1 HOURS AGO Which season matches your personality? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/h9pMpB9Sq8

4 HOURS AGO Snag stellar stylespo from the girls of #Evermoor: http://t.co/5da67UCMiX

5 HOURS AGO Because roasted pumpkin seeds are always on fleek: http://t.co/gbh6WJuZTy

COMMENTS

20 ways to peace out when school's got ya down

Between schoolwork, game day and the general anxiety that comes with being a girl in the 21st century, there’s a lot to feel stressed about. But letting...

Great article! I'm going to try some of these Smile

by aprilshowers30 on 9/15/2012 10:51:22 PM

I play water polo, and recently all of my friends on the team transferred to other schools. Practices are so depressing and sometimes I go home and cry in the shower. I hate it, the coach is mean, but I've been playing it since 5th grade and I don't want to through away something that I've already sacrificed so much for. Every time I goof off a little bit, my coach yells at me, and I want to be taken seriously by the team because I want to be captain.How can I make the practices more fun?

Hey girl,

If you want to be taken seriously, you probably shouldn't goof off, at least not during practice! You can always have fun afterward, but practice is for getting better at the sport. But if you really don't like it, I would talk to your parents and your coach about whether or not you should stay on the team. You can explain to them how you're feeling, and they'll help you work through what the best option for you is! In the meantime, try making friends with the other girls on your team!

Meghan D.

by TinaTime on 9/14/2012 11:29:48 PM

I had kinda a bummer day it started out OK I guess but I failed my math test, almost bled my pants, and sprained my ankle in gym. How do I forget about this day and focus on the weekend because tommarows my little brother and sisters b-day and I wanna have fun when their happy too

Hey girl,

I would talk to your math teacher about study skills so that you can improve in the future! For now, it's okay to focus on your siblings' birthday and then talk to your teacher after the weekend, so focus on how happy they will be and then worry about school on Monday! Happy birthday to them!

Meghan D.

by hinatagal on 9/14/2012 11:01:57 PM

~MOD~MOD~
Okay so I think i like this guy..but he's a "bad" boy (i dont think he really is)and someone told him i liked him...he said i was pretty and cool but we were probably total opposites...but i really like him...i don't know if i should give up?
Thank you so much!!

Hey girl,

If you don't think he's a "bad boy" don't let rumors stop you -- there is so much untrue gossip out there, and it would be sad not to give him a chance just because of something you heard! Try hanging out with him for now, but if he starts being rude to you, don't go for it because you deserve to always be respected!

Meghan D.

by archer_girl on 9/14/2012 10:59:47 PM

Mod mod mod!!!!!!!
I go through SOOOOOOO much stress. During school between periods i dont have anough time to chill out, i gotta rush. And i have gymnastics practice 4 days a week for 4 hours a practice. Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. And competition season is about to start and gym its pretty stressful. And because of gymnastics, i dont have the best social life, cuz i'm pretty busy. For the 3 days of practice i have during the school week, right after school we gotta go straight to practice for 4 hours which means i get out at 8:00pm and get home around 9:00pm. Thats when i do homework. So i usually go to bed at 11:00pm or 12:00am. I cant chill out on friday nights cuz i have morning practice the next day at 8:30am to 12:30pm. I cant miss a practice. I also cant do any clubs at school like track, or all county chorus, or anchor. It puts ALOT of stress on me, ya know? What can i do to relieve most of my stress, besides missing practice?

Hey girl,

I would try talking to your parents and your coach about the stress you are feeling from gymnastics -- they can help you budget your time better! Can you do your homework in the car on the way to and from practice? You can also try to get a head start on your assignments for the week by studying on the weekends. If gymnastics is causing you too much stress, maybe you could take a day less of practice or work something out with your coach. If you explain to your parents and coach how you are feeling, they will help you work something out!

Meghan D.

by pikachu124 on 9/14/2012 9:01:55 PM

MODMODMOD
1. I'm in the sixth grade and Would love to start a rock band and I play many instruments.
I loooove The White Stripes,Oasis, and Led Zeppelin, But I can't find anyone interested. If I ask girls "do you like music?" they just worship Taylor Swift, And I'm nervous to ask anyone older than me! HELP ME
2. I have a huge crush on an 8th grader and know we'll never even do so much as talk, how can i get over it?

Hey girl,

Is there a music club at your school? Those people might have interests more similar to yours and want to start a band. Also, as for your crush, try introducing yourself to guys in your grade! If you get to know some of them better, you will make new friends and have a distraction from the 8th grader. But if you're feeling bold, you could always say hi to the 8th grader and introduce yourself to him, too!

Meghan D.

by WhiteStripe3 on 9/14/2012 7:41:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
i havent got my period since february!!!!! i am very stressed!!! so how do i "eliminate" all this stress?? i wanna get my period plzzzzz my stress is causing it not to come...right???

Hey girl,

It's normal to be irregular, especially when you're stressed, but there's no harm in talking to a doc to be sure! As for eliminating your stress, try making a calendar and checklist of what you need to get done each day so that you can balance your time better, and make sure you leave room for exercise and for fun!

Meghan D.

by pinklol56 on 9/14/2012 7:18:27 PM

School has definitely got me beyond stressed. I'm a Junior and would give anything to go back to ANY of my previous years of school. Those of you who are in middle school and early high school...savor the time when everyone isn't talking to you about college every second of every day and you aren't trying to desperately squeeze clubs (that look good for college), sat prep courses, drivers ed, college tours, and 11th grade hw into your schedule. It's to much and I'm totally stressed.
Anyway thanks for the article GL<3

by maggie183 on 9/14/2012 6:05:18 PM

I had sooo much homework today and I have 2 huge projects due by the end of the month. I finished one today. I'm all stressed right now. Pray that nothing bad happens to it;)

by myfatsquirrel on 9/13/2012 11:31:21 PM

I take a nap, or I listen to my fave songs.

by lavlo on 9/13/2012 11:06:33 PM