1 HOURS AGO One lucky #grandprize winner bags a bunch of fab fall fashion from @JouJou_Jeans at @Nordstrom: http://t.co/HYsw4n4QDN

2 HOURS AGO 20 (more) fashion DIYs you can actually do: http://t.co/WAkWlDf4Ow

14 HOURS AGO Stay sun savvy with 5 beauty buys for sun protection: http://t.co/Aq9qUPQ3nE

COMMENTS

What to do if you think a friend needs help

It’s easy to pretend that everything is all right—for you, for your family, for your friends. But sometimes, it’s just not, and that’s when its time to...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I was diagnosed with cancer about a month ago. About 2 years ago a friend of mine sexually assaulted me. He tried to make me have sex with him. I never really thought much of it because he didn't actually rape me. I thought about it sometimes but all the flashbacks and stuff stopped after about a week. I wasn't really affected by it after that. For the past couple weeks I've had dreams about it. One of my favorite shows is Law and Order:SVU. I watch it all the time. An episode came on where 1 of the detectives had a flashback to her assault. I had seen that episode a million times and it never affected me like this. I had a really bad flashback and a dream about it that night. He didn't rape me so I don't know why this is happening. And it just started about a week after I was diagnosed with cancer. Why is this happening? It hasn't bothered me in 2 years!

Hannah H.

by Snickie on 10/11/2012 4:01:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
There is a guy i really really love and i think he might ask me out. The thing is i cant date and i dont want to break his beatifully amazing heart by saying no. My parents are jaimaician and very strict so if i ask them they will say that im trying to grow up to fast and that im only 10 so i cant be in love. But i feel like he is the one for me. Im even hiding my crush on him from them. PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE HELP ME. Also the mods never answer my post please answer this one.

Hey girl,

If you really feel as strongly as you say you do about this guy, then kudos to you! It's very rare to find something like that at your age, but let's think about this for a minute. Can you understand where your parents are coming from? I know it may seem like they're be unfair but they're only look out for you. In your mind you're old enough to start dating, but to them you're still they're 10-year-old little girl. Does that make sense? It's tough, but you have to realize that you have your whole life to feel as much love as you wish to and if you truly do love this boy, you shouldn't worry about your feelings changing over time and neither should he. xoxo

Alexis G.

by hgrules on 10/4/2012 7:10:10 AM

Mod Mod Mod!
Every time my family does something fun and we come home, I get really sad. They call it post vacation let-down. I usually get over it within a week, but its a really rotten feeling. Any ideas on what I can do to forget about it?

Hey baileymoose, start bringing home things from your vacation. Maybe a keychain, t-shirt or mug, so the fun of the vacation is always with you. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by baileymoose on 9/23/2012 12:33:40 PM

Mod
now that im in middle school and in 7th grade, im not bullied so much, unless you take annoying guys who try to get on your nerves to the point where you yell at them as bullying. but i've also had my fair share of bullying all through out elementry school and some of 6th grade i've been bullied verbally, and i've been hit on perpose befor. But sometimes, its kind of hard to forget about somthing like being bullied, i remember one time a HUGE group of kids had ganged up on me, i had just been walking around playing alone, since im very shy and weird. well they started making fun of me, i got angry and yelled at them to go away, they just laughed and started throwing stuff at me, dirt, weeds, grass, i tried to get away, there were about atleast 10 kids, i tried to run but i couldnt, all i did was hold a rock and they twisted the story to where i was threatining to hit them with the rock. I got in trouble, and they got off the hook.

Hey girl, that's awful! I know it's rough, but I think the best thing you can do is know you're wonderful and put that icky past behind you. Tomorrow is another day. If you ever get bullied like that again though, don't hesitate to tell a teacher or adult. You should not have to deal with that, especially alone.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by lilacmoonstream on 9/17/2012 7:55:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
my friend spends a lot of time online, on tumblr mostly. she met some guy who says he is 16 and addicted to drugs, smokes, and has lung cancer. she is "going out" with this guy on the internet. i've tried telling her that he could be a child molester and everything, but she says she really likes him. what should i do? is there any way to help her without telling an adult?

Hannah H.

by yesnohellogoodbye on 9/13/2012 4:40:02 PM

My brother tried to commit suicide 3 years ago but luckily it failed he turned his life around and is taking classes a tai kwon doe or karate that his therapist recommended he also has a son that is 8 years old. My neighbor just committed suicide a couple months sgo snd succeeded this time unfortuantly i miss him
R.I.P Jay i we miss you
#Jay'sDream

by jazmine ann on 9/11/2012 7:04:27 PM

school has started it's been about 3 weeks now. I have no classes with me old close friends, and now I don't even have a close friend. I have no clique or a core group of friends. I am super fun and sweet out going, and not be conceited but a cute sophomore. Last year I was sorta cool, now I am a noone. I eat with the nerdy kids that are quiet, but I was always nice to. I feel I can't be myself near them, because i'm loud, and I crack jokes that are funny but they wouldn't get. If I didn't have them though I would eat lunch with no one. I'm alone, I don't want to eat lunch in the bathroom. I don't really mind eating lunch by myself, but I would like to have a core group of friends to eat lunch with. help please. I try making new friends, but they end up just being friends, not really like me no one is similar to me and I don't have a bff where I hang out with them 24/7 and we do stuff together. help

Hey girl, that's totally OK that you don't have a BFF. I'd try sitting with different people and just getting to know a variety. Maybe you aren't meant to find people exactly like you — you're too busy being one of a kind and being friends with everyone. Look beyond cliques and just give people a chance in general. You'll find the ones you connect most with will become the group you're looking for, even if they all aren't friends with each other.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by andsothelionfellinlovewiththelamb on 9/10/2012 8:43:20 PM

In the comments I read alot about cutting and I know I'm not a mod and I don't cut but for girls that do try something called the butterfly project.. Here is how it works if you cut try drawing a butterfly on your wrists and if you cut you have killed it. If you don't it lives and no washing it off,that kills it as well.. Try going this everytime you have the urge.. I really hope all the cutters out there get better and stop cutting. <3<3<3 lots of love
-bri <3

by XxBriXD on 9/10/2012 8:39:10 PM

Hey girls!
Need advice about absolutely anything? Got a prob you're embarrassed to go to other people about? Feeling the need to vent about the awful day you just had or anything else and always get a supportive response? That's what I'm here for I absolutely love helping you all by giving top notch advice on any subject under the sun. Seriously ask me about anything....I mean the worst I can say is that I can't answer your question right?! I promise not to judge you and to give each question my undivided attention and thought.
I also give you my honest word that I will never tell you what you want to hear and instead will always tell you the truth and my HONEST opinion about everything.

So if you need advice (or just want a friend to talk too...I <3 meeting new people on here it's SO fun!!) don't hesitate to comment on my profile...it's just a click away<3

xoxo,
maggie183<3

by maggie183 on 9/10/2012 8:24:09 PM

I used to cut but then I stopped because I realized it just wasn't worth it. Whenever I have a bad day I just tell myself what my favorite teacher told me, its not going to last forever. Well theres this girl in my grade I tried telling her what my teacher told me but she wont listen. She cuts, she's been to a mental center for help she even wrote on her wrist "Don't eat!" and cut herself around it. Were not friends just acquiescent. But I've been down that road and don't want anybody to suffer like I did.
How can I help?

Hey girl, tell your guidance counselor or an adult. It's always you want to help, but at this point, it's going to take more than just words of encouragement for this girl. She's going to need a little more help getting on the right path, but she'll thank you someday for being the person who helped directed her to it by helping her seek help. Keep shining, girl!

xoxo