probably one of the most popular guys in his grade. I have no idea why he's shown interest in me but I really hope he likes me. He texts me all of the time, talks to me and hugs me in the hallways, and invites me to hang out on the weekends. The problem is, I've liked him for a month and I think he knows that, yet he hasn't said anything about liking me. He calls me beautiful, literally beams his gorgeous smile at me when we're talking, and introduces me to his friends. I can't tell if he likes me. He got out of a bad relationship a year ago, and i think that he might be scared to have another one. I don't know what to do. Does he like me? Should I keep liking him? Or is he bad news? Help please.

Hey fashionstar2be, oh he definitely likes you. Just continue taking it slow like you are and keep getting to know him. Entering a relationship is a big thing, so make sure you are ready to get into one too. I think you're fine girly. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by fashionstar2be on 9/9/2012 12:34:20 PM

Mod!
My BFF needs my help because of her so called friend found out every thing about her and where she lives and now following her every where! Plz help me help her! Thnx lots!

Hey girl,

If your friend is worried for her safety, she needs to speak with a trusted adult (parent, teacher, guidance counselor, etc.) asap! Try going places with her so she won't have to be alone, and please, please, please encourage her to talk to her parents asap if someone is following her. An adult needs to know about this to help her!

Meghan D.

by Imdoodlebug on 9/8/2012 11:04:52 PM

MOD MOD
ok so i was wondering if you knew any places that girls my age- 13 and up could volunteer and maybe even get some money?! Thanks Smile

Hey girl,

Here's a great post with some volunteer ideas, and you could also check your local library, animal shelter or assisted living home to see if they had volunteer opportunities. The point of volunteering is that it isn't paid, but you could ask local restaurants and grocery stores if they would hire someone your age for a part-time job. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/07/13/8-ways-to-volunteer-youve-never-thought-of.aspx

Meghan D.

by uniquester on 9/8/2012 10:58:35 PM

Hey girls! I just started a new club called, "I'm Sorry." The title really does explain all. I already have four awesome members! I also check on it daily so you won't feel abandoned! Come join!

by Gabriella123 on 9/8/2012 9:31:03 PM

NEED ADVICE FAST? Check out my advice queen page! I don't hav a lot of fans, so it would mean a lot! Thanks <3

by myfatsquirrel on 9/8/2012 6:20:06 PM

I have this "friend". She has a nice heart, but she can be really annoying. I don't want to hurt her feelings (she doesn't have many friends), but I don't want to hang out with her so much. It's hard, because we are both on the soccer team, and live near each other. And, oh yeah, we kinda carpool! Please help!

Hey! You have to be careful, since you see her so much. I think the next time she annoys you, gently tell her what bothers you. You don't have to be mean, just honest. it'll help your friendship in the long run.

Helen S.

by AlwaysDreamer on 9/8/2012 3:37:08 PM

My camp friend and I had a five day sleepover . She came to my barbecue and she hurt my feelings and didnt say sorry and she called my like 10 minutes atfer she left and she like you have to come over tommorow and I really wanna be with my school friends more kinda and she doesnt stop calling what should i do Thanks

hey! You should tell her how you feel. yeah it's scary, but it's the right thing to do.

Helen S.

by OneDirection1843 on 9/8/2012 2:59:02 PM

When I've had a li'l too much together-time with my BFF I try to gently request that she leave me alone or point out that she doesn't have to follow me everywhere.

by otter77 on 9/8/2012 1:57:22 PM

**********ATTENTION**********

Are you a fan of the hit teen drama series Hollywood Heights? Then join my Hollywood Heights Fan Club! We'll talk about all of the episodes, give our opinions and tell what you think might happen. There are also positions open. Join now! Laughing

by Princess Keziyah on 9/8/2012 1:07:24 PM