6 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

10 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

10 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

8 non-flirty tips to snag a guy friend

There is a fine line between a BFF and a BF, and tightrope walking on that line is the Best Guy Friend (BGF). It is tricky...

maybe try to make friends with someone a little older or younger than you.i'm in 7th grade and my bgf is in 8th grade.we where kind of put together by drama class but it turned out to be a great match!it's nice cuz older and younger kids aren't part of the social drama surrounding your grade.also its kinda impossible to fall into the romance hole with him cuz they are a bit older or younger and they want a gf that is their age

by ashbabe567765 on 11/7/2012 1:52:16 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
There's this guy that I think is really really cute, but I haven't talked to him, but all my friend say he really nice. I'm really nervous to talk to him and I don't know when a good time is because I don't ever see him and when I do he's with all of his guy friends. One of my best guy friends said that he was a good guy and I'm trying to get him to help me give him an excuse to talk to him but I always get so nervous. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!! I don't know what to do!

Hey girl,

You could talk to him at lunch or after school, and you could always start a casual conversation about school, or sports or TV. It's intimidating, but once you get to know him as friends it will be easy to talk! Check out our Ice Breakers page for tons more tips on talking to guys Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/ice-breakers.aspx

Meghan D.

by Taffy18 on 10/26/2012 11:24:52 PM

MODMODMODMOD
I had a dream about my BGF. It didn't have anything to do with love or anything. Do I like him? I have mixed feelings about that. My friends say they can see me and him together but I can't! Help!

Hey girl,

Plenty of people can appear in dreams as just friends--there are a lot more dreams than just romantic ones! If you're not sure how you feel about him, there's no need to do anything yet, so just keep hanging out with him as friends and see where things go with your relationship. If you do decide you like him, you could always ask him to dance next time your school has a dance!

Meghan D.

by katgirly on 10/26/2012 11:22:50 PM

I'm pretty shy but I got to know my BGF 7 months ago by chatting with him throughout Skype. It actually helps a lot, because you're talking to them in private and you can share a lot of feelings (depending on how the guy is).

by AdeleMakesUsShine on 10/20/2012 7:07:38 AM

Tonight at midnight ur true love will realize they love u. Something good will happen to you at 1-4pm. Tomorrow it could be anywhere. Get ready for one big shock! Post this to 10 comments or you'll never find out if ur true love loves u

by jazzyrae on 10/17/2012 10:52:52 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! I need this answered like......ASAP!!
So I had a dream or something about my crush.....and I suddenly feel a bigger spark between us...We don't really talk or anything. He is just my crush, Anyways, We met in 1st grade cause we were partners, and I have just liked him ever since. But does me feeling a bigger spark if you know what I mean, Mean anything?? BTW We are both in 6th grade......I cant talk to my parents about it, I'm too shy, But please help me! And also no saying things like "Your too young to be worrying about them, Focus on school" My grades are pretty good compared to last year actually so that isn't gonna be a problem, PLUS I study a lot after school and before bed.......I just need help! I have loved him for as long as I can remember!! I get all woozy around him! I've got it bad....Please help me!

Hey girl,

Your dream might have made you realize how strong your feelings for him are, which may have made you feel a bigger spark. If you've known him for a while, why not try getting to know him as friends and talking to him outside of class? If he gets to know you more, me might start feeling that spark too.

Meghan D.

by Rusher43245 on 10/13/2012 10:05:07 PM

I have a few guy friends but i wouldn't call them BGF

by heather99 on 10/13/2012 9:43:05 AM

I only have like 2 guy friends. Guys at my school are always hard to make friends with because they are awkward and try to make a fool out of you. They also swear a lot and are sexual. Why are guys like this and how can I find a guy friend that's actually cool?

by YouCanCallMeCat on 10/8/2012 5:08:26 PM

i really want guy friends but im just too shy:/

by freddymylove on 10/2/2012 6:51:37 PM

Hi! Ok well there is this one boy who asked me out to homecoming like 2 weeks ago. The truth is I really didn't want to go with him so I just said that if I do go I'm pretty sure I will be going with friends (because i was still undecided yet) He was like ok fine! Everyday after that he has been trying to talk to me on facebook and sends me messages EVERYDAY saying "Hi" or "Hey what's up?" It gets really annoying. I dont find him attractive at all and i just want to be friends. Friday he was starring at me all class! Sometimes it's really hard for me to focus while doing my monolouge. I dont know how it all started, but i think one i got paired up with him and i was just really nice or something. People are starting to notice it and they are starting to get annoyed with him too. The worst part is HE'S A JUNIOR AND I'M A FRESHMAN!!!! please help!!!

Hey Real12, you gotta say something to him girl. Be polite but let him know you are not interested. Tell him he's messaging you too much and you would like it if you guys didn't talk too much. You could even say you have a boyfriend to get him off your back. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.