9 HOURS AGO Skip the scars and heal your skin: http://t.co/oZ1zJSC0Wc

12 HOURS AGO Sleeping with makeup on? Talk about a big beauty no-no: http://t.co/dS4jko36NM

13 HOURS AGO The easiest move for totally toned thighs: http://t.co/Anf69Zawxq

COMMENTS

Period 101: Dealin' with Aunt Flo when school's in session

Once school is back in session, it’s a pretty good bet that you’re not gonna be able to hole up in your room ‘til your period...

mod!
i feel really sick today almost like i might throw up, i have my period and it might just be from cramps but ive been crying all morning long because it hurts so bad. are cramps this bad normal? i also had to miss my third day at a new school! ): Also my mom and dad are in the hospital and my sister is at school only my grandma and little sis are here!

Hey girl! Cramps can be really bad, I've had to stay home a couple days for them, too.  Try a heating pad and some ibuprofien and see if you feel batter after that.  If they're still this bad later tonight, you might want to talk to your grandma about how much they hurt and see if she knows anything  that will help.  xoxo

Kate G.

by smushi on 8/23/2013 12:06:30 PM

In school the nurse said if we have a period and we need a pad we just need to say "Penelope" and she'll give us one. So one day in school i really needed one and i went to the nurses office and my friend who was a boy was sitting there staring me down so i left.

by destine02 on 8/11/2013 8:53:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I'm going into 10th grade and ill have to do swimming probably this year!! Eek! Should I just wear tampons (kinda uncomfortable for me) or just sit out and miss credit? I'm really nervous for it because I'm not that good of a swimmer either! D: I've worn tampons swimming before so I know how it is.

Hey girl! If you’ve worn tampons before, don’t worry about
it- wearing them in the pool is no different!

Melissa T.

by vintage_london on 8/8/2013 2:02:33 PM

i have a vest that zips up from Aeropostale, so i zip a pad in their toprevent the awkwardness of dudes see'n me reach'n for a pad in my locker.

by pinterest on 4/8/2013 9:30:10 PM

I'm only 13 'and I've had 3 periods..but my body thinks its two years younger I'm almost 14..but still should I be worried? I've gotten my periods pretty regular and every month since I've started..I've heard they usually aren't regular the first year..does that mean anything? And my last question is I know I'm about to start soon..but it is driving me crazy I haven't yet because I can just feel I am! Any advice? Sorry for so many questions!

by laurentaylor1221 on 3/18/2013 11:31:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My mom took me to the girl doctor today because I wouldn't stop complaining about my cramps. Turns out I have some sort of disability that makes me have really painful cramps and I forgot what it was called but it starts with a d, and it has something to do wih my uterus contracting way too much. Anyways she gave my some special naproxen medicine (these pills) and my mom told me to one as soon as we got home but I didn't cause I'm too scared to swallow it whole. (It's like the size of a quarter but thicker) now my mom won't let me take another one cause she thinks I just took one a couple hours ago, but my cramps are killing me. It's too embarrassing to tell her that I was too scared to swallow it though.

Hey girl, even if you're embarrassed or you feel bad about not taking the pill, it's important to be honest with your mom and tell her you didn't take it so that you can get the meds you need.  The good news is, even though those pills look big and scary, they go down more easily than you might think.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by DMlover123 on 3/11/2013 1:30:46 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Do you have to have the symptoms multiple times around the same time each month for awhile before you get your period? Because reading the other comments they talk about getting symtpoms around the same time each month but never their period. Thanks for all your help

hey! some people usually experience symptoms the day before they get it

Helen S.

by hottie1250 on 3/9/2013 4:42:15 PM

im 10 and havent gotten my period yet, but i have bad cramps in my stomache!(Ouch!)i dont have discharge though, (just in case u were gonna ask)is this normal??

by Abril on 2/25/2013 9:33:40 PM

I'm really nervous because I haven't gotten my period yet but I think I am getting close to getting it and some of my friends have gotten it at school and it has shown!!! Help me idk what to do!!

by minnesotagirl919 on 2/24/2013 6:45:48 PM

I'm so worried because I think I may get my period soon and I'm scared it will happen at school and it'll show...what should I do?!?!

by minnesotagirl919 on 2/24/2013 6:42:54 PM