1 HOURS AGO 10 must-do makeup rules you've never heard of: http://t.co/5WVBDTgQD6

13 HOURS AGO Anna & Elsa are servin' up some major hairspo! #PrincessStat: http://t.co/dQpwHoErKm

16 HOURS AGO Swap out your fatty foods for clean nom-worthy treats: http://t.co/HvO68YoFFc

COMMENTS

What to do if you think a friend needs help

It’s easy to pretend that everything is all right—for you, for your family, for your friends. But sometimes, it’s just not, and that’s when its time to...

My friend got sick from skool today, she isn't hyper and happy like she usually is.. (T_T) ah...I wanna cheer her up tomorrow at skool, but idk how? If I be too hyper and nice she'll get annoyed! Trust me I know her since kindergarten! Anywho, got any tips? She gets annoyed relly fast when sick, she went to the doc's today and got medicine but she says it's the same thing and it don't help at all but it takes time..

Hey girl, stinks to hear your friend is sick but I think the only thing that will make her really feel better is well, her getting better and that takes time. You can't make her illness go away. Be attentive, tell her to get well soon and ask if there's anything you can do to help (maybe make soup or lend her your fave movie to watch while she's resting). Beyond that, let nature do its thing.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Susmita24 on 9/10/2012 7:08:50 PM

Me,my friends, and a bunch of others wrote LOVE on our wrist today. Im going to do the candle lighting tonight. NO ONE SHOULD FEEL THAT WAY. LOVE LIFE THE WAY IT IS EVEN IF IT'S BAD!!!

by purple_purple on 9/10/2012 7:06:06 PM

my bff cuts. she used to cut on her wrists but then her mom found out so she stopped for a while but admits that she cuts on her shoulders where her mom cant find them... She is a really happy person should i be worried?

Hey girl, yes you should, and you should let her mother know what she's doing too. Every time she cuts herself, she's putting her life at risk. Self harm is NEVER OK no matter how happy-go-lucky your pal may appear to be. Talk to a counselor and even your parents to ensure you're handling this in the best way possible and that she's getting the help she needs before something awful happens.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by favcolorgreen on 9/10/2012 6:53:55 PM

My best friend recently left me and won't tell me why. I went through a couple of weeks of being very depressed, and now it's strange, because I just feel nothing. Like I don't have emotions. And I don't know if this is shock or not. Is this shock? It's not like I feel there's something in myself that's missing, I just feel nothing. Is this a stage of grief?

Hey girl, I wouldn't say it's shock (shock isn't a stage of grief. The five stages are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance). I think in your case, you've felt so much that you just don't have anything left to feel, no emotional energy (so you're nearing the last stage, acceptance). I know I've been there, and it's a major bummer. Losing people abruptly stinks, and it's going to take a while for you to get used to your world sans your best friend. So just hang in there and spend time with the other friends around you (especially if you've tried reaching out to your ex-BFF and she just won't respond). You won't feel empty forever, I promise. Be strong! xoxo
Alyssa B.

by svds on 9/10/2012 6:42:50 PM

My best friend tried committing suicide twice several years ago. She used to cut also but now she's 7 months clean of that Smile She says she's good now but I know she has problems. She isn't on the verge of cutting or killing herself at all now. I just thought I'd share her story Smile

by 1corinthiansgurl on 9/10/2012 6:15:40 PM

Hey girl, unfortunately in this case, there's only so much you can do. You're taking a great first step by letting her know you care. Let her know if she ever needs to talk you're there for her and actively check on her yourself every once in a while. If she starts to sound negative, a) try to spin her thoughts so they're positive and b) warn her 'rents. Talk to your 'rents about this too — this is really heavy stuff no one, regardless what his or her age is, should go through alone. Best of luck and just keep being a good friend to her. xoxo
Alyssa B.

by svds on 9/10/2012 6:07:34 PM

I knew a woman who my dad cleaned for who committed suicide. we weren't all that close, but she gave me a lot of stuff, and we had a lot in common. her death shook me up a lot. I just feel so bad for the people thinking it's the only way out BECAUSE IT'S NOT. there are people who want to help,and God will help you if you pray to Him!!! suicide is selfish, and life is to precious for you to end.

by Kstar101 on 9/10/2012 4:54:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
hi, so I have a friend that I've had in my classes a couple times before, we aren't super close at all, but we talk sometimes. Well she wears black a lot and she has lines on her wrists. I'm not sure if they are cuts or if she was just leaning on something and got red lines there. I don't know if I should be concerned or not. She's really nice and she seems semi happy but I do know that she is really close to 2 little kids who have serious health issues. Help??

Hey girly, your a great friend for being so concerned. I think you'll find the resources you need here:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

If you still need help, check back with us.  Wishing you and your friend the best!

Lauren I.

by kpianoplayer on 9/10/2012 4:21:36 PM

Me and my friends all wrote LOVE on the back of our hands for today. I am in Middle School but last year a girl at our high school committed suicide. I am going to tell all of my friends about the candle thing.

LOVE THE WORLD AND LOVE THE PEOPLE IN IT <3