AN HOUR AGO You’ve got your costume—now spook out your house. 4 ways to make your place scary stylish: http://t.co/4LYak7b5vh #DIY

2 HOURS AGO Get so-pretty Homecoming hair without the salon!: http://t.co/fRGFJyeRem

3 HOURS AGO Do guys like girls who wear makeup? http://t.co/6KjYr0Sxnk

COMMENTS

Who should call or text first: You or your crush?

This guy and I exchanged numbers. So what’s next? Do we set up a date? Who sets it up? Dave: Traditionalists say the guy should take the initiative...

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
So I met the guy I like at my new school in September through one of our mutual friends who lives back at home. We clicked instantly, but we only see each other at band practice, so I gave him my number (at the time I didnt like him like that) and he gave me his. Over the weeks that we got to know each other, we'd often say hi at practice, but we'd text more than we ever really talked. After two months of knowing him, I finally convinced myself to tell him that I like him. I kept it short and to the point, but he never replied back! I waited 24 hours before texting him again, and we went on acting like
nothing had ever happened. Sometimes he finds me at practice & will smile & wave, or if we're walking past each other he'll look at me, say hi & smile when I start to say hi back. We still havent talked about it, so Im wondering if he likes me, likes me? HELP!!!

Hey girl,

He was probably surprised, especially if you told him that over texting. If he hasn't brought it up, I would try to stay friends for now. He knows how you feel, so if he's ready for a relationship, he'll bring it up!

Meghan D.

by aeroangel87 on 11/24/2012 11:47:47 PM

okay so I've already posted a question about i guy i like, and you said he def likes me. since the last time i wrote in, my crush (B) has asked my friend for my number, but never texted me, and snapchatted me, but it ends up being awkward cuz so much time passes in between messages. In school, he pokes me or smiles at me, but once him and his friend (G) went over to my friend (J) and was talking to her and B said "how's (my name)" and my friend laughed and said "you guys are datinggg!!" he knows her so he knows she was joking, but then another time B was with G and hit my butt as he walked past and then smiled at me and I had a class with G right after, and he was smiling at me when I walked in the class. Everyone keeps telling me B likes me but it almost seems like he's mocking me because it's obvious i like him... my friends tell me it's not obvious tho, and he's probably just too nervous to text me or really make a move. PLEASE HELP ME AND TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO!!!

Hey missmanicure, yeah it just sounds like he's a little nervous to make an official move. He's letting you know he's interested by flirting but also giving you indications that he wants you to make the move. Maybe you could ask him out and take things to the next level. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by missmanicure on 11/11/2012 9:42:43 AM

Okay so I was at this cafe with my bff (J) one day when a kid (call him B) and his friend came in. They sat with us for a long time and long story short, B was flirting with me the wholeee time. He also put my number in my phone but because of another reason I never texted him. This was about 4 weeks ago. Then two nights ago at the homecoming dance, me and J were dancing together cuz thats what we normally do and B and his bff S, that J likes (they've know each other for a longtime and are kinda close), came over and started dancing with us. They kept coming back and danced with us multiple times. Today at school S asked J if she liked dancing with him and she started to say it was funny (hes a jokester) and he basically said he danced with her because he was embarassed for her that she wasnt dancing with any other guys. Today B smiled at me every time I saw him plus poking my stomach once when he walked past me. Is S serious? and does B like me or is he just being weird?

S is probably unsure what he and J are. He probably said that to play it safe with J. But who really knows. It seems like B is into you. He sure is flirting! Try hanging out more and you'll be sure to know!
mailyse f.

by missmanicure on 10/15/2012 4:09:21 PM

im dating a guy way more popular then me and his friends dont even knoe my name. what do i don when i feel like i cant even talk to him in public?

by luv-yhu-roxy on 9/24/2012 7:34:42 PM

hellp! im dating a guy wayyy more popular then me..and his friends dont evern know me. what should i do when i feel like i cant even talk to him in public?

by luv-yhu-roxy on 9/24/2012 7:31:43 PM

MODMODMOD
Hi. theres this guy i like and he likes me too and we text constantly. Like, all the time. But i can't talk to him, and he can't talk to me. It's just so awkward for some reason. My best friend is best friends with him, so i see him a lot, and ride in the car with him, and am always with him, but its like: avoid eye contact, physical contact, or talking. We pretend the others not there. Yet when we are texting we are so open! I'm just too shy to talk to him, and he's too shy to talk to me! I've known him for 3 years but still.. ugh its difficult. Smile Thanks so much! Grace

Hey chic_gracie, I understand girl. Even you don't act awkward he won't. So be brave and break the ice. If you don't want to do it by saying something, try texting him while you're in the car. Send him a funny cute text like "Soo you're just not going to talk to me? Smile". Than after that start a convo with him. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by chic_gracie on 9/20/2012 9:12:24 PM

i need help!!!
so i have a really good guy friend and i dont like him he has a girlfriend (but she goes to another school) and we play around like were siblings but its awkward cause everyone tells us we should go out and he says wed make a cute couple and so one day i was walking with him and i hugged him good bye the he POPPED A BONER!!! he claims cause when he hug he pretends im his girlfriend and i dont know what to do i dont want to ruin our friendship (and im friends with his gf too) and sorry if this is soo long but i really do need help Frown

by ineedguyhelp:( on 9/19/2012 12:50:21 AM

MOD! MOD!
My crush and i are friends on FB(I know u guys take a WHOLE lot of questions from me, but this one's really important) and i txted him, bt he didn't txt me bac. I txted him again, and he still didn't answer. So i just gave up......but then i realize he's on fb still! He's been really nice to me in school, so i don't know y he's doing this. Wat should i do?!?!

Hey girly, we love answering your questions. If he isn't responding, don't sweat it. Stop initiating the texting him so much and if he wants to be friends (or more) he'll come to you.

Lauren I.

by Mz.Royalty on 9/17/2012 12:20:02 PM

MOD! MOD!
i HAVE a BGF, and i tell him i luv him, but as a brother. Is it wrong 2 do that??

Hey girl,

That is probably okay as long as you aren't leading him on, but if he tells you he likes you, I would stop saying it because it might confuse or hurt him!

Meghan D.

by Mz.Royalty on 9/15/2012 11:18:09 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod!!
My boyfriend is too scared to kiss me? We hangout at least twice every weekend and once during the weekdays, and we're always saying that "it's going to happen next time" but he always gets too scared... it's really kind of bringing me down, like I've been waiting for a while and I REALLY like him, and he doesn't kiss me or anything but he's always putting his arm around me and hugging me... how can I kick it up a notch? It's really really annoying and kind of makes me sad, like he's kissed other girls but he's too scared to kiss me... what do I do....

Hey girl,

He probably just wants it to be perfect, and if he thinks you have high expectations that could make him even more nervous! Talk to him about it and say that you aren't expecting anything fancy and that you just like being with him. Once you calm his nerves and explain that you like him and aren't trying to pressure him, he'll probably ease up about it and relax!

Meghan D.

by kaleidoscope_eyes on 9/15/2012 11:17:50 PM

MODMODMOD
Hi, im wondering how to take texting 2 real talkin with my bf. we text all the time but we can never talk 2 each other without making it awkward well we r only 12 so..... idk wat should i do 2 help us talk 2 each other???
Thanks,
jennaSmile

Hey girlie, just talk about the same things you talk about via text. Make sure that you're asking open-ended questions so that the conversation continues instead of feeling awkward.

Lauren T.

by slgoethel on 9/15/2012 4:11:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
i like this guy and he knows it but he had a gf. he recently broke up with her and we are friendds and everything. lately i think he likes me but there is this girl that he hangs out with and no one really likes cause she is cruel and not the smartest(she filed two grades and non of our teachers like her) she told him that when he breaks up with his gf that she want to be next. She manipulates boys. while in choir she was making a lists of boys she is gonna date so she can break up with them. to her it is asport. she wants one of my bgf aka my somewhat crush to be her bf too. what should i do?

Hey girlie, talk to him about it. If he's one of your best friends then you can ask him about what he feels for this new girl. And you can warn him about her. But since he and his gf recently broke up, he's probably going to want a little bit of time to himself.

Lauren T.

by ja3908 on 9/15/2012 3:33:13 PM

MOD!
So my crush asked for my number a few months ago. At first, we texted a lot, but now we only text occasionally. We can talk for hours face to face, but we don't text. What does that mean???
Also: (this is a different guy) my other crush told me he loved me the other day, but I'm pretty sure he was joking. We talk in Spanish, but we don't have any other classes with each other. (P.S. His best friend, my crush last year, wrote 'I love you' in my yearbook.)
HELP! Thanks in advance.

Hey girl,

If you can get along in person, that's more important than being able to text. Not everyone likes texting, and that's okay! Also, if someone wrote they loved you in your yearbook, they probably meant it in a friend way, especially if you two are currently friends now. But if you keep getting to know each other as friends, maybe one day in the future you might start dating!

Meghan D.

by smiley12345 on 9/14/2012 8:13:38 PM

MODMODMOD
Hi! A boy in my grade likes me and i kind of like him to but all of my friends say that he's a "bad boy". i think that all the things they're talking about are just rumors, but i don't want to make the wrong deciscion. Smile

Hey girl,

If you like him, don't let rumors keep you from liking him! Untrue gossip is told all the time, and you shouldn't miss out on someone who could be a great guy just because of what other people say! Spend time with him for now, but if he starts being rude to you in any way, move on because you deserve someone who respects you 100%!

Meghan D.

by distractionrainbow on 9/14/2012 5:47:21 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD! so i just started 6 grade and every day after 8 period i see my crush i have liked him this whole yearhe always says hi first and we have told each other how we feel but i think our friends our ruining our relasinship im trying to become close with him what should i do?

Meghan D.

by jadarocks2401 on 9/14/2012 4:02:37 PM

awww, the kids in the pic look so adorable!

by Glitterheart16 on 9/10/2012 9:04:35 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
ok so i have my crush's number and stuff. well whenever we text, im ALWAYS the one who texts first. i feel desperate and awkward because he never seems to want to text me cuz he never texts me in the first place. and mostly, when i text him, he doesnt even reply. i really need help!! what do i do?

Hey girl, it sounds like he's just not interested in you ... at least for the moment. I wouldn't text him (let him initiate this time) but rather try talking in person with him and striking a friendship there instead. Remember, relationships are two-way streets. He has to work at it too for it to go anywhere.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by lilmissamazing on 9/10/2012 8:35:38 PM

Hey girls!
Need advice about absolutely anything? Got a prob you're embarrassed to go to other people about? Feeling the need to vent about the awful day you just had or anything else and always get a supportive response? That's what I'm here for I absolutely love helping you all by giving top notch advice on any subject under the sun. Seriously ask me about anything....I mean the worst I can say is that I can't answer your question right?! I promise not to judge you and to give each question my undivided attention and thought.
I also give you my honest word that I will never tell you what you want to hear and instead will always tell you the truth and my HONEST opinion about everything.

So if you need advice (or just want a friend to talk too...I <3 meeting new people on here it's SO fun!!) don't hesitate to comment on my profile...it's just a click away<3

xoxo,
maggie183<3

by maggie183 on 9/10/2012 8:23:20 PM

LOL, how old are the people in the pic? Like, 10? LOL

by WinnieGirlie on 9/10/2012 8:20:44 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Hi! So I'm a sophomore in high school and basically homecoming is coming up and people have already started asking. My friends think me and this freshman have a "thing" going on. Honestly I like him and I'm pretty sure he likes me. Anyway would it be considered weird if I dated a freshman. I don't this kind of seems like a stupid question. Technically, I am young for my grade and could be a freshman. This freshman guy and I are only 6 months apart in age. Basically, would it be weird of normal for me to date a younger guy? Thanks! Laughing

Hey girl, it wouldn't be weird at all! You're not even a year apart. Don't let the class ranks intimidate you. You'd be just fine!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by bubbly107 on 9/10/2012 8:05:43 PM

my crush finally asked me out!! oh yay! im 12. ok now its awkward between us. everytime i try to sit with him alone he is quieter than usual. but when his friends and my friends are there he is normal. and we sometimes write notes and he is way more open in those. why? and why is he so quiet now?

Hey girl, it might just be because he isn't sure how to act around you now that he's asked you out. So give him a cue: be friendly and ask him questions. Engage him in conversation and act the way you always do. Show just because you're dating, nothing has changed between you. He can still be himself.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by clll4321 on 9/10/2012 7:47:06 PM

MOD MOD
Does he like me? Okay I like this guy Tyler he broke up with his gf today and a couple of days ago his friend told me he was gonna dump his gf for me. Anyways Tyler said she was always mean to him and never liked her! I was like OMG! so he always tries to make me laugh always tries to be by me in line and always keeps glancing back at me but we have the kind of I hate you but your a good friend friendship?!?! You got that? I wanna know if he likes me and if he does can you give me flirting tips and steps? Thanks!

Hey girl, whoa there, I'd be careful. He just dumped his girlfriend, and you're too good to be his rebound. Give him some time to heal (because goodness knows if he'd do it to her, it isn't beyond him to do it to you too) and just see how the vibes are. Talk to him, maybe hang out one-on-one, but don't jump into being his girlfriend just yet.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by misstomboy1 on 9/10/2012 7:26:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
So there's this guys at my school who I really, really like, and I think he likes me too. The only problem is, he can't date...I don't know what to do about it. We hang out sometimes in groups, but hes not allowed to actually date for 2 more years.

Hey girl, see if you can hang out one-on-one as friends for now. You still get to see him, but you just don't put a label on it for now. If that goes well and his parents get to know how great you are, they may be more flexible about the time sentence.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by summergirl21 on 9/10/2012 7:17:10 PM

So I've known this guy since like kindergarden, but we were in the same class in grade five to now (grade 8). He's really nice, but i only like him as a friend. i know he likes me, because his friend told me, and he always talks to me and is really nice and stuff. Its sweet, and i dont mind, but im scared he'll ask me out one day and I'll make him feel all bad. How would I say no? Also, sometimes the flirting goes a little outta control. I'm rlly muscial and i play lotsa instrument, and he'll try to like "beat" that by bragging, and its rlly annoying!Wht do i do there? THX! sry its so long !

Hey girl, I'd ignore his flirting (which could be taken as just typical, friendly teasing) and he'll get the hint to stop. On the asking out part, should he do so, tell him you're super flattered, but you're just not looking for a BF right now (though you'd love to remain friends). Your goal is to let him down easy.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by ColosalMascara on 9/10/2012 6:55:50 PM

MOD!
So I went to a concert with my friend. I went with a few of my step brothers friends. One of his friends (who me and my friend were talking to the whole time) gave both of us his number. He texted both of us the next day. We both answered and stuff, but he only texted her back. Not me. I'm the one interested, she already has a boyfriend. So should I take this as a bad sign? Should I text him? Help, I'm really confused.

Hey girl, I'd text him. It's too early in the game to mark him off completely, and he may have friend potential at the very least. Good luck!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by brenlxl on 9/10/2012 6:31:28 PM

Mod mod mod
Hi! Um... don't think I can give up yummy foods for good. But, I wanna be fit and thin. I'm signing up for a club at school with sports and go to the gym everyday AND am signed up for winter cheerleading for my basketball team. With healthy eating and a yummy snack on the side, will I lose weight?

Hey girl, it sounds like you're on your way to a very healthy lifestyle! I'm sure you'll trim down and tone up with this schedule. And you're right that there is no need to give up all your fave fatty foods, indulging is A Okay every now and then, but, there are really tons of healthy AND yummy options too. =)

Lauren I.

by angelicjade on 9/10/2012 4:39:33 PM

Mod Mod.. I was wondering if you have any running tips? I just started cross country and I'm finding it really tough..thanks!

Hey girl, check out this article:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/09/04/Ace-the-mile-and-skip-the-stitch.aspx
Lauren I.