2 HOURS AGO #DailyFiveaway: 3 on-the-go gals grab a fully loaded @Microsoft Surface 2: http://t.co/eVkNdGrXI2

3 HOURS AGO Your ultimate fall nail polish guide!: http://t.co/W9trOYYdNl

16 HOURS AGO #BookClub: A lucky batch of book-lovin babes will score a copy of #Cinder to kick off our new book club. Enter here: http://t.co/UymDNwBfVb

COMMENTS

Period 101: Dealin' with Aunt Flo when school's in session

Once school is back in session, it’s a pretty good bet that you’re not gonna be able to hole up in your room ‘til your period...

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
How light can periods be? For two months in a row now, I got cramps and spotting for five days, but there seemed to be a little more blood tge second time through than the first month. I am confused whether this was my period or not.... The first one happened on August 3rd, the second also happened happened on Septemeber 3rd. I had never had cramps or spotting before those 'incidents'. Also, my mom said it probably wasnt a REAL period yet. I googled it, and some articles said your period will get heavier when the linig of your uterus thickens.Thanks!
I already posted this comment, and mod responded with, "Your period will come at full speed when it's ready!" But I'm still wondering, can this count as my period? Because I'm not sure. Thank you!

Sure it can, the other mod was totally right! Just keep tracking it and you'll be fine.

Alexis G.

by purple10115 on 9/27/2012 7:30:17 AM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
my stomach hurts so bad (cramps)I tried taking midol, a hot bath but its not helping. help!

Hey girly, the midol might take a half hour or so to start working. Or if you've taken it 4-6 hours ago, it may have worn off. Check your label and ask a parent to see if it's time to take some more.  if you can handle it, try eating something - bananas are supposed to be good for cramps. Lie curled up on your side and try to do something to keep your mind off of it. I hope you feel better!

Lauren I.

by fantastic8805 on 9/26/2012 12:53:52 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
Ive had my period for 6 years, and my period is 12 days late this month. It's been late before, and Ive always gotten it. Ive been feeling kinda crampy (but just a little) and a week and a half ago I had what looked like old blood and a little brown. My grandma's a nurse and she says im fine, and my mom said this happened to her every so often when she was my age. She says ill get it, and im fine, and that if there was a problem, she would have taken me to the doctor already. My mom said maybe the spotting was it, but ive never had that before. So should I calm down, let my body do what it's doing, relax, and quit worrying? Will it come? Ive worked myself up so much ahaha

Hey girly, if your gma is a nurse and says your fine, and this has happend to your mom before and she says your fine and you've been late before and ended up fine, then I'm sure your fine! Stress can delay or even make you skip a period, so stop stressing!  Unless your sexualy active, I'm sure there is nothing at all to worry about. If you miss it again next month, then I'd see a doc. But until then, relax and enjoy not having your period =)

Lauren I.

by futurewriter16 on 9/26/2012 11:46:03 AM

Hi! I am 13 and i haven't had my period yet.I am a little worried because i just went to the bathroom and i pooped and some blood was on the toilet paper. Then the past few days i have had some nasty brown disharge. Please help!!

Hannah H.

by cyclones30 on 9/25/2012 3:05:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
my period has been going on for a week and a half, should i be worried? and its really heavy...

Hey girl,

everyone's periods are different. Especially if you just started getting your period, it may be extremely irregular for a while. You shouldn't be too worried,but if it keeps going on for much longer let your mom or trusted adult know! xoxo

Alexis G.

by lilja on 9/25/2012 7:02:17 AM

Modmodmod
She's not a doctor, she's a nurse...but I think I'll calm down. My periods been late before and I've always gotten it...

See you've always gotten it before. No worries. Smile Smile Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Futurewriter16 on 9/23/2012 10:20:54 PM

Mod mod mod mod
I've had my period for 6 yrs almost n it's 10 days late this month. I've had spotting like a week ago tht only lasted for like a day n I've never had tht before. I'm scared I'm not going to get my period. My grandma Is a nurse and she says I'm fine n my body knows what to do but I'm still scared. I'm kinda Crampy n headachey

Hey Futurewriter16, I think you should be okay. It's perfectly normal to be nervous, but no worries. Even your grandma who's a doctor said you'll be fine. If you are still really concerned, you can always schedule an appointment with your doctor. Hope you feel better! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Futurewriter16 on 9/23/2012 9:59:17 PM

Lately, I have been having cravings for sweet and salty foods, I've had discharge for about a year now, and I have been really moody lately. I have also been getting cramps down there for a coupe days at school, and my doctor said I should get it within two months.. Could I be getting it in sooner?

Hey girl,

If your doctor said within two months, that could mean any time now and then! I wouldn't worry about it--it will come when your bod is ready!

Meghan D.

by happyone123 on 9/23/2012 12:57:38 AM

Why don't my comments show up??!!

by catluverforlife on 9/19/2012 2:26:53 PM

Gosh, I only wish I coulda read this a week ago when my time of the month was hitting

by Lilyonthego on 9/19/2012 12:43:31 PM