1 HOURS AGO Annoying allergies bringing you down? Here are some great tips on how to handle them! http://t.co/bJKAEMwthV

2 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz Do you think you’re a good friend? #FindOutHere http://t.co/TjwjwcdfYZ

3 HOURS AGO Running out of time and hungry? Here are some great quick and easy snacks for you on the go! http://t.co/ouxTdKAWHT

COMMENTS

Period 101: Dealin' with Aunt Flo when school's in session

Once school is back in session, it’s a pretty good bet that you’re not gonna be able to hole up in your room ‘til your period...

mod!
i feel really sick today almost like i might throw up, i have my period and it might just be from cramps but ive been crying all morning long because it hurts so bad. are cramps this bad normal? i also had to miss my third day at a new school! ): Also my mom and dad are in the hospital and my sister is at school only my grandma and little sis are here!

Hey girl! Cramps can be really bad, I've had to stay home a couple days for them, too.  Try a heating pad and some ibuprofien and see if you feel batter after that.  If they're still this bad later tonight, you might want to talk to your grandma about how much they hurt and see if she knows anything  that will help.  xoxo

Kate G.

by smushi on 8/23/2013 12:06:30 PM

In school the nurse said if we have a period and we need a pad we just need to say "Penelope" and she'll give us one. So one day in school i really needed one and i went to the nurses office and my friend who was a boy was sitting there staring me down so i left.

by destine02 on 8/11/2013 8:53:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I'm going into 10th grade and ill have to do swimming probably this year!! Eek! Should I just wear tampons (kinda uncomfortable for me) or just sit out and miss credit? I'm really nervous for it because I'm not that good of a swimmer either! D: I've worn tampons swimming before so I know how it is.

Hey girl! If you’ve worn tampons before, don’t worry about
it- wearing them in the pool is no different!

Melissa T.

by vintage_london on 8/8/2013 2:02:33 PM

i have a vest that zips up from Aeropostale, so i zip a pad in their toprevent the awkwardness of dudes see'n me reach'n for a pad in my locker.

by pinterest on 4/8/2013 9:30:10 PM

I'm only 13 'and I've had 3 periods..but my body thinks its two years younger I'm almost 14..but still should I be worried? I've gotten my periods pretty regular and every month since I've started..I've heard they usually aren't regular the first year..does that mean anything? And my last question is I know I'm about to start soon..but it is driving me crazy I haven't yet because I can just feel I am! Any advice? Sorry for so many questions!

by laurentaylor1221 on 3/18/2013 11:31:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My mom took me to the girl doctor today because I wouldn't stop complaining about my cramps. Turns out I have some sort of disability that makes me have really painful cramps and I forgot what it was called but it starts with a d, and it has something to do wih my uterus contracting way too much. Anyways she gave my some special naproxen medicine (these pills) and my mom told me to one as soon as we got home but I didn't cause I'm too scared to swallow it whole. (It's like the size of a quarter but thicker) now my mom won't let me take another one cause she thinks I just took one a couple hours ago, but my cramps are killing me. It's too embarrassing to tell her that I was too scared to swallow it though.

Hey girl, even if you're embarrassed or you feel bad about not taking the pill, it's important to be honest with your mom and tell her you didn't take it so that you can get the meds you need.  The good news is, even though those pills look big and scary, they go down more easily than you might think.  Good luck!

Karin E.

by DMlover123 on 3/11/2013 1:30:46 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Do you have to have the symptoms multiple times around the same time each month for awhile before you get your period? Because reading the other comments they talk about getting symtpoms around the same time each month but never their period. Thanks for all your help

hey! some people usually experience symptoms the day before they get it

Helen S.

by hottie1250 on 3/9/2013 4:42:15 PM

im 10 and havent gotten my period yet, but i have bad cramps in my stomache!(Ouch!)i dont have discharge though, (just in case u were gonna ask)is this normal??

by Abril on 2/25/2013 9:33:40 PM

I'm really nervous because I haven't gotten my period yet but I think I am getting close to getting it and some of my friends have gotten it at school and it has shown!!! Help me idk what to do!!

by minnesotagirl919 on 2/24/2013 6:45:48 PM

I'm so worried because I think I may get my period soon and I'm scared it will happen at school and it'll show...what should I do?!?!

by minnesotagirl919 on 2/24/2013 6:42:54 PM

MOD
How long does it take for people to reply to my questions? I've posted a few and I know that there are a lot of girls asking, so I would like to know how long it takes to answer one. And a tip is to always bring a few pads with you at all times (in your bag).

Hey! It depends. So, like, it might take up to an hour in the morning and early afternoon (like now) because we mods have to catch up with all the questions that were posted at night while we're all sleeping Smile late afternoon and evening should be 30 minutes at the most if not immediately since for the most part by then we've caught up and can just mod comments as they come in Smile

Helen S.

by PeculiarGurl on 2/23/2013 2:50:40 AM

MOD So a couple weeks ago I went to the bathroom and saw white stuff in my panties, I think it was discharge but it hasn't came back all I see is a very light mark. I am supposed to get my period this year but when I turn 11 in November and that's in a long time is this my period or just me leaking a bit.

Hey girl, it's probably just some pre-menstrual discharge.  And there's no certain way to tell when exactly you'll get your period, so make sure you're ready for it, just in case.  If you're feeling worried, talk to your Mom (or an adult you trust) about it.
Karin E.

by momo567 on 2/4/2013 12:29:11 PM

MOD I put down like so many questions and it never shows up and nobody answers and I always put mod

Hey girlie,

I'm sorry to hear your questions haven't been answered! I don't see any comments pending from your username, but if you resubmit I would be happy to answer your questions. Thanks for visiting GirlsLife.com, and we're happy to answer your questions!

Meghan D.

by momo567 on 2/2/2013 9:26:04 PM

MY TEACHER IS A BOY!!!! Do I just go up to hm and say that I need to go to the restroom, I'm on my period or what! Help please!

by Maddie12001 on 1/30/2013 2:15:24 AM

first of all, thanks for all your help today. i just made my account and with all the help from mods and the awesome articles im already loving this website. secondly, im scared im gonna get my first period at school. We dont have a school nurse so i cant ask anyone if something does happen? i was thinking of asking my mom for some just in case but i got embarrased and decided not to... any ways to ask her? thanks again for all your help!

Hey girlie,

I would keep a pad in your locker or backpack just in case it happens at school, and don't be nervous about talking to your mom. It seems awkward at first, but she's totally been there and will be happy to help you out!

Meghan D.

by aleadawn on 1/28/2013 7:58:11 PM

My tip is my mom told me that when i have my period to put a pad in my back pocket. It's a good trick and you can't even see the pad.

by laurenm26 on 1/28/2013 5:08:40 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
Alright, so about two days ago I got my first period. However, it is SUPER heavy! I used a pantie liner at first, via my moms suggestion, but it soaked through completely into my underwear within an hour. And I go through pads every 2-3 hours. Is this normal, or should I be concerned? It's also bright red like complete blood.
And, while I'm here: at my school, we aren't allowed to carry purses or little bags and things besides pencil pouches for our, well, pencils. And many of my jeans don't have deep enough pockets for pads or tampons, and I'd rather no one sees me walking down the hall with a pad in my hand. Any suggestions? The first day I got it was the night before going to school the next day, so I slipped a wrapped pad into my binder before gym, waited until no one was looking, pulled it out, and ran for the bathroom. HOWEVER, this isn't exactly a fool-proof plan.
Thanks in advance! <3

Hey girl, its normal for you period to be heavier the first couple of days so make sure your choosing pads that can handle your particular flow. I would talk to your mom or trusted teacher about what yo ucan do...I'm sure they'll let you carry a purse for those reasons!

Jenn S.

by giraffehusky on 1/18/2013 2:38:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Please help. I'm only 12, and I need to know when my period is coming!I have little, itty bitty boobs that are more nipple than boobs, I have pubic hair on my .. down there, legs, and underarms, and I've been getting discharge. I don't know when it's going to happen and I don't want it to happen while I'm in school either. All my friends are dudes, and that's going to be awkward. Please help!

Hey girlie, there's no way to tell for sure. Ask your mom about when she got hers, that tends to be a good indicator.

Lauren T.

by gamer_skater on 1/16/2013 6:38:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I've heard that your period is supposed to come every month but I've been having mine for more than a year and it comes every other month. What's up?

Helen S.

by akaprincess on 1/12/2013 1:16:05 PM

PLEASE ANSWER!!!! QUICK!!
I just got my period today, and I don't know what will happen today or tomorrow what should I do to plan ahead?

by avb123 on 1/12/2013 10:31:17 AM

I thought I had my period because some drops came out one day and its been almost two months and nothing what is that

by Shelle2467 on 1/10/2013 9:19:06 PM

My mod wont show upFrown

by #1partier on 1/9/2013 10:05:06 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
Hey, so I started my period today (and really scared) lucky me, my mom let me stay home from school todaySmile But im scared when I go back to school also I am a dancer and during warm up we do middle right and left splits and I am really nervous and since I just started I'm not allowed to wear tampons so im in a sitch PLEASE HELP!
ThanxSmile

Hey girl! See if you can buy really light tampons just for dance. If you can't, ya might have to sit out practicing for a bit! Periods aren't so scary after a bit. We all get them, you'll be fine!

xoxo

Katie L.

by #1partier on 1/9/2013 8:55:10 AM

on feb 4th when we go back to school it's the same day my periods coming what should I do? (please answer me stat)

Hey girl,

You could get a mini clutch and stash all of the stuff you're gonna need throughout the day i.e tampons, pads, etc. You could slip this into your pencil case or purse and carry it around with you. When you need to use the bathroom, make sure you bring your clutch along and you should be perfect! xoxo

Alexis G.

by DARKNESS NERD on 1/7/2013 1:03:13 PM

Whenever I'm on my period, I always have to change at school. The only problem is that I am not good at hiding my pads or sneaking them out when I need to. What is your advice on this because I am afraid that someone like a boy might see?

Hey girl, no worries! Just start to carry a small bag or purse in your school bag and take it to the bathroom with you when you're ready!

lauren r.

by selenahayley on 12/29/2012 2:22:01 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD MOD
I have had my period for three years. It has always been regualr. Last month, my period was three weeks late. I should have gotten it a few days ago, and now I'm worried that it's going to be late again. They have also been very heavy for a few years,so I talked to my mom about it and I am going to a girl doctor to be put on birth control. My mom doesn't know about my period being three weeks late, should I tell the doctor when I go? I was also kind of fooling around with my bf, we didn't have sex.. but I'm paraniod that I could somehow get pregnant by it... I'd really like to know what you think. Thanks! xoxoxo... Liz

Hey girl,

Irregularity can be normal at first, but if you have had your period for years it wouldn't hurt to mention it to your doctor when you go. She will probably ask about your schedule, anyway. And if you're not sexually active, you can't be pregnant! Your doc will be able to answer all of your questions when you visit her, and check out this post for more tips. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/06/10/Wheres-My-Period.aspx

Meghan D. Meghan D.

by lilla834 on 12/28/2012 9:51:06 PM

ughh i got my period on december 26th (this is my 3rd time ever getting my period and im 13 so this is all still new to me) and it is so heavy! i had a light one 1 time. ughhh i hate it my pads r 2 small so i have to use my moms anchor-ship pads! i smell, im tired, its disgusting! help

Hey girl, def try a super tampon...it might be more comfortable! click here!

Jenn S.

by pinklol56 on 12/28/2012 11:30:47 AM

Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod
Okay, two period related things here.
(a) I'm going to have my period on Christmas--which stinks royally. Any way to make it stink less? (and don't say use tampons--i've tried.)
(b) Are there any ways to make your flow lighter? Like, any foods you can eat and stuff like that?

Hey girl, tampons definitely take some getting use to. But they help A LOT and make everything easier when dealing with getting the period at bad times. But only use them when you're ready. I've never heard of any foods helping with flow, its just something that happens. Sometimes working out and running actually shortens the length of your period.

lauren r.

by MusicIsLove123 on 12/22/2012 8:13:40 AM

Hey,
I started my period in July this year (2012) and had it for a few months until it just stopped and now I haven't had it for two months! Please help!

by New Girl23 on 12/16/2012 7:44:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
Ok so I started my period in October 17 2012 and I'm 12 but I don't really have boobs I'm on a A34 and is it true you have to have boobs to have you period? Awsner me ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, girl. You do not need to have boobs to get your period because everybody's body is different and develops differently.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Savannah278 on 11/6/2012 10:13:05 AM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD
I am not allowed to do my eyebrows, but I am getting older zo the hairs are getting darker so I have a unibrow and wayyyyy bushy. My dad is super strict but my mom isn't. So how do I convince them I'm old enough, without gettin them mad or worried or it getting awkward?

Hey katgirly, maybe convince your mom that you need to trim your eyebrows, and then she can say something to your dad for you. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by katgirly on 10/25/2012 10:03:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
How many months after the first time you spot can you expect your first period? For four months now I've gotten spotting and cramps around the same time of the month every month! When will my real period be here? Or did I already start? My period is really driving me crazy. How can I stop thinking about it?

Hey purple10115, periods can be tricky and varies depending upon the girl. Try doing other things to occupy your attention. Do you have any favorite hobbies? If so pick them back up again. You can clean and organize things, do homework and get a head start on projects, or treat yourself to a homemade spa treatment. You can do your nails, hair, eyebrows and makeup. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by purple10115 on 10/21/2012 7:47:32 AM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
please help me.
I got my first period today and I was totally fine in the morning but when I got to school my stomach started hurting so bad. I feel like I'm about to puke. I came home early from school but my mom still isn't home. How do I know if these are period cramps or if I'm sick? And what should I do?

Hey girly, I'm no doc, and you could be sick, but this can def be a symptom from your period. I'm sorry your feeling so bad! If your feeling up to it, try eating something light like a banana or some soup. You could take a warm bath to help your cramps or put a heating pad on. It also helps to lie curled up on your side. You can also call mom and ask if its okay to take midol or aleve. Feel better. xoxo

Lauren I.

by Swift_lover123 on 10/19/2012 2:35:30 PM

MOD! I need help!
Tomorrow I have gym and I recently started my period. My mom won't let me wear tampons and I don't want anyone to see my pad! How can I hide it? I haen't told any of my friends and I don't want them to find out either since I'm in 6th grade and no one else seems to have it.
P.S. We're not allowed to change in the bathroom stalls :/

Hey girl, I think you should be fine switching into shorts. Most girls totally aren't paying attention to others while they change, and you could totally use the restroom anyway and switch your shorts in there (and pad while you're at it — remember, it's totally important to change it regularly) if you have to.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by helloimawkward1 on 10/8/2012 5:58:29 PM

mod mod mod mod!!!!
how much will I grow? I'm 14 and I got my period when I was 12. I heard that you only keep growing in height for 2-3 years after you start your period. is this true?

Hey taylorswiftlover101, for some girls it is. Everyone's body is different. Some ladies don't finish growing until their 20s and some even later. It all depends and plus our bods are always changing. It's important that you take care of yourself, both inner and outer. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by taylorswiftlover101 on 10/4/2012 11:52:16 PM

Mod Mod,
Yesterday was my day of the month but i havent gotten my period yet this month. Last month it was ten days early. Is this normal? And when my periods come, i have had cramps but im not all that crabby. Are both these period things normal?

Hey ilovedance12, unfortunately periods can be irregular. Sometimes they come early, other times late. Just be on the lookout for it. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by ilovedance12 on 9/30/2012 10:28:05 PM

MODMODMODMOD
What if my friends don't like asian food, and that makes them not want to come? Its this really cool restaurant where the food is cooked in front of you, and im worried that if people dont like the food, they might not want to come. Also, if i have my period at school tomorrow, should i wear a pad and tampon, since i dont have any liners?

Hey girlie, I'm sure your friends will still come. There's usually something for every kind of taste at that kind of restaurant so you should be good. And yes, if you're worried about a backup go for the pad and tampon combo. That way you won't have to worry about any leaks.

Lauren T.

by futurewriter16 on 9/30/2012 8:35:53 PM

MODMODMOD
My birthday is in the middle of november, and i want to invite a guy friend, and a female friend of mine out to dinner at this awesome restaurant. If i invite a guy, should i invite another guy so the guy isnt the only guy? And how soon should i mention to people that im having a party so i make sure all are free on the same date?

Hey girlie, give people at least 2 or 3 weeks notice before your party to make sure that they don't make any other plans. If it's just the three of you, I think one guy is fine. If you're inviting more girls then you should invite more boys to not single him out.

Lauren T.

by futurewriter16 on 9/30/2012 8:00:46 PM

Mod Mod Mod! please!
I think I just got or I am about to get my first period! I just went the bathroom, and it looked like I had some brown stuff on my undies. Itwasnt a huge splotch, but very noticeable. I've been getting spotting and cramps around the same time evry month for two months, and this is around the time I expected it, but I didnt have any cramps or spotting yet. I did break out and I have a discharge overload, plus my boobs hurt so bad… I have all the signs of puberty, been going thru it for about 3-4 years. Im 14.. Do u think this is my period? Im about to go to bed, so I dont know whats going to happen tommorow. It might just be a little blood mixed with it. Oh, please help me ASAP!

Hey purple10115, yea it sounds like it is on the way. Be sure you tell your parents so you can get some pads and medicine for your cramps. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by purple10115 on 9/30/2012 7:31:49 AM

Mod Mod Mod!!!!!
Please Answer!!
So I get migraines every month, they are always around the 26th, 27th, or the 28th!!! because i didn't get a migraine yesterday or today, that means I'm going to get one tomorrow! My doctor thinks it has something to do with my periods. (with the whole time spacing stuff) I'm thinking tomorrow I might get my period (based on other symptoms) but the thing is, if I don't get it and I end up getting a migraine instead, or i get a migraine also, I'm going to be in pain the whole school day! My migraines are really bad and the whole left side of my body goes completely numb, and i can't walk upstairs or grab anything! neither one of my parents would be able to pick me up ( because its the end of the month so they are really busy at work ) Should i call in sick tomorrow or should i just go to school and hope my body postpones my migraine to Saturday?

Hey taytaychicken331, just to be on the safe side I wouldn't go to school tomorrow. Mhmm those migraines sound really serious. I hope you start feeling better!!! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by taytaychicken331 on 9/27/2012 8:23:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
How light can periods be? For two months in a row now, I got cramps and spotting for five days, but there seemed to be a little more blood tge second time through than the first month. I am confused whether this was my period or not.... The first one happened on August 3rd, the second also happened happened on Septemeber 3rd. I had never had cramps or spotting before those 'incidents'. Also, my mom said it probably wasnt a REAL period yet. I googled it, and some articles said your period will get heavier when the linig of your uterus thickens.Thanks!
I already posted this comment, and mod responded with, "Your period will come at full speed when it's ready!" But I'm still wondering, can this count as my period? Because I'm not sure. Thank you!

Sure it can, the other mod was totally right! Just keep tracking it and you'll be fine.

Alexis G.

by purple10115 on 9/27/2012 7:30:17 AM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
my stomach hurts so bad (cramps)I tried taking midol, a hot bath but its not helping. help!

Hey girly, the midol might take a half hour or so to start working. Or if you've taken it 4-6 hours ago, it may have worn off. Check your label and ask a parent to see if it's time to take some more.  if you can handle it, try eating something - bananas are supposed to be good for cramps. Lie curled up on your side and try to do something to keep your mind off of it. I hope you feel better!

Lauren I.

by fantastic8805 on 9/26/2012 12:53:52 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
Ive had my period for 6 years, and my period is 12 days late this month. It's been late before, and Ive always gotten it. Ive been feeling kinda crampy (but just a little) and a week and a half ago I had what looked like old blood and a little brown. My grandma's a nurse and she says im fine, and my mom said this happened to her every so often when she was my age. She says ill get it, and im fine, and that if there was a problem, she would have taken me to the doctor already. My mom said maybe the spotting was it, but ive never had that before. So should I calm down, let my body do what it's doing, relax, and quit worrying? Will it come? Ive worked myself up so much ahaha

Hey girly, if your gma is a nurse and says your fine, and this has happend to your mom before and she says your fine and you've been late before and ended up fine, then I'm sure your fine! Stress can delay or even make you skip a period, so stop stressing!  Unless your sexualy active, I'm sure there is nothing at all to worry about. If you miss it again next month, then I'd see a doc. But until then, relax and enjoy not having your period =)

Lauren I.

by futurewriter16 on 9/26/2012 11:46:03 AM

Hi! I am 13 and i haven't had my period yet.I am a little worried because i just went to the bathroom and i pooped and some blood was on the toilet paper. Then the past few days i have had some nasty brown disharge. Please help!!

Hannah H.

by cyclones30 on 9/25/2012 3:05:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
my period has been going on for a week and a half, should i be worried? and its really heavy...

Hey girl,

everyone's periods are different. Especially if you just started getting your period, it may be extremely irregular for a while. You shouldn't be too worried,but if it keeps going on for much longer let your mom or trusted adult know! xoxo

Alexis G.

by lilja on 9/25/2012 7:02:17 AM

Modmodmod
She's not a doctor, she's a nurse...but I think I'll calm down. My periods been late before and I've always gotten it...

See you've always gotten it before. No worries. Smile Smile Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Futurewriter16 on 9/23/2012 10:20:54 PM

Mod mod mod mod
I've had my period for 6 yrs almost n it's 10 days late this month. I've had spotting like a week ago tht only lasted for like a day n I've never had tht before. I'm scared I'm not going to get my period. My grandma Is a nurse and she says I'm fine n my body knows what to do but I'm still scared. I'm kinda Crampy n headachey

Hey Futurewriter16, I think you should be okay. It's perfectly normal to be nervous, but no worries. Even your grandma who's a doctor said you'll be fine. If you are still really concerned, you can always schedule an appointment with your doctor. Hope you feel better! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Futurewriter16 on 9/23/2012 9:59:17 PM

Lately, I have been having cravings for sweet and salty foods, I've had discharge for about a year now, and I have been really moody lately. I have also been getting cramps down there for a coupe days at school, and my doctor said I should get it within two months.. Could I be getting it in sooner?

Hey girl,

If your doctor said within two months, that could mean any time now and then! I wouldn't worry about it--it will come when your bod is ready!

Meghan D.

by happyone123 on 9/23/2012 12:57:38 AM

Why don't my comments show up??!!

by catluverforlife on 9/19/2012 2:26:53 PM

Gosh, I only wish I coulda read this a week ago when my time of the month was hitting

by Lilyonthego on 9/19/2012 12:43:31 PM

Just a quick question: how do I tell if my comment has been posted? I clicked post but it didn't show up…

by Corgi_girl on 9/18/2012 10:31:47 PM

Mod mod mod!!!
Yesterday I had really bad stomach pain. I was sick at the time so I passed it off as side effects. But today I went to the bathroom and I think my period started. This is my first one. It wasn't runny or bright red...it was more dark red-brown and goopy. Was that my period or just discharge? I want to know before I tell my mom! Please help, it would be really appreciated.

Yep thats most likely your period! It's dark red brown because the blood is a bit more dried up. Probably because its your first time. So if i were you I would go to my mom and get some tampons and pads to prepare for having your period. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by Corgi_girl on 9/18/2012 10:27:54 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
MODMODMOD
ok I hope this mod shows up. I always check for my mods to be answered but they never show up-even a week later. Anyway, last year in 6th grade, it was no problem having my period at skool cuz I just kept pads in my unnoticeable school-uniform pocket. Completely hide able, plus there's a plaid pattern that hide any weird disfigures in the skirt tht my pads made. Well now I'm in junior high, and we have NEW uniforms!! Without pockets!!!! Im in 7th grade, and like NONE of my friends got their period yet. At least none that I know of. Anyway, this means that I can't just bring a pouch with pads in it to the bathroom-it would be awkward and embarrasing. I wear flats, so no pad-in-the-shoe ideas either. Idk what to do!! Luckily, I didn't get my period This month yet, so I've had no problems. I need help!!! I have shorts to wear under my skirt w/pockets but the pockets are TINY. Please help!!! Thanks xx

You know...if I were you I would just carry it to the bathroom in a pouch. Having your period is 100% natural and if anyone thinks youre weird theyre immature and not worth your time. As long as youre not waving around your pads announcing it to everyone I dont see what the problem is. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by Lilmissamazing on 9/18/2012 9:42:40 PM

Mod mod mod
My period has been really heavy for the past 2 days and it's lucky because I have had no school today or yesterday. But I do tomoro and I'm nervous because the only time I can change my pad is at lunch and I'm afraid I'm going to bleed through my pants. What should I do??

Hey girlie,

are you sure that's the only time you can run to the bathroom? Try talking to a trusted girl teacher, she'll definitely understand and you may be able to use the restroom before or after lunch to make sure there are no stains! xoxo
Alexis G.

by Daddy'sgrl12 on 9/18/2012 8:49:25 AM

I have to wear a uniform (skirts) so before I go to school, I double up on pads and when I need to change my pads, I just have to peel one off and TA DA there's a fresh pad underneath. I'll also safety pin a pad to the inside of my skirt since they don't have pockets and we're not allowed to carry bags around with us.

by breezy28 on 9/15/2012 11:31:33 PM

HELP!!!!i have noooooooooo time in between classes to stop at the bathroom,even when i do carry my stuff(really ive tried,i just end up late)!!!!!!!!! i could go during class, but i never take stuff with me so ide look weird! help!!!!

Hey girl,

If going during class would make you not be late, don't worry about how you look! Otherwise, you could explain to your teacher that you might be a minute late to class every now and then if you have to go to the bathroom, I'm sure they'd understand!

Meghan D.

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 9/15/2012 10:47:39 PM

mod mod mod mod mod mod
What kind of lubricant is the best for inserting tampons?

Hey girlie, you don't want to use a lubricant to insert tampons. Your body naturally lubricates itself with your period, which makes tampons go in smoothly.

Lauren T.

by Sarah_12 on 9/15/2012 2:23:06 PM

mod mod mod mod mod
Hi,
I have dance later, and my period is really heavy so my mom said i should try using a super tampon. She bought some for me, but umm.... Its really hard to get it in 'there' it feels like the tampons too big. Help?

Hey girlie, when your period is heavy enough, you'll be more lubricated and they'll fit in easier. If they're not fitting in now, it's either because it's not heavy enough or you've wiped things too dry before you tried.

Lauren T.

by Sarah_12 on 9/15/2012 1:33:08 PM

Hi idk what to do. OMG we are only allowed to go to our lockers in the morning (before homeroom) and at the end of the day when my bus gets called. The teachers wont let us go at all in between and if they catch us we will get a detention. Also kids take my pencil case and stuff to go through it cause they like to be jerks. Lastly I dont want it in my pocket cause it looks like a phone and a girl one time had to prove to the principle that it wasnt a pad and had to show HIM her pad. PLEASE HELP FAST!!!!!!!!

Hey girl,

Can you keep a pencil case (or just the pad) in a zippered binder so other people won't go through it? Or just don't let other people go into your pencil case! If they try to grab it, just take it back! If that doesn't work, try talking to a female teacher you trust and ask for advice on how to handle the situation.

Meghan D.

by Livibits on 9/14/2012 8:55:47 PM

Since my uniform has no pockets, I wear spandex on top of my undies and stash a couple of pads or tampons in them, and I also wear them for extra portection in case I leak. Since my gym shorts are baggyish, you can't really tell. ;)

by mimib290 on 9/14/2012 8:37:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!

Hey girl,

I would listen to your mom, it might be preceding a heavier period as she said. As long as she knows about it and said it was normal, it sounds like you're fine Smile Your period will come at full speed when it's ready!

Meghan D.

by purple10115 on 9/14/2012 5:41:05 PM

lol the girl looks like Wednesday Addams

by Bobalina on 9/13/2012 10:43:32 PM

In the picture, the little girl looks like she's going to bite off your head, or attack you....

by madi_830 on 9/13/2012 9:08:18 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
What happens if I get my period at school.. and I find out in the bathroom?
Theres no like pad dispensers in my bathrooms.. so I don't know what to do!

Hannah H.

by ziirnn on 9/13/2012 2:44:32 PM

my best tip would be to wear well first off, dark jeans. make sure they have front pockets, that way u can just put a pad in each pocket (well, make sure ur pockets r long enough..dont want anything sticking out) so it saves time, no need to go to ur locker, if u need to leave during class u can just go straight to the bathroom, or on ur way to another class if u already have ur books, thats what i do, and ive been fine the whole time Smile besides, what if there r people around u when ur by ur locker? u dont want to accidentally drop the pad, or have them see u sneaking one out.....awkward. anywho, thats my advice =) good luck girlies!

by uzbekistan on 9/13/2012 7:32:34 AM

Mod Mod Mod We are not allowed to carry backpacks in my school, not allowed to go to our lockers in between our morning and afternoon classes, plus my pencil case is already jam-packed. What should I do?? I have about 3 hours of school in the morning, then lunch, then 3 hours in the afternoon. Help!!

Hey girl,

That's tough. Try cleaning out your books & supplies so that you only have what you need instead of lugging around unused papers & supplies. xoxo
Alexis G.

by MusicIsLove123 on 9/13/2012 6:54:34 AM

great article but weird pic.

by Glitterheart16 on 9/13/2012 12:06:53 AM

Some of my best tips to handle periods during the school year are wearing dark paints in case of leakage, and bringing extra of everything, even if you don't think you'll need it.

by otter77 on 9/13/2012 12:06:31 AM