AN HOUR AGO You've never had a crush...should you be worried: http://t.co/HCuRItau98

2 HOURS AGO Caramel pudding is loveee! Try our recipe: http://t.co/7b2CtmPfkM

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 5 get cozy in a pair of @Koolaburra Double Halo short boots: http://t.co/ameL0NklfP

COMMENTS

Judge rules school violated girl's civil rights by punishing her for a FB post

Earlier this year, The Next Web Reports, a 12-year-old girl from Minnesota posted a not-so-nice comment on her Facebook page—she said she hated a hall monitor who...

what trouble did the boy get in for being "mean" to her???

by emim88 on 5/28/2013 12:58:53 PM

OMG! That story is horrible, and that judge must not like her. I feel calling someone mean isn't bullying it is expressing yourself and freedom of speech.

by Murrr14 on 12/27/2012 8:53:33 PM

Wow.Its one thing if she was hating on another student,but because of a teacher?She should have only got a detention for cussing out people,because that's kinda rude,but suspension and having to give out the passwords for a FB account and email?Thats wrong.

by rainbowssparklesdesu on 11/23/2012 3:54:08 PM

You go girl!!! I would be to scared, but I would want to do the same thing. Anyway, it isnt the moms responsibility that the girl and her son were having those conversations. That had nothing whatsoever to do with her or the school. That doesnt mean that they can make her give up her personal things. MESSED UP!!!
Okay, I am blabbering on and on, so I will just say that I agree with the girl.

by MountainLover456 on 11/20/2012 8:50:53 PM

you go girl

by pandasrock292 on 9/30/2012 12:38:14 PM

that is not bullying the hall moniter is the bully here. the school made her give up her pass. UNFAIR

by pandasrock292 on 9/30/2012 12:01:22 PM

ive been bullied and that is not bulying

by kewauneegal on 9/21/2012 10:52:58 PM

What? It is so wrong for her school to force her to give over passwords and information. Its true she probably shouldnt have said she hated the hall monitor but what she did was about what we all do. And talking about sex, as long as she wasnt posting pictures, its kind of normal to do at our age. Way over reacting. I am glad she won.

by fashionqn on 9/19/2012 1:30:11 PM

You cannot talk trash about people online especially teachers. I do not think they "violated her privacy". It is probably a school rule that you cannot talk about students and teachers online. Saying mean things about people online is BULLYING! I do not care if it was at school or not. If we bully people online at my school we can get into trouble also. I think it is ridiculous they are taking this to court. So what you get suspended for a few days, you violated a school rule. I love how people get all mad when they hear about online bullying but then support articles like this. If you cannot be civil on a social networking site you should lose your privileges to it. It is a a privilege, not a right. I think people are too wrapped up in all this constitutional rights stuff. We get that you have rights but you are taking it to the extreme. Are you seriously going to sue over a stupid Facebook password!

by angrybirds99 on 9/19/2012 12:31:39 AM

first of all... she is violating the terms on facebook by having a facebook at age 12, but that aside i don't think she should have posted that on facebook in the first place but I do think that the school definately crossed a line when they gave her detention and iss. Thtat being said i diont think that calling someone mean once should be called bullying. There are to many bad things in this world to be having something this small have to be taken to court.

by IDKBoys on 9/19/2012 12:02:54 AM