5 HOURS AGO #BookClub: A lucky batch of book-lovin babes will score a copy of #Cinder to kick off our new book club. Enter here: http://t.co/UymDNwBfVb

7 HOURS AGO 7 more reasons we love hair chalk—get a week's worth of stellar styles: http://t.co/p7KSrefjYG

7 HOURS AGO The challenge is on, stylish sweeties! Enter the @mkc_couture #StyleSelfie contest: http://t.co/Ufc33qWyNE pic.twitter.com/FgoCyUPQST

COMMENTS

Period 101: Dealin' with Aunt Flo when school's in session

Once school is back in session, it’s a pretty good bet that you’re not gonna be able to hole up in your room ‘til your period...

Just a quick question: how do I tell if my comment has been posted? I clicked post but it didn't show up…

by Corgi_girl on 9/18/2012 10:31:47 PM

Mod mod mod!!!
Yesterday I had really bad stomach pain. I was sick at the time so I passed it off as side effects. But today I went to the bathroom and I think my period started. This is my first one. It wasn't runny or bright red...it was more dark red-brown and goopy. Was that my period or just discharge? I want to know before I tell my mom! Please help, it would be really appreciated.

Yep thats most likely your period! It's dark red brown because the blood is a bit more dried up. Probably because its your first time. So if i were you I would go to my mom and get some tampons and pads to prepare for having your period. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by Corgi_girl on 9/18/2012 10:27:54 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
MODMODMOD
ok I hope this mod shows up. I always check for my mods to be answered but they never show up-even a week later. Anyway, last year in 6th grade, it was no problem having my period at skool cuz I just kept pads in my unnoticeable school-uniform pocket. Completely hide able, plus there's a plaid pattern that hide any weird disfigures in the skirt tht my pads made. Well now I'm in junior high, and we have NEW uniforms!! Without pockets!!!! Im in 7th grade, and like NONE of my friends got their period yet. At least none that I know of. Anyway, this means that I can't just bring a pouch with pads in it to the bathroom-it would be awkward and embarrasing. I wear flats, so no pad-in-the-shoe ideas either. Idk what to do!! Luckily, I didn't get my period This month yet, so I've had no problems. I need help!!! I have shorts to wear under my skirt w/pockets but the pockets are TINY. Please help!!! Thanks xx

You know...if I were you I would just carry it to the bathroom in a pouch. Having your period is 100% natural and if anyone thinks youre weird theyre immature and not worth your time. As long as youre not waving around your pads announcing it to everyone I dont see what the problem is. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by Lilmissamazing on 9/18/2012 9:42:40 PM

Mod mod mod
My period has been really heavy for the past 2 days and it's lucky because I have had no school today or yesterday. But I do tomoro and I'm nervous because the only time I can change my pad is at lunch and I'm afraid I'm going to bleed through my pants. What should I do??

Hey girlie,

are you sure that's the only time you can run to the bathroom? Try talking to a trusted girl teacher, she'll definitely understand and you may be able to use the restroom before or after lunch to make sure there are no stains! xoxo
Alexis G.

by Daddy'sgrl12 on 9/18/2012 8:49:25 AM

I have to wear a uniform (skirts) so before I go to school, I double up on pads and when I need to change my pads, I just have to peel one off and TA DA there's a fresh pad underneath. I'll also safety pin a pad to the inside of my skirt since they don't have pockets and we're not allowed to carry bags around with us.

by breezy28 on 9/15/2012 11:31:33 PM

HELP!!!!i have noooooooooo time in between classes to stop at the bathroom,even when i do carry my stuff(really ive tried,i just end up late)!!!!!!!!! i could go during class, but i never take stuff with me so ide look weird! help!!!!

Hey girl,

If going during class would make you not be late, don't worry about how you look! Otherwise, you could explain to your teacher that you might be a minute late to class every now and then if you have to go to the bathroom, I'm sure they'd understand!

Meghan D.

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 9/15/2012 10:47:39 PM

mod mod mod mod mod mod
What kind of lubricant is the best for inserting tampons?

Hey girlie, you don't want to use a lubricant to insert tampons. Your body naturally lubricates itself with your period, which makes tampons go in smoothly.

Lauren T.

by Sarah_12 on 9/15/2012 2:23:06 PM

mod mod mod mod mod
Hi,
I have dance later, and my period is really heavy so my mom said i should try using a super tampon. She bought some for me, but umm.... Its really hard to get it in 'there' it feels like the tampons too big. Help?

Hey girlie, when your period is heavy enough, you'll be more lubricated and they'll fit in easier. If they're not fitting in now, it's either because it's not heavy enough or you've wiped things too dry before you tried.

Lauren T.

by Sarah_12 on 9/15/2012 1:33:08 PM

Hi idk what to do. OMG we are only allowed to go to our lockers in the morning (before homeroom) and at the end of the day when my bus gets called. The teachers wont let us go at all in between and if they catch us we will get a detention. Also kids take my pencil case and stuff to go through it cause they like to be jerks. Lastly I dont want it in my pocket cause it looks like a phone and a girl one time had to prove to the principle that it wasnt a pad and had to show HIM her pad. PLEASE HELP FAST!!!!!!!!

Hey girl,

Can you keep a pencil case (or just the pad) in a zippered binder so other people won't go through it? Or just don't let other people go into your pencil case! If they try to grab it, just take it back! If that doesn't work, try talking to a female teacher you trust and ask for advice on how to handle the situation.

Meghan D.

by Livibits on 9/14/2012 8:55:47 PM

Since my uniform has no pockets, I wear spandex on top of my undies and stash a couple of pads or tampons in them, and I also wear them for extra portection in case I leak. Since my gym shorts are baggyish, you can't really tell. ;)

by mimib290 on 9/14/2012 8:37:50 PM