7 HOURS AGO You'll never believe what this super thoughtful birthday babe did: http://t.co/rMv9b0LCrn

10 HOURS AGO 4 fad diets that just aren't worth the struggle: http://t.co/drOTmIYRz6

11 HOURS AGO What your hair #relaxer is realllllly doing to your body: http://t.co/hAhkOALMrE

COMMENTS

Is swearing a major turnoff to guys?

Is swearing a major turnoff to guys? His Answer: “Yes it is, everyone slips every now and again, but guys don’t expect girls to be rugged...

In my school, everyone curses, so it's not like the people there consider it bad or anything. Some guys like when girls swear because then (in my school) they feel comfortable that they can say that without offending anyone. But I think that a guy will like a girl even if they swear or curse because that's just who they are. ;)

by Misery13 on 9/25/2012 5:03:12 PM

I agree. It's ok to swear if ur like SUPER mad (i don't) but not all the time.

by ColosalMascara on 9/22/2012 11:55:31 AM

MODMODMOD
So my best friend got a boyfriend and I'm really happy for her because I know how happy he makes her but everywhere we go she brings him and I feel like a third wheel. Ive hung out with she and him the past to weekends and this week we were gonna go to a football game just us girls and it's tomorrow and then she called me earlier and asked if it was ok if he brought her bf after she already invited him its not like I could say no but the entire time we hang out their just focusing on each other and my best friend and I havn't hung out just us in months. And this was the game I was finally gonna talk to this guy I think is cute and now I don't feel like I can. I just am sick of it and I'm too scared to say anything to my BFF. She just doesn't get it.

Hey GrassFairy, I completely understand where you're coming from. My bff put me in this sitch a few times. You just have to break it to her gently. Next time you want to hang out with her and she asks if he can come try something like "I really wanted it to be just you and me this time." or "Can we have a girl day. I love (her boyfriend's name) but I need to be with just you". I think she'll get the hint. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by GrassFairy on 9/20/2012 9:54:59 PM

okay soooo, theres this boy i really really like. hes kinda popular and i hang out with him frequently. but he always huggs the 8th grade girls and stuff. i have 4 out of 6 classes w/ him. at p.e today one of my friends says they think he likes me but IDK!!! he talks to my bff more than to me it seems but he does look at me a lot. idk wat to do!!!!!
HELPPPP

by glam on 9/20/2012 7:36:27 PM

I think there are some guys who like when we swear, many dont but I think some do. I dont know why, it could be because they think we can talk on the same level.

And not all words are swear words, some are slang words. Like one of my friends think saying the word "balls" is a swear word, but most of us know it isnt, its just a slang word.

by fashionqn on 9/20/2012 1:29:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
There is this boy that I am really crushing on. He is really funny and sweet, but he is in a grade ahead of me, so he goes to a different school. I keep seeing him at randim places, but can't get the nerve to talk to him. What should I do?

Hey 1Dfan99, I know exactly how you feel. You just have to make yourself talk to him. Think about it like this. You never know when you're going to see him because he's always in random places. So whenever you do see him you need to go for it. You can start the convo by complimenting him or by asking if he used to go to your school and take it from there. As long as you look good and are confident, you will be okay. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by 1Dfan99 on 9/17/2012 12:15:50 AM

hides behind nasty language? HAHAHA. your joking, right? Wow, GL... and Kemp- or whoever you are. One of my most outspoken, fun, best friends swear and she has boyfriends all the time.. and they're cute. My brother tells me that guys are into girls who aren't afriad to stand up for themselves and swearing is probably included in that.

by girlygirl22werock on 9/15/2012 7:20:59 PM

Lol my friend swore at her crush while confessing, and they sit by the teacher and it was by him!!!! He was like "Awww how sweet, do that all you want in detention!"

by YayaYuiki on 9/15/2012 3:15:38 PM

I have a friend who swears a lot and about 5 guys have liked her in one year. I have a friend who never swears and 1 guy has liked her in 3 years. I don't think guys like it when girls are rugged and whatnot, but swearing does not make you rugged.

by PuppetPrincess on 9/15/2012 7:25:24 AM

modmodmod
Ihave this friend and i think i like him but then i convince myself i dont but then i see him anndd. ughh! it just confuses me so much. i think he likes me but then he calls me his sister it. u knever know what will happen when around him. what should i do?

Hey girl,

It's okay to like your friend, it happens to plenty of people! Just stay friends with him for now and see if he gives any signs that he likes you! If you have a school dance, you could also ask him to dance with you and see what his reaction is.

Meghan D.

by ja3908 on 9/15/2012 12:36:50 AM

I personally don't curse, but at least I accept people who do. If we're not good friends, I'll find it abrasive, but it doesn't make you a bad person and women/girls can be as rugged or feminine as they like.

Cursing doesn't mean you're self conscious. Nope, on the contrary. I think it means you don't give a... "crap" what anyone thinks of you. This can be good or bad, but the kid who answered this question needs to get over his idea of what a girl should act like.

by Deliabreaks on 9/15/2012 12:03:21 AM

modmodmod
im not tryin to be rude but this article is really sexist. Guys can curse but girls hav to act like ladies. This isnt the 1950s anymore.

by deedles1621 on 9/14/2012 11:15:22 PM

I don't like how this article equates swearing with masculinity, and masculinity as something girls shouldn't have or perform.

by peaches and raspberries on 9/14/2012 10:55:38 PM

modmodmodmod
ok so there is this guy in all of my classes except 1 of them. when i first met him he gave me a nick-name, he talks to me every chance he gets, he compliments me, and is really nice to me. do you think he likes me? thanks!

Hey girl,

That sounds like he might like you, or he at least wants to be friends with you! Either way, there's no harm in spending time with him as friends and seeing where things go from there Smile

Meghan D.

by sailaway11 on 9/14/2012 10:19:16 PM

I hate it when people cures

Join the Smartical partical club!!!!!! Geeks are welcome! In fact is a club just for geeks!!!! Boy help and more..... Join the Smarical partical club!!!!

by Prim on 9/14/2012 9:20:18 PM

I don't swear like, at all! Only when I'm super mad I do. Most of my friends don't swear either. Some girls who try to act all cool though swear all the time. It's annoying.

by YouCanCallMeCat on 9/14/2012 9:17:56 PM

My friends swear a lot. I hate it

by myfatsquirrel on 9/14/2012 8:50:56 PM

What does it simply mean when a guy calls you "charismatic"?

Hey girl,

I would take that as a compliment, he probably meant that you are lively and talkative!

Meghan D.

by clll4321 on 9/14/2012 8:45:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok so lately ever time i head into school i feel really crabby and i don't know why.do u have any ideas why that is and how i can make myself feel better? p.s i don't think it's from lack of sleep. thanks!

Hey girl,

A lot of people don't like school! Try figuringout what you don't like about it -- are you falling behind on work? Talk to your teachers about time budgeting and study skills so that you can keep up in class! Are you having a fight with a friend and don't want to see her at school? See if you can work things out. Nervous about seeing your crush in first period? Say hi and introduce yourself! Once you figure out what you don't like about school, you can address the problem. And who knows, maybe one day you'll look forward to school Smile

Meghan D.

by cgirl109 on 9/14/2012 7:42:15 PM

I agree

by Butterflygirl14 on 9/14/2012 7:17:14 PM

ok so today at school i was just talking to one of my GFs (also my crush) and out of the blue he said i reminded him of some pregnent girl from the movie Juno...
when i got home i watched some of the movie and tbh i hate that character.. even tho i can kinda see how he would think that
how do i prove to him im not such a freak as that character and get him to actually like me? plz help

Hey girl,

He might have meant that as a compliment--Juno was very, very strong, especially when everyone else was mean to her! He probably meant that you have a unique and individual style. So if you keep hanging out with him and he gets to know you more, he'll see that you are unique, and for your own reasons, not for a comparison to any character!

Meghan D.

by its.maddy52 on 9/14/2012 5:50:47 PM

"perfect" is spelled wrong in the 2nd paragraph, but I love that! It totally shoes that we make mistakes, even when spelling perfect Smile

by actress12345 on 9/14/2012 5:28:25 PM

*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*
So there's this boy...He liked me in sixth grade and I sorta liked him too but not enough to tell anyone. Within the first week of seventh grade I was head over heals in love with this boy. We had every class together and I was in love. Now here's eighth grade and we only have band together. I text him all the time and we are super close. He'll sometimes say he loves me and call me baby too. My friend asked him if he likes me and he said no. Could it be because it's my best friend and she would tell me or does he really not like me. Everyone thinks that we would be a good couple.

Meghan D.

by alison99 on 9/14/2012 5:19:48 PM

I hate it when people swear! I won't be like omg stop the swearing, but I wish they would realize you sound more mature when you don't. Swearing isn't cool lol

by unicornninja on 9/14/2012 5:13:45 PM

Wow, that guy's response is extremely sexist. Expecting all girls to be delicate, "feminine", and helpless is both ridiculous and disgusting. What people think of those who swear varies from person to person, but you should never change yourself for some girl/guy you have a crush on. If you change your habits, it should be because of you, and no one else.

by The_Lorax on 9/14/2012 5:12:16 PM

Everyone, including girls at my school curses and nobody, barley even the techers, care. But, girls, take it from a high school junior. Cussing(especially younger girls) isn't cute. You will every once in a while when you get into high school but that's okay. Cussing every 2 seconds for no reason isn't cool either. But, if you know someone who swears, let him. It's their life.

Want more advice? Join my Advice Queens club. You can ask me anything! No topic is off limits(I'm 16 and have been through it all). I promise to answer within 2 days(I come on here everyday.)

by scamp24 on 9/14/2012 4:45:54 PM

Thank you for posting this.

I was trying to explain to one of my friends who uses foul language that it doesnt impress guys and even makes people feel uncomfortable. She said I was wrong and that I was a prude. I dont like guys who always talk nasty so I dont think guys like when we talk like that.

by fashionqn on 9/14/2012 4:22:15 PM

Not true--it varies guy-to-guy. If he's constantly cussing, why would he care if you do? If he never does, he may care, he may not. It depends on the guy.
You'd be surprised at the conversations we have in drama.  (We're doing Mr. Marmalade, in case you're wondering. Tong) Lauren I.

by Dawnstar on 9/14/2012 3:51:27 PM

People tell me I am pretty and smart and I make guys laugh all the time. But still I have never had a guy say he likes me (excluding one in elementary school). My mom says it is because guys are either intimadated or think I am out of reach can that be true?

Hey girl,

Your mom is probably right--if guys are intimidated by you, they might not talk to you because you are so awesome! Try breaking the ice by introducing yourself to someone and getting to know them as friends. Once guys see how down-to-earth you are, you will probably have more guy friends and maybe even have one of them say he likes you!

Meghan D.

by cookiemonster15 on 9/14/2012 3:38:46 PM

LOL!! Tong I saw this right after I got home from school...where I almost got in huuuuge trouble for cursing. It just slipped out, though, in choir....

by fungirl123 on 9/14/2012 3:34:11 PM