2 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

6 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

7 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

Period 101: Dealin' with Aunt Flo when school's in session

Once school is back in session, it’s a pretty good bet that you’re not gonna be able to hole up in your room ‘til your period...

MOD
How long does it take for people to reply to my questions? I've posted a few and I know that there are a lot of girls asking, so I would like to know how long it takes to answer one. And a tip is to always bring a few pads with you at all times (in your bag).

Hey! It depends. So, like, it might take up to an hour in the morning and early afternoon (like now) because we mods have to catch up with all the questions that were posted at night while we're all sleeping Smile late afternoon and evening should be 30 minutes at the most if not immediately since for the most part by then we've caught up and can just mod comments as they come in Smile

Helen S.

by PeculiarGurl on 2/23/2013 2:50:40 AM

MOD So a couple weeks ago I went to the bathroom and saw white stuff in my panties, I think it was discharge but it hasn't came back all I see is a very light mark. I am supposed to get my period this year but when I turn 11 in November and that's in a long time is this my period or just me leaking a bit.

Hey girl, it's probably just some pre-menstrual discharge.  And there's no certain way to tell when exactly you'll get your period, so make sure you're ready for it, just in case.  If you're feeling worried, talk to your Mom (or an adult you trust) about it.
Karin E.

by momo567 on 2/4/2013 12:29:11 PM

MOD I put down like so many questions and it never shows up and nobody answers and I always put mod

Hey girlie,

I'm sorry to hear your questions haven't been answered! I don't see any comments pending from your username, but if you resubmit I would be happy to answer your questions. Thanks for visiting GirlsLife.com, and we're happy to answer your questions!

Meghan D.

by momo567 on 2/2/2013 9:26:04 PM

MY TEACHER IS A BOY!!!! Do I just go up to hm and say that I need to go to the restroom, I'm on my period or what! Help please!

by Maddie12001 on 1/30/2013 2:15:24 AM

first of all, thanks for all your help today. i just made my account and with all the help from mods and the awesome articles im already loving this website. secondly, im scared im gonna get my first period at school. We dont have a school nurse so i cant ask anyone if something does happen? i was thinking of asking my mom for some just in case but i got embarrased and decided not to... any ways to ask her? thanks again for all your help!

Hey girlie,

I would keep a pad in your locker or backpack just in case it happens at school, and don't be nervous about talking to your mom. It seems awkward at first, but she's totally been there and will be happy to help you out!

Meghan D.

by aleadawn on 1/28/2013 7:58:11 PM

My tip is my mom told me that when i have my period to put a pad in my back pocket. It's a good trick and you can't even see the pad.

by laurenm26 on 1/28/2013 5:08:40 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
Alright, so about two days ago I got my first period. However, it is SUPER heavy! I used a pantie liner at first, via my moms suggestion, but it soaked through completely into my underwear within an hour. And I go through pads every 2-3 hours. Is this normal, or should I be concerned? It's also bright red like complete blood.
And, while I'm here: at my school, we aren't allowed to carry purses or little bags and things besides pencil pouches for our, well, pencils. And many of my jeans don't have deep enough pockets for pads or tampons, and I'd rather no one sees me walking down the hall with a pad in my hand. Any suggestions? The first day I got it was the night before going to school the next day, so I slipped a wrapped pad into my binder before gym, waited until no one was looking, pulled it out, and ran for the bathroom. HOWEVER, this isn't exactly a fool-proof plan.
Thanks in advance! <3

Hey girl, its normal for you period to be heavier the first couple of days so make sure your choosing pads that can handle your particular flow. I would talk to your mom or trusted teacher about what yo ucan do...I'm sure they'll let you carry a purse for those reasons!

Jenn S.

by giraffehusky on 1/18/2013 2:38:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Please help. I'm only 12, and I need to know when my period is coming!I have little, itty bitty boobs that are more nipple than boobs, I have pubic hair on my .. down there, legs, and underarms, and I've been getting discharge. I don't know when it's going to happen and I don't want it to happen while I'm in school either. All my friends are dudes, and that's going to be awkward. Please help!

Hey girlie, there's no way to tell for sure. Ask your mom about when she got hers, that tends to be a good indicator.

Lauren T.

by gamer_skater on 1/16/2013 6:38:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I've heard that your period is supposed to come every month but I've been having mine for more than a year and it comes every other month. What's up?

Helen S.

by akaprincess on 1/12/2013 1:16:05 PM

PLEASE ANSWER!!!! QUICK!!
I just got my period today, and I don't know what will happen today or tomorrow what should I do to plan ahead?

by avb123 on 1/12/2013 10:31:17 AM