2 MINUTES AGO RT @bellathorne: @girlslifemag @lorenafroze i learned that is a long but rewarding process and it is emotionally fulfilling

4 MINUTES AGO #GLBella Q20 (last one!): What did you learn from the experience of writing #AutumnFalls? -@lorenafroze

4 MINUTES AGO RT @bellathorne: @girlslifemag @GrandesAve_ a good fit on whatever you wear. it doesn't matter how much something costs if it doesn't fit …

COMMENTS

Period 101: Dealin' with Aunt Flo when school's in session

Once school is back in session, it’s a pretty good bet that you’re not gonna be able to hole up in your room ‘til your period...

MODMODMODMODMODMOD
I am not allowed to do my eyebrows, but I am getting older zo the hairs are getting darker so I have a unibrow and wayyyyy bushy. My dad is super strict but my mom isn't. So how do I convince them I'm old enough, without gettin them mad or worried or it getting awkward?

Hey katgirly, maybe convince your mom that you need to trim your eyebrows, and then she can say something to your dad for you. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by katgirly on 10/25/2012 10:03:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
How many months after the first time you spot can you expect your first period? For four months now I've gotten spotting and cramps around the same time of the month every month! When will my real period be here? Or did I already start? My period is really driving me crazy. How can I stop thinking about it?

Hey purple10115, periods can be tricky and varies depending upon the girl. Try doing other things to occupy your attention. Do you have any favorite hobbies? If so pick them back up again. You can clean and organize things, do homework and get a head start on projects, or treat yourself to a homemade spa treatment. You can do your nails, hair, eyebrows and makeup. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by purple10115 on 10/21/2012 7:47:32 AM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
please help me.
I got my first period today and I was totally fine in the morning but when I got to school my stomach started hurting so bad. I feel like I'm about to puke. I came home early from school but my mom still isn't home. How do I know if these are period cramps or if I'm sick? And what should I do?

Hey girly, I'm no doc, and you could be sick, but this can def be a symptom from your period. I'm sorry your feeling so bad! If your feeling up to it, try eating something light like a banana or some soup. You could take a warm bath to help your cramps or put a heating pad on. It also helps to lie curled up on your side. You can also call mom and ask if its okay to take midol or aleve. Feel better. xoxo

Lauren I.

by Swift_lover123 on 10/19/2012 2:35:30 PM

MOD! I need help!
Tomorrow I have gym and I recently started my period. My mom won't let me wear tampons and I don't want anyone to see my pad! How can I hide it? I haen't told any of my friends and I don't want them to find out either since I'm in 6th grade and no one else seems to have it.
P.S. We're not allowed to change in the bathroom stalls :/

Hey girl, I think you should be fine switching into shorts. Most girls totally aren't paying attention to others while they change, and you could totally use the restroom anyway and switch your shorts in there (and pad while you're at it — remember, it's totally important to change it regularly) if you have to.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by helloimawkward1 on 10/8/2012 5:58:29 PM

mod mod mod mod!!!!
how much will I grow? I'm 14 and I got my period when I was 12. I heard that you only keep growing in height for 2-3 years after you start your period. is this true?

Hey taylorswiftlover101, for some girls it is. Everyone's body is different. Some ladies don't finish growing until their 20s and some even later. It all depends and plus our bods are always changing. It's important that you take care of yourself, both inner and outer. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by taylorswiftlover101 on 10/4/2012 11:52:16 PM

Mod Mod,
Yesterday was my day of the month but i havent gotten my period yet this month. Last month it was ten days early. Is this normal? And when my periods come, i have had cramps but im not all that crabby. Are both these period things normal?

Hey ilovedance12, unfortunately periods can be irregular. Sometimes they come early, other times late. Just be on the lookout for it. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by ilovedance12 on 9/30/2012 10:28:05 PM

MODMODMODMOD
What if my friends don't like asian food, and that makes them not want to come? Its this really cool restaurant where the food is cooked in front of you, and im worried that if people dont like the food, they might not want to come. Also, if i have my period at school tomorrow, should i wear a pad and tampon, since i dont have any liners?

Hey girlie, I'm sure your friends will still come. There's usually something for every kind of taste at that kind of restaurant so you should be good. And yes, if you're worried about a backup go for the pad and tampon combo. That way you won't have to worry about any leaks.

Lauren T.

by futurewriter16 on 9/30/2012 8:35:53 PM

MODMODMOD
My birthday is in the middle of november, and i want to invite a guy friend, and a female friend of mine out to dinner at this awesome restaurant. If i invite a guy, should i invite another guy so the guy isnt the only guy? And how soon should i mention to people that im having a party so i make sure all are free on the same date?

Hey girlie, give people at least 2 or 3 weeks notice before your party to make sure that they don't make any other plans. If it's just the three of you, I think one guy is fine. If you're inviting more girls then you should invite more boys to not single him out.

Lauren T.

by futurewriter16 on 9/30/2012 8:00:46 PM

Mod Mod Mod! please!
I think I just got or I am about to get my first period! I just went the bathroom, and it looked like I had some brown stuff on my undies. Itwasnt a huge splotch, but very noticeable. I've been getting spotting and cramps around the same time evry month for two months, and this is around the time I expected it, but I didnt have any cramps or spotting yet. I did break out and I have a discharge overload, plus my boobs hurt so bad… I have all the signs of puberty, been going thru it for about 3-4 years. Im 14.. Do u think this is my period? Im about to go to bed, so I dont know whats going to happen tommorow. It might just be a little blood mixed with it. Oh, please help me ASAP!

Hey purple10115, yea it sounds like it is on the way. Be sure you tell your parents so you can get some pads and medicine for your cramps. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by purple10115 on 9/30/2012 7:31:49 AM

Mod Mod Mod!!!!!
Please Answer!!
So I get migraines every month, they are always around the 26th, 27th, or the 28th!!! because i didn't get a migraine yesterday or today, that means I'm going to get one tomorrow! My doctor thinks it has something to do with my periods. (with the whole time spacing stuff) I'm thinking tomorrow I might get my period (based on other symptoms) but the thing is, if I don't get it and I end up getting a migraine instead, or i get a migraine also, I'm going to be in pain the whole school day! My migraines are really bad and the whole left side of my body goes completely numb, and i can't walk upstairs or grab anything! neither one of my parents would be able to pick me up ( because its the end of the month so they are really busy at work ) Should i call in sick tomorrow or should i just go to school and hope my body postpones my migraine to Saturday?

Hey taytaychicken331, just to be on the safe side I wouldn't go to school tomorrow. Mhmm those migraines sound really serious. I hope you start feeling better!!! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.