8 HOURS AGO Can girls make the first move—or is that weird? http://t.co/tgtlB9KNYl

10 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 Western chick wrangles these @BuccoCapensis navy boots: http://t.co/o8FUIQYMbr

11 HOURS AGO Snag a sneak peek of @jacquieleemusic's new EP: http://t.co/CsAj7j0goN #thevoice

COMMENTS

6 cute texts he loves from Y-O-U

We all know that boys have the power to make us smile at our phones, and we’ve all been the person that bears the third-degree from...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So, i went to homecoming with this guy last night and we have hung out before and he put his arm around me and stuff, and he always smiles at me, and trys to make me laugh. but then he doesnt text me and we never really have good conversations. I like him and Im not sure if he likes me too! what do you think and what are some tell-tale signs! also what are good conversation starters because i sit infront of him in one of my classes but I never know what to say! thanks!

Hey girlie, everything that you're telling me points to him liking you, but the conversation issue makes me a little hesitant to tell you he definitely does. Figure out what the two of you have common. Find out what sports teams, movies and TV shows he likes so that you can talk about those things. Try texting him and starting conversations about your class or anything else, and if he keeps it up then there's a good chance he likes you too.

Lauren T.

by liddywitty on 10/14/2012 6:20:58 PM

Okay, so im 12 years old, and i have a boyfriend. I really wanna have my first kiss with him. But i know that the younger the boy they arent as mature. So im scared to ask him anything about kissing. What should i do?

by lovetilltheworldends12 on 10/13/2012 6:20:15 PM

theres this guy that i dont just like i LOVE. he gave me his# then the next day he said he had a girlfriend!!I feel like im the only one who understands him. But whats driving me soooooo crazy is I dont know if he likes me!! Im afraid to ask him. Ive told him secrets and hes told me secrets. I trust him and he trusts me. Ive liked him for 4 years!!!! Im afriad that it might be time 2 move on. Hes hurt me before but i cant get him out of my mind!Hes even in my dreams now,Hes always looking at me ,m comes 2 me 4 help, and he cant stop smiling when i talk to him. I text him now everyday. Do u think thats bothering him? Do u think he likes me? PLEASE HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by tabithamh on 10/4/2012 5:06:50 PM

MOD
So I made a deal with this guy i like that for every football game our school wins (hes a starter) id bring him brownies since I used to bake them and bring them to school last semester (he always wanted one n said im the best baker). So every time I give him the little plate now I look over his shoulder for my friend in his class and not really look at him even though hes smiling and looking at me. My friends said im being obvious I like him, and so this past week I actually looked him in the eyes when I gave him the brownies and said 'nice win Friday' (we won 49-0) and he smiled n thanked me then looked me in the eyes and we held eye contact for at least 4-5 seconds and we were both smiling like idiots. I have no idea if that maybe means he likes me? Or just as a friend? He broke up with his 10 month gf in June so I doubt hes looking for another relationship now...also we don't have any classes together but our 4th periods are right next to each other.
MOD

Hey girly, sometimes it's hard to tell but I think there's a good chance he likes you. Making eye contact was a good move on your part;it shows confidence! Since he isn't in any of your classes, try getting together with a group of friends for bowling, a movie or mini golf.  Check out this article for helpful hints on how to tell if a guy likes you: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/08/10/The-Scoop-Sneaky-signs-your-crush-likes-you-back.aspx
Lauren I.

by hannahbabiie96 on 9/26/2012 1:06:21 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
so, i was datig this guy for a while. then i broke up with him cuz of peer pressure. so we got together AGAIN,cuz we both missed eachother. But we never talked, hungout, or anything. I waved to him and said hi to him in the hallways, but he didn't ever wave back. so about a week ago, i broke up with him. I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT HIM, though. whats a way to get him back, and should i even bother?

Hey chica,

it sounds like your guys isn't ready for a real relationship. You should want someone who wants to be around you and interact with you during school! Try talking to him and letting him know that if you guys ever want to be together then he has to put forth some effort. Boys mature slower than girls, so there may just be some immaturity at play here. xoxo

Alexis G.

by Nerdy Birdy on 9/25/2012 11:15:32 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
ok i have a problem so I'm a pretty shy girl or at least around people I'm not close to and i really like this guy who i think might like me so i want to ask him out but the problem is he's ALWAYS surrounded by people i can never get him alone and theres people by his locker so i can never slip a note in and i don't have his # cause i don't know how to ask for it and i want to ask him out myself but i don't have the guts to ask him out in front of so many people can you think of any other ways for me to ask him out please i really need some help!

Hey girl, why not try getting him after class once or twice? I wouldn't just ask him out off the bat if you've never had a conversation before, but try joining that friend group. If he does like you, he'll want to find a way to hang out one on one too!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by pandacorn on 9/24/2012 8:43:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
So theres this guy and I like him. He goes to my school and is a year older than me and we don't have any classes together. We recently went out on a trip with our families and he was staring at me the whole time and we talked a little. I see him all the time in the halls. Should I smile, wave and say hi? If he stares at me a lot and talks to me and makes eye contact does that mean he likes me?
Thanks!

Hey girlie, definitely smile and say hi! You've got nothing to lose. It's hard to tell sometimes if those are signs that he likes or just signs that he's a good guy. But keep saying hi to him and find other ways outside of class to get closer to him to look for signs that he might like you.

Lauren T.

by SuperSwimmer1 on 9/23/2012 6:59:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
How do I get someone to ask me to the fall dance? I do not want to ask someone, but I really need someone to ask me!

Hey LLL328, you can give little hints to the person you want to ask you. When you are talking to them bring up the dance. Ask if they're going and if they have a date. Let them know you'd like to but haven't found anyone to go with yet. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by LLL328 on 9/23/2012 9:20:16 AM

mod mod mod
ok me and my bf have been dating for a month. lately hes been reading my messages and not replying on facebook. hes also been making updates aboutother girls and tagging them in it.he does this alot but then he will text me a couple of days later right when i start to forget him. i dont know what to do? if if i do break up with it will have to be over facebook becuase his phone broke. idk what to say? i dont know what to do? and would you know why hes doing this?? thanks so much!

Hey! he probably doesn't think tagging other girls on FB is upestting you and that's why he does it. Just talk to him and tell him how you feel. If you're gonna break up with him though, it should be in person.

Helen S.

by haileygab on 9/22/2012 1:42:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD so i have a slight problem. i have issues talking to guys in general. like i have no guy friends! i hardly ever text guys...actually make that NEVER. like, idk why i have a harder time talking to them! but they don't talk to me either! so it really stinks because whenever i like a guy i never even talk to them. now i think guys just dub me as the girl that doesn't talk! around my friends i talk a lot though. but then i don't wanna be annoying to guys either. and if i don't talk to guys soon, i'll...have issues in general lol. the like only guy i talk to is my neighbor...! if a guy talked to me, i'd totally talk back but they don't talk to me and i have hard time starting conversation. i don't know what to do about the whole situation! please help me! any pointers/advice you can give me to talk to guys more without sounding stupid? now it just seems awkward talking to guys since i never do! HELP MEEEE! thanks!! Xx

Hey girl,

That is totally normal and understandable! You could start by talking to some of your girl friends' guy friends and introducing yourself and getting to know them a little better until you are more comfortable talking to guys, and then you could introduce yourself to other people, too! Check out our guys channel for tons of great tips on ice breakers and talking to guys Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/ice-breakers.aspx

Meghan D.

by thatsnotawkward on 9/21/2012 11:24:47 PM

Mod!
I'm a sophomore in high school and I've never had a boyfriend. Guys flirt with me all the time though! I'm semi popular but no guys that I like ask me out. How can I send clear signals to guys? If I find a guy I like I can usually make the first move, but then they don't try to make a second move on me...suggestions?

Hey girl,

Instead of making the first move, why not try something different and wait for guys to approach you first? Hang out with guys as friends and get to know them--once they see how cool you are, they'll want to hang out with you as more than that!

Meghan D.

by Hershey on 9/21/2012 11:15:34 PM

MODMODMOD
There's this guy I've known for a few months and just in the past few weeks we've become really close. We text each other constantly and he's gone out of his way to see and talk to me in the halls at school. The thing is he's three grade levels ahead of me. Also, he has a girlfriend, which he said himself wasn't serious. People always tease him about being around me so much. I'm confused as to whether he thinks of me in a sisterly way because I'm younger than him. Also, what is he doing hanging around me so much when he has a girlfriend?

Hey girl,

Age can be a big factor when you're young, but the bigger issue here is that he has a girlfriend! Even if he said it wasn't serious, you can't do anything with him while he's in another relationship. If you stay friends with him now, maybe you can be more than that later. If you were his girlfriend, would you want him to be spending all of his time with another girl? Stay friends for now and see where things go from there.

Meghan D.

by EmaPlusCjj on 9/21/2012 10:36:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD homecoming is coming soon, and I want to make a really big impression. However, my school has a very strict dress code, and the teachers have a thing for modesty: dresses no more than 2 inches above the knee, no Spandex or polyester or any skin tight material, no plunging necklines that show any trace of chest. How can I cope with such a strict dress code?

Hey girl,

That dress code sounds pretty reasonable, there are tons of cute things you can wear that will meet those criteria! Check out our fashion channel for TONS of clothing tips Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/fashion.aspx

Meghan D.

by PuppyCT on 9/21/2012 9:13:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to go to homecoming with one of my guy friends.
We have a class together and we text sometimes and we get along really well and I think it would be fun if we went together! He doesn't have a date yet but he wants to take one. Should I wait and see if he asks me or ask him myself? And how would I ask him myself?

Hey girl,

If you're already friends and you want to ask him, there's really no harm in just asking if he wants to go with you--the worst that can happen is that he says no! If you already get along, it seems like you would have a great time together. And if you end up not asking him, you could still dance with him and hang out with him that night! Have fun!

Meghan D.

by cutieonpatrol on 9/21/2012 8:49:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
so i have a bit of a crush on this guy my class. he's cute and witty and plays soccer and tries to act all tough and manly, but he really's actaully really nice and friendly. currently i don't really talk to him, but i think he stares at me (i see him doing it out of the corner of my eye) and he will give me shy smiles in the hall, and my i even say, ocasionally blushes when he does. do you think he could be intrested in me? how do i subtly flirt with him? should i try to befriend him, and if so how? thanks Smile

Hey girl,

He might be interested, it sounds like he's at least interested in being friends, so you've got a good idea to start there! Introduce yourself to him and talk about school, or if you see him at a soccer game, you could congratulate him on playing well. Once you get past the initial awkwardness and become friends, it will be a lot easier to tell if he likes you Smile

Meghan D.

by iheartu? on 9/21/2012 8:31:08 PM

I know a guy named Bennett who's 14...

by Danerka on 9/21/2012 6:00:00 PM

So, I've liked this guy for a while. Everyday (sometimes multiples in the day) he kinda flips my hair. Sometimes he does that thing where someone taps your shoulder and then looks away. He did it twice today -_- . One day I was walking with my friend to lunch and we were behind him and his friend. He saw me and did the hair flip thing. The. My friend said," do you like her or something?" And he said no. Another time my friend said the he should hug me, so we and hugged then everyone was saying stuff like," oh, love at first sight," or whatever.(even his friend said it) might he like me or no? He always denies that he does....

Boys your age have a hard time admitting who they like. It's always hard to know if they actually like you! There's a few things you can do...

1. Admit that you like him and maybe he will finally confess! This is the hardest but easiest way to know!

2. Ask his friends! There is a possible chance his friends know and they may tell you!

3. Try texting him and see if he is interested.

4. Maybe try asking him to the next school dance? He could be too nervous to do anything, so take the lead!
mailyse f.

by Princess6066 on 9/21/2012 4:10:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I like this guy in one of my classes. He's a bit of a class clown, so he's really funny. Before this class I never even knew who he was. One day he turned my music on in the middle of class and i kept trying to stop him, but he grabbed my hands and turned it on. Then he said,"just kidding," and walked away. Another time, he grabbed an old quiz and started asking me the questions on it until the teacher made everyone sit down. And last the other day he came up behind me and scared me, I turned around and he was laughing and I called him a bad name >_>. Might he like me? Thanks<3

It seems like he's trying to get your attention! I'm pretty sure he is interested in you! It's very common for people your age to flirt by annoying the person they like. The only way you can be sure is talking to him more and maybe hanging out with him outside of school!
mailyse f.

by laangelita23 on 9/21/2012 3:34:34 PM

I think guys just eat it up when we compliment them. Every time I do that I get good responses. And it depends where you want your texts to go. And you dont have to tell them they have nice abs to get them going, their imaginations are weirder than ours.

by fashionqn on 9/21/2012 10:19:21 AM