6 HOURS AGO Are you starting school tomorrow? Here's how to catch your crush's attention on day ONE!: http://t.co/ofBwTb4oVC pic.twitter.com/Wh8MQ6zcjB

8 HOURS AGO Falling in love is tough, especially when it's with your BFF...: http://t.co/8Y2agARy2S pic.twitter.com/WMunvAkTVq

9 HOURS AGO This trick will make babysitting WAY easier!: http://t.co/gk6VwMEJXc pic.twitter.com/tTYCbWmI1T

COMMENTS

Period 101: Dealin' with Aunt Flo when school's in session

Once school is back in session, it’s a pretty good bet that you’re not gonna be able to hole up in your room ‘til your period...

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
How light can periods be? For two months in a row now, I got cramps and spotting for five days, but there seemed to be a little more blood tge second time through than the first month. I am confused whether this was my period or not.... The first one happened on August 3rd, the second also happened happened on Septemeber 3rd. I had never had cramps or spotting before those 'incidents'. Also, my mom said it probably wasnt a REAL period yet. I googled it, and some articles said your period will get heavier when the linig of your uterus thickens.Thanks!

Hey girl,

I would listen to your mom, it might be preceding a heavier period as she said. As long as she knows about it and said it was normal, it sounds like you're fine Smile Your period will come at full speed when it's ready!

Meghan D.

by purple10115 on 9/14/2012 5:41:05 PM

lol the girl looks like Wednesday Addams

by Bobalina on 9/13/2012 10:43:32 PM

In the picture, the little girl looks like she's going to bite off your head, or attack you....

by madi_830 on 9/13/2012 9:08:18 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
What happens if I get my period at school.. and I find out in the bathroom?
Theres no like pad dispensers in my bathrooms.. so I don't know what to do!

Hannah H.

by ziirnn on 9/13/2012 2:44:32 PM

my best tip would be to wear well first off, dark jeans. make sure they have front pockets, that way u can just put a pad in each pocket (well, make sure ur pockets r long enough..dont want anything sticking out) so it saves time, no need to go to ur locker, if u need to leave during class u can just go straight to the bathroom, or on ur way to another class if u already have ur books, thats what i do, and ive been fine the whole time Smile besides, what if there r people around u when ur by ur locker? u dont want to accidentally drop the pad, or have them see u sneaking one out.....awkward. anywho, thats my advice =) good luck girlies!

by uzbekistan on 9/13/2012 7:32:34 AM

Mod Mod Mod We are not allowed to carry backpacks in my school, not allowed to go to our lockers in between our morning and afternoon classes, plus my pencil case is already jam-packed. What should I do?? I have about 3 hours of school in the morning, then lunch, then 3 hours in the afternoon. Help!!

Hey girl,

That's tough. Try cleaning out your books & supplies so that you only have what you need instead of lugging around unused papers & supplies. xoxo
Alexis G.

by MusicIsLove123 on 9/13/2012 6:54:34 AM

great article but weird pic.

by Glitterheart16 on 9/13/2012 12:06:53 AM

Some of my best tips to handle periods during the school year are wearing dark paints in case of leakage, and bringing extra of everything, even if you don't think you'll need it.

by otter77 on 9/13/2012 12:06:31 AM

Make sure you’re wearing the right shoes for your workout! Hitting the gym in flats or running in flip-flops won’t give your feet the support they need and can really hurt your ankles later on. Ouch!

You’re stranded after practice waiting for your ride (which is considerably late!). Luckily you have ____ to keep you busy.

When you swallow chewing gum, it takes seven years to digest.

Fall in love with the *perfect* book for back-to-school

Want to start the year off right? Grab a copy of How to Say I Love You Out Loud, a gorgeous new novel about friends, family and fitting in.

CLICK HERE to find out more.